Rodney McKay/Elizabeth Weir Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leliana McKay View Post
    I don't think this episode will be McWeir shippy at all. From the behind the scenes pics I've seen on JM's blog it is more...
    Spoiler:
    a McKay/keller episode. Well, there's at least a scene where both of them are on Earth.
    But the episode is meant to be a "tearjerker" so why can't shippers be allowed to read into it until more information becomes available.

Comment

I'm looking forward to "The Last Man" whether there's any McWeir or not (tho I never complain to having more!)
      Spoiler:
      alternate realities/futures always intrigue... at least I hope it's alternate, I might have to stop watching if they keep McKay old... he's just... not as much fun to look at, lol!

but I do worry about the episode too:
      Spoiler:
      Tear jerker usually means someone dies. Of course "Unending" was a bit of a tear jerker but that's mainly because it was torture to watch our beloved characters go through such torture...

On that subject, I'm kinda worried about Be all my sins remembered
      Spoiler:
      I'm really worried that Caldwell's gonna die, I've heard nothing about him being in any later episode... but then again, I thought he was gonna die at the beginning of season 3. On the same level I'm worried about Ellis dieing, I haven't heard anything new about him.

I just read something that'll be bad news for The Last Man Mcweiring:
      Spoiler:
      Looks like Torri's final season 4 episode (since she's supposed to only be in four), is "The Spoils of War" http://gateworld.net/atlantis/s4/412.shtml which looks to be a very strong wraith episode but the spoilers do give me hope for
      Spoiler:
      evil!repli!weir so... hopefullly some mcweir Angst? *sigh

but aww man... I really was hoping for a good wraith episode... something replicator free and the possibility of wraith!babies oh well.

but that doesn't mean we can't have any mcweir in the last man without Torri... mentioning weir would be enough!

Comment

Originally posted by nebulan View Post
        I'm looking forward to "The Last Man" whether there's any McWeir or not (tho I never complain to having more!)
        Spoiler:
        alternate realities/futures always intrigue... at least I hope it's alternate, I might have to stop watching if they keep McKay old... he's just... not as much fun to look at, lol!
        Totally agree. I'm still hopeful to have Rodney mention Lizzie every now and then... Ah!! I think the Last Man is the episode I'm the most looking forward. The plot is just so promising!

but I do worry about the episode too:
        Spoiler:
        Tear jerker usually means someone dies. Of course "Unending" was a bit of a tear jerker but that's mainly because it was torture to watch our beloved characters go through such torture...
        I don't want to be pessimistic yet! As you said, ...
        Spoiler:
        I think the plot is alternate. I just feel is is about time travel and preventing a huge catastrophe. Obviously there will be deaths but only temporary one... I hope.
        At least we now Rodney won't die. JM said they will not kill McKay. (Like I ever doubted that)

On that subject, I'm kinda worried about Be all my sins remembered
        Spoiler:
        I'm really worried that Caldwell's gonna die, I've heard nothing about him being in any later episode... but then again, I thought he was gonna die at the beginning of season 3. On the same level I'm worried about Ellis dieing, I haven't heard anything new about him.
        Oh, I didn't think about that. Hmm... I hope you will be wrong about that!

I just read something that'll be bad news for The Last Man Mcweiring:
        Spoiler:
        Looks like Torri's final season 4 episode (since she's supposed to only be in four), is "The Spoils of War" http://gateworld.net/atlantis/s4/412.shtml which looks to be a very strong wraith episode but the spoilers do give me hope for
        Spoiler:
        evil!repli!weir so... hopefullly some mcweir Angst? *sigh

but aww man... I really was hoping for a good wraith episode... something replicator free and the possibility of wraith!babies oh well.

but that doesn't mean we can't have any mcweir in the last man without Torri... mentioning weir would be enough!
        I read that a while ago that's why I was surprise to hear aaobuttons mention the Last Man.
        Spoiler:
        I remember reading an interview of Torri or was it JM saying that Torri wouldn't be doing any more Atlantis episodes after Spoils of War. Sounded like she didn't want to come back to the show at all or least for a while.
        I just felt it was bye bye Weir and Torri wants to move on. I was quite sad when I read that.

Cheer up! You know that McWeir is all around anyway!! We have picture proofs!

This is not mine.. maybe one of you did it!

Come on Elizabeth, you know you want to kiss him!!

Oh!! The new year is in 15 minutes here in France so... HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!!!
        May 2008 bring you joy and love.
        Last edited by Leliana McKay; 31 December 2007, 01:45 PM.

Comment

hullo shippers

welcome to 2008!!!

well s4 spoilers
          Spoiler:
          joe posted another poem, and this line really got me thinking: "As the death of a loved one spurs McKay into action." weir? she's already "dead" as of TMC, but maybe this refers to BAMSR, mckay fighting back against the asurans for what they did to his lizzie? just a thought. a nice, angsty/shippy thought
          "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
          "what?"
          *throat punch*
          My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
          LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Oh interesting, interesting stuff!
            Spoiler:
            I hadn't heard which was TH's last episode, that's why I was throwing out the LM stuff. If she is going all evil, I hope this isn't the last we see of her. She doesn't seem to have alot else going on so maybe she'll reconsider her guesting status. I'll forever believe she got the shaft for AT, but it happens in the acting world, so hopefully she won't hold a grudge.

Last Man possibilities...

Hopefully Katie will be the one to kick the bucket and not Jeanie, but if Rodney is spurred into action, maybe it'll be Jeanie's death that sends him over the edge into messing with the timeline?

*sigh* who will I ship in season 5
            It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons View Post
              Spoiler:

Hopefully Katie will be the one to kick the bucket and not Jeanie, but if Rodney is spurred into action, maybe it'll be Jeanie's death that sends him over the edge into messing with the timeline?

*sigh* who will I ship in season 5
              Spoiler:
              ah i don't know!! i think katie has possibilities, and i love jeanie. on the gw homepage kate hewlett said that she's in a small cameo in TLM, kind of like a flashback, so hopefully she wont die. but loved one has many conetations, it could be someone else, right? zelenka, maybe? this is really depressing me now, someone's gonna die *sniff*
              Last edited by rosey_angel; 01 January 2008, 12:15 AM. Reason: missing spoiler tag
              "what?"
              *throat punch*

Comment

Originally posted by rosey_angel View Post
                hullo shippers

welcome to 2008!!!

well s4 spoilers
                Spoiler:
                joe posted another poem, and this line really got me thinking: "As the death of a loved one spurs McKay into action." weir? she's already "dead" as of TMC, but maybe this refers to BAMSR, mckay fighting back against the asurans for what they did to his lizzie? just a thought. a nice, angsty/shippy thought
                I immediately thought of McWeir with that line too, since
                Spoiler:
                TMC directly mentioned the death of Weir. It makes me hope that we'll continue to see Rodney and the team reacting to her apparent death.

However, I think it may instead refer to
                Spoiler:
                Katie Brown possibly dying in Quarantine?

Comment

*sigh* we can old hope and reminisce, eh?

Spoiler:
                  I don't know, do you think they'd have him spur into action because of Weir because wasn't that scene at the end of TMC a last minute add-in, like they weren't actually planning it? I am curious about Quarantine and Katie... if she dies, that won't surprise me (McKay gets the Carter curse? first Carson, then Liz, then Katie?) the writers have a bad habit of killing of character with under developed personalities. so we'll see. I really hope to hear more of weir!

Comment

JM's full poem is at his blog.

There are a few pieces that are intiguing.
                    Spoiler:

The brilliant one slowly loses his mind,
                    While a group of replacements puts the team in a bind. [...]

Call the doctor from Earth to help us take action,
                    As the death of a loved one spurs McKay into action. [...]

An old friend returns, loyalties are reversed,
                    And a ghost from the past has us fearing the worst.

The first stanza ties McKay (who else could "the brilliant one" be?) losing his mind to the Replicators. Could there be a connection to Weir here?

The "doctor from Earth" could be Katie, but she's only due to be in a brief montage in The Last Man. So unless she has an appearance that's not been mentioned yet, who could it be? Daniel Jackson? (I know Teal'c has an appearance, may be Daniel pops up somewhere too.)

The "death of a loved one" sounds like it could be Katie in Quarantine. Something that pushes McKay into messing with the timeline? And the "old friend" is undoubtedly Beckett, but who is the "ghost from the past"?

Who know, if McKay really does mess with the timeline in The Last Man as was suggested above, it likely won't be resolved at the end of the episode, and so after the cliffhanger we could see Weir again in season five in the alternate timeline. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by NotANumber View Post
                      Spoiler:

Who know, if McKay really does mess with the timeline in The Last Man as was suggested above, it likely won't be resolved at the end of the episode, and so after the cliffhanger we could see Weir again in season five in the alternate timeline. Fingers crossed.

ohohoh i like that theory!

"what?"
                      *throat punch*

Comment

Not to get off topic or anything but I was just browsing through the McWeir search on youtube and found several vids I hadn't seen before. It just makes me wonder how many McWeir vids are out there on other sites that I have no idea about What other places do you look for McWeir vids?
                        It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

oh thanks for the heads up. i only look at yt every now and then, and sometimes i take a gander at kawoosh, but tbh it's been a while since i've looked for any fanvids, let alone mcweir ones
                          "what?"
                          *throat punch*

Comment

With my youtube account I subscribe to the keyword "mcweir" it seems to bring some interesting results, lol!

for example, this one was submitted on christmas:
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=204X90CO2d8

and this one was submitted on sunday:
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q2_SkF3yIwg

I haven't watched the second one yet, I need to stop gateworlding and start working, lol!

but that's just youtube, I don't know about other sites... who knows, maybe there's a ton more we don't know about!

Comment

ohh yay for linkies! i'll have a peek at those *looks at clock* later today

yeah there must be more mcweir shippers out there; on wraithbait there's a few mcweir fics that aren't written by us here or at mcweir central, so we are out there!
                              "what?"
                              *throat punch*

Comment

The fans are out there, you could say.

Okay, so Be All My Sins Remember'd is on this Friday. Spoils of War is the third part next week
                                Spoiler:
                                with the brief Weir appearance. Anyone think there's any chance of some angst?

Comment

Working...
                                X