John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
    Roo - the best of luck with your interview for college. I've been through that this year with my son, who applied for Oxford university! I wanted to do his interviews for him! Not that I'd have got in though! But it's awful watching people you love go through it all. Best of luck. Be yourself, know your stuff and everything else will be good! My fingers are crossed for you. Go for it, girl!

Edit: He got offered a place.
    Ooooh congrats to him Linz.. getting offered a place at Oxford is a real achievement!
    sigpic

Comment

I've given up on the comm update for tonight, I wasn't getting anywhere, my day started off so promisingly but has just gone downhill from there on out and I'm feeling really quite depressed now. Why does life have to be so stressful?

Comment

Awwww sorry to hear that Josie. *hugs*

We all have our off days - here's hoping tomorrow will be a better day.
        sigpic

Comment

Usually I don't go in many other threads, but I got curious about the one "Does anyone else hate Sheppard's hair?" I laughed so much that hubby gave me "The Look" that means "knock it off already".

For the record......I happen to LOVE Sheppard's hair.

Off I go!

IHS
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks everyone for the good luck!

Originally posted by caty View Post
            Congrats on that Roo!!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

I just did my telephone interview I told you guys about last week. I think it went pretty well, but I'll know for certain if I got the internship early next week... I'm so happy it's over with, though...
            I only stuttered like once
            good to hear that went well......hope you get it!!

Roo - the best of luck with your interview for college. I've been through that this year with my son, who applied for Oxford university! I wanted to do his interviews for him! Not that I'd have got in though! But it's awful watching people you love go through it all. Best of luck. Be yourself, know your stuff and everything else will be good! My fingers are crossed for you. Go for it, girl!

ooh congrats to him!!
            thanks!
            its just so weird because ive already been to uni....and to do the whole process again..........very weird!

SIG BY MY SISTER OBSESSED1! WHEN SHEP GOES WHUMP I GO THUNK! My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by iheartshep View Post
              Usually I don't go in many other threads, but I got curious about the one "Does anyone else hate Sheppard's hair?" I laughed so much that hubby gave me "The Look" that means "knock it off already".

Off I go!

IHS
              i dont know how anyone can hate shep's hair!! his hair is the best in the world!!!!!!!

SIG BY MY SISTER OBSESSED1! WHEN SHEP GOES WHUMP I GO THUNK! My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                Keeping everything crossed for you too Roo!

Sounds like it went well - glad to hear it hon! Here's hoping for good news next week!
                Thanks, Ali! Your advice sure helped A LOT!!! mental green for you! *luvs*

Wow, Linzi! I bet you're a very proud mom!

Off I go!

IHS
                Have you noticed how much it just turned into a "I love Shep's hair and don't change it"-thread, though?

Except for Linzi, that traitor!
                *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

Awwww.. glad I could help hon!

Ooooh my new mouse is all fabby.. it's very quick and smooth!

I have my PC back, yay!

Which is not to say I don't love being able to veg on the sofa with the TV *and* the laptop..
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                    Ooooh congrats to him Linz.. getting offered a place at Oxford is a real achievement!
                    Thanks, hon. He's a modest young man, so he was surprised!
                    Originally posted by Rootortoise View Post
                    Thanks everyone for the good luck!

good to hear that went well......hope you get it!!

ooh congrats to him!!
                    thanks!
                    its just so weird because ive already been to uni....and to do the whole process again..........very weird!
                    You'll be fine. You're older and know what you want. You'll be focused and a model student!

Wow, Linzi! I bet you're a very proud mom!
                    I can't take any credit. He certainly doesn't get his brains from me, thank goodness!

Have you noticed how much it just turned into a "I love Shep's hair and don't change it"-thread, though?

Except for Linzi, that traitor!

Ahem, waves hands around in a Jedi master way:

"These are not the mildly negative remarks you are looking for... "

I have no idea what you're talking about...and I'm sure you don't either...

"These are not the mildly negative remarks you are looking for "
                    sigpic

Comment

Off I go!

IHS
                      There's a thread that hates teh hair?????????? Do people have nothing better to gripe about? Amazing.
                      Chicago Con Attendee 2011
                      Chicago Con Attendee 2010
                      GateCon Attendee 2008
                      Vancouver Con Attendee 2007

Comment

Ack. LJ seems to have died! Oh well. Spose I should go to bed really anyway...
                        sigpic

Comment

Fingers crossed for both of you, Roo and Caty!

Linzi, big congrats for your son! that is so cool

Originally posted by pisces27 View Post
                          There's a thread that hates teh hair?????????? Do people have nothing better to gripe about? Amazing.
                          There was another
                          Spoiler:
                          carrying on about the tie Shep wore to the funeral!

I was actually thinking about the suit and tie. Someone may have already said this, but I was wondering if maybe the suit might not fit perfectly and it was an out-of-date power tie because Shep hadn't worn them since before he went to Antarctica. Don't know if wardrobe would have considered that.

I got a new printer, with copier and scanner, Ali. I set it up a week ago and love it already.

An OT question for the English whumpers...
                          Spoiler:
                          I have a friend who is looking for a decent, not-too-expensive hotel in London. She and her hubby will be there for a couple of days in April. Does anyone have any suggestions? Ta!

Comment

*waves* Hi whumpers. Hope everyone is well today.

Originally posted by Rootortoise View Post
                            sadly its not unbelievable! doesnt surprise me in the least! blooody people, shep is the frickin lead, treat him like it!

where is everyone today? been quiet since that announcement!

last night i watched outcast (YES AGAIN) 38 mins, conversion, TDO and the whumpy bits of DG, TR, suspicion and siege part 1 (god i love that stunning! he looks sooo vunerable and woozy )

its so weird when you watch the older eps with bates, kav, weir, carson and ford....crazy how much the show has changed! it feels different, and shep and mckay and everyone look different too....sheps voice seems higher! lol

oh and OT
                            Spoiler:
                            just got a letter from oxford brookes, where i want to do my childrens nursing and ive got an interview next week!! eeek!
                            Roo I wish the best of luck on your interview. I bet you will knock them dead.

Congrats on that Roo!!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

I just did my telephone interview I told you guys about last week. I think it went pretty well, but I'll know for certain if I got the internship early next week... I'm so happy it's over with, though...
                            I only stuttered like once

Sounds like my life, Josie
                            Caty I wish you the best of luck also.

Linzi that's amazing I'm so happy for your son. That really is quite an achievement. Congrats to him and to you!!!
                            sigpic

Rotating SIGs by Pegasus_SGA
                            &
                            AVI by *ERIKA*

Comment

Originally posted by Lorr View Post
                              Fingers crossed for both of you, Roo and Caty!

Linzi, big congrats for your son! that is so cool

There was another
                              Spoiler:
                              carrying on about the tie Shep wore to the funeral!

I was actually thinking about the suit and tie. Someone may have already said this, but I was wondering if maybe the suit might not fit perfectly and it was an out-of-date power tie because Shep hadn't worn them since before he went to Antarctica. Don't know if wardrobe would have considered that.
                              I actually loved his suit and tie... Why does everybody say it was ill-fitting? I don't get that, I could see nothing wrong with it
                              *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

I actually loved his suit and tie... Why does everybody say it was ill-fitting? I don't get that, I could see nothing wrong with it
                                *ducks* I've only watched it once, so I'm going to have to go and check out the tie again.
                                sigpic

Rotating SIGs by Pegasus_SGA
                                &
                                AVI by *ERIKA*

Comment

Working...
                                X