• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Voted!
    sigpic

Comment

Woo hoo! We are thrashing Jack and Daniel
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Yes! *fistpump*
        sigpic

Comment

Round 2! We're loosing! Go Vote!

http://www.afterelton.com/poll/2012/...two?page=0%2C2
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
            Yeah I saw that. WTH? Community, seriously? How are they even in the same bracket?
            sigpic

Comment

Arg, just two more days to vote and 400 behind. They beat Smallville last round by just 38 votes. Would like to beat them of course. Drum up more SGA love.

Comment

Vote vote vote!!!!

sigpic

Comment

There's like SIX VOTES IN IT....PLEASE KEEP VOTING!!!!

I know we have zero chance against Destiel, but getting to round 3 is much better than getting just to round 2!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                    There's like SIX VOTES IN IT....PLEASE KEEP VOTING!!!!

I know we have zero chance against Destiel, but getting to round 3 is much better than getting just to round 2!
                    Voted!
                    sigpic

Comment

Woo Hoo!!

We're through to the next round...Zero hope against Destiel, but let's give our slash a good showing.
                      sigpic

Comment

Okay...let's try and not get completely slaughtered people

http://www.afterelton.com/poll/2012/...ree?page=0%2C2
                        sigpic

Comment

David has just tweeted in support of McShep, LMAO!!

https://twitter.com/dhewlett/
                          sigpic

Comment

Oh. My. God. *laughs hysterically* He just killed me. Seriously.

Can I just say that I freaking LOVE SGA actors and how fan-friendly they are? Most of the others don't hide that they get creeped out at the mention of any kind of non-canon shipping, especially of the slashy variety. But David is awesome for taking it so good-naturedly.

Though I have to admit, I do get creeped out when fans bring the actors' attention to shipping. It makes me uncomfortable, as if we're asking the actors to think about our sexual fantasies that include their characters.

ETA: Just read one of the reaction comments on Tumbrl. Geez, Destiel people, taking it a little too seriously? It's a silly online poll, not a war that needs to be won at any cost. Makes me happy that I never wasted any time on Supernatural fandom.
                            Last edited by Raelis; 10 September 2012, 06:59 AM.

Comment

Though I have to admit, I do get creeped out when fans bring the actors' attention to shipping. It makes me uncomfortable, as if we're asking the actors to think about our sexual fantasies that include their characters.
                              Yeah, I'm with you on that one.

Also bringing in the creepy is that some cannot seperate the character and the actor. I always HATE it when someone brings up the inevitable slash question at a con. Like you really think they're going to answer something different the 500th time they get asked that?

Or when I went to ChiCon in 2011. A fan asked Joe who his best friend was on set. He said Jason Momoa and he were pretty tight and she kept interrupting him with , "What about McKay? " and "Not McKay?" Just weird. I think she was the same one who later tried to get Joe and David to pose suggestively together at her photo op. A few people need a reality pill.

I like that David has a sense of humor about it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CheekyBeckett View Post
                                Yeah, I'm with you on that one.

Also bringing in the creepy is that some cannot seperate the character and the actor. I always HATE it when someone brings up the inevitable slash question at a con. Like you really think they're going to answer something different the 500th time they get asked that?
                                Yes, so much yes. I'm always tempted to yell, "Ugh, SHUT UP, for God's sake! This is our thing, and just because it seems normal to us does not mean it will not creep THEM out" at the person asking. This is why I rarely, if ever, watch convention videos. I'm always afraid someone will ask something that will make me cringe with embarassment. I just find these things distasteful. I even couldn't read the little story in your post - it's seriously a great squick of mine!

And as cool as it is that David has a sense of humor about it, I'm afraid some ardent fans may take it as a hint they can start pestering him about it... or send him fanfiction or something! I know something like that happened to Misha Collins. I also remember how fans presented a box of sex toys to Smallville's Michael Rosenbaum (because he was regarded as something of a sex-crazed maniac in some corners of fandom, which he had no idea about)- good thing he also had a a sense of humor!
                                Last edited by Raelis; 14 September 2012, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X