Hide And Seek (103)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
    Because it isn't the Ancients who help people ascend, it's the Ascended who help people ascend.
    Whups! I think I knew that, but didn't express myself correctly. Thanks for the correction.

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
    Ascendedland is a melting pot of species, but it wants to be an exclusive club - excluding any who can't figure out Ascension for themselves, I guess.
    I think you're right about them wanting to be an exclusive club. I was disappointed that they never made any connection to some wider phenomenon or human legends (like: "this explains spontaneous human combustion!").

I loved the episode where SG-1went to the little temple on Keb, I think it was, where one of the Ascended (Omat, right?) had instructions for how to ascend. Other than that instance it just seems that this person or that person is picked to ascend (always convenient to the storyline).

That reminds me of something I've been wondering about: whatever happened to that Goa'uld / human child?
    A student once asked his teacher, "Master, what is enlightenment?"
    The master replied, "When hungry, eat. When tired, sleep."

Comment

I think I may have realized an answer to my earlier question about why all Ancients didn't ascend. It may have simply been that not everyone can... I mean, not everyone is cut out to be an engineer, an artist, a doctor, a lawyer or a Zen Master. It could be that they all had the knowledge, but some couldn't apply it and they fled to other worlds as the Wraith-threat grew too large.

Comment

I'm going to assume everyone has seen FULL CIRCLE by now, but if you haven't, skip this message.

As for the idea of not everyone being "able" to ascend... Oma (or whoever) ascended the entire population (as far as we know) of Abydos. They didn't spontaneously choose to do it, it was done for them. And I'm pretty sure that there were at least a few among them who would not, under normal circumstances, be considered "worthy" of ascension. So how is it that the Abydans can all be ascended, but some of the Ancients themselves were unable? Couldn't they just have asked for help?

My guess is that some of them, for whatever reason, CHOSE not to ascend. And/or there could have been a group or groups that were chosen to remain behind to keep things running smoothly for as long as possible. Whether they volunteered or were conscripted to such an assignment could have interesting consequences, as could the reasons why some would want to stay behind, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by zen.monki
          Did anyone else think it was odd to see them sitting on a couch watching a football game on a big-screen with popcorn?! I mean, I know they have a lot of cool technology but I doubt the Ancient's display panels have RCA jacks built in.
          I just assumed the expedition team brought the TV. It never even occured to me that it could have already been there, and I doubt it was the case.
          Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

I got the impression they didn't bring the TV with them from Weir's incredulity about him bringing the football game on tape/disc. Why would they need a TV? I doubt they can pick up Dish or DirecTV.

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
              I just assumed the expedition team brought the TV. It never even occured to me that it could have already been there, and I doubt it was the case.
              It didn't look like any of "our" TVs to me. It looked like an Ancient display of some sort and McKay obviously found some way to hook up a video feed.
              Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
              O'Neill: Who doesn't?
              - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
              - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
              once done, cannot be undone...
              brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

So here's a question... if Shep's item was a video tape of a game, who brought a VCR? And why? Or would that be necessary equipment for recording/playing/storing information?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                  So here's a question... if Shep's item was a video tape of a game, who brought a VCR? And why? Or would that be necessary equipment for recording/playing/storing information?
                  Silly Shadow. Who needs a VCR when you've got a laptop?

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."

Comment

maybe he had the game on his comp and burned it to a vcd disc.

Comment

Ah. How twentieth century of me. Think there's anything else on the disc, then?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                        Ah. How twentieth century of me. Think there's anything else on the disc, then?
                        Star Trek? Star Wars? ALF? Baywatch?

Comment

Star Trek? So they can watch and learn and figure out good excuses to remove Shep's shirt?

Comment

i didn't see a TV there....i think it might been a projector with a few games....or may be different ppl brought different things and then Sheppard got a really smart idea of putting those things together for the whole city

Comment

well beings that you can only put 80 minutes on an average disk he probably had just that one game on it(even though football games run longer than 80 min I think).

Comment

Hi there-

I had a question about that "one personal item per person" deal. In the room where they were watching the football game, there also was a foosball table. Do you think that was community property, or did someone bring it along as their one item? Just curious.

SGA fans' ages poll

Comment

Working...
                                X