No announcement yet.

Hide And Seek (103)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Either I am blind, or I missed something, but can anyone tell me what happened to Halling?

I got the impression he was hurt because of something Atlantis related, but I don't recall anything being shown or said about the cause of his injury. He looked fined in Rising but then ended up using crutches in the this episode.

Someone said something like "We don't want anyone getting hurt the way Halling did" and I can't remember the how or why surrounding the injury.

sigpic

Comment

I don't think they ever did say.

Comment

I think I read in an interview a long time ago that Christopher Heyerdahl had picked up the injury in between filming episodes and so he genuinely did have a bad leg in that episode, so they quickly wrote that line in to cover it, but it will take me a while to track down the interview...!
        Please... leave the touching to the experts.

Comment

If you can find the interview, that would be great. However just knowing that they decided add his injury at least gives some sort of closure despite the character's injury was never revealed.

sigpic

Comment

I just started watching Atlantis, so I've only seen this episode and the pilot. I didn't think this was quite as good as Rising, but I there were enough good things in the episode to like. Loved McKay! I found him quite annoying on SG-1 (I know he's supposed to be annoying - but for me it was bordering on "I don't want to watch him") and I couldn't imagine his character on a show every single week. But I like him. And yay - he even got to be the hero at the end.
            sigpic
            Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Was watching this with the kids and hubby. My neice is visting and loved this episode. She kept giggling at Rodney. My son was really scared of the black smoke at one point. Hey, he's only 6! I did point out that this is Stargate and to remember Daniel has "died" a few times and has always come back.
              Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

OK, so I'm late to this party... but I wanted to chime in on a few things.

One, I liked McKay in this episode. He's a twit, but he's shaping up to be a better character than he was on SG-1.

...and my favorite line in the show is one of his: (something to this effect)
                "I didn't believe in ghosts. Then we came to the Pegasus galaxy and met these things called the Wraith that can drain the life out of you with these little suckers on their hands. What the hell is that?"

His sentiments echo my own... please tell me that the Wraith aren't a cheap schlocky way to interject "horror" into the Gate mythos. Yeah, I've only watched the first few episodes, but doggone it, they are just lame excuses for vampires. I hope that Atlantis has done better than that since then. Stargate SG-1 didn't usually stoop to this sort of gross-out "monster of the week" nonsense to drive interest.

Good characters and interesting dialogue drove the best of that show... and now we have some of the same... plus hand vampires? What is that all about?

So... does it get better? Please?
                Tilting windmills since... well... too long ago to remember...

sigpic

My portfolio and repository:
                http://z13.invisionfree.com/Peregrine_Design/

Comment

Don't know if this has been discussed, but when Sheppard is watching the football game Weir says something like "you are allowed one personal item and you brought this?"

But later on we see he has the novel War and Peace and he has a poster of Johnny Cash in his bedroom. It's pretty minor, but kind of annoying. Maybe the posters were just a communtiy item pool that they could draw from.

That said, doesn't it seem like they packed sort of light when they came? It's not like they were in danger of weighing down the gate. Everyone should have had a giant backpack and a couple of roller suitcases.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Watson View Post
                    Don't know if this has been discussed, but when Sheppard is watching the football game Weir says something like "you are allowed one personal item and you brought this?"

But later on we see he has the novel War and Peace and he has a poster of Johnny Cash in his bedroom. It's pretty minor, but kind of annoying. Maybe the posters were just a communtiy item pool that they could draw from.

That said, doesn't it seem like they packed sort of light when they came? It's not like they were in danger of weighing down the gate. Everyone should have had a giant backpack and a couple of roller suitcases.
                    That sounds of somewhat of a plothole there... hadn't noticed before.

Maybe "You were allowed one personal item and you brought this?" just sounded better to the writers than "only a few personal items"... I don't know. It's relatively unimportant plothole-wise methinks. Especially given that slipups like that are generally quite absent throughout the series.

Hide and Seek was one of the (many) great McKay eps btw. All his remarks about dying from hunger eventually and not being around anymore - priceless. And he decided to be the hero in the end, too, by venturing into the darkness to lure the energy creature through the stargate. Gotta love McKay
                    => Complete SG-1 marathon: currently watching Season 10... <=

In the end, only you can decide the fate of your own soul…

sigpic

As your mother, you will listen to *me*, young lady! There will be *no* leading ships on a mass murdering crusade!

Comment

McKay:"Oh, believe me. This isn't the first time we've tested it."
                      Sheppard: "I shot him...in the leg!"

I love this episode. That scene in the beginning when Sheppard pushes McKay off the balcony reminds me of my cousins and I.
                      STOP KILLING WEIR!!!
                      Seriously, she's died HOW many times now?!

Comment

McKay: 'I'm a dead man...'

It's a brilliant episode! One of my all-time faves. LMOA with the balcony scene. Oh, and the...

BECKETT: 'Captain Untouchable.'

Comment

i like this ep because it shows that Rodney can be a hero when need be.i also like the fact that they tease him about fainting and that rodney finally gets his wish about using Ancient technology.
                          sigpic

Comment

hillarious intro, great episode

Comment

Okie dokie. Don't know if it's been said yet, but there was a minor moment that got me thinking.

FORD: "You sure it'll do enough damage?"
                              MCKAY: "Ever see a 20-kiloton nuclear explosion?"
                              SHEPPARD: "I have."
                              (everyone stares at him)
                              SHEPPARD: "Not up close."

Where the heck would he see something like that? It's one of those character backstory things that made me really curious.

Comment

i agree were would u see one of those i now wish they told us because it would have been a great thing to know
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X