No announcement yet.

John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible NOT to use spoiler tags for pictures that aren't spoilerish, or don't contain REAL spoilers, etc.? This thread has so many spoiler tags now that it's getting impossible to read everything due cuz of constantly opening spoiler tags. Of course, if someone knows how to do a global 'open all spoiler tags,' I'd use that if it were available.

Oh, SGA marathon just started (8am) on Skiffy.... tape is running!

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
      Oh I dunno... for the most part I think we are basing our belief that Joe doesn't like physical whump on the Season 1 Episode Guide? I know in that it was clear that Joe didn't enjoy filming 38 Minutes but I think that was more about the discomfort of lying on the floor of the jumper for several days! And obviously he was new to sci-fi and says himself that he was convinced this (the plastic bug and all) was gonna look ridiculous). I think it was there also that he made his comment about not being a fan of the whole wounded soldier type thing?
      JF made no bones about how much he disliked having to lie on the jumper floor for something like a whole week, but yeah, there was a remark somewhere about the wounded soldier thing, but on TV, that makes great drama, unless you're lying in a coma

Comment

Originally posted by Sheppard's Delight View Post
        I kind of agree- if it
        Spoiler:
        gives us an insight into Shep that we have never had before and he is really emotional about something then I think it will be okay even if it is the failed marriage and about someone we dont know. I mean M&MM was emotional at the end.
        It's funny but most of you are saying that
        Spoiler:
        you have no interest in seeing an episode with Shep's ex because you can't emotional about a character we've never met before - yet most of you want to see an episode featuring Shep's father who we've never met before. And like SD has said look how well M&MM turned out, a lot of it is all down to casting if the casting is good you can care about a character right from the off.

But right now we really have no idea what this ep is about it could be anything, and JM is probably sitting in his office surrounded by hs books and action figures laughing his head off at all this speculation, so I'm quite happy to sit back and squee at the idea of a nice angsty emotional whumping. What happened to in Joe we trust?

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
          Is it possible NOT to use spoiler tags for pictures that aren't spoilerish, or don't contain REAL spoilers, etc.? This thread has so many spoiler tags now that it's getting impossible to read everything due cuz of constantly opening spoiler tags. Of course, if someone knows how to do a global 'open all spoiler tags,' I'd use that if it were available.

Oh, SGA marathon just started (8am) on Skiffy.... tape is running!
          I think the only time we use spoiler tags for pics that aren't spoilery is a) if they are very big and would stretch the forum or b) sometimes because we feel sorry for our hardcore spoiler-free gang and want them to have a tag they can click on!

Spoiler-tagging is a fact of life on the forums - especially atm with the second half of season 3 still not having aired in the US - and I'd rather we over-tag than risk spoiling someone who doesn't want to be spoiled....
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by caty View Post
            Yeah, for some reason I can't get excited over the prospect
            Spoiler:
            of having a past episode dealing with his failed marriage.. Could be because I still think we need to know more about what made Sheppard the man that he is with the abandonment issues and the leave noone behind attitude...
            He did sound somehwat detached when he was talking about the marriage, too.
            I just think there's things that need to be adressed that are more important.

An episode dealing with anything that happened in Atlantis is bound to be very angsty, too... So, I really can't decide... Just don't want to go the marriage road...

EDIT: GG, are you in my brain again??
            Yeah probably..cause I'm not in mine at he moment.

JF made no bones about how much he disliked having to lie on the jumper floor for something like a whole week, but yeah, there was a remark somewhere about the wounded soldier thing, but on TV, that makes great drama, unless you're lying in a coma

I wouldn't like filming in the jumpers either. Especially if I had to sit on those hard floors for ohurs on end day after day. But didn't they overhaul the jumper since S1? I thought they made it bigger and I know the on the starboard side has all removeable parts for easier filming.

Anyways, JF can do the wounded soldier thing and do it so well that in my opinion he actually strengthens his character. That alone makes great drama. Something tells me that JF were to be in a coma he could make that incredible drama too...but I might be a tad biased.
            sigpic

Comment

I think the only time we use spoiler tags for pics that aren't spoilery is a) if they are very big and would stretch the forum or b) sometimes because we feel sorry for our hardcore spoiler-free gang and want them to have a tag they can click on!

Spoiler-tagging is a fact of life on the forums - especially atm with the second half of season 3 still not having aired in the US - and I'd rather we over-tag than risk spoiling someone who doesn't want to be spoiled....

Those of us who don't want to be spoiled greatly appreciate the lengths the whumpers ahve gone too to keep us that way. ((HUGS)) to the Whumpers.
              sigpic

Comment

That is a point has all of S2 been shown in syndication now? I know that we have been posting pics for a while now but it is nice to know that we are legal!

Comment

Originally posted by Josie View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  you have no interest in seeing an episode with Shep's ex because you can't emotional about a character we've never met before - yet most of you want to see an episode featuring Shep's father who we've never met before. And like SD has said look how well M&MM turned out, a lot of it is all down to casting if the casting is good you can care about a character right from the off.

But right now we really have no idea what this ep is about it could be anything, and JM is probably sitting in his office surrounded by hs books and action figures laughing his head off at all this speculation, so I'm quite happy to sit back and squee at the idea of a nice angsty emotional whumping. What happened to in Joe we trust?
                  Yes as you can tell I agree
                  Spoiler:
                  I dont think it matters if we know the person or not...good angst is good angst!!!!

Talking of casting maybe JF is trying to get his wife a part...oh no that was DH and his sister

Comment

Yes as you can tell I agree
                    Spoiler:
                    I dont think it matters if we know the person or not...good angst is good angst!!!!

Talking of casting maybe JF is trying to get his wife a part...oh no that was DH and his sister
                    Well, who knos? She used to be an actress
                    *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

Well, who knos? She used to be an actress
                      Maybe....and then when JF gets an invite to P3 he can bring the whole family!

Comment

Yes, but in all the threads I visit, this one seems to be, uh, er, overkill at times(well, okoy, amended - went to a spoiler thread and everybody was sticking stuff in spoiler tags which was, well, patently ridiculous cuz it's a spoiler thread ).

While I know that the second half of season 3 is off-limits and should be spoilered, I've seen people talking about what they'd like to see as whump in a future episode, done as a spoiler tag. I'd rather there be a decent compromise otherwise, perhaps a second whump thread should be established with nothing but spoiler talk...
                        Last edited by prion; 12 April 2007, 05:14 AM.

Comment

Yes, but in all the threads I visit, this one seems to be, uh, er, overkill at times. While I know that the second half of season 3 is off-lilmits and should be spoilered, I've seen people talking about what they'd like to see as whump in a future episode, done as a spoiler tag. I'd rather there be a decent compromise otherwise, perhaps a second whump thread should be established with nothing but spoiler talk...
                          We do tend to be very careful in this thread because we know we have amongst our regular contributors some folks who are wanting to stay spoiler-free for the second half of season 3. Recent discussion of possible future whump etc has been spoilered because it makes reference to/builds on elements originating in those as-yet-unaired Season 3 episodes... for example, speculation about the "very angst Shep episode" referenced in JM's blog has been spoiler-tagged because some of the speculation is about

Spoilers for Sunday:
                          Spoiler:
                          Sheppard's previous marriage - a plot point only revealed in the latter half of season 3 and which spoiler-free folks can reasonably expect to not have spoiled for them.

I'm of the view that it's better safe than sorry. It's really not that much hardship to click on a spoiler tag and better that those of us - like me - who are utter spoiler whores have to click a few tags than somebody's enjoyment of the show be lessened because they were inadvertently spoiled. As it happens, I got spoiled for

Spoilers for Sunday:
                          Spoiler:
                          the marriage revelation
                          by a careless post on the thunk thread before I had gotten to see the episode and it did annoy me somewhat - I'd have liked that to be an interesting revelation as I watched the ep.

I'm happy with the level of tagging we have in here right now - I think it's the fairest way for all concerned. What we probably should make more effort to do in here though is clearly label what our spoiler tags are spoilering so people know what's safe to click for them and what isn't.
                          sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                            you have no interest in seeing an episode with Shep's ex because you can't emotional about a character we've never met before - yet most of you want to see an episode featuring Shep's father who we've never met before. And like SD has said look how well M&MM turned out, a lot of it is all down to casting if the casting is good you can care about a character right from the off

Sure it can be possible to care for a character straight away but for me it would still be better to have it involve someone we already know. But its all just speculation and I am also looking forward to getting good angst from Shep in any form.

Spoiler:
                            Well thats all we can do now is speculate but Joe did have great hopes for Epiphany, and that didnt really turn out as expected. I just look forward to some emotional scenes from Shep that will possible reveal what is behind those emotional barriers of his, and what caused him to erect them in the first place.
                            sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I don't think we'll get much either... But
                              Spoiler:
                              'beaten' just screams for cuts and bruises
                              It certainly does!
                              Well, based on the spoilers I've seen.. I hope we at least get
                              Spoiler:
                              some bruises/scrapes/cuts to Sheppard's face!
                              Me too!
                              I think Travelers will
                              Spoiler:
                              have enough whump to tide us over until Doppelganger, we might well be pleasantly surprised, and I'm hoping for lots of little mini-whumps throughout the season. I also get the impression that the whole season is going to have it's angsty moments.
                              Indeed
                              I think that you are right Josie.

I dont know what I prefer spread out mini whumps or one big mighty whump.

I would like to think that we will get one ep that will end up in our top five all time whump eps!
                              Can't I have both? One or two massive whumps, with a little sprinkling throughout the season? Sounds fair to me

Originally posted by bebop View Post
                              Phew, just in time....
                              Spoiler:
                              Worth a repost...sigh
                              If they don't it's not for want of trying on our part.
                              No kidding. Poor JM!

Yeah, I'm starting to feel a bit sorry for JM.. his poor little blog is being swamped with requests for whumped and/or sweaty/nekkid Shep!
                              That sounds a perfectly reasonable thing to me!
                              Originally posted by Astraldust View Post
                              Good one bebop. It would be nice to see such a scene but I'm not getting my hopes up too high.

JM's blog had me squeeeeeing this morning. Firstly for the thunkingly good pic of Joe and then the fact that S4 is going to have another angsty Shep episode. If the season turns out to be as good as it sounds then there are going to be some very happy SGA fans around.
                              Hertfordshire awoke to Linzi squeeing this morning. Season 4 does sound wonderful, and intriguing too. I'm dying to see the Sheppard whump and character stuff anyway, but am also keen to find out about
                              Spoiler:
                              Beckett and Weir's stories.

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
                              Morning whumpers!!! Still squeeing over Jms blog huh? That pix was great, that comment was great....le sigh.

Well, I prefer both! If I ahd to choose one, give me the one ep. I hate FF through an ep to get to the few minutes of good whump. I'm too lazy.

oh, the price for having a blog.......having to put up with some weirdos and their whump.
                              Weirdos and their whump? Who can you be talking about, GG?
                              You know thinking about it the
                              Spoiler:
                              angsty Shep episode could be Michael/bug related, it seems possible and Joe has said in the past how much he loves working with Connor.
                              It very well could be. I have asked on JM's blog if the eppie is the anticipated backstory stuff, so maybe he'll answer, maybe not.
                              sigpic

Comment

Im baaaack!!

soooo im feeling very squee after catching up on JM's blog with
                                Spoiler:
                                travelers pics squee, pic of joe squee and of course joe pitching an angsty shep story SQUEEEE!!!! oh how i love both joe's!! hehe i cant think what the angsty story could be, i hope its not his wife and i dont think it would be, joe has said he doesnt like the relationship stuff on the show so i doubt he would pitch that...i think the bug arc could be it....erm i dont know there wasnt a lot in the second half i can think of really!!!

as for carson coming back......meh...is it bad that i dont really care? its not like hes back full time as CMO its a couple of eps, i think its quite pathetic how some people have said they'll watch season 4 now just because he's not dead....and sunday was so good, it'll totally ruin the emotional impact of that ep if he's not brought back in a good way, probs in the ways you've suggested on here...what they gonna do bring carson back alive just so after a couple of eps he will leave to go back to earth or something? bit anticlimatic huh?

and weir...4 eps...again, not really bothered about that either, ive accepted shes going and carter's coming now.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE i want season 4 now!!!!!!!

erm think that was it...i did come on yesterday to see what i'd missed on here lol....but i had a great time with O1, really miss her!! she was telling me some story ideas (when she gets around to writing!) ooh theyre good!!

oh and i saw we were all exchanging LJ names and friending peeps....http://rootortoise.livejournal.com/ heres mine if anyones bothered lol, i do update about once in a blue moon though lol!!
                                Last edited by Rootortoise; 12 April 2007, 05:24 AM. Reason: my post went weird!!

SIG BY MY SISTER OBSESSED1! WHEN SHEP GOES WHUMP I GO THUNK! My LJ

Comment

Working...
                                X