Comment

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
      Night Josie...

I'm having problems too with GW...
      me too!! silly thing!!

SIG BY MY SISTER OBSESSED1! WHEN SHEP GOES WHUMP I GO THUNK! My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by bebop View Post
        Just watched a series where a character gets trapped between life and death...what a great premise for a whumpy episode!!!...Sheppy walking the halls of Atlantis trying to get people to see and hear him, whilst his team gather at his bedside...*phew*..
        Yes, but there is one important thing missing - BLOOD!

I'm having trouble with the forum, too.
        *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

Hi Roo! *waves*

How's your sister doing in London?

Comment

Originally posted by caty View Post
            Hi Roo! *waves*

How's your sister doing in London?
            Hi Caty *waves!*

yeh i think shes doing fine, we havent spoken much in the past few days though!

Comment

Originally posted by Rootortoise View Post
              Hi Caty *waves!*

yeh i think shes doing fine, we havent spoken much in the past few days though!
              Having a life sucks, doesn't it?

Hey, I have always wondered what your nickname really means. Care to enlighten us?

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
                Vancouver is happening March 23-25. I leave in 42 days!! SQUEE!!!! Vancouver is the mega expensive con..but getting on the sets and having pictures taken in a PJ is so gonna be worth it.

Creation convention tickets run in price from $369 - $529 USD for the gold package and slightly lesser for the preferred package. Some cons offer day passes, but don't know the prices or availability of those. But you're better off spending the dough and getting gold if you can. Better seats, autographs included plus a few other perks.
                Thanks for all this info, GG. I'll certainly help me for next year. It's all writen down in my notebook. I'll start saving now. I thought it was more expensive actually. I don't think I could go this year anymore. I have another travel planned for the end of the month and so I'm not capitalized enough for another trip so soon. The plane ticket is the truely expensive part actually. More then $1700 to get to Vancouver. Wow. I'm glad you're going then you call tell the goodies, right?
                Awesome sig made by *E*K*R*. Thanks!!!!!

Comment

Having a life sucks, doesn't it?

Hey, I have always wondered what your nickname really means. Care to enlighten us?
                  yes it does!
                  ok my name....err well Roo comes from winnie the pooh, when i was at school all my friends had nicknames named after winnie, and i got Roo because Roo is small and cute like i am
                  Tortoise is also a sorta nickname affectionately given to me by my best mate who used to say i looked like a tortoise when i had my school backpack on!! hehe and then my mother combined the two together all those many years ago when i first set up my yahoo email account and francesca, frankie etc were all taken!! hehe
                  so there ya go!! very interesting huh

stupid forum!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rootortoise View Post
                    yes it does!
                    ok my name....err well Roo comes from winnie the pooh, when i was at school all my friends had nicknames named after winnie, and i got Roo because Roo is small and cute like i am
                    Tortoise is also a sorta nickname affectionately given to me by my best mate who used to say i looked like a tortoise when i had my school backpack on!! hehe and then my mother combined the two together all those many years ago when i first set up my yahoo email account and francesca, frankie etc were all taken!! hehe
                    so there ya go!! very interesting huh

stupid forum!!
                    Oh, so it has a realy story... That's cute... You looking like a tortoise with your backpack on

Yes, the forum keeps dying...

Comment

Oh, so it has a realy story... That's cute... You looking like a tortoise with your backpack on

Yes, the forum keeps dying...
                      yep heheh very cute story!!!

if the forum dies again ill scream its soooo annoying! although i was just rewatching vengeance...it makes me wanna watch 38 minutes and conversion for sheppy whumpy and shep and bugs which we didnt really get in this ep
                      Spoiler:
                      although shep was a bit freaked out by the bugs, just wanted a bit more than "i hate those bugs
                      think i might watch them in a mo!!

Comment

Well, I'm glad it's not just me with the site. It's been weird for days.

That was a great pic, Sheppy D, even though you did blank yourself out. Good to see you and Bluealien had fun at P2. If Joe goes next year, i will try to get there. Sounds like heaps of fun. And, there should be some good airfare deals for this time of year.

Roo, love the sotry about your name! Mine is a nickname given to me by a friend who died many years ago. I use it with fond memories of this person.

Anyone writing a script can officially time stamp it by registering it in the Screen Writers' Guild archive. It's easy and costs only about $20 for five years. You don't need to be a member. Good way to protect your work.

Comment

Originally posted by Elinor View Post
                          Hope you'll still come here and whump with us Parisindy and that somehow you'll get your squee back as well.

thank you ((hugs))
                          Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                          ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                          Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

A LOT OFF TOPIC , but perhaps interesting info on the life of this crazy poster that you're reading right now.

Originally posted by prion View Post
                            If you wish to submit a script, get an agent. Studios don't accept unsolicited scripts. They will either reject it or steal it (yes, this has happened with studios, usually ending up in settlements or big lawsuits). You need the agent to protect YOUR work and to get in the front door. Alas, have no idea how to get one.
                            First you need to register your work with a writer's guild to have some insurance that you can prove your work is your work and you came up with it first, then you start submiting it or you'll really get stollen.

Usually shows with the number of episodes that SGA has per season (20) has to hire at least two free lancer stories per season or interview free lancer writers for unassigned stories. Perhaps not well explained enough, but I informed myself. I'm really getting serious with my craziness.

You don't necessarilly need an agent to sell your first work. I don't have one and I'm doing my own negotiation with the publisher for my first story (book non SG related and not even in English, if it gets translated it'll be a plus and a show of sellings success and my success. I can live in hope.), but I had my back covered to protect myself of course.

It's a lot of work and painfull long meetings and being a pain in the a** and knocking shamelessly on everybody's door and that sort of stress, actually that's what I've been doing from Monday till yesterday and the reason I haven't showed up on GW much this week, but you usually always sell your first works by yourself. Later you can get an agent or not depending on how things go for you or how you feel about it. Persistance is the word if you decide to dedicate your life to any artistic work. It's never easy, but if you persist you can get it. If you want an agent you can usually choose one from a list of agents compiled by the guild you're a part of.

Sorry for this, guys. Don't feel like this or this

ON TOPIC
                            Shep needs to be whumped way much more than he is currently or TPTB must come up with an explanation to that not happening fast.
                            Awesome sig made by *E*K*R*. Thanks!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lorr View Post
                              Well, I'm glad it's not just me with the site. It's been weird for days.

That was a great pic, Sheppy D, even though you did blank yourself out. Good to see you and Bluealien had fun at P2. If Joe goes next year, i will try to get there. Sounds like heaps of fun. And, there should be some good airfare deals for this time of year.

Roo, love the sotry about your name! Mine is a nickname given to me by a friend who died many years ago. I use it with fond memories of this person.

Anyone writing a script can officially time stamp it by registering it in the Screen Writers' Guild archive. It's easy and costs only about $20 for five years. You don't need to be a member. Good way to protect your work.
                              aww thats sweet Lorr! yeh i always look fondly on my name too because theyre names given to me by my friends and my best friend! not that anyone in RL actually calls me Roo heh its usually frankie.....never by francesca my real name...guess people like shortening my name in real life too!! and my mother has several affectionate names for me too!!

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantean_Fan View Post
                                A LOT OFF TOPIC , but perhaps interesting info on the life of this crazy poster that you're reading right now.

First you need to register your work with a writer's guild to have some insurance that you can prove your work is your work and you came up with it first, then you start submiting it or you'll really get stollen.

Usually shows with the number of episodes that SGA has per season (20) has to hire at least two free lancer stories per season or interview free lancer writers for unassigned stories. Perhaps not well explained enough, but I informed myself. I'm really getting serious with my craziness.

You don't necessarilly need an agent to sell your first work. I don't have one and I'm doing my own negotiation with the publisher for my first story (book non SG related and not even in English, if it gets translated it'll be a plus and a show of sellings success and my success. I can live in hope.), but I had my back covered to protect myself of course.

It's a lot of work and painfull long meetings and being a pain in the a** and knocking shamelessly on everybody's door and that sort of stress, actually that's what I've been doing from Monday till yesterday and the reason I haven't showed up on GW much this week, but you usually always sell your first works by yourself. Later you can get an agent or not depending on how things go for you or how you feel about it. Persistance is the word if you decide to dedicate your life to any artistic work. It's never easy, but if you persist you can get it. If you want an agent you can usually choose one from a list of agents compiled by the guild you're a part of.

Sorry for this, guys. Don't feel like this or this

ON TOPIC
                                Shep needs to be whumped way much more than he is currently or TPTB must come up with an explanation to that not happening fast.
                                No need to apologize, I thought it was very interesting...

I hold my fingers crossed that you will be successful!

Comment

Working...
                                X