John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freyja
    I hope you received my next review Ali, sometimes I've problems with that on FF.net
    Concerning my own fics: I think reading English is easier for you, so don't read "Whisper". This is the fic I'm translating into English at the moment (thanks to CeeKay here ) and I'll just finish it in English, not in German, that's too much work. So in a few weeks "Whisper" will be online in English and I want to post new chapter then very fast

GREAT pic btw *dead*
    Hey, if you want any extra help on translating your fic, or helping to polish up the English, then just let me know. I studied Modern Languages at University and I currently do a certain amount of translating in my job.. and - please don't think I'm boasting - I'm very good at English grammar and spelling etc. I'd be more than happy to help...
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps
      Hey, if you want any extra help on translating your fic, or helping to polish up the English, then just let me know. I studied Modern Languages at University and I currently do a certain amount of translating in my job.. and - please don't think I'm boasting - I'm very good at English grammar and spelling etc. I'd be more than happy to help...
      Oh, really? Thank you! *hugs*
      I'll send you a PM soon, I've a few problems with translating some expressions. I'm very glad that you want to help me
      Ich wusste gar nicht, dass du Deutsch sprichst... Du kommst aber ursprünglich aus England, oder?

Comment

Originally posted by knocknashee
        Linzi, Ali...great adds. Damn, that was good whump - definitely a fix for this here addict...

*coughs* Sheppard_HC *cough*
        I feel incredibly guilty about neglecting Sheppard_HC! Tell me what to do, and I'll get at it...so to speak. Should have loads of time this weekend,as hubby is away on a golf holiday - so lots of uninterrupted net time! Ok, forgot about the kids, erm, loads of nearly uninterrupted net time!
        sigpic

Comment

Ich wusste gar nicht, dass du Deutsch sprichst... Du kommst aber ursprünglich aus England, oder?
          Na ja, dass ist warum Ich interessiert mich deine Geschichte auf Deutsch zu lesen! Ich stamm aus Wales ursprünglich und wohne jetzt in England. Ich studierte Deutsch und Französich in der Schule und beim Universität und Ich wohnte für sechs Monaten (vor 10 Jahren jetzt!) in Hamburg. In meinem Beruf jetzt benutze Ich English, Deutsch und Französich.

Leider ist mein geschriebenes Deutsch nicht so gut als mein gesprochenes Deutsch - Ich habe immer Probleme mich daran zu erinnern was für Adjektivendung zu benutzen!

Aber es ist immer besser/einfacher aus der Fremdsprache in der Müttersprache zu ubersetzen - also aus dem Deutch ins Englisch ist für mich kein Problem. Wenn Ich helfen kann dann sag mir!

(Also, wie viel Fehler habe Ich gerade gemacht? )
          sigpic

Comment

Na ja, dass ist warum Ich interessiert mich deine Geschichte auf Deutsch zu lesen! Ich stamm aus Wales ursprünglich und wohne jetzt in England. Ich studierte Deutsch und Französich in der Schule und beim Universität und Ich wohnte für sechs Monaten (vor 10 Jahren jetzt!) in Hamburg. In meinem Beruf jetzt benutze Ich English, Deutsch und Französich.

Leider ist mein geschriebenes Deutsch nicht so gut als mein gesprochenes Deutsch - Ich habe immer Probleme mich daran zu erinnern was für Adjektivendung zu benutzen!

Aber es ist immer besser/einfacher aus der Fremdsprache in der Müttersprache zu ubersetzen - also aus dem Deutch ins Englisch ist für mich kein Problem. Wenn Ich helfen kann dann sag mir!

Not too many... I have loads of respect for anybody who wants to learn German, it's a difficult language (hell, I still have problems with it and I am German) and not very pretty, I've been told.
            BUT I want to keep this in English so others won't be offended or feel left out.

Anyway, love love love your fic (figures )
            *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi
              I feel incredibly guilty about neglecting Sheppard_HC! Tell me what to do, and I'll get at it...so to speak. Should have loads of time this weekend,as hubby is away on a golf holiday - so lots of uninterrupted net time! Ok, forgot about the kids, erm, loads of nearly uninterrupted net time!
              Right...basically you go to the profile page and there is a row of six buttons...second one is a pencil, which is the 'New Post' one. You then get a screen where you can basically put the title and body of your post. In the profile page, there is a outline of what info you should include - though I've realised I've forgotten a few things.

Some people choose to post their fic body once, usually at their personal journal, or a fictional archive comm and sometimes on sites like FF and Wraithbait. Then they link it in with a fake cut...everyone has a preference...

I'll be able to show you better when we are both on MSN...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
              "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Hey that wasn't so bad at all! caty is right, German is a really difficult language and I have much respect of people who learn it.
                And you speak French? That's nice! Je parle cette langue aussi - Mais pas trés bien
                Back to my fics - I'd love to see what you think about my humour McKay-fic. Sadly I didn't get any reviews so I absolutely don't know what people think about it

Well, that's all OT, let's get back on topic

Beanie, thanks for the note, I'll go later to the community and read the Fanfiction there.

Comment

Originally posted by caty
                  Not too many... I have loads of respect for anybody who wants to learn German, it's a difficult language (hell, I still have problems with it and I am German) and not very pretty, I've been told.
                  BUT I want to keep this in English so others won't be offended or feel left out.

Anyway, love love love your fic (figures )
                  I do enjoy German as a language and I personally think it sounds lovely, perhaps not as "musical" as French but it does have a nice sound to it when fluent. I have to agree though that German is kinda difficult to learn - but really only because the grammar can be so complicated! Three genders, modal verbs, adjective endings that change depending on the gender, the case etc etc. It's just an awful lot to keep track off and sadly I keep forgetting the rules!
                  sigpic

Comment

Beanie, thanks for the note, I'll go later to the community and read the Fanfiction there.
                    Read what? That was why I was poking the members of this here thread who are also members of the comm to post some...Mel posted one, if you haven't read it already...

I have one, but it's nothing that most of this thread hasn't read already - an impetus to work on more whump me thinks...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                    "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Hey that wasn't so bad at all! caty is right, German is a really difficult language and I have much respect of people who learn it.
                      And you speak French? That's nice! Je parle cette langue aussi - Mais pas trés bien
                      Back to my fics - I'd love to see what you think about my humour McKay-fic. Sadly I didn't get any reviews so I absolutely don't know what people think about it
                      Ma français est beaucoup mieux que mon allemand - pour le plupart parce que je l'utilise plus. Au mon travail nous venons d'ouvrir un nouveau bureau à Strasbourg donc pendant les dernières plusieurs mois j'ai parlé beaucoup de français!!

I was making and receiving so many phone calls in French that one day I lost the plot completely and answered my phone in French! Whoops! It was the receptionist calling to ask if I had any post! She laughed for a looooong time..

Don't worry - I will review your fic when I get chance to read it! I try my hardest to leave reviews for everything I read cos sooo many people don't and it's so frustrating to see the hit count climbing but no-one giving any feedback.

Anyway... topic? Ah yes...

*whump*
                      sigpic

Comment

I did 'A' level German in the sixth form at school, and though I went on to study Music at Uni, I'm chuffed to say I just understood every word you just wrote! German is a wonderful language, isn't it?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by knocknashee
                          Right...basically you go to the profile page and there is a row of six buttons...second one is a pencil, which is the 'New Post' one. You then get a screen where you can basically put the title and body of your post. In the profile page, there is a outline of what info you should include - though I've realised I've forgotten a few things.

Some people choose to post their fic body once, usually at their personal journal, or a fictional archive comm and sometimes on sites like FF and Wraithbait. Then they link it in with a fake cut...everyone has a preference...

I'll be able to show you better when we are both on MSN...
                          Yep, I'm going to need a chat on msn to understand what you're talking about! As I'm clueless, as usual!
                          sigpic

Comment

I did 'A' level German in the sixth form at school, and though I went on to study Music at Uni, I'm chuffed to say I just understood every word you just wrote! German is a wonderful language, isn't it?
                            It's odd how it comes back to you isn't it? I do really enjoy German as a language - It's not as fluent as it once was but I do okay with it. And I loved living in Germany and speaking it every day... Hamburg is fab!

So anyway Linz, when can we expect your next chapter, eh?
                            sigpic

Comment

Well, I got as far as GCSE level German and have now forgotten most of it!!

I did recognise the words 'England' and 'Wales' though!!

Wish I could learn languages...I'm hopeless at it!!! German is great and I love French to *sigh* so romantic. *wants to hear JF talking French....very much*!!

Comment

Originally posted by Elinor
                                Well, I got as far as GCSE level German and have now forgotten most of it!!

I did recognise the words 'England' and 'Wales' though!!

Wish I could learn languages...I'm hopeless at it!!! German is great and I love French to *sigh* so romantic. *wants to hear JF talking French....very much*!!
                                OMG *swoon* :: Desperately wants to hear JF speaking French!! ::

Anyone know what gender "whump" is in French?

Vive le whump!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X