• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
    Happy Birthday
    Bebop!!!!!

Uh, NO!

Me neither. You know about my obsession which is as passionate as yours, and we both got what we wanted! Well, some of it, anyway! I'm stunned. I must watch the rest of the eppie again. I can't seem to get past the first 5 mins or so without rewinding....
    Oh that just makes me even more excited. How long have you been after that? Must be about 3 years hehe. Oh linnie!!! Squeeeeeeeee

Well, I've had more than tenths so far!
    watch for me to.

Hmmm, nope, not going to say it. Shutting up and rewinding again....
    * goes back to drooliing and squeeing at the pics*

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
      Oh that just makes me even more excited. How long have you been after that? Must be about 3 years hehe. Oh linnie!!! Squeeeeeeeee

watch for me to.

* goes back to drooliing and squeeing at the pics*
      Well, I've had that obsession since 38 Minutes, to be honest, and resulted in me asking Joe about the reasons for certain things missing on Shep at the London Expo! It just always bugged me for some strange reason... forgive the pun when thinking about 38 Minutes! Guess Mr. Prop Guy remembered this time then!
      sigpic

Comment

oh Linz I just had a thought hehehe. Can you imagine what we'd have been like if we watched shel's scene on set instead of the ronon scene? Oh man we should have gone a few days earlier. mind you I think we'd have been unconscious. did you see the scene we watched?

From Reading some if your posts about Shep, he was filming Outsiders at the same time. So that could explain a few things about Joe. But still.....

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEBOP!!!!!

OMG!!!!!!!
          Whumper
          Down!!!!!

The Lost Tribe

Spoiler:
          DOG TAGS!!!

NEKKID SHEP!!!!!

AND
          GLASS IN HIS
          BACK!!!!!!!

I don't care about the content of rest of the episode to be honest. I'm going to be really shallow and say that scene with Shep just made the episode fantastic! I did quite enjoy the rest, though I had a massive continuity issue with Keller's hair! That was so funny I was on the floor laughing! Until I thought back to that scene with Shep and I was on the floor unconscious!

I just can't believe what I saw!

Does anyone know about me and my obsession with Shep not wearing a certain part of military attire? I can't believe it! I'm stunned and in shock!

A few caps of that scene:

I need to lie down!
          OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG I haven't seen the ep yet but OMG!!! that is absolutely flipping fantastic!!!!!! I am squeeing at a pitch only dogs can hear Thanks for the screen caps sweetie you are a star!!!!

I think I ned to find something soft and squishy to fall on whumpthunk!!!!!!! OMG *happy dance* what am i gonna be like when I see the ep

Comment

TLT
            Spoiler:
            First off, I loved the ep but it could have been better

Fab things:
            1. Teyla searching for John
            2. John protecting Zelenka!
            3. Glass in back *cough*should have been worse though*cough*
            4. Shirtless shep! Literally left me gobsmacked for the rest of the ep
            5. Todd and Woolsey
            6. Daniel's chat with the Asgard
            7. Daniel and Rodney finding the suits
            8. Ronon swinging upside down
            9. Shep coming up with hyperdrive solution
            10. Keller finally making a decision and not stringing people along

Un-fab things:
            1. Leaving Teyla behind again
            2. Not enough Teyla
            3. Waaay too much Keller
            4. Keller's hair suddenly being straight (I have no idea what happened in that scene or the one after when it was curley again cos all I was thinking about was whats going on with her hair *cough*and shirtless Shep *cough*
            5. Where the hell was Caldwell
            6. Larrin I haven't minded her in the past but Shep was just a schoolboy over her here
            7. Keller's decision (unless it turns out to be Todd she's interested in )

Bebop!

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

OMG!!!!!!!
              Whumper
              Down!!!!!

The Lost Tribe

Spoiler:
              DOG TAGS!!!

NEKKID SHEP!!!!!

AND
              GLASS IN HIS
              BACK!!!!!!!

I don't care about the content of rest of the episode to be honest. I'm going to be really shallow and say that scene with Shep just made the episode fantastic! I did quite enjoy the rest, though I had a massive continuity issue with Keller's hair! That was so funny I was on the floor laughing! Until I thought back to that scene with Shep and I was on the floor unconscious!

Does anyone know about me and my obsession with Shep not wearing a certain part of military attire? I can't believe it! I'm stunned and in shock!

Spoiler:

I mean
              DOG
              TAGS!!!!!

I need to lie down!
              Oh my, what a nice way to wake up this morning!

Comment

Squee fills the whump thread. I like it

Okay, call me crazy (), but everytime I hear this song my mind goes to the whumpers

Imagine poor Sheppie singing it
                Spoiler:

Ricky Martin - Livin' La Vida Loca
                She's into superstitions
                black cats and voodoo dolls.
                I feel a premonition that girl's gonna make me fall.
                She's into new sensations
                new kicks in the candle light.
                She's got a new addiction for every day and night.

She'll make you take your clothes off and go dancing in the rain.
                She'll make you live her crazy life but she'll take away your pain
                like a bullet to your brain (left arm if you will ).

Upside, inside out she's livin la vida loca
                She'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
                Her lips are devil red and her skin's the color mocha
                She will wear you out livin la vida loca
                Livin la vida loca,
                She's livin la vida loca.

Woke up out Atlantis City in a funky cheap tavern
                She took my heart and she took my money
                she must've slipped me a sleeping pill
                She never drinks the water and makes you order Athosian tea
                Once you've had a taste of her you'll never be the same
                Yeah, she'll make you go insane.

She'll make you take your clothes off and go dancing in the rain.
                She'll make you live her crazy life
                but she'll take away your pain like a bullet to your brain.
                Sigs by me, CazzBlade, Luciana, csom, scifan, sgmajorshipper, x_stargatergirl_x and LJ's glaringcandle
                Save Our Seeker!
                LotS on LJ.

Comment

OMG!!!!!!!
                  Whumper
                  Down!!!!!

The Lost Tribe

Spoiler:
                  DOG TAGS!!!

NEKKID SHEP!!!!!

AND
                  GLASS IN HIS
                  BACK!!!!!!!

Spoiler:

I mean
                  DOG
                  TAGS!!!!!

I need to lie down!
                  ......uuuhhhmmm. Dammit, forgot what I was gonna say. The caps made me lose my train of thought!

Comment

Originally posted by Strey View Post
                    Re TLT -
                    Spoiler:
                    It appears that I am the dissenter here. We just got tossed a friggin' bone, peeps! Yummm and yaayyy for Shep taking pole position in the infirmary, but - for crying out loud - enough with the Keller thing, already. I totally hope JF snags himself a bloody brilliant series that is not only well whumpy but acknowledges the fact that HE IS THE LEADING MAN. Honestly, this is like Harrison Ford being stuffed in the background while Hannah Montana takes center stage. And I'm being VERY generous here.
                    LOL! Love the comparison!! I do agree.....
                    Spoiler:
                    but I'm way too excited that we got some nekkidness to complain about the rest!!

Bebop.....

What a nice pressie you got last night!!

Ok, so I started thinking overnight..... what should have been....
                    Spoiler:
                    when Shep said he had glass in his back as he grunted getting up, we should have seen a huge shard sticking out of his back! Not those tiddly winks imbedded. Something that required stitches people!!!

Sigh. It's good to be back
                    sigpic
                    Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

The Lost Tribe

Spoiler:
                      The only thing I enjoyed about the entire episode was seeing Shep with his shirt off and the first 5 minutes or so, the rest of the episode was utter crap. What a let down after last weeK. I can't even be bothered listing all of the reasons why I hated this pile of drivel.
                      Keller was a big part, Daniel and McKay were turned into some pathetic comedy act that was cringeworthy to watch. The stupid Travellers ship, Ronon's once again turned into a mindless caveman. Teyla got left behind so we had to indure barbie Keller with her quivery whinning voice... gah !!! And Sheppards scenes didn't even impress me...
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lid View Post
                        Oh yeah i,hate to admit it but he's pretty sexy and his character is a good person and that's extra hot.
                        Welcome to the Whump thread!!!

Originally posted by Strey View Post
                        Oh, and BTW - welcome to the Shep whump thread! I've been here all of a month, which doesn't make me a jaded vet quite yet...
                        You might even get a whump kit! I am still awaiting mine. And yet, having the patience of Job, I can totally hang fire until I get my Shep clone so's I can hold him and squish him and keep him for my very own...
                        Oops how did I miss you!! RL has been kicking my .... behind end a lot lately. Here is your Whump Kit and one for Lid! Have fun with them...

Originally posted by bebop View Post
                        Hi peeps!!!

Not looking at pics and not reading spoilies as I don't get to see the ep til later and I want to REALLY enjoy it....and based on the reactions, I think I may enjoy it quite a bit..

Its my birthday today, so I won't be around as we are going out for the day, but I'm pre-squeeing already!!!!!!!!!!!!...

Later.....*waves to peeps*

Haven't seen the ep yet! Hopefully will tonight. After a day of fun and frolic at the Ren Faire. Only 3 weeks left to have fun there. **sigh**

I'm glad to see all the excitement, but it seems mixed with something else. Hmm. Can't wait to see what that is all about!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lorr View Post
                          TLT
                          Spoiler:
                          Did anyone notice how he has nice, broad shoulders? Sigh

Well, I am off in search of chocolate.
                          I did notice.

OMG!!!!!!!
                          Whumper
                          Down!!!!!

The Lost Tribe

Spoiler:
                          DOG TAGS!!!

NEKKID SHEP!!!!!

AND
                          GLASS IN HIS
                          BACK!!!!!!!

Spoiler:

I mean
                          DOG
                          TAGS!!!!!

I need to lie down!
                          I feel the same exact way.

I rather like gratuitous on occasion!

Um, I spent the whole episode thinking about the same things. I was totally gobsmacked. I still can't believe it! I got one thing I wanted, no, not what Peg wanted, the other thing! :
                          I'd like to think that they did that special for the whumpers.

I was re-intubated while awake, but I didn't even gag because of the muscle relaxant. Not nice really. So you have my sympathy here!
                          Yikes you poor thing. At least you didn't feel it.

Originally posted by SanGate View Post
                          Linzi, because of you I want to see TLT NOW!!!! And I can't I didn't dare quote your squee post though. I'm pretty sure I would have 'forgotten' to squint my eyes at the spoilery parts

Well, some pre-squee for those who haven't seen it yet
                          Pic spoiler for TLT

Spoiler:
                          I don't think you would have been able to squint looking at Linzi's post.

Happy Birthday Bebop!!!!!
                          Last edited by sherryw; 11 October 2008, 06:25 AM.
                          sigpic

Rotating SIGs by Pegasus_SGA
                          &
                          AVI by *ERIKA*

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                            A totally gratuitious video clip from LOST TRIBE where Sheppard is being
                            Spoiler:
                            treated in the infirmary
                            , but really, no spoilers if you saw last week's episode.

http://wraithfodder.livejournal.com/253259.html
                            Thanks for the link look forward to seeing the ep now

WELCOME TO THE WHUMP LID

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEBOP!!!!!
                            sigpic
                            Sig by me my LJ - the place to find some of my artwork and fics - My Stargate vids

Comment

TLT:

Well, let's see...

Spoiler:
                              Let's get the on-topic stuff done first, shall we? I'll join everyone else in squeeing about topless Shep with dog tags - though I did have to avert my eyes from the scene with the glass fragments, since I'm horribly squeamish in real life, and prefer injuries to be shown at a distance. More even than that, though, I think I liked the scene when they found him in the explosion. I loved how he'd protected Zelenka, and how he seemed a bit confused and dazed as he struggled to his feet. I do wish that he'd shown some signs of pain in the rest of the episode, though.

Also, why on earth do they bother wearing those tac vests, since they do no good whatsoever. Things seem to go through them as if they're thin silk. (*pauses to imagine Shep in thin silk* Ahem. Where was I...?) The "how do I get rid of the tac vest in order to wound Shep in the place I want to wound him?" dilemma is one of my recurring writing nightmares, and I've spent hours on the issue. Shame I can't do what the show's writers do, and ignore it whenever they want to.

Overall... Well, I've never been a huge fan of the big two-parters with casts of thousands, and lots of space battles. Even though the stakes are usually raised, somehow the writers never quite manage to engage my emotions in the way that they sometimes do with stories about much smaller, more personal perils. Except for The Storm/The Eye, Search and Rescue, and, to a lesser extent, The Lost Boys/The Hive, the two-parters are generally among the episodes that engage me least.

However, I did enjoy this one rather more than I'd expected. I felt the urgency and the powerlessness, and the fanfic wheels are already beginning to turn in a very preliminary fashion when I think about all those places out there that might no longer have Stargates, and who are suddenly cut off, and reeling from a devastating explosion. The device was functional for a good while, and one would expect that many settled worlds would have used their Gate in that time. I do hope the show addresses this in future episodes.

As for some things others have said: I'm no Keller fan (don't hate her, just don't really feel any love for her), but I have to admit that I didn't feel that Keller had any more air time than Carson, say, would have had in a similar episode back in an earlier season. These big two-parters almost always juggle lots of separate plots in a way that means that any individual cast member isn't around for a lot of the time. It was something I noticed way back in The Siege, when watching season one for the first time, when I felt there was hardly any Sheppard.

The absence of Teyla, on the other hand, bothered me more. I'd expected to see a "back on Atlantis, they're facing their own battle" plot line, starring her.

Also, not having watched SG-1 at all and therefore having no particular connection to Daniel, I was very aware that he got the big central plot exposition scene with the Asgard, rather than an actual SGA character. McKay really didn't get much screen time, I felt. The whole Asgard stuff was something that had no real resonance with me at all, what with me not having watched SG-1.

As for how Sheppard talked about Larrin: I didn't see that as school-boyish - or, if it is, I see it as in character school-boyishness. He really is pretty inept at talking about feelings. I love him very much, but grown-up emotional interaction is not one of his strengths - hence him stumbling through his "I'll do anything for any of you" scene, and freezing up like a terrified rabbit when Teyla hugs him.

Comment

Last night when Ruffles, Prion and others where watching the episode and reporting what was happening I was absolutly SHOCK to hear

Spoiler:
                                we got shirtless shep....
                                I never see that coming!!!!!
                                I just though we would had a
                                Spoiler:
                                short whump at the beggining
                                but certainly not this...this was a beatiful present that fall from the sky......

I am so excited yet, i just watch the ep this morning...but i could not connect with the story cause I
                                Spoiler:
                                can't stop thinking what a big miss whumpportunity was it

It is like Pisces27 said
                                Spoiler:
                                THE GATE, the entire floor BLEW UP, but of course it should have been more blood and whump....!!!!

is not that I don't appreciate those
                                Spoiler:
                                shoulders scenewooow but....well after that i really need son fan fic.

For the rest of the ep...mmm i
                                Spoiler:
                                hardly notice...mmm...I truly liked the daniel and rodney scenes....specially when they find the suits. (Hewlett was great).
                                And i had not problem with
                                Spoiler:
                                Keller's role, as a matter of fact I think she does a good job.... of course I would have like MUCH MORE shep and less everyone else.

The trevelers's ship it
                                Spoiler:
                                just depress me....is offesive for Zelenka to coperate with them....

At the end I stay with
                                Spoiler:
                                those shoulders and the fan fic possibilities for whumping shep after the explosion.....that is all.

Comment

Working...
                                X