John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
    I don't have any problems with it. I don't think it's the most interesting or fascinating part of Shep or the show, but it's a bit of fun, and I like Shep when he's a little off centre like he is around Larrin. I'm very interested in his relationship with his ex-wife though.
    I really wanted to see more of Nancy and I'm absolutely gutted that we will no longer have that chance. I liked her a great deal.

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post

I find it incredibly cute. I love that he gets all awkward about her. Not only do I find it adorable that he's interested in her, I think it fairly shouts the fact that this man is not a player.
    I really liked the idea of Larrin but sadly the character was miscast, I think that a slightly older actress would have been better in this role, Jill Wagner just doesn't have the charisma or the self-assuredness that the character needs but I certainly have no issue with Shep having a flirtation with a recurring character (I've always said that I would rather see him shipped with a recurring character) and I like that he is a big dork when it comes to her, she isn't falling for his charm (though its obvious that she is not totally immune) and that makes him want her even more. Its cute.

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
    I'm not having a good day with my iphone shel=sheppy my stupid iPhone changes some words wuthout me realizing. on JM's blog I squeed about ****less shep stupid phone. I blamed it on incoherency

I did see that on JM's blog, I'm ashamed to admit that your unfortunate typo made me laugh so hard I nearly fell off my chair. Sorry Peg.

Comment

Wow, I have such huge squee for TLT!!!! But it looks like I'm the only one who loved the entire ep from start to finish (well, minus one scene I won't go into here)! I had a few minor squibbles, most of which have already been mentioned, but overall I really, really enjoyed the ep! I guess I'm just easy to please

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
      The Lost Tribe

Spoiler:
      The only thing I enjoyed about the entire episode was seeing Shep with his shirt off and the first 5 minutes or so, the rest of the episode was utter crap. What a let down after last weeK. I can't even be bothered listing all of the reasons why I hated this pile of drivel.
      Keller was a big part, Daniel and McKay were turned into some pathetic comedy act that was cringeworthy to watch. The stupid Travellers ship, Ronon's once again turned into a mindless caveman. Teyla got left behind so we had to indure barbie Keller with her quivery whinning voice... gah !!! And Sheppards scenes didn't even impress me...
      I'm sorry you feel that way, Blue. Like I said, I loved it!
      TLT:
      Spoiler:
      I really enjoyed the banter between Daniel and Rodney and I thought the Traveller's ship was pretty cool. Also, I thought the captain (her name escapes me) was a much more sympathetic character than Larrin was. I agree with you on Teyla though. I could've done with a little less Keller and a little more Teyla.

Originally posted by rhymer View Post
      TLT:

Well, let's see...

Spoiler:
      Let's get the on-topic stuff done first, shall we? I'll join everyone else in squeeing about topless Shep with dog tags - though I did have to avert my eyes from the scene with the glass fragments, since I'm horribly squeamish in real life, and prefer injuries to be shown at a distance. More even than that, though, I think I liked the scene when they found him in the explosion. I loved how he'd protected Zelenka, and how he seemed a bit confused and dazed as he struggled to his feet. I do wish that he'd shown some signs of pain in the rest of the episode, though.
      ITA, Rhymer!
      TLT:
      Spoiler:
      I have to say that I actually enjoyed the scenes with Teyla worrying about and frantically looking for John even more than the glass-picking scene. Does that make me a bad whumper...? I guess I just enjoy the comfort side of whump slightly more than the actualy whump itself.

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
      I find it incredibly cute. I love that he gets all awkward about her. Not only do I find it adorable that he's interested in her, I think it fairly shouts the fact that this man is not a player.
      Oh yes, definitely! I'm usually not much for romance in SGA, and I probably wouldn't have thought of it as cute if she had been in the ep, but I really thought he was cute here. It showed a more insecure side to him and I love that! He's definitely not a player!

Thanks to the lovely Pegasus SGA for the awesome sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Listy View Post
        HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEBOP!!!!!

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG I haven't seen the ep yet but OMG!!! that is absolutely flipping fantastic!!!!!! I am squeeing at a pitch only dogs can hear Thanks for the screen caps sweetie you are a star!!!!

I think I ned to find something soft and squishy to fall on whumpthunk!!!!!!! OMG *happy dance* what am i gonna be like when I see the ep
        Wails out loud, why oh why can I not be that nurse? Is it really too much to ask? Sobs incoherently - me going to lie down too. You really don't want to know how many times I have viewed that scene. All in all I thought it was one of the better episodes.

Comment

Gotta work in moment, but just want to say, before I forget...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEBOP!!!!

Off to talk about the stars.
          sigpic

Comment

Squeeing at a pitch only dogs can hear, Listy? Love it! I often heard going 'Eeek!' and it's barely audible. More of a croak/nails on a chalkboard/wheeze. Then I hear the sprogs saying, 'Mum's watching Stargate Atlantis again. Must be a shepisode.'
            sigpic

Comment

Ok, I think my brain is finally working after seeing TLT this morning (and given what I need to be doing for school, not exactly good). However. THAT scene - oh man. I love collarbones and shoulders. And it was appropriate and medically necessary - hope JF was comfortable with the scene.

As far as Larrin goes, I agree she would have been a little more believeable with a different actress - JM mentioned in his blog they had problems casting. I think I read Gina Torres was one of their picks (except she was very pregnant) - she would have been awesome.

I think Shep asking
              Spoiler:
              what Larrin said about him was his own way of teasing/flirting with the other captain as well.
              sigpic

Comment

Well, finally gotten to see TLT and obviously my reaction was the same as all the other whumpers (and many thunkers also, no doubt!)

TLT:
                Spoiler:
                Holy cow! SHIRTLESS SHEPPY! Okay, so we only got to see it from the shoulders up but still... shirtless Sheppy for the first time since Season 1 episode 3 for chrissakes! Long overdue and much appreciated! Also adored that they actually remembered to have him wearing his dog tags! Maybe Joe remembered your question from Expo 2006 eh Linzi?

Also - nice bit of whump. Loved that Sheppard threw himself over Zelenka to protect him and ended up with his back peppered in glass shards. Loved them helping him up and him being a bit groggy and dazed and his "I think I have some glass in my back..." comment.

And then that lovely lovely infirmary scene with them picking bits of glass out of his back and him wincing a little as he talks to Teyla. Made the whole episode worthwhile!

The rest of it was enjoyable enough and thanks to being spoiler-free I didn't know who the aliens were so the Asguard thing was a surprise to me. I also coulda done with less Keller but overall the storyline was good and was gripping and had me quite wrapped up in it at times, wondering how they were gonna get out of this.
                sigpic

Comment

Re. TLT, Shep and Teyla -
                  Spoiler:
                  someone tell me why she wasn't scanning him up and down during the infirmary scene. She looked him fixedly in the eye. Okay, it would have been inappropriate for her to let her eyes wander too much, but - dayumn! I guess she only has eyes for Kanaaananananaaaanaan. Silly, silly Teyla. Okay, she was looking at his face waaay too fixedly. Trying to control herself. Her voice fair quivered after the explosion, though. She normally has more self control, however dire the straits. I'm not a shipper, but - how could any red-blooded female not let her eyes wander? Off for a cold shower... yeah...
                  sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthday, Bebop!

Spoiler:
                    I am a very, very bad whumper, aren't I? We get whump, blood, a close-up of blood, and bare skin, and I still complain. I did look at the pic, though, and I like it, really I do; I just have to look at it through my fingers while grimacing a little. The second one was indeed very lovely!

One thing that I forgot to say about TLT:

Spoiler:
                    I wonder what Shep was thinking when Todd threatened to feed on Woolsey while Shep watched over. Surely he must have been flashing back to Common Ground at that point: when he was the one being fed on by Todd, while his friends watched. But while Shep shouted to Todd to stop, Shep's friends stood and watched and never shouted the words that would have saved him.
                    I was thinking the same thing about - TLT
                    Spoiler:
                    Shep watching Todd with Woolsey. I know that Todd was doing it because HE knew it would get to Shep.

Originally posted by pilgrim soul View Post
                    When I say I dislike the Kirking thing what I meant is WHAT KIRKING? Seriously, where are all these women that he is supposedly carrying on with? What I hate is people using the phrase Kirking and claiming that Sheppard is some kind of man whore every time he talks to a woman. As far as I can see the poor guy isn't getting any action.
                    I agree. Kirk was a post-pubescent teenager that chased after every female he saw. Shep is so not that way and the comparison is insulting.

Originally posted by knightie View Post
                    Hi

Well for the non Keller fans

Outsiders
                    Spoiler:
                    We get Becket and not Keller this episode.

TLT

Spoiler:
                    What really bugs me is Cadwell being missing. Many questions on this was posted to JM blog. I hope he answers. Keller was OK, the hair thing was funny. Someone made a boo boo here. Again, after the first scene I was too busy thinking about shoulders to care. For SG1 views I loved the continuity they had. In fact I had just watched the Little Jack episode with my daughter a few days ago. I can't believe Scif ruin it for so many folks. I did note that they stopped running that ad. I was not spoiled but guessed it myself so it was so much more enjoyable not knowing. It was really hard work to avoid the spoilers. As for Larrin, I may be in the minority here but for Shep she is the prefect sex partner. Someone who he can fool around with that is not part of the Atlantis personnel. For Larrin I would think the same thing. Both of them really don't want to get involved with their own folks. Also probably in minority but I am glad that Keller finally made a decison on Rodney. If you think of it Last Man future is still shifting into our time line. Wonder what Woolsey thought when he read Sheps report on himself. I just wished they had a scene were Woolsey said I told you not to blew up the place.
                    While the actress may not have been right, I think the Larrin character is a good one for Shep.
                    Spoiler:
                    Despite the whumping she had given him, which while a little gratuitous, we learn that she is desperate to get the Ancient ship up and running. From the what she said, they had been looking for someone with the Ancient gene for some time and her people were in dire straights. They weren't used to trusting strangers had to be willing to go a long way to ensure the safety of their people.

I think she was a good match for a long distance relationship. She was smart, strong and capable. The big thing, though, was that she didn't chase him.

When JM was talking about the search for the actress, I actually suggested Gina Torres on his blog and he replied they thought she would be perfect except for the pregnancy. LOL

Originally posted by Steve Austin View Post
                    Hey..you're right...i was so certain in my head they would do
                    Spoiler:
                    the Woosley-Sheppard scene that didnt realize they didn't!!! He was supose to find the whole tower destroyed and stand with his mouth open and then turn his head toward shep to yell at him....or somethnig like I told not to.....
                    TLT
                    Spoiler:
                    Yeah, I think instead of Rodney babbling on in front of the empty Asgaard suits, they could have spent the time on Woolsey asking Shep about the explosion! Missed opportunity.

BTW, the tower wasn't destroy. Most of the control consoles were still standing and Shep and Radek went to the conference room for cover.

So, inspired by a certain TLT thought that I mentioned earlier, I've written a short, angsty, Sheppard-centric post-TLT fic, which you can find here: The View From the Other Side. It's more angst than whump, but there is at least some whump. I normally like to sit on ideas for a little while before writing them, but since I'm off to Scotland tomorrow for a few days, I just sat down instantly and started to write.

Right. Off to see if I can fit a small laptop, three days' amount of books, drawing materials, funeral clothes, washing bag and casual clothes into one small bag, so I don't have to check any baggage in on my flight tomorrow.
                    Off to read in a minute!

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
                    Ok, I think my brain is finally working after seeing TLT this morning (and given what I need to be doing for school, not exactly good). However. THAT scene - oh man. I love collarbones and shoulders. And it was appropriate and medically necessary - hope JF was comfortable with the scene.

As far as Larrin goes, I agree she would have been a little more believeable with a different actress - JM mentioned in his blog they had problems casting. I think I read Gina Torres was one of their picks (except she was very pregnant) - she would have been awesome.

I think Shep asking
                    Spoiler:
                    what Larrin said about him was his own way of teasing/flirting with the other captain as well.
                    TLT I'm coming around about Shep asking about
                    Spoiler:
                    Larrin. I just think they continued with it one line too long.

i went to my chiropractor today - OT
                    Spoiler:
                    Apparently, my fall pulled the rotator cuff muscles in my right shoulder and slightly dislocated some of the bones in my right wrist. He worked on both and they are sooooo much better. At least it looks like I didn't break anything. I've dislocated toes and my little finger before and put them back myself, but these were beyond me.

One nice thing about falling was that it just about fixed whatever it was that I did to my right knee a few weeks ago. It was a "self adjustment". LOL

See what I mean about being more Sheppard than Rodney as far as pain is concerned?
                    Last edited by Lorr; 11 October 2008, 06:12 PM.

Comment

So, inspired by a certain TLT thought that I mentioned earlier, I've written a short, angsty, Sheppard-centric post-TLT fic, which you can find here: The View From the Other Side. It's more angst than whump, but there is at least some whump. I normally like to sit on ideas for a little while before writing them, but since I'm off to Scotland tomorrow for a few days, I just sat down instantly and started to write.

Right. Off to see if I can fit a small laptop, three days' amount of books, drawing materials, funeral clothes, washing bag and casual clothes into one small bag, so I don't have to check any baggage in on my flight tomorrow.
                      Have a safe trip Rhymer.

Originally posted by Lorr View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      Apparently, my fall pulled the rotator cuff muscles in my right shoulder and slightly dislocated some of the bones in my right wrist. He worked on both and they are sooooo much better. At least it looks like I didn't break anything. I've dislocated toes and my little finger before and put them back myself, but these were beyond me.

One nice thing about falling was that it just about fixed whatever it was that I did to my right knee a few weeks ago. It was a "self adjustment". LOL

See what I mean about being more Sheppard that Rodney as far as pain is concerned?
                      Wow you sure did whump yourself. Glad to hear you are doing a little better.
                      sigpic

Rotating SIGs by Pegasus_SGA
                      &
                      AVI by *ERIKA*

Comment

It seems the whumpers have squeeed themselves into oblivion so i'm going to wander off.

I think I may go watch a certain scene from a certain episode a few...dozen...times. LOL

Comment

Well, I'm off to bed ! Hope all of you whumpers dream of:

or

or maybe
                          S&R and TLT Spoilers
                          Spoiler:

Banners by Luciana, Nici and myself.

Comment

Morning whumpers! Saw The Lost Tribe yesterday and I'm loving the pics

How is everyone?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                              Well, finally gotten to see TLT and obviously my reaction was the same as all the other whumpers (and many thunkers also, no doubt!)

TLT:
                              Spoiler:
                              Holy cow! SHIRTLESS SHEPPY! Okay, so we only got to see it from the shoulders up but still... shirtless Sheppy for the first time since Season 1 episode 3 for chrissakes! Long overdue and much appreciated! Also adored that they actually remembered to have him wearing his dog tags! Maybe Joe remembered your question from Expo 2006 eh Linzi?

Also - nice bit of whump. Loved that Sheppard threw himself over Zelenka to protect him and ended up with his back peppered in glass shards. Loved them helping him up and him being a bit groggy and dazed and his "I think I have some glass in my back..." comment.

And then that lovely lovely infirmary scene with them picking bits of glass out of his back and him wincing a little as he talks to Teyla. Made the whole episode worthwhile!

The rest of it was enjoyable enough and thanks to being spoiler-free I didn't know who the aliens were so the Asguard thing was a surprise to me. I also coulda done with less Keller but overall the storyline was good and was gripping and had me quite wrapped up in it at times, wondering how they were gonna get out of this.
                              ITA with your review. As for the Expo bit? Hmm, who knows? I suspect it's more likely that my constant whining non-stop subtle hints on JM's blog and here had more impact on the, spoilers for TLT:
                              Spoiler:
                              dog tags
                              FINALLY making an appearance. But I'm VERY pleased all the same. I have no idea why it bugged me so much that they have been constantly missing. Maybe it's because I'm an SG1 fan and just like the military aspect and details in Stargate? Or maybe it's 'cos there's something just so physically appealing about them? But anyway, I'm pleased!
                              Happy Birthday, Bebop!

Spoiler:
                              Shep watching Todd with Woolsey. I know that Todd was doing it because HE knew it would get to Shep.

I agree. Kirk was a post-pubescent teenager that chased after every female he saw. Shep is so not that way and the comparison is insulting.

While the actress may not have been right, I think the Larrin character is a good one for Shep.
                              Spoiler:
                              Despite the whumping she had given him, which while a little gratuitous, we learn that she is desperate to get the Ancient ship up and running. From the what she said, they had been looking for someone with the Ancient gene for some time and her people were in dire straights. They weren't used to trusting strangers had to be willing to go a long way to ensure the safety of their people.

I think she was a good match for a long distance relationship. She was smart, strong and capable. The big thing, though, was that she didn't chase him.

When JM was talking about the search for the actress, I actually suggested Gina Torres on his blog and he replied they thought she would be perfect except for the pregnancy. LOL
                              Gina Torres would have been great for Larrin, IMO. Jill was fine, but, IMO, her inexperience showed. I'd have preferred a more experienced actress with a little more range really. But the idea of Larrin I've always liked. It sort of makes sense for Shep to have an off-world love interest, I think. As for the whump in Travellers? I like gratuitous!

TLT
                              Spoiler:
                              Yeah, I think instead of Rodney babbling on in front of the empty Asgaard suits, they could have spent the time on Woolsey asking Shep about the explosion! Missed opportunity.

BTW, the tower wasn't destroy. Most of the control consoles were still standing and Shep and Radek went to the conference room for cover.
                              I totally agree with you here. That Rodney scene you mention went on FAR too long and I started to not only cringe, but to get bored. I have to admit, I didn't really think TLT did much for Rodney really. That time could have easily been put to better use, as some parts did feel rushed, IMO.
                              Off to read in a minute!

TLT I'm coming around about Shep asking about
                              Spoiler:
                              Larrin. I just think they continued with it one line too long.

Spoiler:

See what I mean about being more Sheppard than Rodney as far as pain is concerned?
                              Goodness! Poor you! I hope it all gets better VERY soon!
                              sigpic

Comment

Watched a certain scene again during breakfast hehe

Originally posted by sherryw View Post
                                I don't think you would have been able to squint looking at Linzi's post.
                                I went back after I saw the eppie Nope, couldn't have avoided that for the life of me

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
                                I admit I saw this pix and thought his pants were ripped...
                                You're not the only one I really had to study that pic to find out what it really was

Originally posted by Tristen View Post
                                Wow, I have such huge squee for TLT!!!! But it looks like I'm the only one who loved the entire ep from start to finish (well, minus one scene I won't go into here)! I had a few minor squibbles, most of which have already been mentioned, but overall I really, really enjoyed the ep! I guess I'm just easy to please

I'm sorry you feel that way, Blue. Like I said, I loved it!
                                TLT:
                                Spoiler:
                                I really enjoyed the banter between Daniel and Rodney and I thought the Traveller's ship was pretty cool. Also, I thought the captain (her name escapes me) was a much more sympathetic character than Larrin was. I agree with you on Teyla though. I could've done with a little less Keller and a little more Teyla.
                                ITA
                                Spoiler:
                                I liked Rodney and Daniel together as well. And as someone else also said, even though Rachel didn't have much to do, I really thought she rocked in the scenes she was in. The first one, during the explosion. Her voice was awesome! And when she was left behind on Atlantis, and the look she has. Yeah, I enjoyed her a lot for the ridiculous little time she was in it.

ITA, Rhymer!
                                TLT:
                                Spoiler:
                                I have to say that I actually enjoyed the scenes with Teyla worrying about and frantically looking for John even more than the glass-picking scene. Does that make me a bad whumper...? I guess I just enjoy the comfort side of whump slightly more than the actualy whump itself.
                                TLT
                                Spoiler:
                                Nope, it doesn't make you a bad whumper Like rhymer, I had to squint a bit at that one scene (bad personal experience ), so I thought Teyla was really concerned there

Happy Birthday, Bebop!

Spoiler:
                                I agree!! I think so too

Spoiler:

That sounds awful!!! Glad you feel better now hun!!

Originally posted by queen_hathor View Post
                                Morning whumpers! Saw The Lost Tribe yesterday and I'm loving the pics

How is everyone?
                                Hi queen! Yep, loving the pics as well I'm alright. How are you this Sunday morning?
                                Sigs by me, CazzBlade, Luciana, csom, scifan, sgmajorshipper, x_stargatergirl_x and LJ's glaringcandle
                                Save Our Seeker!
                                LotS on LJ.

Comment

Working...
                                X