X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
    Well, for me :
    Spoiler:
    I enjoyed Shep's interaction with the new Colonel - Ellis. They're going to have a great relationship, I think. Shep obviously respects him and Ellis respects Shep right back. Those scenes were great, IMO. Shep helped come up with the plan to fly the city, and had some good moments with McKay. The Fantastic Four scene with Ronon and Teyla was adorable! Loved it and just squeed. The ending was good too. Shep looked all angsty and concerned, and for the moment, he's in charge!!!
    Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Super cool, Linzi!!!!!

Spoiler:
      Shep's in charge. I never thought this would ever happen. I thought they put new colonel or somebody else in charge when Weir went down. So cool!!!!!! So Shep helped come up with the plan. How?

I'm already in love with this episode....
      Awesome sig made by *E*K*R*. Thanks!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sheppard's Delight View Post
        It is awesome that we can end the season on a big squeeeeeee!!!!
        Sure is! Unfortunately that means I'm on hyper for the wait. The wait would be so much easier with less squee. *facepalm*

Anyway - I'm outta here. Good night guys! Have fun whumping! (And thunking and spoilering and squeeing. )
        sigpic
        My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantean_Fan View Post
          Super cool, Linzi!!!!!

Spoiler:
          Shep's in charge. I never thought this would ever happen. I thought they put new colonel or somebody else in charge when Weir went down. So cool!!!!!! So Shep helped come up with the plan. How?

I'm already in love with this episode....
          Well,
          Spoiler:
          Shep and McKay sort fo got the idea from Zelenka. He said that the Asuran beam would get the city anywhere on the planet, and both Shep and McKay got the old light bulb look on their faces at the same time. They then babbled and Zelenka had no idea what they were talking about. Basically McKay and Shep came up with the idea to fly the city away, and Shep came up with the idea to boost the power from the undersea drilling platform geo-thermal energy device. It was so cool!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lauriel View Post
            Sure is! Unfortunately that means I'm on hyper for the wait. The wait would be so much easier with less squee. *facepalm*

Anyway - I'm outta here. Good night guys! Have fun whumping! (And thunking and spoilering and squeeing. )
            Night, Lauriel. It's school run time for me. So, later whumpers! Squeee!
            sigpic

Comment

*waves* Hi guys!

So, I see squeee LOL.

I enjoyed First Strike *spoilers follow*
              Spoiler:

It was a nice episode, and I think it ended well for a finale. First, I liked Jewel. I think she played the role well and it gives me hope for next season. She looked old enough so no problems with feeling she was too young. She also was funny in asking to be replaced. I still miss Carson but I was worried they wouldn't work her in right and I think they did, so that fear is much eased.

Second, yay, I *like* Ellis. He's a bit of a bad ass and he likes and respects Shep, so that's a huge plus.

Third, the Fantastic Four conversation. Hehehehe.

Rodney and Radek. That was too funny. And the slash comments had me snickering good.

Chuck being called 'Chuck' -- TPTB, sometimes you surprise me. Taking his fandom name and using it was genius. Made me fall a bit back in love with you.

And the last, huge, big DEAL. Shep flying the city. Shep doing his gene thing. This is much MUCH love from me and that fact alone sold the episode and slam dunked it. We got some Shep-Atlantis mojo and that was sweet.

It also made me realize one benefit of losing Carson, and while it's not a trade-off I would've asked or wanted, it does work in this favor. They used to use Carson to run some things in Shep's place. With Carson gone, will that be a factor? Or will they find someone else to do it? Just a thought.

The episode wasn't Siege II, so full of action your head spins, but on the other hand, the atmosphere of this was just really good. And one of the downsides of ending on a Siege II type finale, the season opener can't match that kind of frantic cliffhanger. I'm looking forward to the premiere of season 4 more than any others because they don't have this impossible situation to rush into counteracting. Yes, the situation is dire, but they won't have to waste time, they can just pick up where they left off and go about saving themselves by resolving the situation.

Did anyone else wonder about the Athosians? I wonder if they'll mention them next season. I don't think they were at risk, but it'd be nice to know what they plan on doing about them stranded on the mainland (no other gate on the world is there?)
              sigpic

Comment

You know, it just struck me that the whole opening of First Strike was kind of foreshadowing how the episode was going to end...

Spoiler:
                Dr. Keller is adamant that she doesn't want to be in charge. I imagine Shep may feel kind of the same way when he suddenly finds himself in charge. Though I absolutely know he would never shirk the responsibility...I'm not sure he's too keen on being the leader of a broken-down space city in the middle of nowhere with 24 hours until the shields fail and they all die!

WB

Thanks to blingaway for the shiny new siggie!

Comment

Big freakin' squeeeeeee! I am so happy about all the squeeness coming back!

I am a spoiler junkie and have read all of the above. It's gonna be a long day to wait around. And, i have a meeting tonight, so I have to wait longer (whimper).

Comment

Originally posted by IWantToBelieve View Post
                    *waves* Hi guys!

So, I see squeee LOL.

I enjoyed First Strike *spoilers follow*
                    Spoiler:

It was a nice episode, and I think it ended well for a finale. First, I liked Jewel. I think she played the role well and it gives me hope for next season. She looked old enough so no problems with feeling she was too young. She also was funny in asking to be replaced. I still miss Carson but I was worried they wouldn't work her in right and I think they did, so that fear is much eased.

Second, yay, I *like* Ellis. He's a bit of a bad ass and he likes and respects Shep, so that's a huge plus.

Third, the Fantastic Four conversation. Hehehehe.

Rodney and Radek. That was too funny. And the slash comments had me snickering good.

Chuck being called 'Chuck' -- TPTB, sometimes you surprise me. Taking his fandom name and using it was genius. Made me fall a bit back in love with you.

And the last, huge, big DEAL. Shep flying the city. Shep doing his gene thing. This is much MUCH love from me and that fact alone sold the episode and slam dunked it. We got some Shep-Atlantis mojo and that was sweet.

It also made me realize one benefit of losing Carson, and while it's not a trade-off I would've asked or wanted, it does work in this favor. They used to use Carson to run some things in Shep's place. With Carson gone, will that be a factor? Or will they find someone else to do it? Just a thought.

The episode wasn't Siege II, so full of action your head spins, but on the other hand, the atmosphere of this was just really good. And one of the downsides of ending on a Siege II type finale, the season opener can't match that kind of frantic cliffhanger. I'm looking forward to the premiere of season 4 more than any others because they don't have this impossible situation to rush into counteracting. Yes, the situation is dire, but they won't have to waste time, they can just pick up where they left off and go about saving themselves by resolving the situation.

Did anyone else wonder about the Athosians? I wonder if they'll mention them next season. I don't think they were at risk, but it'd be nice to know what they plan on doing about them stranded on the mainland (no other gate on the world is there?)
                    If you notice IWTB...
                    Spoiler:
                    ...they didn't mention the Athosians during Echoes either, they haven't stated it on screen but I'm wondering if the Athosians stayed on the planet that the Ancients relocated them too the one with "their own Stargate".

Comment

Josie, I bet you're right. I hadn't even thought about that, but it makes perfect sense. *spoilers*
                      Spoiler:
                      I don't imagine they'd care to move *yet* again, so they probably just stayed put after Atlantis was back in Earth's control.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IWantToBelieve View Post
                        Josie, I bet you're right. I hadn't even thought about that, but it makes perfect sense. *spoilers*
                        Spoiler:
                        I don't imagine they'd care to move *yet* again, so they probably just stayed put after Atlantis was back in Earth's control.

Waves hello to IWTB

Yes I said the same thing to Linzi - that I thought that
                        Spoiler:
                        they had not returned after The Return but we were not 100% sure. Anyway I am feeling a lot more positive now about s4 - it is good that we seem to be giving a thumbs up to the newbies

Comment

Originally posted by Sheppard's Delight View Post
                          Waves hello to IWTB

Yes I said the same thing to Linzi - that I thought that
                          Spoiler:
                          they had not returned after The Return but we were not 100% sure. Anyway I am feeling a lot more positive now about s4 - it is good that we seem to be giving a thumbs up to the newbies
                          I'm glad that people seem to...
                          Spoiler:
                          ...like Jewel, I was worried that because Carson was so well loved that there'd be a bit of a backlash against her when it's not really her fault and as she has said she's just an actress taking a job.

Comment

I'm bored. Sposed to be doing a translation and I can't face it. And I've gone *really* tired all of a sudden! And I can't read any posts in here cos I'm avoiding the spoilers till I see the ep!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Josie View Post
                              I'm glad that people seem to...
                              Spoiler:
                              ...like Jewel, I was worried that because Carson was so well loved that there'd be a bit of a backlash against her when it's not really her fault and as she has said she's just an actress taking a job.
                              Well I kind of liked the fact that
                              Spoiler:
                              she admitted that she didnt feel that she was experienced enough to be the CMO - but also seemed to be able to take charge and act in a very professional way - so all in all I dont think it will be too bad in s4....now all we need is lots of Shep whump to test her

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                                Well, for me :
                                Spoiler:
                                I enjoyed Shep's interaction with the new Colonel - Ellis. They're going to have a great relationship, I think. Shep obviously respects him and Ellis respects Shep right back. Those scenes were great, IMO. Shep helped come up with the plan to fly the city, and had some good moments with McKay. The Fantastic Four scene with Ronon and Teyla was adorable! Loved it and just squeed. The ending was good too. Shep looked all angsty and concerned, and for the moment, he's in charge!!!
                                Spoiler:
                                oh, that's great news. I've often thought that it would be a very nice touch if there was a superior officer around that John respected enough to maybe show a little of the uncertainty that he must sometimes feel. It's not as if he'll do it around or with people for whom he has to be strong. Or with someone who might have the experience and been there-done that advice to offer but who isn't too subtle about thinking that he should have Sheppard's job. Although I think that did improve a bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X