No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/Elizabeth Weir Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was planning on doing a slight McWeir arc in my next Beckett/chair fanfic lol... but that may be some time away.

I'm mainly posting because I want to garner interested for the Hide & Seek rewatch. It will probably be on a weekend and someone may have to stay up late or get up early (I will volunteer if need be - I am on AEST which most Gaters aren't lol). So jot your name down, your time zone and what month would be a good one.

Comment

*breathes in the nice shippy air* ah, mcwier. I love this fandom and everything about it; the characters and the people. squishy hugs to you all!!

hide and seek rewatch?
      "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
      "what?"
      *throat punch*
      My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
      LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

I'm in the US's eastern time zone. (can never remember if that's GMT -4 or -5 in what time of the year...) I probably won't be able to join if it involves me getting up at an odd hour because I have a hard time heeding the alarm that wakes me up, haha! The wee hours of a Saturday morning might be the only exception.

(Hugs Rosey) Rosey: a rewatch is where we all jump on the mcweir.com chat at a specified time and we all load up our DVDs or other copies of the episode specified and start watching it at the same time. That way we get to make comments as we watch when we all get to shippy scenes we can squee, or when we get to good banterous scenes...

or some of us McKay fan girls might all get really jealous of Liz at the same time...

and of course all do the invulerable dance at the same time!

I love Hide and Seek, it's one of the best McWeir banter episodes.

Comment

I'm good for a rewatch! i'm at gmt +10 down here but i'm not working full time at the moment so i can stay up late if the need is just, and this is a just need
          "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
          "what?"
          *throat punch*
          My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
          LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Started a few games here are the Stargate related ones
            http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/8...vies-1st-to-50

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/8...vies-1st-to-50
            sigpic
            My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
            poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

FYI, a couple of us are redoing another Re-Watch of "Rising" at M/W Central's Chatroom known as "The Cabin." It's the same thing as last time only it looks like we might have a better turn out!

The scheduled start time is 07:00AM GMT on Sunday 18th

http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc to convert or

See the Countdown timer on http://central.mcweir.com/news.php

Thank PurpleYin for setting this up!
              For a copy of "Have A Little Faith in Me", My Kate Heightmeyer Appreciation Vid Click Here

McWeir Central by PurpleYin (who deserves much appreciation for it) | aka: the reason why the McKay/Weir Thread on GW is Quiet

Comment

FYI people!

It looks like PY set the timer to "local time" rather than setting it to the static GMT for it to sync for the rest of us (GMT is her local time so it looked right on PY's end methinks).

For everyone else the timer is set to 0700 March 18 on all our respective local timezones on our end so please beware and remember to convert for your timezone. In my case the timer will probably keep counting down for about 8 hours after the start time for me.

Also please be aware if you are checking M/W Central though a VPN access point, another proxy server, or on a mobile smartphone; the timer probably will adjust to the native timezone of the accessing server which might not be in the timezone you are in.

Many lessons being learned on this one huh?

Hope to see some old friends later.
                For a copy of "Have A Little Faith in Me", My Kate Heightmeyer Appreciation Vid Click Here

McWeir Central by PurpleYin (who deserves much appreciation for it) | aka: the reason why the McKay/Weir Thread on GW is Quiet

Comment

[Purpleyin] 12:04 am: ok 5
                  [Purpleyin] 12:04 am: 4
                  [Purpleyin] 12:04 am: 3
                  [Purpleyin] 12:04 am: 2
                  [Purpleyin] 12:04 am: 1
                  [fififolle] 12:04 am: Roar?
                  [fififolle] 12:04 am: ****
                  [Purpleyin] 12:04 am: hopefully we're in sync
                  it's ahrd to type and enter in a countdown!
                  [Purpleyin] 12:05 am: ooh ancients
                  [dahan] 12:05 am: lol
                  [dahan] 12:05 am: I see anya
                  [dahan] 12:05 am: we're good
                  [fififolle] 12:05 am: I'm amazed it even came up so quick!
                  [Purpleyin] 12:05 am: same, antlatnis is taking off
                  [dahan] 12:05 am: still think it would be awesome to see that in blu ray
                  [Purpleyin] 12:05 am: one day
                  [fififolle] 12:05 am: I was thinking how good this looked on my HD TV
                  [Purpleyin] 12:05 am: maybe for the next rewatch i will manage it
                  [dahan] 12:05 am: DVDs you can barely see the shielfs get put up on the city before they take off
                  [dahan] 12:05 am: shields*
                  [Purpleyin] 12:05 am: i think mostly i was thinking,oh the vids i could make
                  [fififolle] 12:06 am: It's standing up awesome!
                  [dahan] 12:06 am: wow, ripping blurays?
                  [Purpleyin] 12:06 am: carson!
                  [Purpleyin] 12:06 am: yeah, can be done fine
                  [fififolle] 12:06 am: orange fleece!
                  [dahan] 12:06 am: aren't they cute
                  [Purpleyin] 12:06 am: ikeep meaning to rip my ironman and sherlockblurays for vidding
                  [Purpleyin] 12:06 am: i love the outpost
                  [fififolle] 12:06 am: And so big now! LOL. My TV must have been much smaller then
                  [Purpleyin] 12:07 am: is it evil i want more fic for themat the outpost
                  [fififolle] 12:07 am: Daniel!!
                  [Purpleyin] 12:07 am: researc!Elizabeth
                  [dahan] 12:07 am: I wish they included outakes for that sceene
                  [dahan] 12:07 am: and these scenes
                  [Purpleyin] 12:07 am: oh daniel
                  [dahan] 12:07 am: the commentary said TH and DH were really screwing around

Comment

[Purpleyin] 12:08 am: I'vebeen reading Stargateconspiracy book lately, makes Stargatekind of odd
                    [Purpleyin] 12:08 am: i've never listened to commentaries. i so should
                    [dahan] 12:08 am: yay first SGA score
                    [fififolle] 12:08 am: yeah, I know what you mean
                    [Purpleyin] 12:08 am: sheppard!
                    [fififolle] 12:08 am: the music was awesome. They don't make em like they used to.
                    [fififolle] 12:09 am: Shep!! *squee*
                    [fififolle] 12:09 am: Jack! *squee*
                    [dahan] 12:09 am: they had an actual orchestra then
                    [dahan] 12:09 am: they ever auction the chair?
                    [Purpleyin] 12:09 am: sorry for so many incoherent commetns from me. It's..it's, I dunno. Kind of
                    exctiting tosee it all again
                    not sure
                    [dahan] 12:10 am: it would seem like that would be a hot item
                    [Purpleyin] 12:10 am: i love that shot of rodney looking at the drone
                    [dahan] 12:10 am: its like the first time I know
                    [fififolle] 12:10 am: Peter!!! The chair is very cool.
                    [dahan] 12:10 am: wow that was surprising just like the first time!
                    [fififolle] 12:10 am: uh oh....

Comment

[dahan] 12:11 am: I keep forgeting TH's hair was straight in the early days
                      [Purpleyin] 12:11 am: I thinkI prefer it abitwavy
                      [dahan] 12:12 am: wow Carson really came close to killing the first heroes of the SGA universe huh?
                      [Purpleyin] 12:12 am: they are so squiddy
                      I'd like a mini!drone
                      [fififolle] 12:12 am: best caption comp pic ever, that
                      [Purpleyin] 12:12 am: oh what an AU that'd be ifthings were different at this point
                      [dahan] 12:12 am: shame the minidrones were all CG
                      [dahan] 12:12 am: Ford!
                      [fififolle] 12:12 am: Awww! Ford!

Comment

[fififolle] 12:13 am: Wow. I didn't realise Shep was so cute.
                        [Purpleyin] 12:13 am: why is jack so incredulous of flying city
                        [dahan] 12:13 am: hard to believe the last installment before the pilot, Weir was in charge of O'Neil
                        [fififolle] 12:13 am: LOL!
                        [Purpleyin] 12:14 am: mm zed
                        [fififolle] 12:14 am: hee
                        [Purpleyin] 12:15 am: ooooh carson
                        [dahan] 12:15 am: wow we really are caught up in this huh?
                        [Purpleyin] 12:15 am: security clearance
                        [fififolle] 12:15 am: it's been so long!

Comment

[Purpleyin] 12:16 am: I've not watched this for...hmm. 3 years?
                          [Purpleyin] 12:16 am: maybe4
                          [dahan] 12:16 am: 19 months since the klast rewatch for me
                          [fififolle] 12:16 am: I had to go in the attic to get the DVDs!! At 10pm last night!
                          [dahan] 12:16 am: lol
                          [dahan] 12:16 am: don't touch sheppard!
                          [fififolle] 12:17 am: oops! hee. Yay John
                          [dahan] 12:17 am: that's right he was a major!
                          [dahan] 12:17 am: fastest promotion of anybody in the SG universe
                          [dahan] 12:17 am: get rid of him liz, he's a troubnle magnet!~
                          [fififolle] 12:17 am: I was wondering the other day when he became a colonel
                          [dahan] 12:17 am: 2nd season

Comment

[fififolle] 12:18 am: Thanks!
                            [dahan] 12:18 am: Intruder if my memory serves
                            [fififolle] 12:18 am: Your memory is amazing!
                            [dahan] 12:19 am: men of few words lol
                            [Purpleyin] 12:19 am: poor Simon
                            [fififolle] 12:19 am: Jack's kind of harsh!
                            [dahan] 12:20 am: he's actually more so compared to how he deals with cam huh
                            [dahan] 12:20 am: the video letter!
                            [Purpleyin] 12:20 am: sheppard probably blindsidedj ack
                            [dahan] 12:20 am: can't believe they cut this in the syndicated version!
                            [Purpleyin] 12:20 am: re
                            [Purpleyin] 12:21 am: ally?
                            really?
                            [fififolle] 12:21 am: Great section
                            [dahan] 12:21 am: yea
                            [fififolle] 12:21 am: Rodney's cat and everything!
                            [Purpleyin] 12:21 am: was tht grodin speaking spanish?
                            [fififolle] 12:21 am: Yes!
                            [dahan] 12:21 am: they cut it on all airred versions after the first airring in N. America

Comment

[Purpleyin] 12:21 am: not to mentionwhy can't ford communicate with all expedition members - you'd
                              think they'd all have 1 language in common
                              [fififolle] 12:21 am: Bates!!! OMFG squee
                              [Purpleyin] 12:22 am: ooooh pretty
                              [dahan] 12:22 am: bates was gonne shoot carson!~? ****
                              [dahan] 12:22 am: go rodney
                              [fififolle] 12:22 am: That was bloody Stackhouse!! Yes?
                              [Purpleyin] 12:23 am: i think so
                              [fififolle] 12:23 am: Yay!
                              [fififolle] 12:23 am: *sniff*
                              [dahan] 12:24 am: I keep meaning to write an AU were the gate doesn't get a lock
                              [fififolle] 12:24 am: hahahaha *snort*

Comment

[Purpleyin] 12:24 am: ooh burn, from sheppard to sumner
                                [fififolle] 12:24 am: How embarrassing.
                                [Purpleyin] 12:24 am: what would you have happen in the AU dahan?
                                [dahan] 12:24 am: unpacking
                                [dahan] 12:25 am: lots of unpacking
                                [fififolle] 12:25 am: they all went home for tea
                                [fififolle] 12:25 am: *howls*
                                [Purpleyin] 12:25 am: and said their goodbyes?
                                [Purpleyin] 12:25 am: went seperate ways or back to antarctica?
                                [dahan] 12:25 am: love that line
                                [dahan] 12:25 am: "never been so excited in my entire life"
                                [fififolle] 12:25 am: oh yeah, no homes to go to. crap.
                                [fififolle] 12:25 am: ****
                                [dahan] 12:26 am: in the novelization rodney and elizabeth walk through together right after the malp
                                goes through
                                [fififolle] 12:26 am: Stackhouse!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X