• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'cos it's Lizzie + civvies + coffee:
    = *THUD*

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
      Wow, you guys really have me biting my tongue. I think some people in here to lighten up

I wasn't suggesting that TH displayed 'unsocial behaviour' or was 'uneducated' (gross generalisations, anyway), merely that I could imagine her wearing the typical 'chav clothes'. It was a comment made in jest.
      When you think about it, as an actor, she should be able to be convincing in all types of clothing, all types of classes, all types of eras. I could absolutely see Torri in a period drama, for example. You know, the way Gillian Anderson did House of Mirth. Gillian's an example of a person who's played all classes of people. Torri could do the same thing.

BTW, not everyone here is well off. Just because someone has less money, or grew up in a lower socio-economic environment than you did, doesn't make their contribution to the world any less. My mother spent several years of her childhood in a foster home. That's not exactly 'desirable' to a lot of people. But she has two university degrees, and speaks six languages. Sally's right to post that quote from Torri. She has a wonderful philosophy on life. We should all be admiring her for that instead of all the drooling over her that goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Zoidberg
        i think i canada their called white trash
        For Australians it would be 'bogan'.

It would be a very, very, very, very different role from Elizabeth Weir. Might be interesting (though probably a little off-putting) to watch. Has any of her previous roles been chav-like?

Comment

Originally posted by Vicky
          Well, it's not everyday she's in Civvies!

I hope she'll be in Civvies more often next year!!

'cos it's Lizzie + civvies + coffee:

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/9076/0149363it.jpg
          Can i confess something? i didn't like that suit , i prefer dark suits, to me light colors don't look all that elegant, and grey suits no matter how well tailored they are look cheap. She looks pretty in it (she always does), but i liked the dark ones she wore on New Order better.

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
            When you think about it, as an actor, she should be able to be convincing in all types of clothing, all types of classes, all types of eras. I could absolutely see Torri in a period drama, for example. You know, the way Gillian Anderson did House of Mirth. Gillian's an example of a person who's played all classes of people. Torri could do the same thing.
            Agreed.

Originally posted by alyssa
            We should all be admiring her for that instead of all the drooling over her that goes on.
            oh, here we go again... Alyssa, instead of complaining about drooling, how 'bout contemplating the fact that perhaps you should have stood up when the mods were making the decision to merge the thunk and appreciation threads. And remember that this is a merged thread.

Yes, Torri has a lovely philosophy on life, and I'm sure all of us do appreciate it, as we appreciate the fact that she is a wonderful actress. But, some of us also appreciate the fact that she's a beautiful woman, as well.

Comment

Lets be nice, okay? Maybe we should make a schedule. Thunking from Monday to Thursday, admiring her abilities and skills from Friday to Sunday or the other way round.
              I prefer Goethe's definition of beauty: a beautiful mind/soul. And Torri definitely is/has one.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jenova Synthesis
                Lets be nice, okay? Maybe we should make a schedule. Thunking from Monday to Thursday, admiring her abilities and skills from Friday to Sunday or the other way round.
                I prefer Goethe's definition of beauty: a beautiful mind/soul. And Torri definitely is/has one.
                You know what? I think that would be a really good idea so then people who don't like to read about all the drooling and everything know when they better not come. I understand it irks some people. So or we do that or we try and put a damper to it. But this still is a funny and silly thread and everyone here appreciates Torri. I think this thread is a way to show what we think about her, is it her soul or body. Everyone is freely to openly express them in any way. Just don't overdo it too much.

Comment

To *thunk* or not to *thunk* .

Comment

i hope i havn't said anything that irks people

*runs away*

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
                      To *thunk* or not to *thunk* .
                      ROFL! Don't punish the horse for your Torri love
                      sigpic

Comment

I don't think torri would aprove of such cruelty

*runs away for good*

Comment

I don't think torri would aprove of such cruelty

*runs away for good*
                          Word.

You can't escape the Torri madness Torritoes?
                          sigpic

Comment

Is there any way to separate the two threads again? Because we certainly can't designate days for one thing and days for the other-- there are some people in this thread who can't come online on certain days and therefore might not be able to post at all, which just isn't fair to them. Sure, some of us are here every day, but it's not fair to the rest.

And I am playing nice, Jenova, 'cause believe me if I weren't, you'd be giving me lots of red for ranting right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenova Synthesis
                              Word.

You can't escape the Torri madness Torritoes?
                              LOL...No 'milk'

Comment

LOL...No 'milk'
                                Not at 3 in the afternoon, at least!

Comment

Working...
                                X