Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by belevision View Post
    Ooh, what show? Sorry if you told me already; I'm a scatterbrain.
    Nope, I didn't mention it. We are going to one of the many Improv shows here in Chicago. Give the girls a chance to experience Improv and end our last night in Chicago in a very fun way.

Egads, we just had three rooms next to and across from us fill up with teenage boys. Okay, I have two rooms of teenage girls.....OMG

The girls are suddenly acting really really silly.

*Looks around* Where's Radek??????
    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
      Nope, I didn't mention it. We are going to one of the many Improv shows here in Chicago. Give the girls a chance to experience Improv and end our last night in Chicago in a very fun way.
      That does sound like a lot of fun!

Egads, we just had three rooms next to and across from us fill up with teenage boys. Okay, I have two rooms of teenage girls.....OMG

The girls are suddenly acting really really silly.
      Oh, you have your work cut out for you now!

*Looks around* Where's Radek??????
      Spoiler:

: I am in the lab... hiding from noisy teenagers!

Comment

That does sound like a lot of fun!
        Yep!

Originally posted by belevision
        Oh, you have your work cut out for you now!
        I know. Help me please!

Originally posted by belevision
        Spoiler:
        http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr348/belevision/sga/sga-3x20-1568.jpg
        : I am in the lab... hiding from noisy teenagers!

LOL. Thanks!
        sigpic

Comment

: What are you smiling about?
          : Rodney, Rosehawk will be back home soon!
          : Oh, that's right...

(continues under spoiler tag...)
          Spoiler:

: So, this means you'll be so distracted by all the attention that you'll stay out of my way and I can get real work done, right?
          : It means no such thing! I'm always more productive than you are!

: You're just jealous. Belevision has still been *thunking* and there have been posters, so I've had plenty of attention.
          : I'm sure you've missed Rosehawk, though. Don't deny it.

: Well, okay, I have missed her.
          : I'm sure she'll make up for it. And I'll actually get some work done because you won't be underfoot!

: You *unprintable*!

Last edited by Coaster; 04 April 2009, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Thanks! Good find; I didn't know about this one. Direct link to the IMDB page. That movie looks scary!

Edit to add: Oh hey, Andee Frizzell (Wraith Queen) is in it too!
            Oooh, I don't know if I can watch this even with David in it. I don't like scary movies.

I read the cast list and the name Kevin McNulty looked familiar. Turns out he played Chancellor Lycos in "Inferno".

I compulsively checked the others and found:

Lara Gilchrist was the ill-fated Dr. Hewston in "Sunday".

Richard Stroh was a Genii soldier in "Harmony".

David Kopp was Lt Grogan in 2 episodes of SG-1.

Aaron Pearl was also in 2 episodes of SG-1. He was Major Kearney in "Lockdown" and Lt. George S. Hammond in "1969".

Jennifer Copping played Mallin in SG-1's "New Ground".

My kind of guy:
            "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
            Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
            (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Watcher- that's so cool! Thanks for looking those up. I love how we find so many familiar faces, in movies/shows that contain other familiar faces!

Originally posted by watcher652 View Post
              Aaron Pearl was also in 2 episodes of SG-1. He was Major Kearney in "Lockdown" and Lt. George S. Hammond in "1969".
              I saw 1969 recently. He was awesome as the young Hammond. Really did the character well.

Comment

Vancouver convention photos are starting to be posted in various places. Here's a really nice one of David.

Since Rosehawk is busy, here are some caps for you.

Spoiler:

My kind of guy:
                "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

Oh awesome! Thanks! The cabaret looks like it was a lot of fun.

Nice caps.

Comment

Here's a cap of "The Seamstress" freeze frame at the end of the trailer.

Spoiler:

My kind of guy:

Comment

Wicked pics! David's a cutie (duh!) and the other blokes are easy on the eyes too. hehehe Has David discussed any current projects he's working on? Hopefully he's busy with movies and theatre. Wooohoooo!!! hehe }:O
                      sigpic

Comment

http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr348/belevision/sga/dtsg1_42-1-1.jpg
                        : What are you smiling about?
                        : Rodney, Rosehawk will be back home soon!
                        : Oh, that's right...

(continues under spoiler tag...)
                        Spoiler:

http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/r.../dtsg1_31.jpg]
                        : So, this means you'll be so distracted by all the attention that you'll stay out of my way and I can get real work done, right?
                        : It means no such thing! I'm always more productive than you are!

http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/r...-1x19-0215.jpg
                        : You're just jealous. Belevision has still been *thunking* and there have been posters, so I've had plenty of attention.
                        : I'm sure you've missed Rosehawk, though. Don't deny it.

http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/r...-1x19-0385.jpg
                        : Well, okay, I have missed her.
                        : I'm sure she'll make up for it. And I'll actually get some work done because you won't be underfoot!

http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/r...-1x19-0208.jpg
                        : You *unprintable*!

LOL. Thanks! This is cute. What lovely images to come back to

We got back safe and sound!

Radek rocks!

Nice convention pics Watcher!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652 View Post
                          Here's a cap of "The Seamstress" freeze frame at the end of the trailer.

Cool! Heh, he's not hard to spot in that one. Thanks for sharing. It looks like an old sepia-tone photo!

Originally posted by Crimsonravenwolf View Post
                          Wicked pics! David's a cutie (duh!) and the other blokes are easy on the eyes too. hehehe Has David discussed any current projects he's working on? Hopefully he's busy with movies and theatre. Wooohoooo!!! hehe }:O
                          If you go to his blog he mentions projects that he's working on, from time to time.

LOL. Thanks! This is cute. What lovely images to come back to

We got back safe and sound!

Radek rocks!

Nice convention pics Watcher!
                          Glad you enjoyed my little bit of silliness*, and that you got back safe and sound.

*Because our thunking keeps us distracted, not Radek! Hee...

Comment

These are for Rosehawk...

I got your signature for you and David did remember you very well and was wondering why you weren't there.
                            We missed you too, of course, had a blast, especially at the cabaret, David was hilarious.

These pics are from the cabaret and one from his Q&A, I have way more, will post them when I get to it.

sigpic

Comment

Droolicious pics of David!! Is that a romance novel in his hand? *snickers
                              uncontrollably* Thanks for posting 'em Elephantgirl-so where's your in depth con report? No pressure. hehehehee Glad you're having a blast!
                              Woooohoooooo!! hehehee }:O
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by elephantgirl View Post
                                These are for Rosehawk...

I got your signature for you and David did remember you very well and was wondering why you weren't there.
                                We missed you too, of course, had a blast, especially at the cabaret, David was hilarious.
                                Thanks so much EG for getting me David's autograph. The pic collage was a fun way to cap off the Chicago convention last year.

OMG, he did remember me. It was so much fun meeting him and the other actors last year.
                                I wouldn't have been able to go to Vancouver this year as it just wasn't financially possible. Did you tell him I was in Chicago with my youth group?

I so got incentive now to try to go to the Toronto convention this summer.

I'd love to hear the stories when you get a chance. It sounds like the Cabaret was a blast! I heard David got audience members on stage acting out scenes from the romance novel he was reading.

These pics are from the cabaret and one from his Q&A, I have way more, will post them when I get to it.
                                Nice pics, thanks!

Originally posted by Crimsonravenwolf
                                Droolicious pics of David!! Is that a romance novel in his hand? *snickers
                                The GW update for Friday said he was reading from a Harliquin (spelling?) romance type novel.
                                Last edited by Rosehawk; 05 April 2009, 12:36 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X