John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*waves* Hi everyone!!!! I'm home!

Grocery shopping for 4 boys = bankruptcy.

Just sayin'...
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IWantToBelieve

Just sayin'...
      Well, I had to buy Jamie a new suit, 4 shirts, socks, new shoes, tie, new trousers/pants AND pay to have them altered coz he's so skinny! All for school next week!!!!!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Josie
        Don't worry about appearing stupid we're all friends here and no one is going to laugh at anyone for asking a question. And if GG teases you too much we'll just threaten to deprive her of whump.

What's the problem you're having, if I knew the problem I'd be more than happy to PM you the solution.

Pleasse...don't take my whump away...I'll just die!!! I'll try to be kind of good. But really, trouble finds me, I don't go and look for it.......
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rootortoise
          yeh i like the comfort afterwards which is sadly missing a lot of the time!

thats why 38 mins is still my ultimate shep whump episode because u get the infirmary scene at the end with all his team and elizabeth all glad hes ok..even the bit before that where we see everyones reactions to him getting recusitated by the med team..seeing everyones worry and the relief when his heart gets beating again....ahhh...see all that is wonderful follow up from all the whump he received in that ep!

But it's not just the comfort I'm looking for. I want that arm gun shot wound to be followed by at least more than one wince, and then some effect from the loss of blood, and then maybe banging said wound on something to which he passes out from pain, or at least stumbles from loss of blood, or needs to be helped along by a teammate. Look at Rodney -
          Spoiler:
          he gets an arrow in the butt and Shep has to help him run to the gate.
          Shep's whump needs to be such that he needs help from his team in the field - a la fanfic!
          sigpic
          Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

Oh, Linzi, I'm laughing! Ben asked for a suit and I was like, "NO!" He doesn't need one, but yet, he'd like to be the best dressed eight year old on the street.
            sigpic

Comment

Just sayin'...

I actually had groceries delivered last week!!! My son had his tonsils removed and I couldn't go out shopping - I saved so much money just picking out items online and not impulse shopping!
              sigpic
              Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

Originally posted by obsessed1
                GG i've had some duck and pancakes.....yummy takeaway....mm.....headache has receeded slightly....awaiting a cup of tea, got a mars bar on stand by and im going to read through my fic again and then try and get up for you......
                Getting it up for me??? *not so pleasant thoughts...*

Oh, you mean posting the story!!! SQUEE!!!!
                *Hmm...note to self...excessive prodding works!!*
                sigpic

Comment

Ha, well as long as we are stationed in electronically challenged Sumter, that's not an option. Besides, I had my little list with menu items all planned out. Where I failed was I let my 13 yr old bottomless pit...errr...teenager...come with me.

"Mom, can we get this?" (x 20)

::sigh::

Well, really, he's better then the other three. At least a good portion of what he asks for were things like cucumbers and broccolli. But then there was the toaster struedel, the chocolate chip waffles (no, and no)...
                  sigpic

Comment

Oh, Linzi, I'm laughing! Ben asked for a suit and I was like, "NO!" He doesn't need one, but yet, he'd like to be the best dressed eight year old on the street.

OMG! Are our sons twins too??? Girl, I really think we are long lost siblings...

My son absolutely loves the button down shirt and tie look. I think I spend more money on ties for him, than anything else! (He just turned eight too....)

Who thought the kids of the whumpers could be such sharp dressers!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Salty
                      But it's not just the comfort I'm looking for. I want that arm gun shot wound to be followed by at least more than one wince, and then some effect from the loss of blood, and then maybe banging said wound on something to which he passes out from pain, or at least stumbles from loss of blood, or needs to be helped along by a teammate. Look at Rodney -
                      Spoiler:
                      he gets an arrow in the butt and Shep has to help him run to the gate.
                      Shep's whump needs to be such that he needs help from his team in the field - a la fanfic!
                      Oh I agree. I want Sheppy blood and groans and stumbling. When you get injured it damn well hurts, doesn't matter how high your pain threshold is...swoon...sorry, whenever I hear that I get all faint. I want another infirmary scene too. All tense and frantic!
                      sigpic

Comment

Awww, how cute would he have looked though!!!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek
                          Getting it up for me??? *not so pleasant thoughts...*

Oh, you mean posting the story!!! SQUEE!!!!
                          *Hmm...note to self...excessive prodding works!!*

GUTTER GUTTER GUTTER.........

Comment

Yeah I agree... a little more whumpage.. groaning, limping, having the med team help him.. having a teammate help carry him to the gate and through it..
                            That would be nice

By Kidwizz

By JessM

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi
                              Oh I agree. I want Sheppy blood and groans and stumbling. When you get injured it damn well hurts, doesn't matter how high your pain threshold is...swoon...sorry, whenever I hear that I get all faint. I want another infirmary scene too. All tense and frantic!
                              TDO could have done with a....gets back to Atlantis....ELizabeth "Oh you're always getting into trouble etc etc" and then.....faints from injuries blood loss infection etc....rsuhed to infirmary.........

or on the way back to the jumper with Rodney a..."I'm fine" stumbles, faints in pain....then Rodney makes some snarky comment about 'I always have to save you' or some such.

same in 38mins...i love that there is an infirmary scene. but if he was lying down in bed looking a bit more fragile or him waking up onm the floor of the jumoer etc........that always peeved me actually. When they do the defib and after Beckett says 'hes going to be okay' they just leave him!!! work people, give him some oxygen or something

Comment

GG!!!! How funny!!!

He finally outgrew his other dress shirt and tie, he had an actual suit but he outgrew that a couple of years ago. I thought it was just a novelty with him! He's hilarious. The other boys could care less what they wear but OMG, he's all 'do these shoes look good with this?' and then he hums and haws over clothes when I take him with me. He's hilarious how he tells me whatever I picked wasn't good enough. He's super polite. "Well..." pauses and kind of looks at it with polite disinterest..."that's not really my..." fishes for the word..."style."

Doh!

As for the whumping, I agree, Shep does get whumpy stuff frequently, we just don't get the OMG, I'm WHUMPED moments. The GSW in TDO he wrapped and went on. Broken ribs, he did breathe husky at the end, so there was that...but okay, it would've been cool if we could've had some more manly wincing. The GSW in The Long Goodbye...pointless, completely pointless. If there's gonna be whump, there's a reason for it. That did nothing and he never paid attention to it and then at the end in the infirmary, it's like it never existed. That one was just completely bizarre. He needs a leg injury. Where he has to limp around. 38 mins rocked because he was completely down for the count so there was no 'brushing it off' in that episode, plus it was from the beginning on to the end. Very good whump there!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X