John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zelazny
    They hook a wire to the back of a vest and jerk the actor(or stunt double) back when qued, don't they? I think I heard that on one of the commentaries for SG-1. I believe it was Teal'c that took the smack into the shield.(Ep-Window of Opportunity??)
    Owwwwww...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
    "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Originally posted by knocknashee
      Owwwwww...
      Can you say "Whip-lash?"
      Zelazny, FBI~Undercover Division

Comment

Can you say "Whip-lash?"
        {Groan}

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
        "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Can you say "Whip-lash?"
          lol....

Whip-lash ....lol

Comment

Can you say "Whip-lash?"
            Poor Joe... he needs a nice neck rub. I'm willing to do this.

Comment

Originally posted by knocknashee
              That whump always seems like a bit of a blooper to me...because he seems to fall back before he hits the shield...
              God I've watched that a gazillion times. I thought he looked just right, and the way he fell was perfect. Bet he lost his breath. His feet just slid right out from under him and bam on his back he went. LOL

Stupid sand. LOL
              ::huggles Shep::

Comment

Originally posted by Merentha
                Me too...

Comment

Originally posted by Merentha
                  *sets a place for you to do it* this way

Comment

OMG!! i've never seen this thread so busy

i loved the shep whump in defiant one!! i didn't remember the, er, "whiplash" scene though

Comment

Originally posted by emily_reich
                      i didn't remember the, er, "whiplash" scene though
                      This'll jog your memory:

The flash bam SMACK!

And the flat on the back.

Zelazny, FBI~Undercover Division

Comment

awww!!! poor shep!!! i think i'll just have to go give him a hug for that one!!

Comment

i know!! me too!! it won't let me give anymore

but yes indeedles love the shep whump

Comment

As much as The Defiant One was an awesome ep it fell short in the lasting effects category -

1. a bullet in the arm - no big deal Shep barely gave it a second thought after he spins around and rolls down the hill

2. thrown back by the shield - Shep gets up and runs back for cover, no after effects.

3. thrown what? twice by the Wraith through the air - bounces back up, ok, one time a little slowly

It DID give us dirty and tired Shep but I wanted more!! More, more, more! At least a little stumble at the end as he and Rodney head back to the jumper.

Now - 38 MINUTES - there was lasting effects! Pain, discomfort, concern from his team, despair, we even got bare chest and death! Ok, not that I want Shep death but if I KNOW he won't actually die, I'm ok with it. And an infirmary scene to boot!
                            sigpic
                            Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

yes!! i totally agree!! well, on defiant one anyway... *still haven't seen 38 minutes *

it gave us great whump, but because it all just kinda went away as soon as it happened, it's definately not one of my faves... if he'd shown he was in pain throughout... or more bleeding maybe... or more stumbling around... or even more pain in his eyes... it would be amazing... but it fell short...

still gave some fun whump though, and i still wanna go give him a hug

Comment

Originally posted by emily_reich
                                yes!! i totally agree!! well, on defiant one anyway... *still haven't seen 38 minutes *

We gotta get you a copy!!! Ok, I'm gonna play with my DVR and figure out how to copy from tape to DVD and send you a copy. It ain't on SciFi's rerun schedule so you won't be seeing it that way!
                                sigpic
                                Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

Working...
                                X