John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Josie View Post
    All this talk kind of makes me want to go. I could, afford to put it on my credit card and I could probably afford to book the hotel if I didn't have to do it for a couple of months and the train fare probably wouldn't be too much.

I'm just way too practical, I don't do rash and impulsive.
    i dont do rash and impulsive either! heck it takes me hours to decide whether i want to buy a song on itunes or not!!! and thats 79p ffs!!!

Originally posted by Listy View Post
    Believe me Josie, I am in no way every rash or impulsive (this has got to be the first time i have been like this). I can't afford it but have a year to save. Everyone seemed to have such a good time at P2 I want to be part of it.

My only problem, is I am very shy, I won't know anyone and will be in a strange place all on my own, something which is way outside of my comfort zone, but have decided if i want anything in life, i have to go get it and so have bought a ticket.

Will worry about train/plane fair and hotel when it comes along and if it gets to next year and I don't have the confidence to go then its my own fault and will have wasted my own money nothing that will affect anyone but me
    im really shy too...not like i am on here!! im sure you wont be alone though, you can meet up with ppl on here....although for me that would still be equally as nervewracking meeting all of you!!
    Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
    Ack! I would love to go but dare not purchase a ticket especially if there is no confirmation of JF being there. So if you don't get one of the first 300 tixs, your basically sh*t outta luck to meet the actors?
    yeh if i wanted to go definatley and if i could i would book but only if JF was definately confirmed, as much as i love the other characters it wouldnt be the same, and for so much money it would have to be for someone i really really really wanted to see...that would be JF! cos im so shy i wouldnt mind as much if i didnt get to do the meet and greet but then the ticket prices go up after the first 300 which would annoy me even more!!

SIG BY MY SISTER OBSESSED1! WHEN SHEP GOES WHUMP I GO THUNK! My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
      Hope everyone who went to the con had a great time and hopefully I'll get a chance to meet some more of you *waves at Ali*.
      *waves to Pegasus_SGA*

Was lovely to meet you hon! Wish I'd had chance to see more of you.. I bumped into your friends in the dealer room at one point...
      sigpic

Comment

I really don't know, it seems like a lot of money and the thing is I really don't care about autographs and photo ops. I wouldn't want my photograph taken with anyone, not even Joe, and what do you do with autographs? My main reason for coming would be to meet you guys.
        You dont have to get photos done- and of you dont want the autographs - dont bother to queue up for them.

Quick question, what happens in the meet and greet? do you literally get to chat to the peeps? Read Ali's rep on P2 is that what she meant when she was sat in groups at table?
        Well it is in the main hall (where the talks take place) and there are large round tables- like you would get at a wedding- you can sit where you want (about 8 fit around each table). The guests are introduced and they are sent to a table (each one is numbered) they stay a while and then move to the next one until the guests have been round to each table- it takes a couple of hours and is held on the Friday evening. They stay a few minutes and you can say whatever you want to them.

Comment

P.S. I've broached the subject with hubby of him paying for ticket and me paying him back next month..

P.P.S. Josie - half of the fun is definitely meeting the other whumpers. I feel like I look utterly horrible in photos atm but both at Expo and P2 I went ahead and got some taken anyway cos it is a nice momento of the event and - I know this sounds really silly - but is kinda "proof" that you really met these people and it really happened!
          sigpic

Comment

You can find the 101 Ways To Whump John Sheppard at my LJ We had much fun compiling it.
            Thanks hon that's a whumpers dream list and the great thing is i've read some of those in fanfic shame we can't get half of them on screen...

But then didn't JM say in his blog that he was

Spoiler:
            gonna whump Shep in Travelers...squee

squeeeeeeeee

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
              *waves to Pegasus_SGA*

Was lovely to meet you hon! Wish I'd had chance to see more of you.. I bumped into your friends in the dealer room at one point...
              Just being nosey whats a dealer room?

Comment

Thanks hon that's a whumpers dream list and the great thing is i've read some of those in fanfic shame we can't get half of them on screen...

But then didn't JM say in his blog that he was

Spoiler:
                gonna whump Shep in Travelers...squee

squeeeeeeeee

Woo hoo!!!!! Yes he did!!!!

Comment

*waves to Pegasus_SGA*

I know it was manic and you were in squee mode *giggles* It's a shame we didn't get to chat more, but i'm sure at the next con i'll get a chance to say hi to everyone and if JF does turn up, you'll find me hyperventilating in a corner, lol.

Comment

I know it was manic and you were in squee mode *giggles* It's a shame we didn't get to chat more, but i'm sure at the next con i'll get a chance to say hi to everyone and if JF does turn up, you'll find me hyperventilating in a corner, lol.
                    I think if JF does show there will be lots of people in the corner hyperventilating - at least I will know where to look for people i have talked to on here

Comment

Just being nosey whats a dealer room?
                      At cons they have a room that is kinda like a shop/market place where a load of "dealers" selling the kind of merchandise that con-goers might like to buy (everything from t-shirts to jewellery, to Stargate figurines, to photos/autographs and trading cards, to replica weapons and uniforms etc!) set up tables to sell their wares.

I was a bit squeeful at the time, wasn't I?! I can't even remember why!
                      sigpic

Comment

Cool, will have to start saving, there will be lots of things i need

I am very excited!!! can' believe i have to wait a year though!!

So if you broached the subject with hubby about the ticket did he seem positive about it?

Ok I am out of here for a while my hangover is starting to go away think i can face some food now

See ya!!

Comment

Roo - How's your brother doing?
                          He's doing fine thanks. He made it though the op and is still recovering, itll take him a while before hes back at work but he made it through and hes back to his happy self. I cant wait til i can next see him but i dont know when that'll be, ive never been a touchy feely person when it comes to my brothers but i just want to give him a biiiig hug from me!!
                          You can find the 101 Ways To Whump John Sheppard at my LJ We had much fun compiling it.
                          oh yeh that was so much fun!!!!!! we need to do it again sometime...101 more ways to whump sheppy!!!LOL

SIG BY MY SISTER OBSESSED1! WHEN SHEP GOES WHUMP I GO THUNK! My LJ

Comment

So if you broached the subject with hubby about the ticket did he seem positive about it?
                            He's just gotten up from the computer and said, "I suppose you want my credit card, then?"
                            sigpic

Comment

Eeep. I want my ticket but I can't afford it till payday! I hope I get in the first 300 still!

Wonder if I can get hubby to pay for me with credit card and I'll pay him back?....

Maybe you can offer him favors to pay with the credit card

I had such a weird and icky con dream last night - I dreamt me and my bud were at the NJ con, we were sitting at a table all the way in the back, and we had no clue who the guests were. Then we got to see all the guests walk in and we didn't recognize anyone! Oh, and before that, Brian (the Creation guy) stood up and asked where me and my bud were and told us we couldn't get up on stage, and then he proceeded to show merchandise that could be purchased. Very weird!
                              sigpic
                              Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Sheppard's Delight View Post
                                Woo hoo!!!!! Yes he did!!!!
                                hehehe
                                Spoiler:
                                maybe we should send him the list of how we want Shep whumped, lol. I think they're still writing it aren't they?

I think if JF does show there will be lots of people in the corner hyperventilating - at least I will know where to look for people i have talked to on here
                                Hehehe can you imagine it, poor Joe, lol. It'll be nice meeting you all next year and from what i heard JF would love to come back to the UK cons he apparently had a blast last time.

At cons they have a room that is kinda like a shop/market place where a load of "dealers" selling the kind of merchandise that con-goers might like to buy (everything from t-shirts to jewellery, to Stargate figurines, to photos/autographs and trading cards, to replica weapons and uniforms etc!) set up tables to sell their wares.

I was a bit squeeful at the time, wasn't I?! I can't even remember why!
                                I was quite good at the dealers room, only bought a couple of Shep whump pixs hehehe. Spent a small fortune on photo's lol. You'd just come out of the meet and greet and were all excited I was determined this time to get a ticket under 300 just in case, lol.

Originally posted by Rootortoise View Post
                                He's doing fine thanks. He made it though the op and is still recovering, itll take him a while before hes back at work but he made it through and hes back to his happy self. I cant wait til i can next see him but i dont know when that'll be, ive never been a touchy feely person when it comes to my brothers but i just want to give him a biiiig hug from me!!

oh yeh that was so much fun!!!!!! we need to do it again sometime...101 more ways to whump sheppy!!!LOL
                                I'm glad to see he's doing better, finally the NHS got something right, lol...eventually. I bet you and your family are releaved that's its over and done with

I read the list and thought it's definately our wish list

Comment

Working...
                                X