No announcement yet.

John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely the best Shep whumping ep!!! And the part where Ford put the water and salt on the bug....man! Joe could act! I would have bet money on that being REAL pain!!!
    sigpic
    Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

Poor Shep got whumped by that Wraith in The Siege I. Poor boy getting knocked out by the stunner. The look in his eyes when he couldn't move and the Wraith was about to suck the life out of him.

And the anger and frustration with Bob at the end. I just loved the look in his eyes when Shep emptied his second clip into Bob. Joe sure can act! *sigh*

Comment

OMG!!! yes, he got so physically whumped in siege 1!! just like you said... the look in his eyes said it all... i just felt so terrible for him, but as a whumper loved it.... just wanted to go save him myself!!

the end definately had some emotional whump, yup.... he had so much built up and was letting it all out on bob!! his line "i don't think we've gona far enough" said it all i thought.... but still.... oh, wait... *waits for siege 2 to air*

Comment

Word! I've watched those two scenes so many times. Even with just his eyes he can act the heck out of the scene. Poor Shep needs a hug

Comment

SIEGE 1 was awesome whumpage. Joe was fabulous. I mean...not one word uttered, unable to move at all and you could see/feel his fear and see how helpless and vulnerable he was. GUH

And the end was total emotional whumpage. That close up after Bob says the others will know what Shep's done. A flicker of fear and vulnerability then SNAP! The cold detachment is back in place.

Also love how Joe had Shep moving stiffly when he entered the holding cell. After being stunned. He got hit twice ya know.

Comment

Originally posted by blueeyes
              Okay, finally getting to watch this awesome show. Whoo hoo! And what did I watch? Hmmm? Anybody wanna guess? Oh yeah, just watched "Thirty Eight Minutes".

Y'all were SO correct about the whumpage. Man does that boy whump good. The look he gives McKay during the "certain doom" ramble ... wow. Visual whumpage so rocks!

I gotta say the best whumped line from Shep to date has to be when he says:

"Please don't do that again."

It was after Ford put salt and then water on the bug. Poor Sheppy. Just the way he said that line...

I'm currently working on my first Atlantis fan fic ever, but I won't start posting it on ff.net until it is finished since I'm so unfamiliar with writing the genre of scifi. If anyone is interested it will be called Between a Rock and a Hard Place and the author name is Zelazny, of course. It involves Shep, McKay(friendship only), and Kolya. Ya know, Genii revenge! hehehe There will be plenty of Shep whump--both phisical and emotional. Keep an eye out for it!
              Zelazny, FBI~Undercover Division

Comment

I think we need some visual aids

Just made this cap.. trying to catch that moment you described, Merlin7

Comment

SIEGE 1 was awesome whumpage. Joe was fabulous. I mean...not one word uttered, unable to move at all and you could see/feel his fear and see how helpless and vulnerable he was. GUH

And the end was total emotional whumpage. That close up after Bob says the others will know what Shep's done. A flicker of fear and vulnerability then SNAP! The cold detachment is back in place.
                  OMG!! yes... it's what he can do with just his eyes that's just amazing... he can go from pain to cold and angry in a moment...

and really, like you said, you can see and feel his helplessness when bob rips his jacket open ready to eat him... then the look of "please say you really shot him and i'm not just dreaming" and relief right after bob is stunned... he just looks so confused and helpless and relieved all at the same time, and you feel it even though he's only on screen for a few seconds!!

i just love all the emotion in the whole episode *is proud emotion junkie*...

Comment

Originally posted by Zelazny

It was after Ford put salt and then water on the bug. Poor Sheppy. Just the way he said that line...

I'm currently working on my first Atlantis fan fic ever, but I won't start posting it on ff.net until it is finished since I'm so unfamiliar with writing the genre of scifi. If anyone is interested it will be called Between a Rock and a Hard Place and the author name is Zelazny, of course. It involves Shep, McKay(friendship only), and Kolya. Ya know, Genii revenge! hehehe There will be plenty of Shep whump--both phisical and emotional. Keep an eye out for it!

YES! The best line - I've watched that scene over and over and over again! That line gave me those flip flops in my tummy!!
                    That ep was the first time I noticed how expressive his eyes are. The eyes and the eyebrows. Watch how his eyebrows raise up and come together when he's in pain. How he can handle it and work through the pain.

And as for that fic...can't wait for you to finish and post!!! Sounds like right up my alley - I'll be watching!!

OMG!! yes... it's what he can do with just his eyes that's just amazing... he can go from pain to cold and angry in a moment...
                    WORD! He doesn't have to say a word - his eyes do it all - I say give his eyes and eyebrows an award!!

Thanks Merentha for the pics!!! I've watched that scene over and over again all week long!! And now I get to add the caps to my screensaver!
                    sigpic
                    Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

i've been watching both scenes over and over too! Everyone here has got to be reading my mind i read through every post going "YES!! exactly! that's just what i thought!" i love whumping

Comment

Originally posted by Zelazny

God that line kills me. The way he says it. The way he's shaking. Just WOW! Joe was incredible.

And I can't WAIT for your fic. ::Taps foot::
                        Done yet?????

Comment

Originally posted by Merentha
                          I think we need some visual aids

Just made this cap.. trying to catch that moment you described, Merlin7

::hugs you::

SQUEEEEEEEEEE

::hugs you again::

Gorgeous caps and those are THE moments I was talking about.

:ne more hug::

Comment

Originally posted by emily_reich

and really, like you said, you can see and feel his helplessness when bob rips his jacket open ready to eat him... then the look of "please say you really shot him and i'm not just dreaming" and relief right after bob is stunned... he just looks so confused and helpless and relieved all at the same time, and you feel it even though he's only on screen for a few seconds!!

i just love all the emotion in the whole episode *is proud emotion junkie*...

I'm a proud emotion junkie too. I think that's a big reason why I adore Joe/Shep. I've never seen another actor do what he does. Not a word uttered and in ten seconds you see what he's feeling and you get HIT by it. And it's seamless. Anger/pain/fear/ or confusion/fear/relief and so on.

Then there are those actors <cough>BradPittinTROY<cough>

Who can't even lock onto ONE expression in two hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin7
                              God that line kills me. The way he says it. The way he's shaking. Just WOW! Joe was incredible.
                              OMG! you guys make me want to see this ep more and more EVERY DAY!! i seriously can't wait to see it.... it sounds like an incredible shep whump episode!

so why, of all the eps this season, did i have to miss THIS one

the dvds are sooooo far away

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin7
                                I'm a proud emotion junkie too. I think that's a big reason why I adore Joe/Shep. I've never seen another actor do what he does. Not a word uttered and in ten seconds you see what he's feeling and you get HIT by it. And it's seamless. Anger/pain/fear/ or confusion/fear/relief and so on.
                                yay!! another emotion junkie! and that's it EXACTLY!! (i say that a lot in here, don't i?? ) he's absolutely incredible with emotion no matter what he's feeling, you feel it too! one of those incredible actors that can make you cry WITHOUT crying but still feeling that same emotion!

i think his fear and pain (both emotional and physical) are always the most tangible, but also his caring and concern are powerful too

Then there are those actors <cough>BradPittinTROY<cough>

Who can't even lock onto ONE expression in two hours.
                                i'm one of the rare few that love troy... it's actually one of my favorite movies!! (*definite loner in that opinion* )

but shep and all of atlantis are still SOOOOO much better!

Comment

Working...
                                X