• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with everybody!

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
    Spoilers for OT
    Spoiler:
    Don't let anyone get you down. Half the fun of shipping, it seems to me, looking on as an outsider, is reading fanfic and sort of putting your own spin on what you see on the screen, and no matter what happens, you can still do that. My goodness, the slashers certainly seem to have fun doing that, and they'll NEVER get to see anything even resembling consummation of their pairing on screen! So, chin up, sweetie!
    Indeed, and - on topic for once! - we do the same with whump.. we like to see or imagine whump where there isn't really any or where it's open to interpretation. We like to read and write fanfic imagining whump or interpreting episodes from a whumpy perspective (like in my World of Hurt series... which I really *must* finish! ). It's fun, it's harmless, we don't expect official confirmation in the show of our interpretations (jeez, poor Shep would never be out of the infirmary!!) or for the show to be made to revolve around our preferred interpretation... we enjoy the show as a whole and also from our favourite perspective.

The difference there I think is that our wanting whump does not threaten anyone else's view of the show - wanting whump does not exclude ather interpretations... whereas in shipping people - well, some people, come to see any shipping interpretation other than their own as a threat to their preferred ship. *sigh* Ah well.
    sigpic

Comment

Indeed. It's the same for me with the whump. I adore it, but it isn't everything to me! I love so much about the show! I think it's possible that I love Sheppy best though!

Bottom line - it is all fiction and it's meant to entertain and enrich our lives, not make us unhappy, small-minded, vitriolic or plain rude. I agree, it's important to keep that in mind sometimes.

So, on with the squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!
      Like Shep the best...no kidding?? are you sure about that.. *lol* is there something special to like about this guy

Kidding... *lol* I love Shep... as long as the guy can deliver what he has done for 3 seasons I'll keep tuning in...

I have never been intrested in watching a show only for a guy,,the story has to be good... SGA has that..sure they don't score everytime but as long as it's good and Shep has the good part he has had... I will be a fan of the show..

So don't worry Linzi...my chin is up... and I'll keep my hopes up as well
      sigpic
      Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
        I agree with everybody!

Indeed, and - on topic for once! - we do the same with whump.. we like to see or imagine whump where there isn't really any or where it's open to interpretation. We like to read and write fanfic imagining whump or interpreting episodes from a whumpy perspective (like in my World of Hurt series... which I really *must* finish! ). It's fun, it's harmless, we don't expect official confirmation in the show of our interpretations (jeez, poor Shep would never be out of the infirmary!!) or for the show to be made to revolve around our preferred interpretation... we enjoy the show as a whole and also from our favourite perspective.

The difference there I think is that our wanting whump does not threaten anyone else's view of the show - wanting whump does not exclude ather interpretations... whereas in shipping people - well, some people, come to see any shipping interpretation other than their own as a threat to their preferred ship. *sigh* Ah well.
        girl if Shep would have to endure even half of what the whumpers want... he would not only not get out of the infirmary,,I believe the guy would be dead by now
        sigpic
        Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
          girl if Shep would have to endure even half of what the whumpers want... he would not only not get out of the infirmary,,I believe the guy would be dead by now
          We'd definitely need a sarcophagus so we could keep bringing him back to life and whumping him all over again..... now there's a concept for a show! Sheppard: The Sarcophagus Years. I'd watch it!
          sigpic

Comment

We'd definitely need a sarcophagus so we could keep bringing him back to life and whumping him all over again..... now there's a concept for a show! Sheppard: The Sarcophagus Years. I'd watch it!
            sigpic

Comment

You would???

Well then they had to make a safe one...didn't to much use of it make them,,,well weird...
              sigpic
              Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Oh my yes...stuff the next Stargate series...I want this one instead!!

Originally posted by Josie View Post
                Spoiler:

I'm not anti-romance, or anti-ship I just don't want the horrible fallout that comes from a confirmed ship among the main cast personally if they are going to have a "relationship" for Shep I kinda like the idea of Shep/Larrin if it means that they are never sure whether to jump one another or kill each other as long as she's his equal I think this could be interesting (though it may not play out that way at all) - having said that if the tone of their relationship is one of UST I'd love to have been a fly on the wall at the read through when Alan McCullough (?) stepped in for Jill Wagner.

I'm with you Josie.
                Spoiler:
                I'm liking the idea of Shep/Larrin more and more. From what I've seen of Jill Wagner she seems pretty good. If there is going to be UST between the 2 characters I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun!

Comment

Shep's version of Abiss???

Morning!!!

I'm way happier today, because I'm almost sure I'll have a great patient today. He's our neighbour and promissed my mom he would come. We've known him for many years.
                  My Stargate Art | My LJ | My Fanfics | My Vids | SGA H/C Challenges Comm
                  Sig and avi by me
                  Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
                    Well so far I haven't sunken down to their level... for 3 years of hearing crap being flung our way...

Spoiler:
                    And yes Linzi you are right... we don't know what will happen... I'm a realist... I have never thought there would be any major ship in the show and especially not between two major cast members... and if they were to take it that way anyway...it would most likely slowly progress and then maybe be known towards the end of the show completely... and I have never wanted anything in my face..even the ship I'm shipping for...
                    We don't get the whole story with that interview either..the guy doesn't seem to be casted yet,,,we don't know for how many epis..if the relationship will last... there are still many questions... so who knows what's going to happen,,,and I'm not going to jump the gun...or give up my favorite pairing either...

That being said I have to say I'm truly glad that the crew is supporting Rachel ,,,instead of cutting her time or writing her out because she is pregnant...

I just have to see how season 4 will pan out... and hey I still have Shep in season 4 too so... I'm sure I will survive
                    Originally posted by Josie View Post
                    You have exactly the right attitude don't get involved - I'm sure you'll find lots of moments to enjoy in season 4 regardless of what happens.
                    That's a sensible approach to take. I always think the best character moments are one's shared in moments of unhappiness or desperation, and I have a feeling we may get many of those in season 4!

Spoilers for OT
                    Spoiler:
                    Don't let anyone get you down. Half the fun of shipping, it seems to me, looking on as an outsider, is reading fanfic and sort of putting your own spin on what you see on the screen, and no matter what happens, you can still do that. My goodness, the slashers certainly seem to have fun doing that, and they'll NEVER get to see anything even resembling consummation of their pairing on screen! So, chin up, sweetie!
                    Now there you guys go again..being all logical and reasonable. You are taking away my ability to act all childish and selfish and throw a hissy fit just because my perception of the show that we all enjoy is not what is being put on screen. Sheesh! You are saying I should enjoy the show for the varied aspects that are presented and find enjoyment in the moments I like? Why would I want to do that? I want to rant and rave until I get what I know is the perfect show!
                    [/sarcasm]

Err, uh, yeah right! I have enjoyed the Stargate series for 10 years and hope to do so for many more. It is my escape from troubles and worries that are all too real. If I took it as seriously as some others do, it wouldn't be a stress relief time for me. It would become a huge added stress to me.

Sure, there are aspects that don't thrill me and some changes I worry about. But the good for me far outweighs the not good.

I watch for what I like! Hubby watches for what he likes. Our friends watch for the aspects they enjoy. I see a pattern here. Just enjoy!

**a little more whump wouldn't hurt though would it?**
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by *Erika* View Post
                      Shep's version of Abiss???
                      Oh my... I would *adore* an episode like that!! :swoons:

I'm way happier today, because I'm almost sure I'll have a great patient today. He's our neighbour and promissed my mom he would come. We've known him for many years.
                      Oh that's good news! Fingers crossed for you!

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                      There's always room for a little more whump... *picks up placard and starts "Save Shep Whump" campaign*
                      sigpic

Comment

Oh my... I would *adore* an episode like that!! :swoons:

Oh that's good news! Fingers crossed for you!

There's always room for a little more whump... *picks up placard and starts "Save Shep Whump" campaign*
                        Should we start a campaign and send intubation kits, ripped shirts and bandages to TPTB?
                        sigpic

Comment

Should we start a campaign and send intubation kits, ripped shirts and bandages to TPTB?
                          And blood!
                          My Stargate Art | My LJ | My Fanfics | My Vids | SGA H/C Challenges Comm
                          Sig and avi by me
                          Spoiler:

Comment

And blood!
                            well that gives me the shivers ((((())))))
                            sigpic

Comment

Now there you guys go again..being all logical and reasonable. You are taking away my ability to act all childish and selfish and throw a hissy fit just because my perception of the show that we all enjoy is not what is being put on screen. Sheesh! You are saying I should enjoy the show for the varied aspects that are presented and find enjoyment in the moments I like? Why would I want to do that? I want to rant and rave until I get what I know is the perfect show!
                              [/sarcasm]

Err, uh, yeah right! I have enjoyed the Stargate series for 10 years and hope to do so for many more. It is my escape from troubles and worries that are all too real. If I took it as seriously as some others do, it wouldn't be a stress relief time for me. It would become a huge added stress to me.

Sure, there are aspects that don't thrill me and some changes I worry about. But the good for me far outweighs the not good.

I watch for what I like! Hubby watches for what he likes. Our friends watch for the aspects they enjoy. I see a pattern here. Just enjoy!

I love your discreet little comment at the bottom. I'll go one further! A hell of a lot more whump wouldn't hurt - us, it'd sure hurt Sheppy though!!!!!!

A campaign sending medical items to TPTB? Oh, how funny! You're evil!!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

A campaign sending medical items to TPTB? Oh, how funny! You're evil!!!!
                                A list of demands written in blood on a roll of bandage?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X