Hide And Seek (103)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Selmak
    You can compare Weir to Hammond... remember in the first episode Hammond was a straight military guy... I hated him... but his character developed and he became lovable... I think/hope the same will happen with Weir.
    Yeah, I just think that we have to wait and see if Weir can really grow into her character... which I think she will but it might just take some time.

Comment

This was one of my favorite parts of this episode (i may not have the wording exactly right):

Weir: "This is the way you decided to test the shield?"
      Sheppard: "No, we did some other things first."
      McKay: "He shot me."

I probably got the wording totally wrong, but you get the point and you probably know what im talking about.
      My top three favorite Atlantis characters:
      1. Maj. John Sheppard
      2. Dr. Beckett
      3. Dr. Elizabeth Weir

My top three favorite SG-1 characters:
      1. Dr. Daniel Jackson (hence the username)
      2. Tie: Maj. Samantha Carter, Colonel Jonathan 'Jack' O'Neill (duh)
      3. Jacob Carter

(and also, even though my name is Danny-boy, i am actually a girl who REALLY likes Daniel Jackson [and Jack called him that once])

Comment

Close, reverse McKay and Shepards lines and you pretty much got it (obviously the pronouns will need to change to match). Also, I think Weir said something more like "And you thought throwing him off the balcony was the best way to test it?", then McKay, and then Shepard's famous "I shot him" line.

Comment

Finally asked the hubby what game *exactly* was it that Sheppard loved - it was the 1984 National Championship between Boston College and Miami. Doug Flutie won the Heisman trophy that year...(sorry, it was just bugging me!)
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom
            Doug Flutie won the Heisman trophy that year...(sorry, it was just bugging me!)
            Ah, could someone please tell me what MacKay responded, that made Teyla ask if he played hockey, too? With my old age, squinty-vision sound and MacKay mumbling at 100/kph, I think I'm gonna be missing a lot of the dialogue, this year.

And, no, squinty-vision doesn't have subtitles - yet.
            Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
            "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
            One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
            resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
            confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
            A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
            The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

I think it was something like that he played for Canada (Canadian football) after he got out of college.

Comment

I thought it was something about the team they were watching playing in Canada. Like they went on to play in Canada or sumthing.
                I'm so out of all the rest of the scripts now. McKay's going to go looking for a file and never come back now. "Yeah, I thought I saw it in the other room." Cut to Season Eight: "Yeah, he died! That McKay guy ..."

April (obsessed with David Hewlett)

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualCLD
                  Close, reverse McKay and Shepards lines and you pretty much got it (obviously the pronouns will need to change to match). Also, I think Weir said something more like "And you thought throwing him off the balcony was the best way to test it?", then McKay, and then Shepard's famous "I shot him" line.
                  The look on Shepards face when he said that is classic. Cracked me up so much.
                  It feels good to be alive.
                  Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

I thought I'd replied to this already, but after watching part of it during the rebroadcast last night I realized I hadn't.

I really liked Hide & Seek and I think MediaSharX's review is spot-on in calling it a money-saving "bottle" episode. However, I still don't understand the "Hail Mary" reference...but that's probably because I despise football. I know, I know...how terribly un-American of me.
                    Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                    O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                    - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                    - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                    once done, cannot be undone...
                    brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Don't worry about it... Me, I can't stand soccer. But if I were to say so out loud here in Norway I'd get stoned to death.
                      Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                        Don't worry about it... Me, I can't stand soccer. But if I were to say so out loud here in Norway I'd get stoned to death.
                        What?! You call it soccer? I thought every country except the US called soccer football. I'm confused now. Anyway, the "Hail Mary" is usually a very long, last resort, forward pass the quarterback makes. This usually occurs when the offense is on the completely oppositte end of the field, and some catcher/runner guy runs all of the way down the field and the QB throws him the ball. Runner/catcher thingy guy looks over his shoulder and caches the ball while running full tilt. QBs usually do this if the offense is about to lose control of the ball. I'm sure you absolutely didn't want to hear that, so I'm happy to help.

I don't follow football either, but when you play in a pep band for college and you attend every home game... well, you get the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualCLD
                          What?! You call it soccer? I thought every country except the US called soccer football. I'm confused now.
                          Actually, you're right - we don't call it soccer here. I just refer to it as soccer when speaking English to avoid confusion.
                          Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Indeed. Best keep your mouth shut about that. I went to two HUGE football universities. It was nuts. The whole town practically shut-down during games. They would play the game on the radio in the grocery store. Going to the library was a traffic nightmare. It turned out to be the best time to go to the movies. When I got a job at a university, I can't tell you how thrilled I was to find out that their football program was canceled due to lack of funding.

Back /on-topic: I sort of do get the "Hail Mary" reference, but it was more like "oh...I get it...football reference...ugh". Still liked the ep, though.

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."

Comment

Ah, fortunately, my school sucks at football, so the games themselves weren't a big deal... except for one game called "The Longest Running College Football Rivallry" TM by ESPN.... Anyway, yeah, the "Hail Mary" refference seemed very targetted at US fans. Kind of singles out the international fans a little bit.

Comment

I guess it was one of those "Let's bonk you over the head with the idea that Sheppard is an AMERICAN" kind of things. It could have been baseball. I would have preferred baseball. Unfortunately, (American) football is seen as more "macho".

Comment

Working...
                                X