X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Josie View Post
    Possibly maybe major The Last Man spoilers:
    Spoiler:
    Well everyone is going to die what with the 10,000 years going by and it looks like a lot of the episode is going to be told in flashback form showing what happened to everyone after Sheppard goes missing, we know that we'll see Lorne, Zelenka, Jeannie, Larrin and Michael among others. So there is plenty of scope for mucho emo-whumpage in the scenario alone and the scenes between holo-McKay and Shep have the potential to be very moving.

I've also read talk that...
    Spoiler:
    ...something catastrophic happens - though that's just rumour and I can find no source for it - but the general gist of this rumour is that Sheppard may not only be stuck 10,000 years in the future but that the human race has been destroyed and he is the only human left - hence "The Last Man". It worries me that this will be the "big reveal" at the end and now I'm spoiled for it but I'm hoping for something else, like I said this is really just a rumour and I can't find where it came from.
    With any luck Joe M is sitting reading this and laughing about how wrong I am.
    Really nothing stupid about it... I think I've heard something about that rumour myself and pretty much even I drew that kind of conclusion... so you are hardly alone to think such a thought on a rumour like that...

Sure we may not be right,, or we might have a part of it right,,who knows..but that's why it's called speculation
    sigpic
    Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Spoiler:
      Well everyone is going to die what with the 10,000 years going by and it looks like a lot of the episode is going to be told in flashback form showing what happened to everyone after Sheppard goes missing, we know that we'll see Lorne, Zelenka, Jeannie, Larrin and Michael among others. So there is plenty of scope for mucho emo-whumpage in the scenario alone and the scenes between holo-McKay and Shep have the potential to be very moving.

Spoiler:
      ...something catastrophic happens - though that's just rumour and I can find no source for it - but the general gist of this rumour is that Sheppard may not only be stuck 10,000 years in the future but that the human race has been destroyed and he is the only human left - hence "The Last Man". It worries me that this will be the "big reveal" at the end and now I'm spoiled for it but I'm hoping for something else, like I said this is really just a rumour and I can't find where it came from.
      Oh, I hadn't heard that. Sniff... Me likes! Hehe! I can't wait for this episode! Still, Outcast first! Squeeeeee! JM may well be there thinking: 'Crap! Those there whumpers are smarter than I thought!' Though I have no doubt he laughs at me all the time! He wouldn't be the only one doing that, either!
      sigpic

Comment

Hi everyone, I haven't been around much these last few days what with GW's problems, RL, and kitty still feeling under the weather. (The trip to the vet hasn't improved things much but I guess we'll have to get it time.)

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
        I totally agree.
        I not so sure Linzi.
        Spoiler:
        Caldwell would make a good leader but he can be overbearing sometimes. I think he and Shep would spend most of the time disagreeing. While some friction is great, I wouldn't want to see it all the time. And I agree about the leather.

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
        Uh-oh! I have only been here a week and I need to make a confession that will probably get me thrown out...I am not faithful to our dear John. I never would have watched SGA had I not gotten so obsessed with SG-1. And I wouldn't have loved SG-1 had I not fallen so hard for Daniel (I am an even bigger Danny-whumper!). While I wouldn't want any more SG-1 to become regulars on SGA, I LOVE the guest spots! RDA was fantastic last year, and my biggest hope for S5 is an appearance by Daniel. I take issue with anyone that calls my true love a 'reject'! (Kidding, of course....or AM I? )
        Spoiler:
        I understand your desire to see Daniel on SGA, Crichiel, but I'm sorry I wouldn't like him there all the time. A guest appearance would be fine but that's it.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
        If you're right about that Josie it's going to be one fantastic episode.

Here's my take on the big announcement.

Spoiler:
        As we now know Carter won't be in SGA much next season which leaves us wondering who will replace her? To tell you the truth, I haven't got a clue. As long as it's not anyone from SG-1, I'll be okay with it.

I also think that Carson will be back. And like some of you, I'm no great fan of Keller either. So if she had a reduced role that would be fine by me.

As for that female tech. I don't know if any of you realize this but the same actress played the replicator tech in Lifeline. Coincidence or not?? Is she a replicator planted on Atlantis by replicator Elizabeth???

Welcome to the Whump thread aboleyn24 and Crichiel!

And congrats to milestoners pocus on 5500, Linzi on 16500, and Prion on 11000.

Time to get some lunch but before I go I need to do a big.
        Spoiler:
        SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! For OUTCAST DAY!!
        sigpic

Comment

Oh, I hadn't heard that. Sniff... Me likes! Hehe! I can't wait for this episode! Still, Outcast first! Squeeeeee! JM may well be there thinking: 'Crap! Those there whumpers are smarter than I thought!' Though I have no doubt he laughs at me all the time! He wouldn't be the only one doing that, either!
          If we put a smile on his face from time to time I don't mind - I'm used to ridicule and I'm sure there are far worse people than us on the board, in fact I know there are.

Comment

Originally posted by Astraldust View Post
            I not so sure Linzi.
            Spoiler:
            Caldwell would make a good leader but he can be overbearing sometimes. I think he and Shep would spend most of the time disagreeing. While some friction is great, I wouldn't want to see it all the time. And I agree about the leather.
            Ditto! That's what i tried to say, just badly

Spoiler:
            I understand your desire to see Daniel on SGA, Crichiel, but I'm sorry I wouldn't like him there all the time. A guest appearance would be fine but that's it.
            And ditto again!
            The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd

l My LJ l

Comment

Good Morning Whumpers!!!

WHOOHOOO!!!! IT's OUTCAST DAY!!!!!

Just over 14 hours to wait. GR!! Too Long!!! Good thing I gotta work most of the day. It'll pass the time.

Why does everyone have cool dreams except me?

GG it's those custard filled long john's, isn't it?
              Um....maybe......

Well, I think I've heard just about everything.

Ok, don't be embarrassed, because I'm wrong all the time!

Okay, here's what I've guessed so far, and it does sound emo whumpy:

Spoiler:
              Shep goes on a mission and doesn't come back - ever. McKay spends his life trying to figure out what has happened to Shep. It becomes his driving force. He obviously finds out in the end, and records a hologram message where he tells Shep what has happened to everyone else - how the rest of the team's lives have played out. Meanwhile, Shep is stuck on a sand ridden Atlantis with no prospect of getting home - after all, he's 10,000 years in the future. I wonder if old McKay dies in this, or at least all the characters do? Well, that's all I've got so far!
              Wow! that sounds fantastic!so much for me staying spoiler free.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
              Whoa!! That would be very cool!! Right or wrong, this sounds like its going to actually be a great season ender for once.
              sigpic

Comment

Hi everyone, I haven't been around much these last few days what with GW's problems, RL, and kitty still feeling under the weather. (The trip to the vet hasn't improved things much but I guess we'll have to get it time.)

I not so sure Linzi.
                Spoiler:
                I'm sorry kitty isn't better yet. Here's hoping there's improvement soon.

I do see what you mean about Caldwell.
                Spoiler:
                He is overbearing and officious. But, if he were to temporarily take command then seeing Shep thrown off balance could work well for me, though, to be honest, I really am not sure that Caldwell/ MP will be involved in the casting news at all. Maybe Carter's absence just won't be explained? Yep. The leather?

Spoiler:
                Ditto. I can live with a guest appearance, any more just wouldn't sit well with me, I'm afraid.

If you're right about that Josie it's going to be one fantastic episode.

Here's my take on the big announcement.

Spoiler:
                As we now know Carter won't be in SGA much next season which leaves us wondering who will replace her? To tell you the truth, I haven't got a clue. As long as it's not anyone from SG-1, I'll be okay with it.

I also think that Carson will be back. And like some of you, I'm no great fan of Keller either. So if she had a reduced role that would be fine by me.

As for that female tech. I don't know if any of you realize this but the same actress played the replicator tech in Lifeline. Coincidence or not?? Is she a replicator planted on Atlantis by replicator Elizabeth???
                Well, I've been thinking that the casting announcement could say that
                Spoiler:
                Keller will be regular now! I don't know why I say that, but I've just had that feeling for ages and I could well be totally wrong here. I think obviously the announcement will concern AT and also PM. I think he'll be back as recurring. Definitely not as regular though. Maybe 5 episodes?

Originally posted by Astraldust;7651219
                [COLOR="Red"
                Welcome to the Whump thread aboleyn24 and Crichiel!

And congrats to milestoners pocus on 5500, Linzi on 16500, and Prion on 11000.

[/COLOR]

Time to get some lunch but before I go I need to do a big.
                Spoiler:
                SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! For OUTCAST DAY!!
                Thanks for the congrats! Thanks to the other kind whumpers who've congratulated me too! I'm so excited about Outcast!
                If we put a smile on his face from time to time I don't mind - I'm used to ridicule and I'm sure there are far worse people than us on the board, in fact I know there are.
                Well Josie, if we entertain folks then at least we're doing a public service! I have no problem with being an object of ridicule or mirth, even if it is unintentional on my part! We have to have a bit of fun, don't we?
                Originally posted by Squonk View Post
                Ditto! That's what i tried to say, just badly

And ditto again!

I do see what you mean. And the thought of Caldwell
                Spoiler:
                in leather really makes me feel a little weird! But, he could be annoying, but I did like the angst Shep suffered when he was around. I suppose I just like seeing Shep suffer!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
                  Good Morning Whumpers!!!

WHOOHOOO!!!! IT's OUTCAST DAY!!!!!

Just over 14 hours to wait. GR!! Too Long!!! Good thing I gotta work most of the day. It'll pass the time.

Um....maybe......

Wow! that sounds fantastic!so much for me staying spoiler free.

Whoa!! That would be very cool!! Right or wrong, this sounds like its going to actually be a great season ender for once.
                  Well, yep. I was supposed to be staying spoiler free too. Oh well, TLM does sound awesome and a little different, which has to be good, right?
                  sigpic

Comment

I think...
                    Spoiler:
                    ...Caldwell has mellowed somewhat, he and Shep seem to have a lot of respect for one another these days and get along okay. But this is all pointless speculation really, I don't think that we'll have anything like that announced. I always assumed they were waiting for an episode to air before issuing the press release - I guess I kind of figured they werre going to wait until after The Kindred assuming PMcG is coming back. But I can't imagine that Outcast would make any difference - unless they are going to have Kari Wuhrer as a recurring character but that would hardly be press release worthy and I can't imagine they'd do that anyway.

I guess we'll find out on Monday.

Comment

I think...
                      Spoiler:
                      ...Caldwell has mellowed somewhat, he and Shep seem to have a lot of respect for one another these days and get along okay. But this is all pointless speculation really, I don't think that we'll have anything like that announced. I always assumed they were waiting for an episode to air before issuing the press release - I guess I kind of figured they werre going to wait until after The Kindred assuming PMcG is coming back. But I can't imagine that Outcast would make any difference - unless they are going to have Kari Wuhrer as a recurring character but that would hardly be press release worthy and I can't imagine they'd do that anyway.

I guess we'll find out on Monday.
                      Indeed.
                      sigpic

Comment

This is from a few online newspapers for OUTCAST tonight

"Sheppard finds a diversion from his grief on "Stargate: Atlantis" (10 p.m., Sci Fi)."

Emotional whump!

Comment

prion congrats on 11000 posts!!!
                          sigpic
                          Sigs by Scifan

Comment

12 and half hours until Outcast. No I am not excited. No not at all.

Yes I am a terrible liar.

Comment

Originally posted by aboleyn24 View Post
                              12 and half hours until Outcast. No I am not excited. No not at all.

Yes I am a terrible liar.
                              Hey Aboleyn!! Hope you aren't getting too much bad weather in your area. Are you in the Snow section of PA or the wintry icy mix? That is where I am. Slick roads made for a fun trip in to work.

Shep sliding on ice.....sigh! That thought makes the bad weather worth it!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                                Hey Aboleyn!! Hope you aren't getting too much bad weather in your area. Are you in the Snow section of PA or the wintry icy mix? That is where I am. Slick roads made for a fun trip in to work.

Shep sliding on ice.....sigh! That thought makes the bad weather worth it!
                                That would be the only thing ...*lol*
                                I hate this weather we are having here at the moment... it rolls in storm after storm here now...it never hardly let's up for hardly a day and then the next rolls in...I went to bed last night and suddenly woke up for a thunder blast and look out and the damn storm brought snow too... yuck...isn't it spring yet...
                                sigpic
                                Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Working...
                                X