John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
    Or it can also be that there are simply less episodes requiring casting of guest actors (and therefore less need for sides for auditions). Nevertheless, sides and the information gleaned from them are a grey area, as discussed, and anyone with half a brain would realise that and use discretion. Sadly, many fans do not seem to have half a brain - even between them - as gets proven again and again by the antics on Joe's blog.
    Well, that might be scary as less actors needed, lower budget?I've seen shows that operate in a bubble of no guest stars and you DO need guest stars, really.

Well, it's not just Joe's blog, you know

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post

As for fic, have you seen this one? It's a WIP.

Honor Bound
      Oh yes, been 'culling' that one and waiting for it to end. I try to limit reading too many works in progress as I get confused! So I wait till I get it all, reformat it, print it, and then send off a copy to Salty if I remember

Comment

Hello peeps...... I'm back from the dentist. Started the whole root canal thing. Had the option of just pulling the tooth, but wimped out.

OT... dental appt.....
        Spoiler:

Gave the doc a real challenge though. My sinus cavity is thick that they could not see the roots on the X-ray, one of the cnals was calcified and needed some meds to dissolve it, and well, my mouth can't stay open for too long or the jaw rends to lock. So he had to keep stopping and let me close it every 15-20 minutes.

I am still in quite a bit of pain, but hopefully its more from the brute assualt now. anyone got any whump to share?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
          Hello peeps...... I'm back from the dentist. Started the whole root canal thing. Had the option of just pulling the tooth, but wimped out.

OT... dental appt.....
          Spoiler:

Gave the doc a real challenge though. My sinus cavity is thick that they could not see the roots on the X-ray, one of the cnals was calcified and needed some meds to dissolve it, and well, my mouth can't stay open for too long or the jaw rends to lock. So he had to keep stopping and let me close it every 15-20 minutes.

I am still in quite a bit of pain, but hopefully its more from the brute assualt now. anyone got any whump to share?
          Sounds like you had plenty of whump! Hopefully you will feel better soon.

Wraith Dentist: Open your mouth!!!
          Shep: I don't think so!

WD: I said OPEN!!

Shep: I didn't think a little popcorn shell stuck between my teeth would be so painful!
          sigpic

Comment

OMG POCUS!!!!!

You're little picspam story was wayyyy too funny!!! THANK YOU!!! I really needed a good laugh.

BTW, I am feeling a bit better. I also popped four Aleve and got dose number one of the antibiotics in.
            sigpic

Comment

OMG POCUS!!!!!

You're little picspam story was wayyyy too funny!!! THANK YOU!!! I really needed a good laugh.

BTW, I am feeling a bit better. I also popped four Aleve and got dose number one of the antibiotics in.
              Glad to help. Ah Alleve and antibiotics. The nectar of the gods upon occasion. Hubby swears by Alleve. It doesn't do anything for me. I prefer Advil.

Wonder what Shep would take if he had to?
              sigpic

Comment

Four Aleve?!!! Yikes! I am so happy you finally went to the dentist, GG. letting that go too long is quite dangerous.

O1, call your eye doctor immediately. I don't know if that spot is an ulcer as they are usually incredibly painful. I had one when I was 15. You risk permanent damage by waiting.

Congrats on the milestones, GG, MC, Prion, and any others!

Great to see you back, O1 and Olivia!

Welcome to the whump thread, Cookiemaster!

After reading about the kidlings and everyone's early memories of whump, I am beginning to think there is a whump gene. You have it or you don't. LOL

Comment

I have to share this

OT kid talk
                  Spoiler:
                  Some of the boys at school were playing Star Wars today and they needed my help to solve a dilemma. One of them came and asked me if there was an OB 2 since there was an OB 1. I had to stop choking on my soda before I answered his very serious question. They had already included a R4D4 in their game.

I love my job!
                  sigpic

Comment

Evening whumpers. How goes it?

Originally posted by knightie View Post
                    If you all remember I told you my uncle started this whole set thing. So I talked to him yesterday to tell him all about it.

He told me because I was so obsessed with the show he had turned it on to see what was what. His first show was Aurora (I guess in Syndication) . He admitted this was back in March. Then he proceeds to tell me that he just watched Submersion and loved it. So now he will watch more.

I got a new fan hooked. So my daughter watches 38 minutes. Not quite a whumper yet. I need her to see the Defiant one. But we must watch in order.

I have done my part. I have converted 2 new fans.
                    Alright another converted person.

Originally posted by strinam View Post
                    Too bad I won't be there. I have a laptop and I legally download quite frequently from iTunes.
                    I've downloaded 2 onto my computer here, but I only have a work laptop and I'm not going to download anything on there.

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                    I know.

Mitchell always gets wonderful whump! No fair!!!! I want Shep to get some good stuff too.

Thanks, Lorr. I hope you get to see the Spacey vid, it's wonderful!

Agreed! Of course he's going to give spoilers away, and so will others there. It's ridiculous!

Oh, ok, it was THAT post about spoilers. Travelers is due to air 5th after DG. So, as I've decided SGA is starting in August you won't miss them...okay, I know it's not starting in August, but if I keep telling myself it is, then when it airs in September it won't seem so far away, if that makes sense?

It won't start in October, it won't, it won't... I'm just trying to send telepathic messages to Scifi. You never know they might get them... I really think I need to lie down! That sun yesterday must have really messed with my brain!

I agree about the shipping stuff. Live and let live, each to his/her own, be tolerant, and who cares what others think or believe? If we were all the same and liked the same things, then life would be really boring. I feel sorry for all the shippers just wanting to have fun too. Isn't having fun what SGA is supposed to be all about?

I hope it doesn't start in October. I think it will either be August or September.

I believe everyone has there own opinion and people should be respectful of that. It doesn't matter if you are a shipper or a whumper, we all love SGA. That's one thing I love about this thread, everybody is so respectful of eachothers opinions and supportive. {{hugs to the whumpers}}

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    OMFG!! Just finally had my meeting with my ultimate manager about my new role and got the details confirmed etc. My new job title is Research Consultant and I get a direct dial telephone line, business cards and a company mobile phone.. and probably a laptop at some point. We went through the bonus/commission structure in more detail.. and I could well be earning more than my husband this financial year! My basic stays the same (but with provision for a payrise in 6 months if hitting targets) but instead of earning up to £2-3k bonus a year (partly based on company performance - which I had no control over), they reckon I could easily earn e.g. £16k in bonuses! Woooot!

Oh and now that the international practice is integrated as a business unit acorss our various offices, I can choose where I want to work! If I want to move and work in London, or Paris, or Strasbourg.. I can!
                    I'm so excited!!
                    Ali I can't tell you how excited I am about your news. You are a very hard worker and deserve everything you get. I mean you were up was it yesterday till 12am your time to interview a candidate. That is dedication. Congrats again!

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                    Ali Congrats on your great news!!!

and on 11500 posts
                    Congrats Ali on 11500!!!!

Congrats to Caty on 3900!!!

Congrats to GG on 8700!!!!!!!

Congrats to McKaychick for 12000!!!

Originally posted by obsessed1 View Post
                    congrats Ali - sounds cool!

Oh, ive had no time to come on here lately -real life is whumping me for good! oh well.......at least i will have some fic to post soon!! *grins*
                    Hi O1 we missed you!!! More fics!!! WOO HOO!!!!

I inspired a presentation?? that is just too scary!! Best of luck with it hon. I'm sure you'll great!!!! I'll be calling the dentrist as soon as the office is open.

Damn, I must go and be the raving mother. *Stupid kids....* Is summer vacation over with yet????
                    GG you are an inpiration to all of us.

Originally posted by Rootortoise View Post
                    hey sis *waves to O1*

im going out AGAIN later but thought id come in here for a bit and catch up....we're trying to do something every day until i leave uni on the sunday...its fun dont get me wrong, but man it would be nice to have a night in lol....oh well ill have to watch some SGA next week!! oh and tonight we're going to lazerzone which is one of those things where you have the guns and shoot lazers at each other..me thinks ill be pretending to be sheppy hehe!!

hehe i just watched that spaceys vid again...so funny!! i hope as well in a few days we might get part 2 of that stargate vid to have more stuff to squee over!!

im so psyched about season 4!!!
                    Go for S4!!!!!

Originally posted by Salty View Post
                    Oh, I forgot to post about my whumpilicious dream last night!!! I watched the whump scenes from Submersion last night and that must've done it!! I had a dream where Shep and Kolya are trapped together, like down in a cave, only Shep was all wet like in Submersion. Shep is hurt and barely conscious - maybe Kolya and he were fighting - but he has to rely on Kolya and Kolya has to rely on the team to get them both out.
                    Sadly, I didn't get to finish the dream Darn alarm clock!
                    *coughficcough* any takers?

Originally posted by mckaychick View Post
                    who does like doctors?
                    I like doctors...especially when I'm not the patient. which these days is way to often.

Yup, and I leave to camping for four days in this stuff too. *sigh* At least there is lake for everyone else to swim in to help cool down.

Damn, I'm gonna miss Vengeance Friday night. Is it a good episode? Is there whump? I don't remember if I saw this one.
                    Loved Vengeance!!!! I could record a copy for you and give it to you next week. Let me know. (I only have a tape though...hangs head in shame )

Originally posted by caty View Post
                    Wohooooo! My DVD's work!! I just had to change the setting on my DVD player (which is weird, cause every other DVD worked), but now I get sound!

SQUEEEEEEEE!

If I get a minute tonight, I'll watch Conversion
                    Squeee!!!! I'm so happy for you Caty that's fantastic news!!!

*wails even more* At this point, I'm hoping he'll just pull the damned thing. Its a back molar that is mostly all filling anyways. No point in saving it I don't think.

Maybe I should bring my whump pillow for comfort...

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...sheppillow.jpg
                    Gee where did you buy that pillow and I want one. I love it. It's great!

Originally posted by Cookiemaster View Post
                    Hi to all!
                    I finally make it over here... I usually hang around in the thunk thread, in this one I was just lurking around until now...

Congrats to Ali for the job and to all the milestoners...

And I just wish all luck to the tooth-ill persons here... oh my god I'm so afraid of dentists... *shivers*

maybe all this is a kind of revenge for all the whumping? *looks around frightened*
                    Welcome to the whump thread Cookiemaster....of course you know it's going to really hard not to say Cookiemonster . I will just call you CM if that's OK.

OT... dental appt.....
                    Spoiler:

Ouch!!! Poor GG!!!

Sounds like you had plenty of whump! Hopefully you will feel better soon.

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l228/abracahpocus/Atlantis/Lost%20Boys/t5Fl5Fb614.jpg
                    Wraith Dentist: Open your mouth!!!
                    Shep: I don't think so!

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...ng/102x437.jpg
                    WD: I said OPEN!!

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...tis/Shep16.jpg
                    Shep: I didn't think a little popcorn shell stuck between my teeth would be so painful!
                    Pocus that was hilarious!!!!!!

OMG POCUS!!!!!

Glad to hear you are feeling better GG.
                    Last edited by sherryw; 13 June 2007, 05:07 PM.
                    sigpic

Rotating SIGs by Pegasus_SGA
                    &
                    AVI by *ERIKA*

Comment

I have to share this

OT kid talk
                      Spoiler:
                      Some of the boys at school were playing Star Wars today and they needed my help to solve a dilemma. One of them came and asked me if there was an OB 2 since there was an OB 1. I had to stop choking on my soda before I answered his very serious question. They had already included a R4D4 in their game.

I love my job!
                      That is too cute Pocus!!!
                      sigpic

Rotating SIGs by Pegasus_SGA
                      &
                      AVI by *ERIKA*

Comment

Maybe I should bring my whump pillow for comfort...

Love the bullet hole!!

Oh!!! sounds good. Even if there isn't lots of whump.
                        Slight whump is better than none, and any Shep is good!! Especially since we don't know how long we'll all be waiting for new Shep

Originally posted by Cookiemaster View Post
                        Hi to all!
                        I finally make it over here... I usually hang around in the thunk thread, in this one I was just lurking around until now...
                        Hiya Cookiemaster!!! I've seen you while I lurk in the Thunk Thread

And concerning my whumpy Shep and Kolya fic.....

Originally posted by Listy View Post
                        Ok task number one pick up alarm clock and throw out of nearest window.
                        Task number two fic it!!!!!! go on... please.... give it a whirl you know you wanna...I am not above begging
                        I'll beg with you but I ain't a writer!!! So Listy and I are on our knees begging for a fic. I see IWTB has finished hers...I'm sure she's ready to take on another

Have you noticed all the dental ads today on the top of the page?
                        sigpic
                        Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

GG: glad you got that tooth looked at... and RC. (Root Channel) suck too i had plenty of 'em... course i've had teeth extracted as well... so thats not too much fun either... although the novicane is nice... til it wears off then the pain comes back... strong meds are wonderful as well... i've had to go on anti-biotics before i could have some of my teeth removed... one of 'em was absess like really badly too... shesh..

okay sorry got off topic..

congrats to all you milestoners
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Olivia001 View Post
                            Slightly OT
                            Spoiler:
                            Season 3 coming out Sep 18th?!?!
                            Hi Olivia! Where'd you find that out?

I have to share this

OT kid talk
                            Spoiler:

I love my job!
                            OMG!
                            Spoiler:
                            The boys at my work were playing Star Wars too! We had two Obi Wans and two Lukes originally but then somebody mentioned Han Solo and the Fetts so then everybody changed characters.

Comment

Congrats on 10000, CKO!!!!!!
                              That's a biggy!

My DSL keeps dropping out so I may disappear soon!

Comment

thx Lorr
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X