No announcement yet.

The Eye (111)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im american and i just watched it (you know how ).. this is nothing short of.. amazing.. in EVERY way

Comment

and my own screencap.. LOL

http://essentrixpc.net/sg/mckaylol.JPG

reppin the americans
      Last edited by Darren; 22 December 2004, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by joanne1138
        Was wandering round a russian name meaning place type thing (trying to find possible names for Zelenka) and I came across this:

KOLENKA/KOLYA: of the conquering people

Just thought I'd share this.
        That's really cool...thanks for sharing. TPTB really do their homework on these things.
        Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Great conclusion from The Storm. Really good.

Sheppard really has some skill, I do hope we get to see a lot more of this in the future, it would be really, really cool.

I'm guessing we'll be seeing the Genii again. They're become quite a big enemy, and all they want is a little bit of C4. Don't blame the Atlantians () for not giving them it though.

Finally got to see some development of Ford, he's good in the field too. But we still need to work on him a lot.

Teyla's sort of 'showdown' you might say with that girl (can't remember the name) was good also, I though Teyla would just have got her and killed her, but I understand why she didn't. *pats on head*

Gotta laugh at McKay though, his little noticeboard near the generator, "Really, Really DANGEROUS - Don't Touch, McKay" Just had me laughing away.

Great conclusion to the first part. Prometheus Unbound and The Eye worked out a great evening.
          __

__

Comment

Great episode, just saw it one sky one, Mckay and Beckett were their normal comical selves in their own way and we saw a bit of humour from Ford as well. I was gald to see Sheppard shooting the hell out of the Genii, and finally in a TV programme someone takes a shot at the guy holding the hostage. Now im wandering whether the Genii girl will stay with the SGA members. But i thought it was a great episode, and nice pic alz0rz
            'Where did you get this'- Wraith Queen
            'I don't remember'- Major Sheppard - Rising (part 2)

'I don’t know if you noticed or not, but I’m an extremely arrogant man who tends to think all of his plans will work.' - McKay - The Eye

Comment

Fantastic episode.. what I liked in a nutshell..

For a change, Ford gets a personality, great banter between he and Carson.
              McKay, McKay, McKay.. lovely scenes between he and Weir. And Rodney's a hero!
              The scene with the 'gate forcefield, very powerful.
              Sheppard on the rampage.
              Magic CGI effects.
              Excellent dramatic tension, in the lead up to the shield generator going up.

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
                Fantastic episode.. what I liked in a nutshell..

For a change, Ford gets a personality, great banter between he and Carson.
                McKay, McKay, McKay.. lovely scenes between he and Weir. And Rodney's a hero!
                The scene with the 'gate forcefield, very powerful.
                Sheppard on the rampage.
                Magic CGI effects.
                Excellent dramatic tension, in the lead up to the shield generator going up.
                Exaclty what i meant, summed it up perfectly, i was very pleased about that forcefield bit and Sheppards rampage. Brilliant episode, one of the best so far i think, we had an insight into a few of the characters personalities.

'I don’t know if you noticed or not, but I’m an extremely arrogant man who tends to think all of his plans will work.' - McKay - The Eye

Comment

I loved this episode. The Storm was excellent but this was an amazing conclusion.

I adored all of the scenes with McKay and Weir together. I think that they were so well acted and I just loved their interaction. You can see how McKay has changed since his arrival on Atlantis when he is with Weir in this episode. It was so cool to see him being the hero. When he stepped in front of Weir to prevent Kolya from shooting her it was such a testament to how much he had changed and how he had his arm around her when he was outside was just so sweet. McKay is one of the most sarky, arrogant and yet likeable characters on television and it was great to see a more tender side to his character.

Sheppard rocked. I loved him in this episode and I loved all the games he was playing with Kolyas men. Angry Sheppard is deffinately compelling to watch.

Loved the banter between Beckett and Ford too. It was nice to see Ford actually do something and say more than a few lines in this episode. I wish they'd use him more. Beckett is just so funny. Between him, McKay and Sheppard we get a real comedy element to the show and I loved all of his scenes.

And I really can't think of anything else to say right now.

Lucy xxx

Comment

FINALLY

A RISING BEATER!....well not quite but close IMO

Sheppard is the man, and finally, finally after such a long time I see the potential for a possible Shep/Weir ship!

McKay was great, Ford was great, Teyla was great, Beckett was great, Weir was great and the Genii were as asinine as ever. Although one thing that bugged the hell out of me was how the Genii managed to figure out the control systems for Atlantis so easily.

Teyla knife-fu with Sora.....could watch that all day...ahem...yes it was excellent.

The CGI for this ep was also top-class. The shield activating, awesome scene.

Really loved this ep, on a par with Rising

ANCiENTS & TOLKiEN
                    One race to found them all, one race to zap them,
                    One race to guide them all, and in the universe transcend them

ODE TO JOY
                    Freude, schöner Götterfunken, Tochter aus Elysium,
                    Wir betreten Feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum.

Deine Zauber binden wieder, Was die Mode streng geteilt;
                    Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancients Rising
                      Really loved this ep, on a par with Rising

Indeed it is, if not slightly better .. but by a little. It's hard to beat Rising, but hey it did have a $5 million budget. And I too agree with your Sheppard/Weir ship comments, it could well be possible now.
                      __

__

Comment

I can also see the Shep/Weir ship now, he got really angry when Koyla said he had shot her. It was as good if bnot better than rising, a very debatable one, all i know is that Risin g and this ep have made me compelled to get the boxset as soon as it comes out however many months gthat is away i dont know...

Comment

Originally posted by Thor's Gunner
                          all i know is that Risin g and this ep have made me compelled to get the boxset as soon as it comes out however many months gthat is away i dont know...
                          Yep same here! Me want that boxset so bad.

I'm glad Sky+'ed The Eye and The Storm, gonna watch them when I get the time before the January 4th 2005 goodness of The Defiant One

ANCiENTS & TOLKiEN
                          One race to found them all, one race to zap them,
                          One race to guide them all, and in the universe transcend them

ODE TO JOY
                          Freude, schöner Götterfunken, Tochter aus Elysium,
                          Wir betreten Feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum.

Deine Zauber binden wieder, Was die Mode streng geteilt;
                          Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancients Rising
                            I'm glad Sky+'ed The Eye and The Storm, gonna watch them when I get the time before the January 4th 2005 goodness of The Defiant One

I recorded The Eye so I'll watch it again probably tomorrow or whenever I feel like watching it again. But I didn't record The Storm, but I didn watch it earlier today from a previous recording so I got all geared up for The Eye.

Next year on January 4 .. on comes The Defiant One.
                            __

__

Comment

Fantastic episode, loved it.

Sheppard didn't seem to have any problem killing the Genii. I thought this might be driven by the fact that he thought Weir had been killed, so he wasn't going to hold back, but even when he learned she was still alive he told Ford to shoot to kill. Speaking of the Genii, they're being set up to become a really big enemy, and now Kolya has a vengeance of his own against Sheppard, I heard right that his son died when Sheppard put the gate shield up didn't I?

McKay was great, as usual, keeping Weir alive by continually lying to Kolya and then stepped in front of Weir as she was about to be shot. I loved the sign by the power generator too and his line about being an arrogant man who thinks all his plans will work lol

Good to see Ford and Teyla getting to play a part in taking back Atlantis. Loved Ford's line about Sheppard "He'll be the dot killing all the other dots". The Teyla/Sora fight was good, seemed like Teyla was holding back.

Comment

I loved this episode. In fact, I think I might have preferred this one to even "The Storm," which was my favourite episode yet.

Shep notched up a major kill count in this one (even if most of them were splattered against the iris) and I was cheering him on all the way. Shame he didn't go the whole way with the "Die Hard" impression and strip down to his vest though!

Carson was hilarious - he could talk at me all he wanted and I wouldn't complain. And Sora finally got her come-uppance, though Teyla really could have beaten her up a little more, I think.

And Rodney! Rodney totally saved Weir's life. He's so brave. Oh, and he got all wet, which was nice.

Originally posted by lucylou
                                I adored all of the scenes with McKay and Weir together.
                                Yes, me too. I think I'm turning into a bit of a McWeir shipper. Help me, quick!

Also, Carson and Teyla so need to get together. It's gonna happen - mark my words....
                                "Never give up! Never surrender!" - Galaxy Quest

Comment

Working...
                                X