Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[AnyRei] 12:51 pm: ^^
    [Purpleyin] 12:52 pm: nowhere near enough free disc space
    [dahan] 12:52 pm: are we taking and intermission between the eps or just plowing through
    and let the credits run?
    [Purpleyin] 12:52 pm: I think it'd be sensible to take a toilet break
    [AnyRei] 12:53 pm: i will have to pause. I had the episode selected and it will jump to the
    menu again, when the episode is finished
    [AnyRei] 12:53 pm: good point
    [Purpleyin] 12:53 pm: I might also need to set up a new stream for the 2nd ep
    [dahan] 12:53 pm: I have mine setup the same way AnyRei
    [AnyRei] 12:53 pm: season box ^^
    [dahan] 12:53 pm: k, set a timer for after the credits end for 5mins?
    For a copy of "Have A Little Faith in Me", My Kate Heightmeyer Appreciation Vid Click Here

McWeir Central by PurpleYin (who deserves much appreciation for it) | aka: the reason why the McKay/Weir Thread on GW is Quiet

Comment

[The Cabin]: Purpleyin has left at 12:55 pm
      [dahan] 12:55 pm: eep
      [dahan] 12:55 pm: hopefully it takes her only a few minutes to fix what she needs to watch
      [AnyRei] 12:55 pm: it sounds difficult
      [dahan] 12:56 pm: she was telling me about a weird software glitch her mac is having
      problems with in regards to her bluray discs
      [AnyRei] 12:56 pm: mac...
      [dahan] 12:57 pm: I say we wait for her and have her do a countdown if she doesn't get back
      before the timer runs out
      [AnyRei] 12:57 pm: sure
      [dahan] 12:57 pm: yea mac... I'm a PC person and don't want to start a war so I'm just gonna
      be quiet about it
      For a copy of "Have A Little Faith in Me", My Kate Heightmeyer Appreciation Vid Click Here

McWeir Central by PurpleYin (who deserves much appreciation for it) | aka: the reason why the McKay/Weir Thread on GW is Quiet

Comment

[AnyRei] 12:58 pm: me too ^^
        [AnyRei] 12:58 pm: it's a pity it's just the 3 of us
        [dahan] 12:58 pm: seems to be a magic number with these if you think about it
        [The Cabin]: Purpleyin has entered at 12:59 pm
        [dahan] 12:59 pm: Hi there PY
        [AnyRei] 12:59 pm: i never made it before, because i was too stupid about the time
        [AnyRei] 12:59 pm: wb
        [Purpleyin] 12:59 pm: sorry, computer issues
        [dahan] 12:59 pm: only seconds to go
        [AnyRei] 12:59 pm: np
        [dahan] 12:59 pm: should we wait for you a few more minuets?
        [Purpleyin] 12:59 pm: eep, mine is not ready
        [Purpleyin] 12:59 pm: if that's okay?
        [AnyRei] 1:00 pm: sure
        [dahan] 1:00 pm: k, give us a countdown when you can
        [Purpleyin] 1:00 pm: i had to restart firefox with less tabs as it was struggling to process the
        bluray

Comment

[Purpleyin] 1:01 pm: surprised there's no Fi here.
          [Purpleyin] 1:01 pm: Fanwoman said she might make it too
          [dahan] 1:01 pm: give us a countdown when
          [dahan] 1:02 pm: wow we could have had 5 ppl
          [dahan] 1:02 pm: so far no one's responded to the GW live posting either
          [AnyRei] 1:03 pm: GW live posting?
          [dahan] 1:03 pm: I'm posting our chat to the gateworld mcweir thread
          [dahan] 1:03 pm: some ppl respond and I post back
          [AnyRei] 1:04 pm: ah okay
          [dahan] 1:04 pm: so far only aaobuttons actually is the only to have responded

Yes people say hi with us if you're watching!

Comment

[dahan] 1:05 pm: You know in terms of things going wrong, this is pretty minor, there was
            that whole malware mcweir centrel going down thing
            [dahan] 1:05 pm: now that was hilarious in trying to sort out
            [Purpleyin] 1:06 pm: okay, ready, 5 seconds countdown from now?
            [AnyRei] 1:06 pm: okay
            [Purpleyin] 1:06 pm: now
            [The Cabin]: Fanwoman has entered at 1:06 pm
            [Fanwoman] 1:06 pm: Hello?
            [Purpleyin] 1:06 pm: ooh pause i guess
            [dahan] 1:06 pm: fanwoman should we restart!?!
            [Purpleyin] 1:06 pm: hi
            [AnyRei] 1:06 pm: hi
            [Fanwoman] 1:06 pm: Oh, I can fast forward
            [dahan] 1:06 pm: Hi FW!
            [dahan] 1:07 pm: it's only been a couple of seconds
            [Fanwoman] 1:07 pm: How is everyone?
            [Purpleyin] 1:07 pm: ok, about to unpause, rodney was just saying how some of the athosian
            women are pretty hot
            [Fanwoman] 1:07 pm: lemme get the disc in
            [dahan] 1:07 pm: I only see carrson readying the needle and its paused
            [dahan] 1:07 pm: lol
            [AnyRei] 1:07 pm: me too
            [dahan] 1:07 pm: its only been a couple of seconds
            [dahan] 1:07 pm: we should restart

Comment

[AnyRei] 1:07 pm: yes
              [Purpleyin] 1:08 pm: sure. got mine readied at very start now
              [dahan] 1:08 pm: Give another count PY when FW is ready ****
              [Fanwoman] 1:09 pm: sorry for being late--we had company and had to do as much yardwork
              as we could after she left
              [Fanwoman] 1:09 pm: mice!
              [dahan] 1:09 pm: are we starting?
              [dahan] 1:09 pm: cause I rewound to tthe opening city shot

Comment

[AnyRei] 1:10 pm: me too
                [Fanwoman] 1:10 pm: ready when you are
                [dahan] 1:10 pm: PY can say when
                [Purpleyin] 1:10 pm: Okay on the count of 5
                [Purpleyin] 1:10 pm: 4
                [Purpleyin] 1:10 pm: 3
                [Purpleyin] 1:10 pm: 2
                [Purpleyin] 1:10 pm: 1
                [Purpleyin] 1:10 pm: eep that got delayed
                [dahan] 1:10 pm: best opening line ever
                [Fanwoman] 1:11 pm: np
                [Purpleyin] 1:11 pm: everyone started okay?
                [AnyRei] 1:11 pm: yep
                [dahan] 1:11 pm: I think so...
                [Fanwoman] 1:11 pm: yup
                [dahan] 1:11 pm: I can catch up or speed down as everyone chats it's not bad

Comment

[Purpleyin] 1:11 pm: he's getting his injection now on mine
                  [Fanwoman] 1:11 pm: I never noticed how Carson chooses his right hand
                  [Fanwoman] 1:12 pm: despite his wanting his left
                  [Purpleyin] 1:12 pm: Are there any lefthanded people on the show?
                  [dahan] 1:12 pm: I can't remember...
                  [AnyRei] 1:12 pm: poor rodney
                  [dahan] 1:12 pm: honestly its been so long
                  [Purpleyin] 1:12 pm: ah the needle finally went in
                  [Fanwoman] 1:12 pm: it's because of how the scene was shot
                  [Fanwoman] 1:12 pm: ow
                  [dahan] 1:12 pm: Grodin!
                  [Purpleyin] 1:12 pm: Grdin!
                  [AnyRei] 1:13 pm: ^______________^

Comment

[dahan] 1:13 pm: woulda been fun if the kids stuck around for the show
                    [Purpleyin] 1:13 pm: I love the lighting
                    [Fanwoman] 1:13 pm: I know, it's like the Athosians just became inconvenient
                    [Purpleyin] 1:13 pm: I guess kids are one of those types of characters not many writers like
                    writing for
                    [dahan] 1:13 pm: man the uniforms seem so dated now
                    [dahan] 1:14 pm: Rodney's does at least
                    [Fanwoman] 1:14 pm: people that include old people and kids just don't fit easily into action
                    [dahan] 1:14 pm: never was a fan of the tan

Comment

[AnyRei] 1:14 pm: INVULNERABLE
                      [dahan] 1:14 pm: and teh opening!
                      [Purpleyin] 1:14 pm: Oooh the proper credits
                      [Purpleyin] 1:14 pm: I never liked the redone ones that much
                      [dahan] 1:14 pm: still love the soundtrack
                      [Fanwoman] 1:15 pm: I'd forgotten how short they made them
                      [AnyRei] 1:15 pm: *singalong*
                      [Fanwoman] 1:15 pm: how? lol
                      [dahan] 1:15 pm: I've never been able to make out the chanting in the song lol

Comment

[AnyRei] 1:15 pm: haha thats my secret
                        [Purpleyin] 1:16 pm: captain untouchable ****S
                        [dahan] 1:16 pm: Geek joking, Love it!
                        [Purpleyin] 1:16 pm: How did he go to the loo with it on?
                        [Fanwoman] 1:16 pm: brb--hubby needs help
                        [Purpleyin] 1:16 pm: But nevermind that, we all know scifi shows never show you the loos

Comment

[AnyRei] 1:15 pm: haha thats my secret
                          [Purpleyin] 1:16 pm: captain untouchable ****S
                          [dahan] 1:16 pm: Geek joking, Love it!
                          [Purpleyin] 1:16 pm: How did he go to the loo with it on?
                          [Fanwoman] 1:16 pm: brb--hubby needs help
                          [Purpleyin] 1:16 pm: But nevermind that, we all know scifi shows never show you the loos
                          [Fanwoman] 1:16 pm: ah, the lack of instructions
                          [AnyRei] 1:17 pm: because in sci-fi you never have to go the loo
                          [Purpleyin] 1:17 pm: and they never get dissentry or anything off world either
                          [Fanwoman] 1:17 pm: I'd forgotten how pretty Teyla is
                          [Purpleyin] 1:17 pm: the Season 1 wig wasn't the best wig though
                          [Fanwoman] 1:17 pm: so convenient
                          [Fanwoman] 1:17 pm: but didn't Grodin talk about that?
                          [dahan] 1:17 pm: they went through like 4 wigs int he first season
                          [Purpleyin] 1:17 pm: ah the inprobably foreshadowing
                          [Purpleyin] 1:18 pm: with teyla's ghosts of the ancients remian

Comment

[Fanwoman] 1:18 pm: four wigs?!
                            [Purpleyin] 1:18 pm: he talked of desalinization?
                            [Fanwoman] 1:18 pm: yes, something about water
                            [Purpleyin] 1:18 pm: was it "echoes" with the ghosts in the city in s4?
                            [dahan] 1:18 pm: the commentary on one of the eps mentioned the diff wigs
                            [Fanwoman] 1:19 pm: presumably related with other water-related stuff--like showers
                            [Purpleyin] 1:19 pm: I wonder if Weir has some psych education
                            [Fanwoman] 1:19 pm: it was so nice in the beginning, talks like this
                            [dahan] 1:19 pm: too bad they threw out a bunch of this stuff later
                            [Purpleyin] 1:19 pm: We didn't get much ancient tech with thought control in latter seasons
                            did we?
                            [Fanwoman] 1:19 pm: McWhineypants

Comment

[Fanwoman] 1:20 pm: I don't recall
                              [dahan] 1:20 pm: mini drones and some other stuff
                              [Fanwoman] 1:20 pm: [prudent but so untrusting
                              [Purpleyin] 1:21 pm: I really liked Jinto
                              [Fanwoman] 1:21 pm: where did all the kids go? ^^;
                              [Fanwoman] 1:21 pm: me, too
                              [dahan] 1:21 pm: mainland
                              [AnyRei] 1:21 pm: mainland
                              [Fanwoman] 1:21 pm: it was rhetorical
                              [dahan] 1:21 pm: I don'[t think Jason would spook any kids who have to live with Wraith on a
                              daily bases...
                              [Purpleyin] 1:21 pm: he was always so curious about earth and it could've been a nice way to
                              explore the cultural difference, not just with teyla but with them. as it was they didn't exactly
                              have teyla talk of them
                              [AnyRei] 1:21 pm: haha sheppard
                              [Fanwoman] 1:21 pm: the real answer was, "Out of the plot"

Comment

[dahan] 1:22 pm: lol
                                [Fanwoman] 1:22 pm: Only someone who can't play hockey would say that
                                [Fanwoman] 1:22 pm: That man should get more roles
                                [Purpleyin] 1:22 pm: Chris H?
                                [Fanwoman] 1:23 pm: yeah
                                [dahan] 1:23 pm: you're talking to a guy who's going straight to watching a baseball game
                                after the rewatch
                                [Purpleyin] 1:23 pm: Have you seen him in Sanctuary?
                                [dahan] 1:23 pm: Chris H is in a lot of stuff though
                                [dahan] 1:23 pm: he's pretty big in Japan too from what fans post
                                [Fanwoman] 1:23 pm: yes, but I was thinking more mainstream

Comment

Working...
                                X