No announcement yet.

John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paris, you need to read the last couple of pages. There's been serious whump and general mayhem going on! Here's proof...

Comment

Originally posted by Lorr
      Paris, you need to read the last couple of pages. There's been serious whump and general mayhem going on! Here's proof...

OMG and i missed it!?

*runs off to read*
      Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
      ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
      Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy
        OMG and i missed it!?

*runs off to read*
        Hope you got to WannaBe's drabble last page. Ouch!

Comment

Originally posted by Rootortoise
          its cos hes scared of the net where of course a lot of these terms generate LOL not that i blame him..we can get a little..erm crazy..especially at the thought of shep blood..hehe LOL!!

so ive noticed some of you on the common ground thread...anyone else really excited at the thought of a follow up ep to common ground???id love to see how shep and the wraith interact a second time around
          Spoiler:
          are all bets still off?
          that makes me wanna SQUEE!!!! (yay i can squee online again!)
          i love ken c...still very excited about the ark and
          Spoiler:
          the suposed shep whump woo!
          oooooo ahhhhh very cool!
          Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek
            Revels as the official candy of whump? Well perhaps I could agree with that if I could get the darned things to try. Argh!!! I can get Tim Tams, but not Revels. Life is unfair.
            revels aren't candy they are ice cream

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Rootortoise
              oooh shivering is good!!! hmm whatl else LOL...limping from a bleeding leg wound!!! hahaha were so cruel!
              Spoiler:

Comment

OT, but do you get Ben & Jerry's ice cream...OMG! So many delicious flavors, so little time! If I ever get to a con again, I will bring my very own hand made chocolate truffles. Everyone that's had them say they are the best, but I only have time to make them 2 or 3 times a year.

Anyway, I'm heading out for the evening. Getting up at 4:00 to go to the gym before work. (Gah!) See y'all tomorrow!

I just love this one. He was so good in the ep, as usual!

Comment

Originally posted by WannaBeAWhumper
                  Gravelgerdie - this is for you (and a little for me while I'm still squeeing about a CG followup). It started out to be just a couple of paragraphs and...well...I got carried away. I hope this isn't too big to be posted directly in the thread...

CG FOLLOW-UP FF DRABBLE (spoilers for Sateda and CG):
                  Spoiler:
                  The torrential rain turned out to be a blessing. It washed the mud and blood from his eyes. He needed to be able to see. To anticipate Kolya’s moves, and block them before the man broke any more of his bones.

Cradling a useless arm against ribs that protested every breath, John rolled to his back on the sodden ground, searching. Searching for the next foot or fist coming his way. Searching for an opening to land a blow of his own. To end this.

He found none.

He spit blood, and hacked out a laugh as he dragged himself to hands and knees, then stood swaying on legs about as sturdy as saplings in a hurricane. Now he knew how Ronan had felt, he thought absently, knowing he needed to focus. To concentrate on the fight if he was going to survive. And still he couldn’t stop the random thoughts.

Ronan had wanted to kill the Wraith that hunted him himself. He’d told John he’d kill him if John interfered, and at the ferocious look in the Satedan’s eye, he’d had no reason to doubt his friend. Now, months later, John had done the same. Kolya’s was his. And he’d told his team in no uncertain terms what he would do to them if they intervened. He was beginning to doubt the wisdom of that decision.

He glanced over to the treeline, where his team stood staring in horror and fascination. Their faces reflected the tension. The guns held tightly before them stated their readiness. But no…he wouldn’t go their. Not yet.

Lightning flashed across the dark sky, and Kolya took advantage of the momentary blindness it caused, striking out of nowhere. The boot planted in John’s gut doubled him. Drove every molecule of air from his lungs. A moment later a knee connected with the side of his head and then Kolya grabbed John’s bad arm and twisted, shoving him forward facedown into the mud as white-hot explosions of pain flashed through his mind.

As he lay gasping for air, he squeezed his eyes shut and held onto consciousness with a tenuous grip. He tried to rise, to defend himself, but Kolya held him down with a boot on his back, and reached down to pull his head back by a fistful of unruly hair.

Instinctively John knew what would come next. He felt Kolya’s other hand reach for his face, knew it would take only a simple twist to snap his neck. With his abused body screaming in protest, John tucked his chin to his chest and rolled, scissoring Kolya’s legs between his own and pulling at his sleeve, dragging him down intot he mud beside him. Blindly he groped the ground, grasping for anything he could use to protect himself. He came up with a rock, and while Kolya’s dark eyes locked on his, he pounded it into the man’s face twice, three times. He heard a screech like that of a wounded animal and some fragment of his brain registered emabarrassment as he realized it had come from him. He pounded the rock down again and again, until Kolya stopped struggling. Until the bloody pulp that had been the man’s face stared up at him sightlessly.

Then, chest heaving, John shoved himself to his feet and backed away, still clutching the bloody stone. The world spun, and for a few seconds he couldn’t process rational thoughts, speech. Words. Blood pounded in his ears and dripped from his fingertips. Rage pounded in his heart. A primal cry tore from his chest, and for those few seconds he was more animal than man.

He looked over at his team, saw them staring at him in mute horror, and felt bile rise in his throat. His legs buckled and he fell to his hands and knees, shaking. Surely his team would come now. Pick him up. Comfort him. Take him home. But instead he found himself alone in the rain, curled into a fetal ball in the mud, retching up the remnants of the turkey sandwhich he’d had for lunch.

He didn’t blame them. Who wouldn’t be afraid of him after what they’d just witnessed?

Finally he gathered enough strength to look up. Ronan walked slowly toward Kolya. Battered Kolya. Dead Kolya. Slowly he raised his gun, set it to kill and fired. Repeatedly. John frowned as Kolya’s dead body jerked and then lay still again.

Teyla stepped up next, and with eyes as dark and dead as a black hole, fired a burst from her P90 into the dead man’s chest, then stepped back and nodded at Rodney.

Rodney’s fingers clenched and unclenched on the Beretta he held outstretched toward the corpse. His throat worked convulsively.

Rodney. Poor Rodney, whose nightmares used to consist of such innocuous events as being trapped in small spaces or accidentally eating citrus. Whose self-defense skills once consisted solely of his expert wielding of the fly-swatter in his lab. Now his dreams were haunted by life-sucking aliens, and he could make a headshot with a Beretta at forty yards.

Rodney’s trembling stilled. His back straightened, and unloaded the full clip of his 9 millimeter into what was left of Kolya’s head.

John looked away, squeezing his eyes shut at the sight of what his friends had become. What he had made them. Then they were next to him. Ronan and Teyla were on either side, each with a hand on his shoulder.

“It’s over,” Ronan said.

“Kolya will not trouble any of us again,” Teyla added.

Rodney just nodded, taking off his jacket, rolling it up and easing it beneath John’s head and looking for all the world more like a battle-hardened warrior than a scientist.

A tear mingled with the rain on John’s cheek. “Thanks,” he told them. And then his eyes rolled back in his head, and he let himself slip into unconsciousness, knowing his friends would be there to protect him while he was gone

SQUEAAA thats awesome!
                  Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Lorr
                    OT, but do you get Ben & Jerry's ice cream...OMG! So many delicious flavors, so little time! If I ever get to a con again, I will bring my very own hand made chocolate truffles. Everyone that's had them say they are the best, but I only have time to make them 2 or 3 times a year.
                    I've heard of them but i've never actually tried any ben and jerry's
                    we might get them but not in my city...not that i've seen anyways.

mmmm truffles...damn i'm hungry!
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by WannaBeAWhumper
                      Gravelgerdie - this is for you (and a little for me while I'm still squeeing about a CG followup). It started out to be just a couple of paragraphs and...well...I got carried away. I hope this isn't too big to be posted directly in the thread...

CG FOLLOW-UP FF DRABBLE (spoilers for Sateda and CG):
                      Spoiler:
                      The torrential rain turned out to be a blessing. It washed the mud and blood from his eyes. He needed to be able to see. To anticipate Kolya’s moves, and block them before the man broke any more of his bones.

Cradling a useless arm against ribs that protested every breath, John rolled to his back on the sodden ground, searching. Searching for the next foot or fist coming his way. Searching for an opening to land a blow of his own. To end this.

He found none.

He spit blood, and hacked out a laugh as he dragged himself to hands and knees, then stood swaying on legs about as sturdy as saplings in a hurricane. Now he knew how Ronan had felt, he thought absently, knowing he needed to focus. To concentrate on the fight if he was going to survive. And still he couldn’t stop the random thoughts.

Ronan had wanted to kill the Wraith that hunted him himself. He’d told John he’d kill him if John interfered, and at the ferocious look in the Satedan’s eye, he’d had no reason to doubt his friend. Now, months later, John had done the same. Kolya’s was his. And he’d told his team in no uncertain terms what he would do to them if they intervened. He was beginning to doubt the wisdom of that decision.

He glanced over to the treeline, where his team stood staring in horror and fascination. Their faces reflected the tension. The guns held tightly before them stated their readiness. But no…he wouldn’t go their. Not yet.

Lightning flashed across the dark sky, and Kolya took advantage of the momentary blindness it caused, striking out of nowhere. The boot planted in John’s gut doubled him. Drove every molecule of air from his lungs. A moment later a knee connected with the side of his head and then Kolya grabbed John’s bad arm and twisted, shoving him forward facedown into the mud as white-hot explosions of pain flashed through his mind.

As he lay gasping for air, he squeezed his eyes shut and held onto consciousness with a tenuous grip. He tried to rise, to defend himself, but Kolya held him down with a boot on his back, and reached down to pull his head back by a fistful of unruly hair.

Instinctively John knew what would come next. He felt Kolya’s other hand reach for his face, knew it would take only a simple twist to snap his neck. With his abused body screaming in protest, John tucked his chin to his chest and rolled, scissoring Kolya’s legs between his own and pulling at his sleeve, dragging him down intot he mud beside him. Blindly he groped the ground, grasping for anything he could use to protect himself. He came up with a rock, and while Kolya’s dark eyes locked on his, he pounded it into the man’s face twice, three times. He heard a screech like that of a wounded animal and some fragment of his brain registered emabarrassment as he realized it had come from him. He pounded the rock down again and again, until Kolya stopped struggling. Until the bloody pulp that had been the man’s face stared up at him sightlessly.

Then, chest heaving, John shoved himself to his feet and backed away, still clutching the bloody stone. The world spun, and for a few seconds he couldn’t process rational thoughts, speech. Words. Blood pounded in his ears and dripped from his fingertips. Rage pounded in his heart. A primal cry tore from his chest, and for those few seconds he was more animal than man.

He looked over at his team, saw them staring at him in mute horror, and felt bile rise in his throat. His legs buckled and he fell to his hands and knees, shaking. Surely his team would come now. Pick him up. Comfort him. Take him home. But instead he found himself alone in the rain, curled into a fetal ball in the mud, retching up the remnants of the turkey sandwhich he’d had for lunch.

He didn’t blame them. Who wouldn’t be afraid of him after what they’d just witnessed?

Finally he gathered enough strength to look up. Ronan walked slowly toward Kolya. Battered Kolya. Dead Kolya. Slowly he raised his gun, set it to kill and fired. Repeatedly. John frowned as Kolya’s dead body jerked and then lay still again.

Teyla stepped up next, and with eyes as dark and dead as a black hole, fired a burst from her P90 into the dead man’s chest, then stepped back and nodded at Rodney.

Rodney’s fingers clenched and unclenched on the Beretta he held outstretched toward the corpse. His throat worked convulsively.

Rodney. Poor Rodney, whose nightmares used to consist of such innocuous events as being trapped in small spaces or accidentally eating citrus. Whose self-defense skills once consisted solely of his expert wielding of the fly-swatter in his lab. Now his dreams were haunted by life-sucking aliens, and he could make a headshot with a Beretta at forty yards.

Rodney’s trembling stilled. His back straightened, and unloaded the full clip of his 9 millimeter into what was left of Kolya’s head.

John looked away, squeezing his eyes shut at the sight of what his friends had become. What he had made them. Then they were next to him. Ronan and Teyla were on either side, each with a hand on his shoulder.

“It’s over,” Ronan said.

“Kolya will not trouble any of us again,” Teyla added.

Rodney just nodded, taking off his jacket, rolling it up and easing it beneath John’s head and looking for all the world more like a battle-hardened warrior than a scientist.

A tear mingled with the rain on John’s cheek. “Thanks,” he told them. And then his eyes rolled back in his head, and he let himself slip into unconsciousness, knowing his friends would be there to protect him while he was gone
                      That was great Wannabe!!

Just managed to get caught up with 'Failure'...it's ever so good Linzi...I'm enjoying it!

Comment

Originally posted by Elinor
                        That was great Wannabe!!

Just managed to get caught up with 'Failure'...it's ever so good Linzi...I'm enjoying it!

Thanks, ELi!
                        Wannabe, that was wonderful! I want an infirmary scene now!!!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Congrats to Nina and Josie on their milestones!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

*sob* The Killing Frost is finally finished... it's over and done with. And dayum it's been a great fic! If you haven't read it - do so! Those who don't like WIPs? It's now complete - read it!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps
                              *sob* The Killing Frost is finally finished... it's over and done with. And dayum it's been a great fic! If you haven't read it - do so! Those who don't like WIPs? It's now complete - read it!
                              I know! I read the conclusion early this morning! It was one hell of a ride, wasn't it?
                              sigpic

Comment

Well it looks like you guys are going to have to put up with me hanging around and annoying you for a while. The doctor's just signed me off for two weeks at least.

Depression. She thinks it was brought on by the stress over my Dad and this virus I've had plus I'm slightly anaemic so I've been feeling physically crappy, I think she's right. Now I'm on anti-depressants as well as the meds I take for my bi-polar disorder, add with the other meds I take I rattle if you pick me up.

Comment

Working...
                                X