Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maggs View Post
    Almost forgot....

Just read a really cool story called A Dragon's Tale by Titan 5 and thought I'd share... There's a fair bit of whump, great team dialogue and... well... a dragon.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5041734/1/
    Thank you! Bookmarked for my trip! I have about 50 stories in line to take on said trip! I'll be a happy whumper.

Comment

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
      Sorry for the link I posted earlier - stupid spaces etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watchv=30jqHNo5oW8
      Looks like it was taken down.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorr View Post

Try this one Lorr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tNzBhVd2OY

Works for me. I keep watching and watching and watching....
        sigpic

Comment

I think I corrected it - took out a needed ? mark.
          sigpic

Comment

I think I corrected it - took out a needed ? mark.
            Works now too!!! Love that 2 different people posted the JF highlights from this weird show...
            sigpic

Comment

Try this one Lorr

Thanks! That was funny. I wonder if all the guests are told to just lay it on thick and have fun.

Friday tomorrow. Whew. See y'all in the a.m.

This is whump by fans...I love it!

Comment

Angsty, whumpy Shep vid from YouTube (spoilers all seasons):
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXCg1oIWBNg
                or here, at the vidders LJ:
                http://le-mousquetaire.livejournal.com/159361.html

PS - I've been watching the JF clips from the Jace Hall Show pretty much non stop since I got home from work tonight - totally addicted to Joe and I REALLY miss seeing him on TV each week!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post

PS - I've been watching the JF clips from the Jace Hall Show pretty much non stop since I got home from work tonight - totally addicted to Joe and I REALLY miss seeing him on TV each week!
                  I'm now trying to imagine JF with his own talk show - I think it'd be an interesting mix of humor and sarcastic commentary.
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks! That was funny. I wonder if all the guests are told to just lay it on thick and have fun.

Friday tomorrow. Whew. See y'all in the a.m.

This is whump by fans...I love it!

Great Pic Lorr!!

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post

That vid is so angst and emo whump filled and good. Uses alot of great scenes. Thanks so much Lythis

Was going through some of that person's other vids and found this thunky but also whumpy vid to Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me by U2 (may have S5 scenes but not too spoilery)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8GDY...eature=channel
                    Last edited by maggs; 07 May 2009, 09:32 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Was going through some of that person's other vids and found this thunky but also whumpy vid to Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me by U2 (may have S5 scenes but not too spoilery)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8GDY...eature=channel
                      That one's really good and whumpy!
                      sigpic

Comment

It seems knowing someone with press connections has it's uses...
                        Spoiler:
                        this guy i know has his own radio show (unpaid) and does interviews with some quite famous people at times. Well he got invited to interview Amanda and Rachel at Collectormania (just Rachel now, he just been told Amanda has pulled out ) and so got sent the first 8 episodes of S5 on DVD... including special features... which he gave to me! Only watched S&R with the commentary so far, twas pretty interesting.

*hugs* for Strey for the leak and RL troubles. Hope the leak at least can get sorted quickly.

*hugs* for Josie. Hope you feel a bit more chipper soon hon.

*hugs* for anyone else who needs it.

Thanks for all the various links for the Jace Hall thing. Never got to look at any last night cos domestic stuff had to be done and took longer than i thought before we had to go out. Tonight though! I see it's on Youtube now, i'm sure i can squeeze it in between more domestic stuff, packing and catching the train for Brum!

Originally posted by SanGate View Post
                        Hey Squonk I did enjoy myself, thanks Took a pic with me and the TARDIS How stupid is it that that is one of my highlights, me who conquered Snowdon
                        Stupid?! I think not! That's so cool!

And well done for conquering Snowdon. I'm very impressed.

Originally posted by rhymer View Post
                        The sun's shining? Hmph. It's gloomy here, and horribly cold for May. That'll teach me to package up the sunshine and send it across the internet to anyone who asks.
                        Yes, i cursed your name this morning when i saw the nice grey skies. Way to go there, giving away our sun.

Maggs Love the hug gif! Well I just took care of one thing that has been bugging me - needed a dr. referral and managed to speak to someone competent at student health.
                        I didn't realise such a thing existed!

Good luck with the referral.

Still waiting on mine.
                        The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd

l My LJ l

Comment

For everyone who wants to see the Jace Hall show but can't, the JF-only bits are now on youtube. (He does use a couple cuss words as a warning).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30jqHNo5oW8
                          Thank you thank you thank you thank you

Originally posted by Squonk View Post
                          Spoiler:
                          this guy i know has his own radio show (unpaid) and does interviews with some quite famous people at times. Well he got invited to interview Amanda and Rachel at Collectormania (just Rachel now, he just been told Amanda has pulled out ) and so got sent the first 8 episodes of S5 on DVD... including special features... which he gave to me! Only watched S&R with the commentary so far, twas pretty interesting.
                          That is so awesome!!! You lucky gal!!! Enjoy it all Are you able to tell what special features are on it?

Stupid?! I think not! That's so cool!
                          Hehe, I'm glad someone understands it

And well done for conquering Snowdon. I'm very impressed.
                          Well.. *cough* you'd be more impressed with my friends.. *cough* Chookachook... *cough*
                          Sigs by me, CazzBlade, Luciana, csom, scifan, sgmajorshipper, x_stargatergirl_x and LJ's glaringcandle
                          Save Our Seeker!
                          LotS on LJ.

Comment

Morning everyone. I hope our whumped whumpers are feeling a little better today.

Originally posted by Strey View Post
                            Used to eat stacks of chocs in Blighty - especially the negative calorie stuff like Crunchies and Galaxy and Maltesers and Smarties. Plus there's iron in chocolate. So healthy for you. *sigh* And then there's Shep whump. Guh. Yummm! Better than chocolate. And then there's red wine, but I won't go into that.
                            Crunchies, Smarties, and Maltesers aren't too bad...but Galaxy and Mars bars etc, have about twice the calories...not that I'm an expert on comfort chocolate or anything Curse Weightwatchers for making me so food aware...now I feel guilty about everything I eat. I did lose 24 lb though and am now in the lower half of my weight range, so I shouldn't really moan!

Red wine and dark chocolate are good for the heart apparently, Strey,, so feel free to indulge! Unfortunately, since I'm allergic to wine and dark chocolate gives me a migraine, I guess I'll just have to have furry arteries instead!

Originally posted by lily View Post
                            shepsgirl72
                            Poor your kid! Hope he's OK!
                            Originally posted by iheartshep View Post

I'm sorry SHEPSGIRL but I missed this....what happened to your little boy?

BTW.....that siggy with the BACK OFF WHUMPERS that we were discussing earlier....whose is that? That made me giggle the first time I saw it.

IHS
                            Nipper's fine. IHS, he fell and hit his head while running around and split it wide open. Hospital glued him back together and thankfully he didn't even have a concussion. He's got a hard head...like his mother.

And yeah, the BACK OFF, WHUMPERS sig is mine. I don't have a very good art package, so I go for silly instead.

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                            Shep is on the floor.....

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2.../progeny50.jpg

you take the bed. Or not.
                            I know which one I'd rather lie on...*PG thread...PG thread*

Try this one Lorr

Thanks to everyone who tried to give us people in the UK and Europe a succesful upload, this one and the one Vec provided finally worked for me. JF is such a goof! Very funny!

Such a cute pic. Couldn't you just cuddle him!

Tonight though! I see it's on Youtube now, i'm sure i can squeeze it in between more domestic stuff, packing and catching the train for Brum!
                            Haven't been to Brum for ages. I used to love going shopping there. Have a good trip! An iz jealous that you have some of the Season 5 special features to watch already! Lucky girl!

And SanGate, it sounds like you had a great holiday in Wales. Climbed Snowden, and photographed with the Tardis. What more could you ask for in a holiday...apart from a bit of Sheppy, I suppose.

Now, just to make this a bit more whumpy:

Spoiler:

sigpic
                            My Fan Fiction Page
                            My LJ Fics

Comment

Originally posted by SanGate View Post
                              Thank you thank you thank you thank you

That is so awesome!!! You lucky gal!!! Enjoy it all Are you able to tell what special features are on it?

Hehe, I'm glad someone understands it

Well.. *cough* you'd be more impressed with my friends.. *cough* Chookachook... *cough*
                              These are the first two region 2 discs. Can't remember what was on the region 1, but i think they're simlar if not the same.

Disc One
                              Commentary for Search and Rescue with Martin Gero and Andy Mikita
                              Commentary for The Seed with William Waring and Lawren Bancroft-Wilson (Exec. Producer Assistant)
                              Commentary for Broken Ties with Joe Mallozzi and Jason Momoa
                              Commentary for Daedalus Variations with Alan McCullough and Andy Mikita
                              Mission Directive for Search and Rescue with Andy Mikita and Martin Gero
                              Showdown! Ronan vs Tyre
                              Bringing 'The Seed' to life
                              Photo Galleries

Disc Two
                              Commentary for Whispers with Joe Mallozzi and Will Waring
                              Commentary for The Queen with Alan McCullough and Brenton Spencer
                              Mission Directive for Whispers with Will Waring and Joe Mallozzi
                              Tricks of the Trade: Submerging the Stargate
                              Joe Flanigan: A Conversation with the Colonel
                              Photo Galleries.

And now i've seen what's on Disc Two - guess what i'm doing this lunch time?
                              The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd

l My LJ l

Comment

Spoiler:
                                You jammy so-and-so!!

I'm still thinking about going to Collectormania... just there and back for the day. Rachel is the only original core cast member (other than Rainbow, but I'm not fussed about him) that I've yet to meet.

And now i've seen what's on Disc Two - guess what i'm doing this lunch time?
                                I hate you.

I seem to be having one of those days today.

Didn't get to bed till gone 3am cos Aimee woke up and wanted feeding again after only 2 hours... After her feed at 8:30 this morning she did her favourite trick of waiting till I was half way through changing her nappy before weeing *everywhere*! So I had to strip her down completely and start over... and then she waited till I'd got some clothes back on her before throwing up a bunch of formula. Yeesh.

Then I decided to wash the new baby clothes I bought yesterday - I'd bought a coupla packs of sleepsuits in Tiny Baby size (the next size up from the Early Baby ones she is currently wearing, as they are getting a bit snug) and when I opened up the first pack of 3, they looked huuuge compared to Aimee... checked the label inside one of them and despite the pack being clearly marked as Tiny Baby size, they are in fact New Baby size (the next size up again from Tiny Baby) and waaaay too big for Aimee!

I need to make up a bunch more bottles as she's finished off the ones from the fridge so I went to take the baby monitor downstairs with me.. and found I'd left it switched on overnight and the batteries had run down. So got more batteries out and then found I needed a flathead screwdriver to open the battery compartment. Found a screwdriver. Unscrewed the screw. Compartment won't open. Nearly in tears with frustration at this point. So I phoned hubby and asked him how to open the damn compartment! Eventually got new batteries put in and monitor working.

Now I need to go make those bottles up.

Yeeesh. Can I just go back to bed and start the day over? Oh. No, I can't cos I've got a gazillion things to do today. Oh and I've also put on 2lb since yesterday.

Yargh.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X