John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blueeyes
    Oh, I've been whumping him on livejournal. Two stories posted in the sga_flashfic community under the user name history_gurl. My Sheppard muse just begs to be whumped.

Oh oh..I read and replied. I'm clarkangel on LJ. You broke me. ::sobs::

Comment

Originally posted by joescookiem
      The latest episode, LFP, was a definite emotional whump. He was so upset over watching the culling and having Teyla getting on his back about saving Oren and his family.
      Just thought I'd add that it shocked me when Teyla told Sheppard:

"I consider Orin as family, Major. I am sorry if you do not understand what that means."

OUCH. That was below the belt.
      Zelazny, FBI~Undercover Division

Comment

Originally posted by Zelazny

"I consider Orin as family, Major. I am sorry if you do not understand what that means."

Very below the belt. Nice thing to say to the guy that SAVED YOUR BUTT Teyla. Saved YOUR people from the Wraith on the ship. But her attitude could have got her people killed.

I don't begrudge Teyla wanted to save her friends. IT's HOW she did it and what she said. She's lucky Shep's so forgiving. I'd have kicked her butt off my team in Shep's place.

Comment

This episode really lost me as a possible Teyla fan. I can't quite fathom why TPTB would have one character tear into another so badly - there was quite a bit of "lay on the guilt trip" going on that was unsettling - in other threads some have called it emotional blackmail. She came across as very selfish/self-centered. Her attitude was no better in "The Gift" - in fact my 12 year old son wanted to duct tape her mouth (until she was possessed by the Wraith - he liked that part).

TPTB are going to have to do a lot of damage control to get me to half-way like her in any way, shape, or form in the future.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Oooh... nasty... No wonder he was giving her the evil eye the whole time...
            Snarkiness doesn't become you,Teyla... and I'm sorry if you do not understand what that means...

So she's only part Wraith, is she?
            sigpic
            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
              This episode really lost me as a possible Teyla fan. I can't quite fathom why TPTB would have one character tear into another so badly - there was quite a bit of "lay on the guilt trip" going on that was unsettling - in other threads some have called it emotional blackmail. She came across as very selfish/self-centered. Her attitude was no better in "The Gift" - in fact my 12 year old son wanted to duct tape her mouth (until she was possessed by the Wraith - he liked that part).

TPTB are going to have to do a lot of damage control to get me to half-way like her in any way, shape, or form in the future.
              I have to agree. I don't dislike Teyla per se...but she lost lots of points with me. She was PMSing all over the guy who saved her more than once. She told him he was wrong for undermining WEir's authority in HZ but was fine with doing it herself. She's been very hypocritical towards Shep and that's what really rubs me the wrong way. He did nothing to deserve it.

She whumped him but good. :macks Teyla::
              Ahh..I feel better now. I like your sons idea too. Duct tape her mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure

I am fortunate that as I found her unengaging before LFP and the TG, I wasn't particularly bothered by her behaviour in those episodes from the P.O.V of liking her character. I don't like or dislike her, I just feel don't feel anything. My only reaction came from how it effected Sheppard. It definitely came across as emotional blackmail. She's picked up on the fact that Sheppard doesn't seem to have any family and friends back home and she hit him over the head with it. It was like because 'you don't have anyone to care about you can't understand how I feel because I do'. I am not sure if it's me but I think she was annoyed because when she attempted to push his buttons it didn't work. He was cool with her, he explained his reasons, he wanted the matter to be closed. He did capitulate to an extent in LFP but he never really let her get under his skin. It was the same in TG, he was firm and in control. When you attack someone, especially on an emotional level you expect a reaction from them. For them to get defensive and aggressive. He didn't. His 'fight' with Weir in HZ was totally different. She did get under his skin. In that office scene at the end, she looked like she was gaining the upper hand. Teyla's behaviour was interesting in how it revealed more of Sheppard's character. He's extremely hard to reach. He is emotional and we have seen him lose it but it is not usually because someone else manages to get at his feelings but because circumstances effect him. Teyla doesn't understand him and in LFP she realised it. Watching that episode, despite not caring about Teyla, made me angry with her. Myself, in Sheppard's shoes, would have been tempted to give her a real slap down and call her on her selfishness and probably be a bit shirty with her in the next episode. What was interesting to me was that he didn't. He let it slide because it wasn't important enough for him to waste further energy on it. He's got a wall around his inner self and Teyla isn't even close to finding so much as a crack in it. He fools people with his charming outside personna into thinking that's who he is and if that isn't always completely successful, the barrier goes up.
                ~ Esther~ My Live Journal
                FBI - Body Preservation Division

Comment

A quick question: In The Gift - at the end, did Shep get clobbered by Teyla when she was under hypnosis? It was kind of hard to see who went flying where.

Comment

Originally posted by smallgirl
                    I am fortunate that as I found her unengaging before LFP and the TG, I wasn't particularly bothered by her behaviour in those episodes from the P.O.V of liking her character. I don't like or dislike her, I just feel don't feel anything. My only reaction came from how it effected Sheppard. It definitely came across as emotional blackmail. She's picked up on the fact that Sheppard doesn't seem to have any family and friends back home and she hit him over the head with it. It was like because 'you don't have anyone to care about you can't understand how I feel because I do'. I am not sure if it's me but I think she was annoyed because when she attempted to push his buttons it didn't work. He was cool with her, he explained his reasons, he wanted the matter to be closed. He did capitulate to an extent in LFP but he never really let her get under his skin. It was the same in TG, he was firm and in control. When you attack someone, especially on an emotional level you expect a reaction from them. For them to get defensive and aggressive. He didn't. His 'fight' with Weir in HZ was totally different. She did get under his skin. In that office scene at the end, she looked like she was gaining the upper hand. Teyla's behaviour was interesting in how it revealed more of Sheppard's character. He's extremely hard to reach. He is emotional and we have seen him lose it but it is not usually because someone else manages to get at his feelings but because circumstances effect him. Teyla doesn't understand him and in LFP she realised it. Watching that episode, despite not caring about Teyla, made me angry with her. Myself, in Sheppard's shoes, would have been tempted to give her a real slap down and call her on her selfishness and probably be a bit shirty with her in the next episode. What was interesting to me was that he didn't. He let it slide because it wasn't important enough for him to waste further energy on it. He's got a wall around his inner self and Teyla isn't even close to finding so much as a crack in it. He fools people with his charming outside personna into thinking that's who he is and if that isn't always completely successful, the barrier goes up.

WOw this is an absolutely fabulous post and may I just say I think you're spot on. Shep is very charming and very good at reading people. But he doesn't let anyone read him. And he definitely has a wall around his inner self. Even JF said the character is detached emotionally in that he shielded himself. Shep is very passionate about things he cares about. About life and people. But don't try to play the emotion card with him.

Just wanted to add. You're right, he wasn't wasting energy on Teyla. She didn't effect him. I think he was a little pissed at her for pulling the BS she did, even though I think he understood it. He was on both sides of the fence, really. But what DID effect him was what he saw. The Culling. What id did. What it meant. He was shaken by it. When he went back to the pilot's seat and stared straight ahead..that was a powerful moment. And his response to Weir. "Bad" And his explanation and his whispered "But we saved some lives and that means something" Or however the exact dialogue goes.

Shep is feeling the guilt of wakening the Wraith. Of shooting Sumner. Of making choices and decisions he wasn't ready to make. Gaul and Abram's deaths. All of it. I'm sure he's going to feel the guilt/regret of letting Kolya live. Pure spec but that scene with Kolya in Brotherhood and letting him live was sure a set up for Kolya and Shep to face off in season 2, if I ever saw a set up! LOL

Then Shep doing the message to Sumner's family. THat was heartbreaking to watch. His admission that he wished Sumner was there.

Play the guilt card, Teyla. Nice friend you are. ::rolls eyes::
                    Last edited by Merlin7; 15 March 2005, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by blueeyes
                      Oh, I've been whumping him on livejournal. Two stories posted in the sga_flashfic community under the user name history_gurl. My Sheppard muse just begs to be whumped.

WHAT???? Where's the link??????? Must go read!!!
                      sigpic
                      Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Salty
                        WHAT???? Where's the link??????? Must go read!!!
                        They're on my livejournal. The link is ... www.livejournal.com/users/history_gurl/

And Salty? Serious whumpage, I broke Merlin.

The stories are called "These Hands" and "Hidden in the Heart"
                        Last edited by blueeyes; 15 March 2005, 05:52 PM. Reason: edited to add titles ... silly me

Comment

Thanks!!! I'll make sure to have the tissues!!!

*goes off to bookmark page*
                          sigpic
                          Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

Hey, favourite bit of Shep whumping would have to be the bug:

He was by far in the most pain here out of the whole season.
                            The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic - Stalin
                            The viewpoint of one person is not the viewpoint of all - ShadowMaat
                            Dulce et Decorum est pro patria mori - Horace
                            All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
                            Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something - Plato
                            An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi
                            Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake - Napoleon

Comment

Originally posted by Cronus
                              Hey, favourite bit of Shep whumping would have to be the bug:

He was by far in the most pain here out of the whole season.

Definitely the most pain and Joe made it seem so real ::hugs woobie::

Comment

Okay, finally getting to watch this awesome show. Whoo hoo! And what did I watch? Hmmm? Anybody wanna guess? Oh yeah, just watched "Thirty Eight Minutes".

Y'all were SO correct about the whumpage. Man does that boy whump good. The look he gives McKay during the "certain doom" ramble ... wow. Visual whumpage so rocks!

Comment

Working...
                                X