This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carterslave
    And, in the present case, there's quite a bit to admire.
    When you have the good fortune to meet TH, the next sound you hear will definitely be that of your head going "thunk!" on the floor. She's that charismatic.
    Aw cool!

Should I start a thunk thread for Elizabeth? Would anyone post there? Just asking.

Comment

Originally posted by Vixen
      Aw cool!

Should I start a thunk thread for Elizabeth? Would anyone post there? Just asking.
      I would

@Cathian: Great work with the collages... especially Liz/John.

Comment

Originally posted by Whistler84
        Just started a thread to get the general concensus of the Weir/Torri Saturn nomination at the General "Season Two" thread. Head on over if you want.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=16943
        Do you think she'll be nominated again this year?

(That's a stupid question, isn't it?)

Comment

Originally posted by Vixen
          Aw cool!

Hey Vix,

If you do one, I'd make it clear that it's primarily just for pics...sorta like a 'thunk' thread. We *really* need another 'word' for 'thunking' for the ladies. Like...I dunno...Torrigazing or WeirWatching....or something. *grin*.

I don't know much about posting pics but I'm sure I could learn pretty quick. ; )

-B
          WN

Comment

Originally posted by NotANumber
            Do you think she'll be nominated again this year?

(That's a stupid question, isn't it?)
            I think as long as Torri works on SGA and as long as they give her a script that is something she can work with, she'll be nominated.
            She's a cut above what you see most times in the genre. Gillian Anderson was too. Torri's style is very classical much like the theater and British trained Anderson.

-B/ WN!

Comment

The work that she does on Atlantis is so composed and planned, but also looks very natural. She definitely has a gift, and I hope the writers let it shine.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
                The work that she does on Atlantis is so composed and planned, but also looks very natural. She definitely has a gift, and I hope the writers let it shine.
                What I enjoy about Torri's performances is how she does all the 'little' things right. If you watch her closely (as many of use obviously do), then you can see her acting/reacting even when the camera shot isn't directly on her. She doesn't let the script 'come to her', she attacks the script/lines and makes them her own. She is the only character that I come off totally believing that she believes what is coming out of her own mouth at all times.

That ability to do the 'little things' is what reminds me of how Anderson acts. She was/is a master at doing the most with the least dialogue. And Torri has that gift (because that is what it is imo) too. I know a lot of us talk about that wonderful eyebrow raise she uses but that isn't the only subtle thing she does to convey her emotions and thoughts. She has that head tilt she does to express disbelieve or irritation. She crosses her arms to show she's getting serious or pissed about something. I love how she lets her eyes drop many times to show her inner angst as well. Beautifully done by her. I know there are many more but I'm so trying to work right now. ; )

pah...work. ; P

-B
                WN

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
                  Hey Vix,

If you do one, I'd make it clear that it's primarily just for pics...sorta like a 'thunk' thread. We *really* need another 'word' for 'thunking' for the ladies. Like...I dunno...Torrigazing or WeirWatching....or something. *grin*.

I don't know much about posting pics but I'm sure I could learn pretty quick. ; )

-B
                  WN
                  I was going to go with the (maybe not as eye-catching) title of The Mesmerizing Elizabeth Weir Thread but other suggestions are welcome

Posting pics is dead easy. You'll see quickly

Comment

Originally posted by Whistler84
                    Wow! Great Liz/Shep image. Weeeee!!!!!

More request? How about a Rodney/Liz/Shep one? It doesn't have to be a threesome ship, but maybe emphasizing the friendship and comradery between the three? Like we saw in the Eye/Storm?
                    Hmmm that could be fun - Eye/Storm is one of my favorite episodes because of the relationship between the three of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                      Oooh yay. The Liz/John looks more aesthetically pleasing (not the people - just the overall colours etc) but the caption for the Liz/Rodney one is nice.

Suggestions? What about Liz/Simon - I know it isn't so popular but...
                      Or Liz/Lorne.
                      Ugh! I hate Simon
                      Spoiler:
                      he broke her heart!
                      but I'd love to do a Liz / Lorne *points to sig*

Comment

As long as TPTB continue to write brilliant storylines for Weir and continue to develop her...and Teyla, as well, both women are still IMO, under developed why? Then Torri (and Rachel) will continue to shine.

British-Indian and proud.

Comment

Originally posted by Cathain Nottingham
                          Ugh! I hate Simon
                          Spoiler:
                          he broke her heart!
                          but I'd love to do a Liz / Lorne *points to sig*
                          See, I don't think he broke her heart so much as he was like that 'old comfy pair of slippers in the back of your closet that you know deep down is worn out but it's hard for you to part with them'. He'd become a comfortable 'habit' to Elizabeth I thinketh. I mean, the woman left him to go adventuring! LOL! Truth be, his may have been more broken than hers.
                          I think the most hurt thing about Elizabeth regarding Simon was her pride.

-B
                          WNut.
                          Last edited by Bama; 06 September 2005, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
                            See, I don't think he broke her heart so much as he was like that 'old comfy pair of slippers in the back of your closet that you know deep down is worn out but it's hard for you to part with them'. He'd become a comfortable 'habit' to Elizabeth I thinketh. I mean, the woman left him to go adventuring! LOL! Truth be, his may have been more broken than hers.
                            I think the most hurt thing about Elizabeth regarding Simon was her pride.

-B
                            WNut.
                            I see it as something a little different actually...

I think Elizabeth really did love him, just not enough. She loved him and adored him and had a wonderful relationship with him, but it wasn't like head over heels, fireworks type stuff. And when
                            Spoiler:
                            he tells her he's seeing someone else, she is genuinely upset that the relationship is over. She knows she had a good thing with him and that they could have been very happy. Atlantis just means more to her. I think she may feel a little guilty about that fact too.
                            sigpic
                            by Kaaatie

Comment

She deserves her own thunk tread too

Last edited by Vixen; 02 February 2006, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by doylefan22
                                I see it as something a little different actually...

I think Elizabeth really did love him, just not enough. She loved him and adored him and had a wonderful relationship with him, but it wasn't like head over heels, fireworks type stuff. And when
                                Spoiler:
                                he tells her he's seeing someone else, she is genuinely upset that the relationship is over. She knows she had a good thing with him and that they could have been very happy. Atlantis just means more to her. I think she may feel a little guilty about that fact too.
                                McKay makes me want to plant one on him! ; ) I don't doubt she had some love for the dude. I just think we can agree it wasn't *enough*. 'Honey, keep the porch light on for me, I'll be a few years in another galaxy...?' LOL! She *should* have felt a little guilty! My husband would have been seriously pissed or he would have demanded he come with me. I'm still going with cozy and comfy. I think she's still lookin for the big bang but thinks she may have found that ultimate inner fufillment in 'Atlantis'. I'm doubting it but I think she may believe it.

; )

-B
                                nut of Weir.

Comment

Working...
                                X