X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bebop View Post
    You asked for it!!!!! Part 10
    Spoiler:
    He could normally handle pain......the everyday sort……sprains, bruises, injuries afflicted during his regular sparring sessions with Teyla, but this was entirely different..this was on a level that he had never experienced, he was struggling to cope. He knew he had a high pain threshold, one that could normally see him through, but the agony travelling up his body from his leg was threatening to overwhelm his senses and it terrified him. He was trembling uncontrollably, he felt ice cold..yet he could feel the sweat dripping off his face and body, soaking through his shirt, cooling against his body almost instantly………he felt unable to cope and as he looked at Teyla, he saw fear register in her eyes as she glanced down to his wounded leg briefly and then back to his face.

“You must lie still John……the others will return soon and I will be able to give you something for the pain”, she tried hard to sound reassuring but he could sense the desperation in her voice, her normal strength replaced with something different, something that he had never heard before.

“I….need to know…..T..Teyla….” his voice was small and weak.

“I nee..d to know about m-my…leg…its……..important….I n-n-need to know!”. He knew he sounded desperate, but there was a growing uncertainty in his mind…..uncertainty about how this would affect his future……his ability to fly….God…if he lost his leg….his life would never be the same…

“Teyla …..please………...tell…. m-me!”

“Your leg has a deep wound John, but I have cleansed it as much as I can and it is now covered…the bones of your leg have been broken by the trap…we will need to splint it, if we can, before we travel back to the jumper...I have done all I can for the time being………….be strong John…..I am here with you…you are not alone”

Teyla leant forward and stroked to the side, a stray hair that had become plastered to his forehead, his normal shock of dark hair now laying unnaturally limp and soaked with sweat. She felt the trembling in his body, weather from cold or shock she wasn’t sure, but it travelled through his body as her hand made contact with his skin.……..skin that felt cold and clammy under her touch. Her fingers drifted down to his neck and she felt for his pulse…..it was racing, but felt so weak. She closed her eyes and placed her hands either side of his face and lowered her head so there was the briefest contact between them, silently praying that her strength could pass to him.

“Be strong John….we will be home soon”
    More please!!

Josie You still having trouble with you connection you go broadband didn't you? is it not good? Am still trying to get broadband sorted think i will be on dial up forever!!!

Comment

It's so bloody annoying, sometimes it'll work fine but at others it just keeps going off every five minutes, the last couple of days it's been really bad.

Comment

Morning whumpers! *waves madly*

Bebop - I don't think anyone minds you posting fic! This thread tends to the fic orientated as well as the whump orientated.
        sigpic
        My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

Originally posted by Lauriel View Post
          Morning whumpers! *waves madly*

Bebop - I don't think anyone minds you posting fic! This thread tends to the fic orientated as well as the whump orientated.
          HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Mean't to ask you where do you post your fics? and under what name?

Not sure if i have read any of them

Got a list of fics to read tonight, I love it can't read enough.

Josie hows Uts coming along?

Comment

Originally posted by Listy View Post
            HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Mean't to ask you where do you post your fics? and under what name?

Not sure if i have read any of them

Got a list of fics to read tonight, I love it can't read enough.

Josie hows Uts coming along?
            Me or Bebop?

Mine's here:
            lj
            ffnet
            sigpic

Comment

Me or Bebop?

Mine's here:
              lj
              ffnet
              LOL - you sorry, wasn't very clear

thanx!!

Comment

Originally posted by Salty View Post
                I was thinking constipation! Should we add that to the list of whump?
                *snicker snort* That could definately be whump of the bad kind.

Originally posted by SGAFan View Post
                well, peeps, Im going to sign off.

RL is whumping me big time. Not sure when I'll be back.

TTYL
                Aw hon..... sosorry to hear that. hope you can find time to get back soon. I miss you!!

Regarding what Travelers could mean...

Spoiler:

OK this is extremely farfetched, but seeing as we are throwing out ideas.....Maybe Shep encounters some Ancienty type people who put him in a trance and he goes on a "journey" whether to find a solution to a problem or to see if he is a worthy ally I don't know. In the process he relives some memories (read real backstory) and gets emotionally whumped. But something happens while in the trance that causes him to be physically injured.

I know... I can only wish. I guess I just see the name of this ep as more of a mind/discovery type ep rather than physical nomad/caravan whatever travel type ep. Does that make sense? Cause I feel like i'm getting confused trying to decipher what I mean.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post

Spoiler:

OK this is extremely farfetched, but seeing as we are throwing out ideas.....Maybe Shep encounters some Ancienty type people who put him in a trance and he goes on a "journey" whether to find a solution to a problem or to see if he is a worthy ally I don't know. In the process he relives some memories (read real backstory) and gets emotionally whumped. But something happens while in the trance that causes him to be physically injured.

I know... I can only wish. I guess I just see the name of this ep as more of a mind/discovery type ep rather than physical nomad/caravan whatever travel type ep. Does that make sense? Cause I feel like i'm getting confused trying to decipher what I mean.
                  That sounds excellent! If TPTB don't cough that up, we might have to spend some time poking you with a sharpened pencil.
                  sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                    He could normally handle pain......the everyday sort……sprains, bruises, injuries afflicted during his regular sparring sessions with Teyla, but this was entirely different..this was on a level that he had never experienced, he was struggling to cope. He knew he had a high pain threshold, one that could normally see him through, but the agony travelling up his body from his leg was threatening to overwhelm his senses and it terrified him. He was trembling uncontrollably, he felt ice cold..yet he could feel the sweat dripping off his face and body, soaking through his shirt, cooling against his body almost instantly………he felt unable to cope and as he looked at Teyla, he saw fear register in her eyes as she glanced down to his wounded leg briefly and then back to his face.

“You must lie still John……the others will return soon and I will be able to give you something for the pain”, she tried hard to sound reassuring but he could sense the desperation in her voice, her normal strength replaced with something different, something that he had never heard before.

“I nee..d to know about m-my…leg…its……..important….I n-n-need to know!”. He knew he sounded desperate, but there was a growing uncertainty in his mind…..uncertainty about how this would affect his future……his ability to fly….God…if he lost his leg….his life would never be the same…

“Your leg has a deep wound John, but I have cleansed it as much as I can and it is now covered…the bones of your leg have been broken by the trap…we will need to splint it, if we can, before we travel back to the jumper...I have done all I can for the time being………….be strong John…..I am here with you…you are not alone”

Teyla leant forward and stroked to the side, a stray hair that had become plastered to his forehead, his normal shock of dark hair now laying unnaturally limp and soaked with sweat. She felt the trembling in his body, weather from cold or shock she wasn’t sure, but it travelled through his body as her hand made contact with his skin.……..skin that felt cold and clammy under her touch. Her fingers drifted down to his neck and she felt for his pulse…..it was racing, but felt so weak. She closed her eyes and placed her hands either side of his face and lowered her head so there was the briefest contact between them, silently praying that her strength could pass to him.

Yippee!! *runs off to read*

That was great! Keep going.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Luciana
                    My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Spoiler:

I like the way you have gone with this one, I guess I didn't think about it that way I went straight for the physical and began getting squee, rather than mind, but that could be a really good slant on it.

Lauriel just checked the links thanks I have read one of your fics - A day in the life, and loved it gonna go read more

Comment

Spoiler:

It just keeps getting better and better! I'm anxious to see what happens, but at the same time I don't want it to end.

Originally posted by Josie View Post
                        Argh! Stupid stupid connection isn't working. If I keep disappearing you know why.
                        Sorry you're having problems with it. Technology likes to whump us all.

Me or Bebop?

Mine's here:
                        lj
                        ffnet
                        *gasp* there's a few of your fics there that I haven't read yet! I may be busy for a while

Comment

OT RANT!

Spoiler:
                          so I didn’t get the job I wanted, which okay I was disappointed about. But it wouldn’t have bugged me at all if they hadn’t already phoned my boss in December and say I was the one they were giving it to. Now I find out, they gave it to a person who isn’t as nearly qualified as I am and has five years less seniority, because she scored ½ a mark higher on the interview then I did! What totally crap! And I went to the union and they won’t do anything about it cause she scored legitimately higher on the interview then I did. To top it off I am the supervisor to the girl that got the job and everyone is always coming to me to tell me what a crap job she is doing and about how much she is slacking off. Grrrr
                          Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                          ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                          Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Its sooooo quiet in here. I am off to read some fics before I go to sleep - I am shattered!!!

TTFN

Paris That is awful, I always find the interview/hiring policies stupid, if you have an off interview or someone else blags it then they hire them rather than the person who could actually do the job better, all on a half hour interview, its so unfair. I feel for you hunny

Comment

Originally posted by Salty View Post
                              I was thinking constipation! Should we add that to the list of whump?
                              Ouch, poor Sheppy. Joe did say in the Siege I commentary that he looked constipated, so it's quite possible poor Shep could suffer!!! All those stunnings could play havoc on the old disgestive system...

Originally posted by Josie View Post
                              Hey all!

I think that's a whump too far.

As for Travellers...
                              Spoiler:
                              ...I think it'll prove to be something a bit more..."mystical".
                              Ooh, I like the sound of that!
                              Originally posted by Tristen View Post
                              Ooooohhh!!! Sounds good, Ali! Definitely looking forward to updates!

Oh yes, I'd like that! Or
                              Spoiler:
                              beat up in front of his team during some kind of huge fight, and then the 'travellers' are about to take Sheppy with them, with the team powerless to stop them!
                              LOL!

Ah well, as long as Shep gets whumped, I'll be happy

X Tristen
                              Sounds good!
                              Spoiler:

*Whimper* More please!!!

*snicker snort* That could definately be whump of the bad kind.

Aw hon..... sosorry to hear that. hope you can find time to get back soon. I miss you!!

Spoiler:

Now I'd like to see that! Sounds wonderful!!!

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                              OT RANT!

Spoiler:
                              so I didn’t get the job I wanted, which okay I was disappointed about. But it wouldn’t have bugged me at all if they hadn’t already phoned my boss in December and say I was the one they were giving it to. Now I find out, they gave it to a person who isn’t as nearly qualified as I am and has five years less seniority, because she scored ½ a mark higher on the interview then I did! What totally crap! And I went to the union and they won’t do anything about it cause she scored legitimately higher on the interview then I did. To top it off I am the supervisor to the girl that got the job and everyone is always coming to me to tell me what a crap job she is doing and about how much she is slacking off. Grrrr
                              Hugs, Paris. That's just not fair! Growl!!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                                OT RANT!

Spoiler:
                                Oh, Paris. So sorry.
                                sigpic
                                Sig by Luciana
                                My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Working...
                                X