• Show
Clear All

[Fanwoman] 1:23 pm: really?
    [Fanwoman] 1:23 pm: that's cool!
    [dahan] 1:23 pm: Weir in blu
    [dahan] 1:23 pm: should have happened more
    [Purpleyin] 1:24 pm: in blue?
    [dahan] 1:24 pm: yea
    [Fanwoman] 1:24 pm: you mean teyla in blue?
    [AnyRei] 1:24 pm: white
    [dahan] 1:24 pm: no Weir in blue, blue looks goo on her
    [Fanwoman] 1:24 pm: :was confused:
    [Fanwoman] 1:24 pm: but she was in white
    [dahan] 1:24 pm: it was blue on my screen
    [dahan] 1:24 pm: huh...
    [Fanwoman] 1:25 pm: O.o
    [dahan] 1:25 pm: I'll rewatch it later
    For a copy of "Have A Little Faith in Me", My Kate Heightmeyer Appreciation Vid Click Here

McWeir Central by PurpleYin (who deserves much appreciation for it) | aka: the reason why the McKay/Weir Thread on GW is Quiet

Comment

[Fanwoman] 1:25 pm: ah, the pretty, pretty sets!
      [Purpleyin] 1:25 pm: It is weird watching this in HD
      [AnyRei] 1:25 pm: haha the wraith mask
      [dahan] 1:25 pm: or maybe the sun from the window is messing with me
      [dahan] 1:25 pm: it's the first time we've done this in the daylight for me
      [Purpleyin] 1:25 pm: I used to love the idea the wraith leathers were human skins
      [dahan] 1:26 pm: that's dark....
      [Purpleyin] 1:26 pm: just the right level of creepy
      [Fanwoman] 1:26 pm: was it ever confirmed?
      [AnyRei] 1:26 pm: uarggghh
      [Purpleyin] 1:26 pm: nah
      [dahan] 1:26 pm: they eat them though!
      [Purpleyin] 1:26 pm: just fan speculation
      [Fanwoman] 1:26 pm: ah
      [Purpleyin] 1:26 pm: but then they are old and shrivelling
      For a copy of "Have A Little Faith in Me", My Kate Heightmeyer Appreciation Vid Click Here

McWeir Central by PurpleYin (who deserves much appreciation for it) | aka: the reason why the McKay/Weir Thread on GW is Quiet

Comment

Purpleyin] 1:25 pm: I think your screen is in need of some colour correction
        [Fanwoman] 1:25 pm: ah, the pretty, pretty sets!
        [Purpleyin] 1:25 pm: It is weird watching this in HD
        [AnyRei] 1:25 pm: haha the wraith mask
        [dahan] 1:25 pm: or maybe the sun from the window is messing with me
        [dahan] 1:25 pm: it's the first time we've done this in the daylight for me
        [Purpleyin] 1:25 pm: I used to love the idea the wraith leathers were human skins
        [dahan] 1:26 pm: that's dark....
        [Purpleyin] 1:26 pm: just the right level of creepy
        [Fanwoman] 1:26 pm: was it ever confirmed?
        [AnyRei] 1:26 pm: uarggghh
        [Purpleyin] 1:26 pm: nah
        [dahan] 1:26 pm: they eat them though!
        [Purpleyin] 1:26 pm: just fan speculation
        [Fanwoman] 1:26 pm: ah
        [Purpleyin] 1:26 pm: but then they are old and shrivelling
        [Fanwoman] 1:26 pm: duh, Sheppard

Comment

[Purpleyin] 1:26 pm: pre-tanned in a way
          [Fanwoman] 1:27 pm: that's true, leather from shriveled bodies might be trucky
          [Fanwoman] 1:27 pm: tricky
          [Fanwoman] 1:27 pm: Grodin so defensive LOL
          [Purpleyin] 1:27 pm: It's kind of fun to watch this ep near Halloween
          [AnyRei] 1:28 pm: yes!
          [Fanwoman] 1:28 pm: I hadn't thought of that!
          [Purpleyin] 1:28 pm: Ha I bet Rodney accuses him of a lot
          [dahan] 1:28 pm: this is a pretty neat haunting house sequence

Comment

[dahan] 1:28 pm: man even the noise is cool this close to halloween
            [Fanwoman] 1:28 pm: indeed, McKay, what the heck
            [dahan] 1:29 pm: cute mcweir scene
            [Purpleyin] 1:29 pm: love the little wave he did
            [Purpleyin] 1:29 pm: Marta!
            [dahan] 1:29 pm: I almost thought he was going to do the vulcan greeting

Comment

[Purpleyin] 1:29 pm: They never did much with wraith projections past these few eps
              [Fanwoman] 1:30 pm: I forget, do they stop using the P90s after a while?
              [dahan] 1:30 pm: yea they did away with them probably for the sfx budget
              [dahan] 1:30 pm: no p90s stayed
              [dahan] 1:30 pm: its and SG staple
              [Purpleyin] 1:30 pm: but they could've hinted/mentioned them
              [dahan] 1:30 pm: they used them in SGU too i think

Comment

[Purpleyin] 1:30 pm: more about wraith control
                [Fanwoman] 1:30 pm: they could have figured a clever, cheap way of using the shadows
                [Purpleyin] 1:31 pm: exactly
                [Fanwoman] 1:31 pm: think of all they used to do on Dr. Who
                [Purpleyin] 1:31 pm: you shouldn't drop key established elements completely
                [Purpleyin] 1:31 pm: but then they quickly dropped Elizabeth's negotiating experience too,
                that rather got used
                [dahan] 1:31 pm: and mckay is out
                [Fanwoman] 1:32 pm: you shouldn't retrograde character growth, either, but that didn;t stop
                them
                [dahan] 1:32 pm: elizabeth also carried a p90 and the international civilian co-op stuff
                [Fanwoman] 1:32 pm: when did she carry a P90? She avoided her own gun for a long while
                [dahan] 1:32 pm: it was a full military operation by S4
                [Purpleyin] 1:32 pm: Oh SGA as much as I love it, it's just as much a lesson in how not to
                write things
                [Fanwoman] 1:33 pm: lol
                [AnyRei] 1:33 pm: Is it the shadow of Vashta Nerada?
                [dahan] 1:33 pm: she wore a p90 during the replicators takeover
                [dahan] 1:33 pm: yet we still got SGU with SGA lessons being learnt and ignored

Comment

[Purpleyin] 1:33 pm: any - lol
                  [AnyRei] 1:33 pm: maybe it's sister
                  [dahan] 1:33 pm: another fight for another day though
                  [AnyRei] 1:33 pm: it doesn't eat people
                  [Purpleyin] 1:34 pm: I need to rewatch that ep sometime (Dr Who - Library of the dead?)
                  [Fanwoman] 1:34 pm: nifty one
                  [AnyRei] 1:34 pm: yes this one is soooo great
                  [AnyRei] 1:34 pm: and midnight

Comment

[AnyRei] 1:34 pm: and midnight
                    [Fanwoman] 1:34 pm: Ah, McKay, master of understatement
                    [Fanwoman] 1:35 pm: I like Tryla's commentary there
                    [Purpleyin] 1:35 pm: hee, the navigation by Jinto is amusing
                    [dahan] 1:35 pm: wish they explored more athosian stuff
                    [dahan] 1:35 pm: first allies and we know squat
                    [Fanwoman] 1:35 pm: don't we all
                    [AnyRei] 1:36 pm: turbolift
                    [Purpleyin] 1:36 pm: so transporters work without ancient gene interestingly
                    [dahan] 1:36 pm: we know craploads about the Jaffa on SG-1
                    [dahan] 1:36 pm: how come Atlantis doesn't have transport rings
                    [Fanwoman] 1:36 pm: I know! So uncool! I can't help wondering if that has to do with the
                    Athosian's rep being female
                    [dahan] 1:36 pm: the outpost did didn't it?

Comment

[Fanwoman] 1:37 pm: I do son't remember
                      [Fanwoman] 1:37 pm: so don't
                      [dahan] 1:38 pm: Ford sure is young for a leutinent now that I think about it
                      [Fanwoman] 1:38 pm: how can he tell which way is east?
                      [dahan] 1:38 pm: and being a vet SG team memember
                      [Purpleyin] 1:38 pm: Maybe goa'uld like to be more dramatic wirh rings
                      [AnyRei] 1:38 pm: inner compass?
                      [dahan] 1:38 pm: probably like east wing , south peir, etc...
                      [Purpleyin] 1:38 pm: not to mention the closed rooms for transporters make more sense on
                      the space ship that can go underwater, if airtight
                      [Fanwoman] 1:38 pm: he's not young; you become a Lt. after graduating
                      [dahan] 1:39 pm: based on location
                      [dahan] 1:39 pm: yea but he's a SG team veteran of teh SGC too
                      [Fanwoman] 1:39 pm: so 20 is normal
                      [dahan] 1:39 pm: so it's kind of young I think...

Comment

[Purpleyin] 1:39 pm: do we know how old he is in S1?
                        [Fanwoman] 1:39 pm: I don't remember that, yeah
                        [Purpleyin] 1:39 pm: Is he a vet SG member or is he just one they could spare?
                        [Purpleyin] 1:40 pm: Remember, best of the best speak is really 2nd best people we can
                        afford to send on 1 way trip to another galaxy
                        [dahan] 1:40 pm: in Rising he's the one with experience
                        [Fanwoman] 1:40 pm: SG3 had a high turnover
                        [dahan] 1:40 pm: lol
                        [dahan] 1:40 pm: volunteer mission remember? no one can be ordered to go
                        [dahan] 1:40 pm: or was not ordered to go

Comment

[Fanwoman] 1:41 pm: and wouldn't you WANT someone with a lot of experience going?
                          [dahan] 1:41 pm: that's why Sumner went right ****
                          [Fanwoman] 1:41 pm: love his analogies
                          [dahan] 1:41 pm: Love that they all defer to him
                          [Fanwoman] 1:41 pm: well, wouldn't you?
                          [Fanwoman] 1:42 pm: smartest guy in the room and all that
                          [dahan] 1:42 pm: lol
                          [dahan] 1:42 pm: Did you see Sheps eyes? He was sooo out of his element!

Comment

[Fanwoman] 1:42 pm: Ford's right--a scientist could have done it
                            [Purpleyin] 1:42 pm: He'll get used to it though of course
                            [Purpleyin] 1:42 pm: Bet he wondered what he signed up for
                            [dahan] 1:43 pm: I like the fact Ford got a speaking part, a real one right there
                            [Fanwoman] 1:43 pm: yeah
                            [Purpleyin] 1:43 pm: Grodin does a lot of reactionary acting doesn't he
                            [dahan] 1:43 pm: don't they have a malp with a arm that can push the button!
                            [Fanwoman] 1:43 pm: I'm glad he got a decent role when he left

Comment

[Purpleyin] 1:43 pm: hehe, the first thing is food
                              [Fanwoman] 1:43 pm: Poor McKay
                              [AnyRei] 1:44 pm: poor poor mckay
                              [dahan] 1:44 pm: yea... that wasn't very Weir-ish they way she said that to him...
                              [Fanwoman] 1:44 pm: he's hypoglycemic--it should be food first
                              [dahan] 1:44 pm: kinda mad at her right now... She's a friend!
                              [Fanwoman] 1:44 pm: she so puts him down!
                              [Purpleyin] 1:44 pm: surprised they don't mention the hypoglcemia when he fainted
                              [dahan] 1:45 pm: they got rif of the athosian fire lighter too huh...
                              [Purpleyin] 1:45 pm: you'd think carson would say that
                              [AnyRei] 1:45 pm: me too

Comment

[Fanwoman] 1:45 pm: he was too busy teasing him
                                [Purpleyin] 1:45 pm: too good an opportunity to rib him I guess
                                [Fanwoman] 1:45 pm: I know the man has a huge ego, but that doesn't make it okay to be
                                like that
                                [Purpleyin] 1:46 pm: Does that mean the shield was never used before?
                                [dahan] 1:46 pm: imprint is crap... the irristiable guy in S3 got one
                                [dahan] 1:46 pm: and Shep used it

Comment

Working...
                                X