Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by queen_hathor View Post
    You're welcome

Who thinks you're mad...the cat or hubby?
    Both!!
    sigpic

Comment

Hey there, everyone...!
      Just popping in to say.... liked The Seed as an eppie but LOVED it for whump.
      Have to say, though, Carson looks like he is made of plastic - is that cos he's a clone? -
      ...but Shep looks the hottest he's ever looked! *KITTENISH GROWL*
      TBH I never really thought he was a great actor (*DUCKS*), but he's aced performances in both opening eppies, so I stand corrected!

The Doctor and the Wild Man Thread... Keeping the dream alive.

Comment

Queen Hathor - great clip!

sigpicFreebie pics/gifs by sweetsamurai: photobucket.com (username: sweetsamurai - password: stargate200)

Comment

Originally posted by fuchsia View Post
          Hey there, everyone...!
          Just popping in to say.... liked The Seed as an eppie but LOVED it for whump.
          Have to say, though, Carson looks like he is made of plastic - is that cos he's a clone? -
          ...but Shep looks the hottest he's ever looked! *KITTENISH GROWL*
          TBH I never really thought he was a great actor (*DUCKS*), but he's aced performances in both opening eppies, so I stand corrected!
          You never thought Joe was a good actor? Really? Hmmm, you're entitled to your opinion, of course, but I can't agree, and to be honest, I don't really think that's perhaps on topic for the whump thread. I can only speak for myself here, but I adore Sheppard, and if Joe hadn't made his performances convincing, I wouldn't love Sheppard so much. For me, it isn't just about looks or whump, there has to be more depth, and Joe gives me that depth. So, sorry, I really don't know where you're coming from here
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
            You never thought Joe was a good actor? Really? Hmmm, you're entitled to your opinion, of course, but I can't agree, and to be honest, I don't really think that's perhaps on topic for the whump thread. I can only speak for myself here, but I adore Sheppard, and if Joe hadn't made his performances convincing, I wouldn't love Sheppard so much.
            I totally agree. I think that Joe is an awesome actor and his portrayal of Sheppard is the only reason I watch the show. He is the stand out performer. Without his acting ability I dont think I would ever have become a Shep whumper.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheppard's Delight View Post
              I totally agree. I think that Joe is an awesome actor and his portrayal of Sheppard is the only reason I watch the show. He is the stand out performer. Without his acting ability I dont think I would ever have become a Shep whumper.
              Ditto. If he didn't act so well, and make everything so convincing I wouldn't enjoy Shep whump either.
              sigpic

Comment

Morning Whumpers!

Well, back to what passes for normal in my life. Tons of stuff to do. Just a passing post!

I am still giggling about Hewlett's latest name for JF......Flannididdy. That's hilarious.

Here's a name for the "SGA Musical" episode......ROFL......."Bring on Da Noise......Bring on Da Shep Whump". When I saw JF's reaction to that question when someone brought it up at a Con, it made me smile.

IHS
                sigpic

Comment

Good Morning Whumpers!!!!

Originally posted by Astraldust View Post
                  You're welcome Squonk. And as promised here's the second batch of whump HD pics from

The Seed.
                  Spoiler:
                  John crashes PJ through a wall. That must have hurt!
                  http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q...ust/TSEW01.jpg
                  [urlhttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q210/Astraldust/TSEW01b.jpg[/url]

Tentacle thingy impales Sheppy. That did hurt!
                  http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q...ust/TSEW03.jpg
                  [urlhttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q210/Astraldust/TSEW05.jpg[/url]
                  http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q...ust/TSEW09.jpg

But Sheppy still has to strength to shoot if necessary.
                  http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q...st/TSEW011.jpg
                  url]http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q210/Astraldust/TSEW012.jpg[/url]

Shep tells them he's been better. And the whumpers go SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE!
                  http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q...st/TSEW013.jpg
                  http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q...st/TSEW014.jpg
                  Ahhhh!!!!!
                  Those are awesome caps Astral!!!!
                  Sqeeeeeee!!!! Finally getting inspired to do a whump wallie.

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                  Iz proud of self Haven't watched the preview!

I've gone all gooey with that pic from The Seed
                  You're a better girl them me.
                  Silly me read the summaries for The Seed before I watched it and messed up me being surprised at the end. But it was still awesome!!!! The whump more then the ep
                  I don't think I read anything for BT.

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                  It's the (minor The Seed spoilers)
                  Spoiler:
                  pulse-ox monitor clipped to his finger.
                  I was thinking the same thing,but wasn't sure. Thanks Ali

Originally posted by Squonk View Post
                  D'OH!!! Of course it is!! It's been bugging me too, at first i thought it was...The Seed...
                  Spoiler:
                  the bulb for the blood pressure cuff! lol. Imagine if it was, he'd have well and truly cut off the blood supply to his arm!

Originally posted by queen_hathor View Post
                  Lookie, I made a very short whump vid for ya!! It's my 1st attempt, hope you like it!

From S&R so contains spoilers

Clicky (Has sound, so no playing at work unless you want funny looks )
                  Oh that's perfect. Great job Hathor.

Originally posted by Pic-CollSwan View Post
                  de-lurking

OK, so there's a whumper here who was at Shore Leave. Who are you?

We stood in line for David's autograph and you shared your awesome pictures of touring the Bridge Studios with us on Sunday (I'm the one getting ADB autographed, the other person was getting a glossy done). You were with your sister.
                  Sorry to highjack the thread, you mentioned you were a whumper (think you said whumper/not thunker - could be both, who knows).

To keep the post somewhat on topic, Sheppard has certainly had it handed to him this season, eh?
                  He looks comfortable in the infimary getup, guess he's getting used to it.

back to lurk-mode
                  I hope you find the whumper you're looking for.

Originally posted by Astraldust View Post
                  Both!!
                  ROFL!!!!

Originally posted by Sheppard's Delight View Post

ITA. I personally think that JF being on SGA has been good for him. His acting has only improved every single year. Not just with physical whump, but also with emo whump as well.

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                  Ditto. If he didn't act so well, and make everything so convincing I wouldn't enjoy Shep whump either.
                  Exactly!

Comment

Originally posted by iheartshep View Post
                    Morning Whumpers!

Well, back to what passes for normal in my life. Tons of stuff to do. Just a passing post!

I am still giggling about Hewlett's latest name for JF......Flannididdy. That's hilarious.

Here's a name for the "SGA Musical" episode......ROFL......."Bring on Da Noise......Bring on Da Shep Whump". When I saw JF's reaction to that question when someone brought it up at a Con, it made me smile.

IHS

Glad you had a great time IHS!!!!

Comment

Know what I particularly enjoy about JF's acting? He's so subtle you don't even realize at first how very good he is. Then all of a sudden he's got you! Does that make any sense at all, or am I still exhausted from the trip?

ABOUT "THE SEED"
                      Spoiler:
                      when Shep volunteered to test the serum, his words "I'd do anything for any one of you" came back to me."

Wonderful 'caps everyone! *happy before back to RL sigh*

IHS
                      sigpic

Comment

Know what I particularly enjoy about JF's acting? He's so subtle you don't even realize at first how very good he is. Then all of a sudden he's got you! Does that make any sense at all, or am I still exhausted from the trip?

ABOUT "THE SEED"
                        Spoiler:
                        when Shep volunteered to test the serum, his words "I'd do anything for any one of you" came back to me."

IHS
                        The thing I love about Joe's acting is that he never has me worried. Most actors now and then do something a certain way that makes you just feel embarrassed- I guess it is when they over act (this often happens where whump is concerned). I have total trust in Joe that he will come up with the goods in a way that never makes you feel at all uncomfortable!!!

Comment

Got to agree that JT is a fantastic actor I think a lot of the strengths of Shep's character (i.e. what we like about him) are down to JF. I love the fact that he talks things over with the writers, shows that he really cares and knows the character

Btw, for those of you who know Linda, its her birthday today

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

ABOUT "THE SEED"
                            Spoiler:

IHS
                            You hit the nail on the head for me here. Joe does subtle so well. I don't enjoy in your face, OTT performances. And Joe's acting struck me as being subtle from Rising onwards. But I think he's got better and better too. SheppyD was saying to me earlier, that not once has she watched Joe acting and cringed. Not once has he portrayed Shep's pain or hurt and she feel embarrassed by his performance, and I agree 100% with her here. I FEEL Shep's pain along with him, because I see it in Joe's eyes. That's acting for me. Spewing out reams of dialogue is irrelevent compared to that, IMO. If you believe what you're acting, then that comes across I think. I love your spoilered quote. I just knew Shep would do what he did. It's just him
                            Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                            Got to agree that JT is a fantastic actor I think a lot of the strengths of Shep's character (i.e. what we like about him) are down to JF. I love the fact that he talks things over with the writers, shows that he really cares and knows the character

Btw, for those of you who know Linda, its her birthday today

I agree. It is down to JF, or a lot of it is. There hasn't even been any backstory on Shep until season 4, for goodness sakes! So, yeah, a lot of it is down to Joe, IMO, and his interpretation of the role.

Happy Birthday to
                            Linda!
                            sigpic

Comment

Gotta agree. JF's acting is awesome and I actually find the subtle acting a lot more impressive (and hard to do) than the more showy grandstanding acting. If you ever watch an episode and focus entirely on Joe (what? I don't do it often, honest! ) you'll see he is completely in character and in the moment even while other people are talking. It's fascinating to watch. So much of what Sheppard is is portrayed by Joe - not just his delivery of the lines but also (perhaps even more so) his body language, his expressions, just everything...

He's not playing the character - he's being the character.

Prime example of his awesomely expressive acting is in The Seed (spoilers)
                              Spoiler:
                              where Carson tries to talk about the shot before giving it to him. From the dialogue, Sheppard is a bit snarky and almost dismisses Carson's concerns and just wants to have the shot and get it over and done with. From Joe's performance, his expressions, the way he says the lines, we get his reluctant determination, his stoicism, his fear, the fact that he doesn't *want* to think too closely about what he's about to do here etc etc. Just awesome.

And, as I said to Joe at London Expo, scenes like the feeding scenes in Common Ground just go to show how great his acting is, where half his face is covered and he totally sells it just with his *eyes*.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                                Gotta agree. JF's acting is awesome and I actually find the subtle acting a lot more impressive (and hard to do) than the more showy grandstanding acting. If you ever watch an episode and focus entirely on Joe (what? I don't do it often, honest! ) you'll see he is completely in character and in the moment even while other people are talking. It's fascinating to watch. So much of what Sheppard is is portrayed by Joe - not just his delivery of the lines but also (perhaps even more so) his body language, his expressions, just everything...

He's not playing the character - he's being the character.

Prime example of his awesomely expressive acting is in The Seed (spoilers)
                                Spoiler:
                                where Carson tries to talk about the shot before giving it to him. From the dialogue, Sheppard is a bit snarky and almost dismisses Carson's concerns and just wants to have the shot and get it over and done with. From Joe's performance, his expressions, the way he says the lines, we get his reluctant determination, his stoicism, his fear, the fact that he doesn't *want* to think too closely about what he's about to do here etc etc. Just awesome.

And, as I said to Joe at London Expo, scenes like the feeding scenes in Common Ground just go to show how great his acting is, where half his face is covered and he totally sells it just with his *eyes*.
                                Sigh.....

I LOVED that scene in The Seed. Facial expressions just mean so much in acting. IMO, Joe's a master of it. As you said, his expressions and tone of voice etc... really gave the lines a different meaning compared to just reading them on paper. THAT, is what stars do, IMO.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X