John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
    Hello peeps...... I'm back from the dentist. Started the whole root canal thing. Had the option of just pulling the tooth, but wimped out.

OT... dental appt.....
    Spoiler:

Gave the doc a real challenge though. My sinus cavity is thick that they could not see the roots on the X-ray, one of the cnals was calcified and needed some meds to dissolve it, and well, my mouth can't stay open for too long or the jaw rends to lock. So he had to keep stopping and let me close it every 15-20 minutes.

I am still in quite a bit of pain, but hopefully its more from the brute assualt now. anyone got any whump to share?
    Sounds like a challenge. A stressful one one both POVs. The problem in the jaw articulation doesn't make things easier.

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
    OUCH! *Wimpers in sympathy* I have annoying teeth too, so I know how you're feeling. I also have a problem with my jaw, it clicks all the time, always had it, but it was made worse in a car accident I had a few years back. I can't keep my mouth open for long either...I know, that's hard to believe isn't it? Hope you start to feel better soon. The whumpers certainly are being whumped by their teeth recently. There was Salty, Peg, me and now GG! ERIKA!!!!! What are we doing wrong?
    Clicking jaw is fairly common. Maybe it could be solved, or at least dealt with to diminish symptoms with something called a plaque here in Brazil. I don't know how it is called elsewhere. It happens because the disc between the jaw and the rest of the skull gets out of place when you open and return when you close it. It's an articulation problem that starts with stress, grinding teeth (is that the name?), wrong biting position, and some others that I can't say in english... this plaque device stays on your mouth an relax the muscles taking the jaw to its correct place.
    My Stargate Art | My LJ | My Fanfics | My Vids | SGA H/C Challenges Comm
    Sig and avi by me
    Spoiler:

Comment

Good Morning Peeps!!

Wow what difference a day makes! I feel absolutely wonderful and pain free!!! SQUEE!!!!!

Wow, just a fly by post as I ahve to work this morning for a few hours and then come home and pack for a four day camping trip. In the hot and humid weather. Blech!

Just want to say THANKS for all the well wishes and support doing my tooth fiasco. It was much appreciated and needed. Whumpers are the best!!

Well, gotta get ready for work. i'll pop in after work.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by *Erika* View Post
        Sounds like a challenge. A stressful one one both POVs. The problem in the jaw articulation doesn't make things easier.

Clicking jaw is fairly common. Maybe it could be solved, or at least dealt with to diminish symptoms with something called a plaque here in Brazil. I don't know how it is called elsewhere. It happens because the disc between the jaw and the rest of the skull gets out of place when you open and return when you close it. It's an articulation problem that starts with stress, grinding teeth (is that the name?), wrong biting position, and some others that I can't say in english... this plaque device stays on your mouth an relax the muscles taking the jaw to its correct place.
        Interesting! I need one of those! I'll have to go and speak to my dentist about it. Thanks for the info!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
          Good Morning Peeps!!

Wow what difference a day makes! I feel absolutely wonderful and pain free!!! SQUEE!!!!!

Wow, just a fly by post as I ahve to work this morning for a few hours and then come home and pack for a four day camping trip. In the hot and humid weather. Blech!

Just want to say THANKS for all the well wishes and support doing my tooth fiasco. It was much appreciated and needed. Whumpers are the best!!

Well, gotta get ready for work. i'll pop in after work.
          Yay - glad you're feeling better. Pain sucks and tooth pain sucks in a way you can't describe to someone who hasn't had it.

Unfortunately, i think i'm coming down with something again.

OT whinging and general feeling sorry for myself
          Spoiler:
          It's been a mega stressful week and my glands have been playing up. They're now really quite big and painful along with a sore throat and general lethargy, breathlessness and dizziness. And my inner ears are really itchy! (think the eczema is back). I feel like death on two legs.
          Fingers crossed i'm just crashing now the adrenalin has stopped.

Taken tomorrow off work but i get the joys of Milton Keynes and 9 hours with my family before hot footing it back for a leaving do (there seems to have been a mass exodus from my workplace - that's 19 in the last couple of months!)
          The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd

l My LJ l

Comment

GG - so glad to hear you're feeling better!

Originally posted by Squonk View Post
            Yay - glad you're feeling better. Pain sucks and tooth pain sucks in a way you can't describe to someone who hasn't had it.

Unfortunately, i think i'm coming down with something again.

OT whinging and general feeling sorry for myself
            Spoiler:
            It's been a mega stressful week and my glands have been playing up. They're now really quite big and painful along with a sore throat and general lethargy, breathlessness and dizziness. And my inner ears are really itchy! (think the eczema is back). I feel like death on two legs.
            Fingers crossed i'm just crashing now the adrenalin has stopped.

Taken tomorrow off work but i get the joys of Milton Keynes and 9 hours with my family before hot footing it back for a leaving do (there seems to have been a mass exodus from my workplace - that's 19 in the last couple of months!)
            Awww honey you do sound under the weather.. *hugs*

On a related note, I can so sympathise with what you said about eczema...
            Spoiler:
            I have psoriasis and I get it in my ears too (never met anyone else before who knows what that feels like - no-one can really understand the maddeningness of an itch somewhere you can't do anything about it!! )

I hope your day off tomorrow goes well, busy though it sounds, and that you feel better soon..
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
              Awww honey you do sound under the weather.. *hugs*

On a related note, I can so sympathise with what you said about eczema...
              Spoiler:
              I have psoriasis and I get it in my ears too (never met anyone else before who knows what that feels like - no-one can really understand the maddeningness of an itch somewhere you can't do anything about it!! )

I hope your day off tomorrow goes well, busy though it sounds, and that you feel better soon..
              Thanks Ali, i'm going to have a good rest at the weekend (once i've been to tesco....) hopefully recharge the batteries somewhat

Oh and congrats on your job btw, great news!!

As for the eczema
              Spoiler:
              i can't stand itching at the best of times and you're right, having it way down in your ear is unbelievabley torturous.

To my doctors unending horror, i sometimes can't help myself and stick a cotton bud in there and have a good scratch. Course the itch comes back almost instantly and i end up with infections.......d'oh!!
              (((HUGS))) for a fellow sufferer!

l My LJ l

Comment

As for the eczema
                Spoiler:
                i can't stand itching at the best of times and you're right, having it way down in your ear is unbelievabley torturous.

To my doctors unending horror, i sometimes can't help myself and stick a cotton bud in there and have a good scratch. Course the itch comes back almost instantly and i end up with infections.......d'oh!!
                I can't live without cotton buds. Seriously.

Spoiler:
                Over the years, on rare occasions, the itching has driven me *so* insane that I've resorted to something stupid like unbending a paperclip and using that to try and scratch the itch! I figure cotton buds are by far the safer option!

*hugs for my fellow insane-itch suffer*
                sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                  Over the years, on rare occasions, the itching has driven me *so* insane that I've resorted to something stupid like unbending a paperclip and using that to try and scratch the itch! I figure cotton buds are by far the safer option!

Spoiler:
                  Paperclip!!! Good lord!!! I've the inside of a biro, a nail file (), a tooth pick....but never a paperclip - ouch!!!

Funnily enough my doctor conceeded she'd rather i use a cotton bud than something else. She laughed and said some people even use hair grips!!
                  I had to smile as i told her that boyfy has used hair grips all his life to clean his ears....

l My LJ l

Comment

Thanks Ali, i'm going to have a good rest at the weekend (once i've been to tesco....) hopefully recharge the batteries somewhat

Oh and congrats on your job btw, great news!!

As for the eczema
                    Spoiler:

Ouch!

Spoiler:

Paperclip?
                    sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                      Paperclip!!! Good lord!!! I've the inside of a biro, a nail file (), a tooth pick....but never a paperclip - ouch!!!

Funnily enough my doctor conceeded she'd rather i use a cotton bud than something else. She laughed and said some people even use hair grips!!
                      I had to smile as i told her that boyfy has used hair grips all his life to clean his ears....
                      *ahem* Hairgrips. Yup.

Paperclip?
                      I should quantify... bend it out from the middle so there is a curved loop at each end - not a straight spike of metal!
                      sigpic

Comment

*ahem* Hairgrips. Yup.

I should quantify... bend it out from the middle so there is a curved loop at each end - not a straight spike of metal!
                        Ear whump?
                        sigpic

Comment

Agreed. In every season there have been episodes with no new guests, hence no need to audition. SGA has a large recurring cast, and sometimes the stories are set on Atlantis, using the existing cast, hence no need for guest stars. Those stories aren't often 'bottle' episodes particularly, it's just what the story dictates, so I don't think it has anything to do with budgetary issues either, in fact JM said he was pleased with the budget for season 4, and they're actually able to do some more things . Anyway, all recurring cast members have to be paid!
                          Well, if you do a show on a new planet, meeting new enemies, allies, etc. you need new people. "Bottle" shows dont necessarily need guest casts. The only people who get sides are those that speak and get paid well. If you're just an extra, you make like $40 Canadian a day, at least that's what I made when I did some extra work on a movie filmed in Toronto. Plus they feed you, well, sorta It's when you actually get a spoken line that you get paid more, you can get a SAG/Actra card, etc. The cool stuff But budget falls into it, to a degree, when you blow big bucks on the "A" shows and then do the "C" bottle shows, which means you don't leave the set.

Comment

Originally posted by knightie View Post
                            Hi All

I want to post my pictures to an album you guys can look at but I don't want to load them one by one (too many). Any body know of a fast way to load them.
                            If you're using Photobucket, you can add at least a dozen at a time. There's feature listed right below about adding more, if you click that, it opens up a whole bunch more new 'links' to fill out, but yes, you do have at least do them one by one off your hard drive, but if you put them in one accessible spot, you can breeze through it.

Comment

Congrats prion to 7100 posts!!!
                              sigpic
                              Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Morning Whumpers!

Sorry I've been missing for the last 2 days.

Anything interesting going on? New rumors......new pics......new JF appearances? I have about 16 pages to catch up on.

IHS
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X