X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
    No, actually. This was a different ep.
    Spoiler:
    Delko had a gun shot wound in the back of the head. Got the ambulance ride to the hospital, anxious team members waiting for word, heart stop, epi jabbed right in the heart (yes, on screen). He forgot his sister was dead and kept calling for her.
    OMG I haven't seen that ep do you know what it was called I need to see it

Comment

I've been wondering about that myself. I've been having an SGA marathon (S1 & 2 straight through - no fast forwarding) to remind myself of where everything stands. In LFP, he does the "letter" to any of Sumner's family. He starts off saying he didn't know if there was anyone because "some of us don't have any family". I've been wondering if
      Spoiler:
      Dad is dead. Maybe he really is alone and has been for a time. If the bio holds true and Dad was a cold-war hero, maybe he actually died or went MIA during that time. Maybe they had a falling out before Dad left on his last mission and John has been living with the guilt of it ever since. If he went missing, maybe that's why he just can't leave anyone behind.
      S3/S4 spoiler some speculation...well a lot, lol
      Oooooh I like that idea. Maybe
      Spoiler:
      hsi Dad went missing when he was younger and then as he got older started questioning what happened to his Dad and he found out after he joined the AF that one of his Dad's men left him behind in the field. Maybe if Holland had kids, he didn't want his kids growing up without a dad and thinking that Sheppard just left his dad there and that's why he went after him

I do think we need a backstory. We know about Teyla and Ronon's past and Rodney's but little Shep, and given that he's the leading man, it would be nice to know a bit of his history and why he is the way he is....

On a seperate note, if anyone is interested i've put up

Chapter 5 Brothers in Arms

Fingers crossed it works, apologies if it doesn't, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
        Spoiler:
        hsi Dad went missing when he was younger and then as he got older started questioning what happened to his Dad and he found out after he joined the AF that one of his Dad's men left him behind in the field. Maybe if Holland had kids, he didn't want his kids growing up without a dad and thinking that Sheppard just left his dad there and that's why he went after him

I do think we need a backstory. We know about Teyla and Ronon's past and Rodney's but little Shep, and given that he's the leading man, it would be nice to know a bit of his history and why he is the way he is....

Yeah it worked *happy dance*

I like your idea, it would be very interesting and go a long way to explaining the "we don't leave people behind" ethos.

Comment

Originally posted by Listy View Post
          OMG I haven't seen that ep do you know what it was called I need to see it
          It's a 2-parter: No Man's Land and Man Down. They are from the current season.

Spoiler:

Funnily enough, I don't think I know much about Teyla. We've learned a lot about her people and we know some of her genealogy, but not really much about her.

Goody! New fic! *runs off to read*
          sigpic
          Sig by Luciana
          My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by Listy View Post
            Yeah it worked *happy dance*

I like your idea, it would be very interesting and go a long way to explaining the "we don't leave people behind" ethos.
            yeah maybe I can spend this week playing catch up with everyone's fics to Josie did you put up another chapter of yours? I would hope that they didn't just have his character like that just because O'Neill is like that. I'd like to know that there's something else behind his story. We know O'Neill was left behind, so it would be interesting to see where Shep's ethos comes from, and hope we learn about it somewhere down the line I love that word btw Ethos

It's a 2-parter: No Man's Land and Man Down. They are from the current season.

Funnily enough, I don't think I know much about Teyla. We've learned a lot about her people and we know some of her genealogy, but not really much about her.

Goody! New fic! *runs off to read*
            Did I dream that we knew a lot about Teyla to? I tell ya i'm speculating so much these days that I don't know what's real and what's made up, lol.

I think we know more about Teyla than we do about Shep though, and that's pretty weird given he's the lead character.

Comment

yeah maybe I can spend this week playing catch up with everyone's fics to Josie did you put up another chapter of yours? I would hope that they didn't just have his character like that just because O'Neill is like that. I'd like to know that there's something else behind his story. We know O'Neill was left behind, so it would be interesting to see where Shep's ethos comes from, and hope we learn about it somewhere down the line I love that word btw Ethos

Did I dream that we knew a lot about Teyla to? I tell ya i'm speculating so much these days that I don't know what's real and what's made up, lol.

I think we know more about Teyla than we do about Shep though, and that's pretty weird given he's the lead character.
              I agree that we know more about Teyla's past than we do Shep's. We just haven't seen a lot of what has happened to her personally in her past (like Runner, Sateda, M&MM). Shep is definitely the one we know least about.

And I LOVED the new chapter! Read and reviewed. And waiting for more.
              sigpic
              Sig by Luciana

Comment

Peg nice chapter hun, you need to post next chap real soon!!!!!!!

EDIT: I really hope you are feeling very very evil when you write the next chap
                Last edited by Listy; 02 April 2007, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Spoiler:

It worked!!!! Read reviewed and....more please!!..
                  sigpic

my fan fiction place

Comment

Well, just finished Chapter two of Desperate Hours and I'm now going to treat myself to an 'Australian sparkling beer' and another SGA Marathon...later peeps..
                    sigpic

my fan fiction place

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                      I know! But, Atlantis doesn't get as high ratings as SG1 on Sky, for some inexplicable reason, so that probably explains it
                      That's no fun at all.... alteast from what I can tell Atlantis pulls way higher ratings then SG1 here in Sweden since it started...it usually takes the first and second place on the most watched on the channel for that day while SG1 is somewhere below the top 5...and they advertise Atlantis way more too on the channel than SG1...
                      sigpic
                      Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                        I know. There's something so exciting about watching the episode live. Yes, I know I have 3 copies of The Eye, all courtesy of the MGM dvd releases, but I'm so annoyed. I hope Sky don't plan on replacing all of the SGA eppies with yet more SG1 repeats!!!!!
                        i know i wanted to watch it live, even though i have it on dvd, but no it was more sg1 when id just sat through 2 episodes of sg1 just incase i forgot to turn over when atlantis was on and then they randomlly put 48 hours on whats the deal with that!!!!!!

SIG BY MY SISTER OBSESSED1! WHEN SHEP GOES WHUMP I GO THUNK! My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Rootortoise View Post
                          i know i wanted to watch it live, even though i have it on dvd, but no it was more sg1 when id just sat through 2 episodes of sg1 just incase i forgot to turn over when atlantis was on and then they randomlly put 48 hours on whats the deal with that!!!!!!
                          Maybe they changed it due to the Easter hols or something!!!!!

Grrrrrr how annoying is that!

Comment

Originally posted by bebop View Post
                            Well, just finished Chapter two of Desperate Hours and I'm now going to treat myself to an 'Australian sparkling beer' and another SGA Marathon...later peeps..
                            Is Desperate Hours your new fic, or did I miss something completely?
                            sigpic
                            Sig by Luciana

Comment

I agree that we know more about Teyla's past than we do Shep's. We just haven't seen a lot of what has happened to her personally in her past (like Runner, Sateda, M&MM). Shep is definitely the one we know least about.

And I LOVED the new chapter! Read and reviewed. And waiting for more.
                              Thanks hon . I'd like to see her past explored a bit to, maybe what happened with her dad and that. Hopefully in

S4 SPoiler/spec
                              Spoiler:
                              Doppleganger we'll get to see a bit more about Shep's background. If he's having nightmares, there's nothing to say it couldn't include bits about his past as well as the problems he has with bugs Squeeeeeeeeee. I can't wait to see what his nightmares are about And if he's the first one infected then maybe he has the moste svere symptoms out of all of them Woohooo

Listy, ask and you shall receive or shall I save that for the other one, *giggles*
                              Evil Shep
                              Spoiler:
                              Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Originally posted by bebop View Post
                              Desperate hours which one is that? SGA Marathon oh that sounds positively yummy. *waves*

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
                              That's no fun at all.... alteast from what I can tell Atlantis pulls way higher ratings then SG1 here in Sweden since it started...it usually takes the first and second place on the most watched on the channel for that day while SG1 is somewhere below the top 5...and they advertise Atlantis way more too on the channel than SG1...
                              That's really interesting. Maybe that's what we need to be doing, advertising it a bit more. I don't i've ever seen an advert for SGA on Sky. Maybe I should write to them and tell them to pull their finger out

Comment

Maybe if they advertised it a bit more, or put it on as much as they do with SG1, even putting it in their magazine and then getting the names right, might help. I wrote to Sky about getting the names wrong ages ago, and volunteered to be their voice over for Atlantis (i'm so cheeky) lol, but they never replied. I don't think the man has mentioned any of the characters names recently though, so maybe enough people have complained about it

At least they're showing it from the beginning again, hopefully more people will watch now SG1 has finished and people will stop comparing now...

Oooh that was a bit of a rant...sorry about that.
                                no youre absolutely right, they advertise the DEAD show and leave atlantis in its wake its total crap. i get so sick of the way atlantis is treated especially since IMO its the BETTER show.
                                ive never seen them have an atlantis marathon, and on sky one they always play sg1 continually in a loop, all seasons no messing and yet i can honestly say i think this is probably only the second time theyve repeated any of the atlantis's and yet theyre messing them about.
                                screw sky one im glad ive got my dvds.
                                I've been wondering about that myself. I've been having an SGA marathon (S1 & 2 straight through - no fast forwarding) to remind myself of where everything stands. In LFP, he does the "letter" to any of Sumner's family. He starts off saying he didn't know if there was anyone because "some of us don't have any family". I've been wondering if
                                Spoiler:
                                Dad is dead. Maybe he really is alone and has been for a time. If the bio holds true and Dad was a cold-war hero, maybe he actually died or went MIA during that time. Maybe they had a falling out before Dad left on his last mission and John has been living with the guilt of it ever since. If he went missing, maybe that's why he just can't leave anyone behind.
                                ooooooh now thats an interesting theory i like it!!
                                it would be different....

we know that teyla's father was killed by the wraith, we know his name, we know her father used to tell stories to her as a child, we know that charin was like a grandmother to her....so we actually know quite a few bits here and there. it may not be a lot like say RODNEY (what a surprise) and we know quite a bit about ronon but its still more than sheppy, who we know buggar all about.

SIG BY MY SISTER OBSESSED1! WHEN SHEP GOES WHUMP I GO THUNK! My LJ

Comment

Working...
                                X