Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alipeeps
    Morning whumpers!!

Ahhhh how nice it is to be sitting here at home..... Guilt-Free Gateworld, as Mx calls it!

Mind you, moment of panic when I got up and logged on - no internet! I was.. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, why's it always on my fay off that this happens?!!!

Phoned hubby at work and demanded he fix it and he had me check the connection etc and turns out he'd pulled a cable loose from the router when he unplugged his computer this morning! *sighs in relief*

Right then. Gonna try and get some writing done today.
    Morning Ali! I've had trouble on and off with GW today. It keeps playing me up!
    I must do some more writing too!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Josie
      Morning all!

I felt so crappy this morning I decided to take the day off work, at the end of the day I'm the ony one suffering because I lose a days pay and whats the worst that can happen? they fire me, that would probably count as a plus in my book.
      Awww honey - glad to see you around, though sorry you are feeling crummy! How come you lose a day's pay if ill? Do you not get sick pay then?
      sigpic

Comment

Awww honey - glad to see you around, though sorry you are feeling crummy! How come you lose a day's pay if ill? Do you not get sick pay then?

Nope! No sick pay. Crappy holiday. Basic wage. Dreadful working conditions. Mind numbing tasks. Utterly taken for granted. God, I just love my job.

Comment

Grumpy Josie strikes again! Sorry!

Comment

Quiet today. Are people having probs with the forums? It's been ok for me...
            sigpic

Comment

Quiet today. Are people having probs with the forums? It's been ok for me...
              I did for a couple hours.. everything else worked, so I guess it must have been the forum and not my connection.
              *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

It's working fine for me. Funny how some people can be having trouble while everyone else is fine.

Comment

I'm still having trouble gettig on here and viewing threads!
                  Sorry you're feeling crappy Josie. You should get sick pay. I thought it was a legal requirement? If it isn't, it damn well should be! Hugs to you.
                  Did anyone see the headlines on the home page here? Probably SGA episode 11 won't be aired until March. So there could be a 6 month hiatus! That doesn't bode well, I think. How depressing. Sniff, sniff...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi
                    Sorry you're feeling crappy Josie. You should get sick pay. I thought it was a legal requirement? If it isn't, it damn well should be! Hugs to you.
                    I get statutory sick pay after the first three days.

Did anyone see the headlines on the home page here? Probably SGA episode 11 won't be aired until March. So there could be a 6 month hiatus! That doesn't bode well, I think. How depressing. Sniff, sniff...
                    The only positive is that those of us in the UK will probably see the second half before America as Sky normally shows the series straight through with just a break over Christmas and New Year. We've been ahead before, though usually that's only by a week or so.

Comment

Yeah I'm pretty gutted over that and seriously hoping it's just a rumour. Of course it's not such a big deal for us Brits in terms of air dates in that Sky1 will show the season right through once it starts so we would probably get to see the eps before the US (for once!) but I do feel it doesn't bode well for the show's future.
                      sigpic

Comment

Yeah I'm pretty gutted over that and seriously hoping it's just a rumour. Of course it's not such a big deal for us Brits in terms of air dates in that Sky1 will show the season right through once it starts so we would probably get to see the eps before the US (for once!) but I do feel it doesn't bode well for the show's future.
                        Will they though? Last year Sky didn't show the episodes first after Christmas. So I'm wondering if Sky will delay broadcasting so they can show the episodes all in one go. After all, if they were to show the episodes 3 months earlier than the U.S. that would be unheard of. Even Canada only got them a few weeks ahead last year. I'm not very happy to hear this rumour. It makes me think Scifi are thinking of cancelling both SG shows and ending them in the summer. I hope I'm jumping to the wildly wrong conclusion here, but unless ratings improve...
                        sigpic

Comment

Will they though? Last year Sky didn't show the episodes first after Christmas. So I'm wondering if Sky will delay broadcasting so they can show the episodes all in one go. After all, if they were to show the episodes 3 months earlier than the U.S. that would be unheard of. Even Canada only got them a few weeks ahead last year. I'm not very happy to hear this rumour. It makes me think Scifi are thinking of cancelling both SG shows and ending them in the summer. I hope I'm jumping to the wildly wrong conclusion here, but unless ratings improve...
                          Yeah that's what scares me too - though I don't see how they can consider making a decision like that based on ratings after just two episodes. I just really really hope the ratings pick up anyway so that that's not an issue. I don't think Sky would hold back broadcasting, would they? Usually once they buy a show they air it straight through - and though Sci-Fi may choose not to air the second half for 6 months, it will still have been filmed and be ready to air so there's no reason why Sky couldn't show em? There's been a few instances where Sky has bought TV shows which have ended up being cancelled in the first season (with not all eps shows in the US) and Sky has aired the whole lot right through, meaning that later eps which were never shown in the US get aired here in the UK months before finally being shown in the US (Firefly and Jake 2.0 are examples of this).

We also often end up slightly ahead - or not far behind - on shows because of the odd airing schedules in the US and hiatuses and preemptions. Prime example of this is Season 2 of House - it started in September in the US and not till January in the UK... and yet by the end of the season the UK was only actually 2-3 weeks behind the US because the show had been preempted or on hiatus SO many times over there. I think the longest run of episodes we got without a break in the US schedule was 3 or 4!!

Anyway, I guess this is kinda OT for this thread and, honestly? It's really depressing me. I hate the thought that SGA might get cancelled. I think I need to resolve not to think about it because it's seriously bumming me out...

Someone post something nice and whumpy to take our minds off things?
                          sigpic

Comment

Yeah that's what scares me too - though I don't see how they can consider making a decision like that based on ratings after just two episodes. I just really really hope the ratings pick up anyway so that that's not an issue. I don't think Sky would hold back broadcasting, would they? Usually once they buy a show they air it straight through - and though Sci-Fi may choose not to air the second half for 6 months, it will still have been filmed and be ready to air so there's no reason why Sky couldn't show em? There's been a few instances where Sky has bought TV shows which have ended up being cancelled in the first season (with not all eps shows in the US) and Sky has aired the whole lot right through, meaning that later eps which were never shown in the US get aired here in the UK months before finally being shown in the US (Firefly and Jake 2.0 are examples of this).

We also often end up slightly ahead - or not far behind - on shows because of the odd airing schedules in the US and hiatuses and preemptions. Prime example of this is Season 2 of House - it started in September in the US and not till January in the UK... and yet by the end of the season the UK was only actually 2-3 weeks behind the US because the show had been preempted or on hiatus SO many times over there. I think the longest run of episodes we got without a break in the US schedule was 3 or 4!!

Anyway, I guess this is kinda OT for this thread and, honestly? It's really depressing me. I hate the thought that SGA might get cancelled. I think I need to resolve not to think about it because it's seriously bumming me out...

Someone post something nice and whumpy to take our minds off things?
                            Agreed. I need whump, lots of whump!

sigpic

Comment

I'm trying to write but it's slow going. I hate when I get like this. I have 2 days off work and I want to get loads of writing done but I can't seem to settle to it and keep getting distracted and feeling oddly unsettled, can't decide what to do with myself! Isn't it silly that I've got all this time off and yet I'm sitting here thinking "Eeep, half the day's gone already!"

I'm odd.
                              sigpic

Comment

Yeah that's what scares me too - though I don't see how they can consider making a decision like that based on ratings after just two episodes. ?
                                The news was announced at the Comic Con just this weekend. I doubt they had the ratings for 'Misbegotten' already and even if they did, I doubt they decided on anything so huge this fast..
                                And not even SciFi and MGM could be so stupid and changing a show's schedule to forebode the end after one episode. At least that's what I hope...

I'm actually starting to think that they'll definetely end SG-1, but give Atlantis another chance. SG-1 has been quite close to getting canceled a few times and Atlantis hasn't. It also has slightly better ratings.. What has me concerned is that even TPTB seem really sceptical about another year for SG-1. Sometimes it even comes across to me that they don't want to do another season. They keep saying that your options are really limited for a show that has been airing for 10 seasons and all kinds of stuff like that...
                                I could be wrong, but I have a feeling..
                                *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

Working...
                                X