No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/Elizabeth Weir Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will not let this slip to page 3, Rodney and Elizabeth are too cute together to be on page 3!

So... Random Jello Attack!
    It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons
      I will not let this slip to page 3, Rodney and Elizabeth are too cute together to be on page 3!

So... Random Jello Attack!
      We were on page 3!? *gasps*

Hi everyone, got a few things, first (stupid question) what exactly is a rotating sig? Second, all this TLG speculation just makes me want to see it mopre and yall are horrible for giving me even more fic ideas. Third, I've got another fic idea that came from reading an Aliens book, it'd be AU, Rodney's a dying scientist and one of the only people with lots of info about wraith hive ships and where wraith jelly is (the wraith jelly just popped into my head) oh and he needs the 'jelly' to live longer and it's also one of the most valuable drugs out there, can do a few intersting things, Liz is a big time thief who needs his help and wants to become really rich, they fall for each other in the end (typical me, things just become shippy for me) and 'Atlantis' is this company they're stealing from, well that's just some of my thoughts, I now I probally sound like a total geek.
      McKay: I'm invulnerable!
      Weir: Aren't you the one who's always spouting off about how proper and careful scientific procedure must be adhered to?
      McKay: In-vul-ner-able.

McKAY: I'm not crazy -- I just have another consciousness in my brain.

First icon made by Cathain Nottingham and last 4 made by ToasterOnFire
      My LJ My Fanfic My Homeschooling Blog

Comment

Sigh, midseason breaks are such a bummer. Also, I have only two McKay/Weir fics to report this week.

Up to part 35 of “Saving Grace” by McRaider. “He was just a boy, who needed a home, and they were a family who longed for one more member.”

“A Different Kind of Hero” by Sickle Sword. “Not everyone was born to save the world. Some just have to make sure they won't destroy it. The true story of Trinity.”

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
          Sigh, midseason breaks are such a bummer. Also, I have only two McKay/Weir fics to report this week.

Up to part 35 of “Saving Grace” by McRaider. “He was just a boy, who needed a home, and they were a family who longed for one more member.”

“A Different Kind of Hero” by Sickle Sword. “Not everyone was born to save the world. Some just have to make sure they won't destroy it. The true story of Trinity.”
          Only two?! Must get to writing again! Hopefully get to some this weekend (esp that ficathon fic...sigh) but I'm over at my aunt's. Anyway...hope for more fic soon!

Been thinking...there's a lot of fic surrounding pre-"Rising", how Elizabeth and Rodney met, how they became friends, etc, but there isn't a lot of stories that include how other people viewed it.

Comment

and my SGA plot bunnies arent even bittin' *sniffle* havent' updated series four of my SGA ficcy in ages. cuz the damned pests *glares at the plot bunnies* have decided to go after my SG1/Scape AU ficcy (no its not on the net atm. but is on my LJ)

nice to know that this thread is still alive... yea yea yea... i know i dont seem to post to ship threads lately right now... save for shex and rockett... yea my fun slash ships. there i said it.

EDIT: re. rotating siggy.. go to http://www.randomimage.net. creat an acct. and load piccys up to it... kinda nice too.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CKO
              nice to know that this thread is still alive... yea yea yea... i know i dont seem to post to ship threads lately right now... save for shex and rockett... yea my fun slash ships. there i said it.
              Slash is cool, but that's just me, and those are intersting parings, never really thought of them personally, but I really haven't thought much of male slash, except maybe mckay/shep, but other than that not really into male slash that much. For some odd reason I seem to like femslash, I mean just love Weir, she can go with anyone, really, but that's just me.
              Weir: Aren't you the one who's always spouting off about how proper and careful scientific procedure must be adhered to?

Comment

Originally posted by LittleKnux2008
                Only two?! Must get to writing again! Hopefully get to some this weekend (esp that ficathon fic...sigh) but I'm over at my aunt's. Anyway...hope for more fic soon!
                Yay!
                And I'm happy to report that there are two great new M/W fics over on the LJ.

Been thinking...there's a lot of fic surrounding pre-"Rising", how Elizabeth and Rodney met, how they became friends, etc, but there isn't a lot of stories that include how other people viewed it.
                I'm just fascinated with the pre-Rising story but I don't know if TPTB are ever going to go into that particular backstory. I did ask Joe about it in my latest aliquoted question though.
                And there's plenty of people to provide that 3rd party POV: Carson, Zelenka, Ford, Bates, Grodin, pretty much everyone except Shep and Teyla. Ooh...a 3rd person POV from Shep sensing some jealousy from Rodney right after the chair incident and realizing it's because of Elizabeth... I don't see too many McKay/Weir fics where Shep is involved in some way.

Originally posted by weirfan517
                Slash is cool, but that's just me, and those are intersting parings, never really thought of them personally, but I really haven't thought much of male slash, except maybe mckay/shep, but other than that not really into male slash that much. For some odd reason I seem to like femslash, I mean just love Weir, she can go with anyone, really, but that's just me.
                I don't mind slash one bit and there is SO much slash fanfic out there (it must dwarf any het fanfic), but it doesn't really do anything for me. I do like the idea of Carson/Rodney or Zelenka/Rodney more than Shep/Rodney though...

Comment

Oooh, the vid awards voting is open now! You have until Dec 4th to vote here

I saw that on the sga newletter LJ community, along with a S/W/M OT3 vid. I haven't seen it yet because I'm not on the right computer to play it but yay for vidness! OT3 vid here and a new sg vid recommend/request community here.

Also found this pair of fics, not McKay/Weir but still paired together, one from each POV about their city of Atlantis. McKay POV and Weir POV

Comment

Just thought I'd throw some pretty pictures out there!

[ATTACH]2217[/ATTACH]

"Should I kiss her?"

[ATTACH]2218[/ATTACH]

"I'll just hold her."

[ATTACH]2219[/ATTACH]

"Kiss me you fool!"

Edit: Sorry for the smallness of pics, I don't know how to make them show up bigger but you can click on them to see them bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin

I saw that on the sga newletter LJ community, along with a S/W/M OT3 vid. I haven't seen it yet because I'm not on the right computer to play it but yay for vidness! OT3 vid here and a new sg vid recommend/request community here.

Voted!! Good luck Hans!

I tried the vid, but even though it downloaded it wouldn't play. *shrug* Anyone else having this problem?

Comment

[ATTACH]2217[/ATTACH]

"Should I kiss her?"

[ATTACH]2218[/ATTACH]

"I'll just hold her."

[ATTACH]2219[/ATTACH]

"Kiss me you fool!"

Edit: Sorry for the smallness of pics, I don't know how to make them show up bigger but you can click on them to see them bigger.
                        Those are funny. I like the last one.

Comment

Originally posted by weirfan517
                          Those are funny. I like the last one.
                          they are adorable!!!!
                          ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                            I voted! So many great vids, and good luck in the running!

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Just wanted to stop by--I'm making progress on my fic. I'm hoping to work in a little post-"Tirinity" discussion. Can anyone tell me what the name of that device Rodney wanted to activate was? I missed the first couple mins and I'm not so good with techie terms lol.

Thanks,

Royal

Signature By Amber Moon

Comment

Sigh, the first season had such lovely screencaps of those two. You could freeze them at just the right second and it looks so damn shippy. Like this one...

Looks like they're sharing some poignant moment or Rodney accidentally blurted out his feelings.

Originally posted by Royal_Nonesuch
                                Just wanted to stop by--I'm making progress on my fic. I'm hoping to work in a little post-"Tirinity" discussion. Can anyone tell me what the name of that device Rodney wanted to activate was? I missed the first couple mins and I'm not so good with techie terms lol.
                                Apparently the device was part of "Project Arcturus", and here are some quotes from that ep about the device:
                                Spoiler:

McKAY: It seems that the Ancients were experimenting with high-energy physics on a level that we've never seen before.

McKAY: It was called Project Arcturus and, from what we can tell, its ultimate goal was to render ZedP.Ms obsolete.

WEIR: How?

McKAY: A Zero Point Module is an artificially created region of subspace time. It's kind of like a miniature universe in a bottle.

ZELENKA: It extracts vacuum energy from this artificial region of subspace time until it reaches maximum entropy.

CALDWELL: So what's different about this thing?

ZELENKA: Project Arcturus was attempting to extract vacuum energy from our own space-time, making it potentially as powerful as the scope of the universe itself.

Hope that helps!

Comment

Working...
                                X