Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
    Sigh.....

I LOVED that scene in The Seed. Facial expressions just mean so much in acting. IMO, Joe's a master of it. As you said, his expressions and tone of voice etc... really gave the lines a different meaning compared to just reading them on paper. THAT, is what stars do, IMO.
    Oh me too! I love every single thing about that flipping scene!! Well, okay, aside from (The Seed spoilers)
    Spoiler:
    Carson's pathetic CPR attempt!
    sigpic

Comment

Hi!

Skunk talk? Only the whumpers! I always wondered how they smelled. Don't think I want to know personally...

I simply LOVE Joe's acting. Thanks to him I have been more picky on actors. I tend to compare them all to him ! He just has everything, not just delivering lines, but his performance is complete with facial expressions, body language to a point you just know what his character is thinking at each moment. Like Ali said, CG is wonderful to demonstrate that. It's all in the eyes. Those wonderful hazel eyes. *sigh*

Oh yes, also, Shep is the type of character that can easily be portrayed very cliche and boring, but Joe just adds that extra something that completely transforms Shep into my fave character of all.
      My Stargate Art | My LJ | My Fanfics | My Vids | SGA H/C Challenges Comm
      Sig and avi by me
      Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
        Suuuuure is quiet around here.....
        I'm here, too! I have the day off. So nice.

The cable guy has been and gone. OT
        Spoiler:
        He says there's a general problem with the system in a very large area, so he didn't change my cable box. I may have the opportunity to tape what I have DVRed after all. Silly me for not doing it long before now. He's even had problems, so he "knows" it's real.

Originally posted by pilgrim soul View Post
        I'm not really up to talking much this morning... sorry!

Need to de-stress myself a little bit first else I'll end up bring everyone down again.
        Feel better, Hun.

Astral, the pics! It became very warm here all of a sudden.

Originally posted by queen_hathor View Post
        Lookie, I made a very short whump vid for ya!! It's my 1st attempt, hope you like it!

From S&R so contains spoilers

Clicky (Has sound, so no playing at work unless you want funny looks )
        You did a great job! Thanks

ITA with all of you about JF being a very good actor. He's consistent, always in character and very subtle. You have to WATCH him to know what's going on (such a hardship ). That is infinitly better than the constant scenery chewing that goes on in other shows. Sigh

OT
        Spoiler:
        Well, my Mom has her surgery date - July 31. She's very pleased to able to get it over and done with quickly. Everyone is confident she'll be well on the road to recovery by the time I arrive 23 days later.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheppard's Delight View Post
          I totally agree. I think that Joe is an awesome actor and his portrayal of Sheppard is the only reason I watch the show. He is the stand out performer. Without his acting ability I dont think I would ever have become a Shep whumper.
          ITA, I wouldn't watch the show if he wasn't on. He certainly brought out the whumper in me. JF's facial expressions are worth a million words, he floors me every time.
          Chicago Con Attendee 2011
          Chicago Con Attendee 2010
          GateCon Attendee 2008
          Vancouver Con Attendee 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
            Oh me too! I love every single thing about that flipping scene!! Well, okay, aside from (The Seed spoilers)
            Spoiler:
            Carson's pathetic CPR attempt!
            Oh I know! How bad was that? *Shakes head*
            Originally posted by *Erika* View Post
            Hi!

Skunk talk? Only the whumpers! I always wondered how they smelled. Don't think I want to know personally...

I simply LOVE Joe's acting. Thanks to him I have been more picky on actors. I tend to compare them all to him ! He just has everything, not just delivering lines, but his performance is complete with facial expressions, body language to a point you just know what his character is thinking at each moment. Like Ali said, CG is wonderful to demonstrate that. It's all in the eyes. Those wonderful hazel eyes. *sigh*

Oh yes, also, Shep is the type of character that can easily be portrayed very cliche and boring, but Joe just adds that extra something that completely transforms Shep into my fave character of all.
            Agreed. Well said!
            Originally posted by Lorr View Post
            I'm here, too! I have the day off. So nice.

The cable guy has been and gone. OT
            Spoiler:
            He says there's a general problem with the system in a very large area, so he didn't change my cable box. I may have the opportunity to tape what I have DVRed after all. Silly me for not doing it long before now. He's even had problems, so he "knows" it's real.

Feel better, Hun.

Astral, the pics! It became very warm here all of a sudden.

You did a great job! Thanks

ITA with all of you about JF being a very good actor. He's consistent, always in character and very subtle. You have to WATCH him to know what's going on (such a hardship ). That is infinitly better than the constant scenery chewing that goes on in other shows. Sigh

OT
            Spoiler:
            Well, my Mom has her surgery date - July 31. She's very pleased to able to get it over and done with quickly. Everyone is confident she'll be well on the road to recovery by the time I arrive 23 days later.
            I hope your cable problem gets sorted out VERY soon. I agree about JF. Well said. I hope your mum will be ok. I didn't realise she needed surgery. She has my best wishes
            Originally posted by pisces27 View Post
            ITA, I wouldn't watch the show if he wasn't on. He certainly brought out the whumper in me. JF's facial expressions are worth a million words, he floors me every time.
            Well, I think it's safe to say I end up on the floor a lot watching Joe act. However, when he does whump as Shep? Well, I'm usually unconscious. He's just so understated and makes it so believable for me. I think it's so easy for actor's acting whump to be totally hammy. Joe never does that. His portrayals of whumped Shep just get me every time. I'm just jelly on the floor, because I just totally believe it. Though, to be fair, I believe everything Joe does as Shep and I do forget he's acting a lot! It just seems so natural. I applaud him, because with some of the lines he has to say, well, scifi can be so ridiculous on occasion, but I always buy into it, because Joe makes it all seem so human and personal.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
              Oh that's perfect. Great job Hathor.
              Aww thanks

Not bad for a newbie to whumping eh?

Working on some more caps & maybe another vid if I get chance

sigpic

Comment

*waves to whumpers* Anyone miss me?

Got to leave the wedding early Friday night (it was BORING!) and got to watch The Seed........

Spoiler:
                It was good. Thought the story line was a bit lame, but absolutely LOVED the whump we got!! Completely unexpected! THe last scene, I didn't know why Shep was all of a sudden in pain and asking for help. Once I read all your posts and seen the caps, I then realized he got impaled again. Be still my beating heart!

OMG when Carson mentioned intubate I literally screamed out "OMG! SheppyD is gonna die!!" My hubby looked at me very weird. Seems most of thought of SheppyD there.

I laughed at the previews for next week (BT)...

Spoiler:
                Ronon punching Shep. Geeklet laughed and said "Ronon gets him again mom. HAHA". I was saying SQUEE!

I have to agree with you all JF is a fantastic actor. I find myself when watching, I pay less attention to the words and more to the body language and the subtle nuances that JF portrays in Sheppard - especially when he is in the background. His subtle reactions can really add drama, suspense etc to scenes and seem to tell more than just the words being spewed by the others. Does that make any sense?

I know if the actor cannot sell the character in the beginning (which comes down to said character actually being believable and feeling the emotions fo the character), no amount of whump will turn me. I need a connection with the character first, after that happens, then the whump falls nicely into place.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek;8609998I have to agree with you all JF is a fantastic actor. I find myself when watching, I pay less attention to the words and more to the body language and the subtle nuances that JF portrays in Sheppard - [I
                  especially[/I] when he is in the background. His subtle reactions can really add drama, suspense etc to scenes and seem to tell more than just the words being spewed by the others. Does that make any sense?

I know if the actor cannot sell the character in the beginning (which comes down to said character actually being believable and feeling the emotions fo the character), no amount of whump will turn me. I need a connection with the character first, after that happens, then the whump falls nicely into place.
                  During my first viewing of an ep I just watch Shep, dont' know what's going on storywise. Second viewing is almost the same, third viewing I notice that there are other actors on the screen. By the fifth viewing I figure out there might be a story in there somewhere.
                  Chicago Con Attendee 2011
                  Chicago Con Attendee 2010
                  GateCon Attendee 2008
                  Vancouver Con Attendee 2007

Comment

During my first viewing of an ep I just watch Shep, dont' know what's going on storywise. Second viewing is almost the same, third viewing I notice that there are other actors on the screen. By the fifth viewing I figure out there might be a story in there somewhere.
                    Goodness- there are? and there is?

I obviously need to watch a few more thousand times !!!

Comment

I definitely think JF makes Sheppard as a character work, but I'll really give him credit as an actor for playing a quite different role and being believable as a totally different charatcer - like in the ep of CSI:Miami he did...
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Col.Errandboy View Post
                        Hugs to you and your mom, Lorr...

OT:
                        Spoiler:
                        My Mum had hip replacement surgery beginning of this year - tell your mom it's the best thing that can happen to her! My mum was in terrible pain & limping for ages until one of her friends had the op, and convinced her to do it as well...she has been walking normally, PAIN FREE, and made such a good recovery from it she wishes she'd done it sooner! It's a bit difficult at first, with the special chairs/walker/physiotherapy & such, but it'll be worth it once everything starts to recover from the surgery trauma. She should notice the 'crunchy' arthritic kinda pain my Mum told me about will be gone almost immediately (the surgical/muscular pain takes over for a bit, but when it abates, the results will stun your mom) I wish her all the best and a fabulous orthopaedic surgeon!!
                        I need a hip replacement, but as I am so young the doctors are saying I have to wait, but basically i don't have a left hip left! Pain comes and goes, but hopefully I can get them to change their minds and I can get a new hip in '09!

Comment

Oh I know! How bad was that? *Shakes head*

Agreed. Well said!

I hope your cable problem gets sorted out VERY soon. I agree about JF. Well said. I hope your mum will be ok. I didn't realise she needed surgery. She has my best wishes

Well, I think it's safe to say I end up on the floor a lot watching Joe act. However, when he does whump as Shep? Well, I'm usually unconscious. He's just so understated and makes it so believable for me. I think it's so easy for actor's acting whump to be totally hammy. Joe never does that. His portrayals of whumped Shep just get me every time. I'm just jelly on the floor, because I just totally believe it. Though, to be fair, I believe everything Joe does as Shep and I do forget he's acting a lot! It just seems so natural. I applaud him, because with some of the lines he has to say, well, scifi can be so ridiculous on occasion, but I always buy into it, because Joe makes it all seem so human and personal.
                          Thanks for the goods thoughts for my Mom!

I watched S&R again the other night, and this little bit (well, one of them) that really got me was
                          Spoiler:
                          when Shep, Ronon and Rodney are int he Jumper going to the cruiser. JF did this little thing that flipped my tummy. He sighed and sort of hunched over a little. It was so small, but said so much. Oh, lordy. I just died.

Comment

Originally posted by Celtic Wizard View Post
                            I need a hip replacement, but as I am so young the doctors are saying I have to wait, but basically i don't have a left hip left! Pain comes and goes, but hopefully I can get them to change their minds and I can get a new hip in '09!
                            (((HUGS))) sweetie! I hope it works out for you.

Comment

OT
                              Spoiler:
                              Glad your mom has a date - I'm sure the surgery will go well. (((hugs)))

Totally agree with all of that. His acting of pain etc is so convincing without being OTT or hammy. He totally sells it to me.

Oh that did make me chortle!

I watched S&R again the other night, and this little bit (well, one of them) that really got me was
                              Spoiler:
                              when Shep, Ronon and Rodney are int he Jumper going to the cruiser. JF did this little thing that flipped my tummy. He sighed and sort of hunched over a little. It was so small, but said so much. Oh, lordy. I just died.
                              GUH! *dies with you just thinking about it*
                              sigpic

Comment

Good lord! Really!?!?! I had no idea!!
                                My Stargate Art | My LJ | My Fanfics | My Vids | SGA H/C Challenges Comm
                                Sig and avi by me
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X