John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bebop View Post
    I have to say that until rewatching Runner last night, I'd almost forgotten the delight of the convulsive blaster shot!!.. The dropping to the ground and twisting in pain before collapsing...*tum flip moment*..
    Oh I love that! There's something so satisfying about seeing Shep fall so gracefully and prettily to the ground...sigh..
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
      I agree. Still, I'm not moaning! Stuff continuity. Just whump the hell out of Sheppy, I say
      Oh yeah, bring it on...and not stunners either!! Lets have soul destroying bullet wounds and puddles of blood..*glances around waiting for the white coats*...I sooo need that!!!
      sigpic

my fan fiction place

Comment

Oh yeah, bring it on...and not stunners either!! Lets have soul destroying bullet wounds and puddles of blood..*glances around waiting for the white coats*...I sooo need that!!!
        Me too, me too! I vote for soul destroying bullet wounds and puddles of blood as well.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sheppard's Delight View Post
          Why he is awake though - I dont know....but who cares it is lovely!!! Woo hoo!
          I think adrenaline kept him awake. Nothing like knowing a Wraith is about to feed on you to get the blood pumping.

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
          You guys have some wonderful ideas for Shep.

I would like to see something happen to him that effects the rest of the season. Maybe a physical injury that he has to deal with for awhile and depend on others when it acts up. It could be a mental trauma that he never knows when it will surface and affect his performance.

It would be nice to see his team mates have to deal with his issue on a random basis. I don't want anything debilitating that would carry through lots of eps. First of all TPTB would never let that happen. Second, I think the randomness of his being effected would add to his frustration.
          A little OT, but on this idea:
          Spoiler:
          Do you watch CSI Miami? One of the detectives was shot in the head a few eps back. It still gets a mention here and there - blurry eyesight, confidence struggles, etc. His team notices when he makes mistakes and they try to help. He gets frustrated about it and everything. And you can still see the scar on the back of his head from the wound.
          sigpic
          Sig by Luciana
          My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
            I think adrenaline kept him awake. Nothing like knowing a Wraith is about to feed on you to get the blood pumping.

Spoiler:
            Do you watch CSI Miami? One of the detectives was shot in the head a few eps back. It still gets a mention here and there - blurry eyesight, confidence struggles, etc. His team notices when he makes mistakes and they try to help. He gets frustrated about it and everything. And you can still see the scar on the back of his head from the wound.
            That would be nice!!!!
            sigpic

Comment

"Soul destroying"? Not sure I could stand that. Agonizing and life threatening? Oh yeah. But he still has to be our Sheppy afterward.
              sigpic
              Sig by Luciana

Comment

"Soul destroying"? Not sure I could stand that. Agonizing and life threatening? Oh yeah. But he still has to be our Sheppy afterward.
                Only soul destroying whilst he's suffering Ruffles, don't worry!!!! Then he'll be our one and only Sheppy afterwards..
                sigpic

my fan fiction place

Comment

Only soul destroying whilst he's suffering Ruffles, don't worry!!!! Then he'll be our one and only Sheppy afterwards..
                  Whew! I can probably hold on then. I guess my imagination ran too far with the idea.

*mutters about reading too many fanfics that damage Sheppy beyond repair*
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Luciana

Comment

The thing is that if Shep is whumped it still has to remain realistic that he wouldn't be removed from duty. If he is left too mentally scarred he would be sent back to Earth. I know it's a sci-fi show but it still has to have a pretence of realism.

Comment

Spoiler:
                      oh we dont want sheppy scarred!! and definately not in the head....thats where teh hair TM is!!!!!!

SIG BY MY SISTER OBSESSED1! WHEN SHEP GOES WHUMP I GO THUNK! My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Josie View Post
                        The thing is that if Shep is whumped it still has to remain realistic that he wouldn't be removed from duty. If he is left too mentally scarred he would be sent back to Earth. I know it's a sci-fi show but it still has to have a pretence of realism.
                        exactly....we like our emotional whumping but it has to be within reason. same as the physical whumping.

Comment

Originally posted by Rootortoise View Post
                          exactly....we like our emotional whumping but it has to be within reason. same as the physical whumping.
                          The extreme whump is always going to stay in fanfic. In the show everything is always going to be mended by the end of the episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheppard's Delight View Post
                            Why he is awake though - I dont know....but who cares it is lovely!!! Woo hoo!
                            Umm... cos he's tough and strong and is fighting to stay awake.... and.. erm... ooh oooh and maybe the Wraith had his stunner on a lower setting because he *wanted* to gloat over his helpless prey... (he really shoulda read the Evil Overlord list).... and... err...

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                            I agree. Still, I'm not moaning! Stuff continuity. Just whump the hell out of Sheppy, I say
                            Wot she said!
                            sigpic

Comment

Forgive me I'm just pretty cynical about this new series and the impact it'll have on Atlantis's future. I'll just shut up.
                              I can see the cynicism. When SGA came out, we were told it would stand separate from sG1, yet in season 4, we're losing characters, having an SG1 character put on the show to replace one we like (sorry, but well, read some spoilers from someone's set visit and what they saw in Weir's office, and well, I'm not a happy camper).

I think we also need to know about his mother, did she die when he was young? Is she still around? Did they not get along either? I think general consensus among fans is that she died but it'd be nice to find out for certain.
                              I think most fans are thinking she died when he was around 12-13. That's what I've always thought. And I suspect he got along with mom, but not so much with dad...

And I wish they'd give us THAT background info on Sheppard - his father. If his father is dead, just say so, instead of dragging it on and on with the accursed SciFi bio....

Comment

The extreme whump is always going to stay in fanfic. In the show everything is always going to be mended by the end of the episode.
                                exactly... i just hope stuff like
                                Spoiler:
                                full contact extreme whump
                                squee means some damn good whumping!!!! lol

as long as sheppy is alright at the end...

Comment

Working...
                                X