No announcement yet.

John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At first thank you all for the warm and friendly welcome! I'm very glad and proud to be here (with my whumper-idols). I spent al lot of time since last year to read here - expectly the shep whump - love to whump Shep. Don't know why signed up last week, I think, it's maybe better for me only to read and not to write, because it should be in another life I write in English the last time ... mh, maybe 10 years ago, maybe more ... So, please don't be so strict to me.

@ alipeeps:
    You can order the book direct from the publishers Fandemonium - just google stargate novels to find their website. They ship from the US so it takes a bit longer but with the exchange rate at the moment, it works out no more expensive...
    That's what I've been trying after I received the newsletter. But the shop-assistent don't like my address - don't know why.

@ bebop:
    Welcome to the fun lovely!!!!!!...and I find that about the book very bizarre, 'cause it was Amazon.co.uk that I got mine from and they processed it in a week!!!!
    Okay, I've ordered from amazon.de. Mh, sounds like I should try it there ...

I havn't started it yet, so I can't tell you anything apart from my feet-up time just got a whole lot more interesting..
    That's okay.

@ Listy:
    Welcome to the thread Eohippa, I got the same email from Amazon but then they shipped it within a few days of the email, so I will keep my fingers crossed for you!
    Thanks. Hope never dies ... or it will be dies at last.

Okay, pic and interviews:

Pic is great! It make my day, I'm sure. I love it! Thanks a lot.

JF-Interview: Very, very, very interesting. He is a little whumper of his own character. Good to know ...

And Kavan Smith ... sorry, I must read the full stuff another times. But this little spoiler ... yes, it seems like they will be more creative. I hope for a sixth season.
    My livejournal
    (sorry, guys, fanfictions only German ;o))

Comment

Hi Eohippa and John S!

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
        Some psuedo spoilers stuff on THE INFECTION from Kavan Smith

Spoiler:
        “The one I’m doing right now is called “The Infection” and without giving away too much; it’s not necessarily his own storyline but Joe (Flannigan) and I work together quite a bit in this one. At least two-thirds of the episode are basically Joe and I, so even though it’s not Lorne’s own storyline, it’s definitely a good one for the Lorne character. So fingers crossed that they might go another season and maybe throw a few more storylines in there for our boy.”

Full interview at http://www.sfuniverse.com/2008/08/18...h-kavan-smith/
        **thunk** Thanks *waves weakly from floor**
        Originally posted by John_S View Post
        Hi all,
        sorry to intrude...I've been lurking for awhile here and this place is real fun.

Anyway, I was reading that amazing JF's interview and noticed that nobody has mentioned a potential Whump for Shep.

From page 4 (second to last answer)

Spoiler:
        ....I think I’m about to die, or something, and I have a dream sequence.

I guess this may be a reason for a huge SQUEEEE!!

Ok, off to keep lurking.
        Welcome to the whump. You aren't intruding at all. We love to share the madness.

Welcome to Eohippa also.

Here is a whump kit that might come in handy at times...
        sigpic

Comment

*slaps herlself*
          Omg! You are totally right. I don't know how it escaped my mind. I guess I was hoping for NEW Shep-whump.

Thanks Squonk.
          not to worry - we're all hoping for new Shep-whump, it's only natural!

Originally posted by Eohippa View Post
          At first thank you all for the warm and friendly welcome! I'm very glad and proud to be here (with my whumper-idols). I spent al lot of time since last year to read here - expectly the shep whump - love to whump Shep. Don't know why signed up last week, I think, it's maybe better for me only to read and not to write, because it should be in another life I write in English the last time ... mh, maybe 10 years ago, maybe more ... So, please don't be so strict to me.
          You're English is good, much better than my German, so don't even think of not writing in here if you've got something to say! (or even if you don't! lol)
          No-one minds mistakes - heck half the English speakers here make more mistakes than the non-English speakers - myself included!
          The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd

l My LJ l

Comment

Hey, hab kein Angst Eohippa, dein Englisch ist sehr gut!

We have lots of international folks in here and hey, most of them speak better English than us native speakers! Never be afraid to post and don't worry if you make mistakes - we all do.
            sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
              “The one I’m doing right now is called “The Infection” and without giving away too much; it’s not necessarily his own storyline but Joe (Flannigan) and I work together quite a bit in this one. At least two-thirds of the episode are basically Joe and I, so even though it’s not Lorne’s own storyline, it’s definitely a good one for the Lorne character. So fingers crossed that they might go another season and maybe throw a few more storylines in there for our boy.”

Sounds good, thanks for the link!

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
              **thunk** Thanks *waves weakly from floor**

Welcome to the whump. You aren't intruding at all. We love to share the madness.

Welcome to Eohippa also.

Here is a whump kit that might come in handy at times...
              Oh, lovely!

Eohippa - your english is pretty good! No need to hide in lurkdom

Check out this amazing vid by SGAFan on YouTube Joe IS Rockford!
              picfic craziness against boredom: Col.Sheppard & the nutty whumpers

Comment

Firstly a big welcome to Eohippa and John_S.

Thanks for the link to Joe's interview Kristen999 and to Kavan's prion.

Spoiler:
                I thought Infection wouldn't be so good but if Sheppard and Lorne spend plenty of time together, then that's fine by me. And if there's a little whump thrown in, all the better. But we'll have to wait and see if that happens.

As for First Contact.

Spoiler:
                SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Unfortunately I won't see the episode until a week after it's aired but at least I'll have something great to watch when I return from my holiday.

Sniff, and amazon tell me I have to wait till october - it's not fair!
                So, please tell more about the book.
                I usually order my book directly from http://www.stargatenovels.com/ but this time I ordered it from Amazon.com and not Amazon.de (There's always a delay from them. Firstly it was cheaper and available. It arrived yesterday but I'm being good and keeping it for some holiday reading in September. Hope you manage to get a copy from somewhere.

@ alipeeps:

That's what I've been trying after I received the newsletter. But the shop-assistent don't like my address - don't know why.
                I won't be strict with you because believe me your English is far better than my written German. Never did get the hang of that too well. Sorry but it's a difficult language to write. Even my German hubby has a few problems.

Your address can't be worse than mine, can it? I have tons of problems with mine because of its length. If I tell you that it includes the name of the lady on the old 20 DM bank note, then maybe you'll know what I mean.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lorr View Post
                  I hope tomorrow is better!

Goodnight, whumpers!
                  Thanks Lorr! Part of it was I met with my graduate advisor and set a date for comps - comprehensisve exams - the midway point of doing a thesis. I have to defend my research proposal and any background knowledge. The tentative date is the week before Thanksgiving (but to celebrate I'm going to the con in Burbank that weekend).

Originally posted by Kristen999 View Post
                  I think its interesting how much more I tend to love Joe the more I learn about him, read interviews or fan accounts. And that is rare!!

I hope Joe never chnages!!
                  I have to say the 2 cinemaspy interviews I read - have been good - someone has been asking good questions. JF really comes across as a smart, sarcastic guy (and he doesn't like reality TV, which gives him many bonus points in my book!)
                  sigpic

Comment

Morning whumpers!!!

Originally posted by causeAscene View Post
                    Okaaay so, school started today and we are already looking at a possible closing on Wednesday due to Faye. (Hurricane stuff)
                    Spoiler:
                    Normally, that would be welcomed with open arms, but come on, its the third day of school. And, that would mean one of our Weather Days would be taken away. (Built in holidays that disappear if the schools are ever closed due to weather.) I certainly don't want that. Good news is, I'm in North Florida so we won't get it as bad as those down south. Not according to the current track, at least.

I think we're looking at some flooding... bad thunderstorms.. power outages. The usual. Nothing too bad and for that, I'm thankful. I love thunderstorms and hurricanes as long as they are not bad and no one gets hurt or anything. I remember during one of them, we all sat on the front porch and watched the wind knock down trees. I don't know how many people can say they've heard wind take down trees, but its LOUD and freaky. But, after the third one fell in our neighbor's yard, we were used to it. Poor neighbor.

Anyway, it will all be good. I love Florida and I know I'm better with hurricanes than other extreme weather conditions (earthquakes, snow, mud slides...) Not for me. I hope all other Floridians out there hunker down and pull through unscathed!
                    CAS I hope the damage is minimal and stay safe!!! It looks really nasty when they show it on the news here.

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                    Wheeeee! Thanks honey!

GUH!!!

First Contact:
                    Spoiler:
                    Bleeding from a scalp laceration and with blood on his knuckles and being helped to his feet by Teyla and the Asian nurse (Marie, is it?)!!!! Squeeeeeeeeeee!!!
                    OMG!!!! That is an awesome pic. Now I'm all giddy for this epi.

Hi all,
                    sorry to intrude...I've been lurking for awhile here and this place is real fun.

Anyway, I was reading that amazing JF's interview and noticed that nobody has mentioned a potential Whump for Shep.

From page 4 (second to last answer)

Spoiler:
                    ....I think I’m about to die, or something, and I have a dream sequence.

I guess this may be a reason for a huge SQUEEEE!!

Ok, off to keep lurking.
                    Welcome to the whump thread!!!

Spoiler:

That would be great. I just love Lorne.

Oh I'm not sure if anyone has recommended this fic or not, but it's really good and complete.

The Last Stand
                    by Casus17
                    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4396491/1/The_Last_Stand
                    sigpic

Rotating SIGs by Pegasus_SGA
                    &
                    AVI by *ERIKA*

Comment

Welcome
                      Eohippa
                      and John S.
                      To the
                      Whump thread!

Eohippa - goodness, don't worry about your English...it's waaay better than my German, which I haven't spoken much for....hmmmm well, since I did 'A' level in it! So, yeah back in the dark ages

Prion, thanks for the link to the Infection stuff. That's good news, isn't it? I feel a bit better about the back half of the season now...though I know at least one eppie most likely won't be my cup of tea. Such is life...

Edit: Yay for tonight, CAZZ! S and R in 40 inches of HD for me!
                      sigpic

Comment

*g*

I only have time to drop by and say:

Welcome Eohippa and John S!!!
                        My Stargate Art | My LJ | My Fanfics | My Vids | SGA H/C Challenges Comm
                        Sig and avi by me
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by sherryw View Post
                          Oh I'm not sure if anyone has recommended this fic or not, but it's really good and complete.

The Last Stand
                          by Casus17
                          http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4396491/1/The_Last_Stand
                          I second the rec, but be warned. This does not come with a happy ending, and I don't think it has the appropriate warnings in the summary.
                          sigpic
                          Sig by Luciana
                          My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
                            I second the rec, but be warned. This does not come with a happy ending, and I don't think it has the appropriate warnings in the summary.
                            Thanks Ruffles I forgot to mention that.
                            sigpic

Rotating SIGs by Pegasus_SGA
                            &
                            AVI by *ERIKA*

Comment

Thanks prion for that interview link with Kavan. Now I'm excited for that eppy and it just goes to show you how misleading the 'spoilers' are on GW, when things are based on sides.

As far as the interview with Joe...we must get those guys to interview him more often. It was obvious they watched the show unlike some of the ones floating around here of late and it was nice and meaty

Originally posted by sherryw View Post
                              Thanks Ruffles I forgot to mention that.
                              Thanks for the rec, but I'm going to heed the warning thought.
                              My fanfic-
                              http://www.fanfiction.net/~kristen999

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
                                Thanks for the rec, Sherry, but what is the problem with the ficcie? Is it a death fic? Because I won't read those, owing to the fact that I sob afterwards! Or is it of a disturbing nature?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X