No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/Elizabeth Weir Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys, FFF is coming but fanfiction.net has been down for me for the past several hours. I'm going to wait until it's back online since most of the McKay/Weir stories are there, so the fic post is going to be delayed until then. Your patience is appreciated.

Comment

Ack! fanfiction.net is still down for me! Is anyone else having this problem?

...and where did everyone go? I know we have a new episode drought until the end of Nov for some and schools are back up and running for lots of shippers. Ah, the good old days when I had homework and tests. Now I just have one huge exam to go.

So for some conversation: what was your favorite shippy scene from the first half of season two and what episode/spoiler are you most looking forward to in the second half?
      For me,
      Spoiler:
      I really liked the scene in Duet when they were testing the beam on the mice. Rodney was extremely agitated and nervous when he was talking and Elizabeth looked right at him and calmly stated "Anxious?" She knew exactly how he was feeling, cut right to the chase, and made him feel a bit more at ease with that simple comment. Shows how well she can read him. Loved it.

I'm really looking forward to some shippy moments in GUP, but I'm also interested in these new rumors that Elizabeth is going dark. I'd love to see Rodney's reaction to that.

I guess I'll go make some icons.

Comment

At the Melbourne convention Torri said that Weir doesn't like Rodney's character. Maybe you people should give it up, huh? Oh well, we all have the right to dream.....

Comment

Hey, Toaster, sorry I haven't been around, I really haven't had much to say and about FF, I guess it might be you cuz I'm getting in just fine, yesterday I wasn'tb though. To answer your question, I'd have to say
          Spoiler:
          I liked the scene in Trinity where Rodney was super excited about the discovery and sent the data immediately to his lab and was on comm with Liz, they were both smiling and the way I'm describing this makes it sound corny, but I loved that scene. What I'm looking forward to is TLG mostly and the Hive, and that's about all I've got.
          McKay: I'm invulnerable!
          Weir: Aren't you the one who's always spouting off about how proper and careful scientific procedure must be adhered to?
          McKay: In-vul-ner-able.

McKAY: I'm not crazy -- I just have another consciousness in my brain.

First icon made by Cathain Nottingham and last 4 made by ToasterOnFire
          My LJ My Fanfic My Homeschooling Blog

Comment

Well, I've been rather disappointed with season 2 as far as shippyness goes. If I had to pick my moment, I'd say
            Spoiler:
            the whole 'I know Rodney McKay' scene.

I look forward to any episode that has Rodney/Elizabeth scenes together.
            It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Fav scene in the first half of S2? Have to go with "Duet"
              Spoiler:
              in that little exchange right after Rodney loses it with Cadman in his head and Elizabeth orders him to go see Kate Heightmeyer

"Rodney, I'm not asking you..."
              -Weir
              (I honestly thought that was a pretty perfect line for that scene. Very cool and authority driven for Weir too )

A little thought on "GUP" while I'm here.
              Spoiler:
              Since we already know Carter is going to be a hallucination, doesn't that seem to suggest that for the most part Rodeny is going to be out of contact with the rest of the team for as long as he's sunk?
              Kinds of cuts off Elizabeth and Rodney interaction at the knees doesn't it?
              For a copy of "Have A Little Faith in Me", My Kate Heightmeyer Appreciation Vid Click Here

McWeir Central by PurpleYin (who deserves much appreciation for it) | aka: the reason why the McKay/Weir Thread on GW is Quiet

Comment

Originally posted by unknownterra
                At the Melbourne convention Torri said that Weir doesn't like Rodney's character. Maybe you people should give it up, huh? Oh well, we all have the right to dream.....
                Now see I don't get that. She was practically worshipping him before. Praising his 'heroic' efforts, listening very carefully to anything he said. Taking his opionion oh-so-seriosly. Maybe 'like' is the wrong word for thier relationship. heck, 'like' might be the wrong word for anyone's relationship with Rodney McKay. But some people, trust/respect/tolerate him more than others and I think Weir is one of them. She seems to bring out the best in him and (with the exception of a couple mistakes) vice versa

Comment

Time to clarify... I was at the Melbourne con too, and you McKay/Weir people probably need to put the comment in context.
                  Torri didn't say that Elizabeth doesn't like Rodney.
                  What happened was that someone asked her which character on Atlantis was her favourite. She said she'd like to say Rodney, but he's always irritating Elizabeth, so she'd have to pick Teyla.
                  What that means is that Rodney actually is her favourite character, as far as I'm concerned, and everyone knows that Rodney's annoying nature is actually the most appealing thing about him (isn't that why we love him??)
                  She was full of praise for DH, and acutally said he's the one who makes them laugh all the time. She said he's very much like McKay, because he's a hypochondriac (as in "OMG! Who sneezed? Did someone sneeze? Oh, now I'm going to get sick. Great... I can feel it coming on now"), and he talks really fast!
                  I'm a Shep/Weir person (but I love you guys!! Honestly! Any of you are welcome in my little corner of GW any time!). I also love the interaction between Shep/Weir/McKay, though.
                  As for shipper stuff. FYI, while she did mention 'sexual tension' in the Shep/Weir context, she also said Elizabeth's the chick in charge, so she can't be running around holding hands with John Sheppard. She also said she'd love to have RDA or MS to pay Elizabeth a visit, and the 8 armed alien came up yet again!!
                  Hope this makes you feel better!!!

Comment

I thought she meant that she personally liked Rodney but he's not Elizabeth's favourite? Rodney is so hard to like considering the way he treats people a lot of the time, and I think
                    Spoiler:
                    Trinity really made Weir angry at Rodney so right now he's on a balancing wire.

Personally I think Rodney needs more 'individually saving people from doom scenes' to get a good reputation in the eyes of Weir. We SO need more of hero Rodney on the show.

Comment

Originally posted by dahan
                      A little thought on "GUP" while I'm here.
                      Spoiler:
                      Since we already know Carter is going to be a hallucination, doesn't that seem to suggest that for the most part Rodeny is going to be out of contact with the rest of the team for as long as he's sunk?
                      Kinds of cuts off Elizabeth and Rodney interaction at the knees doesn't it?

I think it depends on how the show plays out.
                      Spoiler:
                      If they have him completely cut off from everyone with no radio contact and it's all about Sam, then yes, it's hard on the shipping pleasure. But there is still all the yummy Rodney character insights and stuff to enjoy. If he still has radio contact we might get to hear some nice exchanges between the two, or if there is no radio contact, but Elizabeth knows that Rodney is down there then we can see lots of concern from her which is great too. My dream would be for her to pop in as a hallucination, but we haven't gotten any hints about anyone other than Sam so I'm guessing it won't happen. I think I'd absolutely faint if we got a 'thank god you're safe' hug between the two at the end!

Comment

What's with the 'you people' comment? You're not one of 'those people' who are negative towards anyone who doesn't agree with you, are you?

Personally I think Rodney needs more 'individually saving people from doom scenes' to get a good reputation in the eyes of Weir. We SO need more of hero Rodney on the show.
                        I'm going to have to disagree with you there. We already have our typical hero on the show in Sheppard. One of the things I like about Rodney is that he's the reluctant hero. He never goes into a situation thinking 'I'm going to put my life on the line today'. When he stepped in front of the gun for Elizabeth or started shooting at the wraith to save Shep, he did it out of instinct to save their lives, not to be a hero. And in both situations he panicked a bit afterwords when he realized what he had done, which was even more endearing.

Elizabeth doesn't need him to save more people for her to think good of him. He's already saved the entire city at least five times, and he's saved his team more than that. His job was to be a scientist and he's done way more since coming to Atlantis. Elizabeth wouldn't have picked him to be her right hand so to speak if he needed to prove anything to her.

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
                          Time to clarify... I was at the Melbourne con too, and you McKay/Weir people probably need to put the comment in context.
                          What happened was that someone asked her which character on Atlantis was her favourite. She said she'd like to say Rodney, but he's always irritating Elizabeth, so she'd have to pick Teyla.
                          What that means is that Rodney actually is her favourite character, as far as I'm concerned, and everyone knows that Rodney's annoying nature is actually the most appealing thing about him (isn't that why we love him??)
                          She was full of praise for DH, and acutally said he's the one who makes them laugh all the time. She said he's very much like McKay, because he's a hypochondriac (as in "OMG! Who sneezed? Did someone sneeze? Oh, now I'm going to get sick. Great... I can feel it coming on now"), and he talks really fast!
                          I'm a Shep/Weir person (but I love you guys!! Honestly! Any of you are welcome in my little corner of GW any time!). I also love the interaction between Shep/Weir/McKay, though.
                          As for shipper stuff. FYI, while she did mention 'sexual tension' in the Shep/Weir context, she also said Elizabeth's the chick in charge, so she can't be running around holding hands with John Sheppard. She also said she'd love to have RDA or MS to pay Elizabeth a visit, and the 8 armed alien came up yet again!!
                          I remember that from your report Alyssa and I agree--I think Rodney is Torri's fave character (judging from interviews). About "irritating" Weir, I think it's somehwat similar ot a class clown situation, if you are the hall monitor you can't show favoritism to the trouble-maker simply to keep order. I think Weir is in much the same boat, she can't laugh out loud at Rodney's nasty comments even if she wants to because of her status.

Hopefully that makes sense (was up too late watching From the Earth to the Moon)

In short, Alyssa is right Mc/Weir(s) have nothing to worry about--in fact, it's slightly encouraging IMO.

Later all (still working on my fic--it'll eventually be published!)

Royal

Signature By Amber Moon

Comment

1) I was going to go into great detail here asking about that particular quote, but it would seem that alyssa has cleared things up (thank you!) While I can see that Rodney irritates Elizabeth from time to time, especially after the events of Trinity, I just couldn't believe that she dislikes him. Rather, like melpomene stated, I think she can get frustrated with him, but ultimately she respects him, listens to him, and tends to enjoy his company a lot more than other people do. After reading what alyssa reported, that quote makes much more sense and still doesn't really shut the door on McKay/Weir.

2) Still, there is a great chance that this ship will not become canon. I already know that, and I think most of the shippers here know that too. But that's not the point of shipping for me. For me it's about taking two characters that I personally think work well together and finding canon scenes that can be interpreted as shippy. It's about speculation, what ifs, taking ideas and scenarios and expanding on them in fanfic or discussion. It's about finding people that also like this ship and enjoying talking with them about it. So I don't require canon events to enjoy this ship (though some more scenes between the two in the remaining half of season two would certainly help!)

3) If you don't like the idea of McKay/Weir or think that us shippers are all crazy for enjoying it or keeping the torch burning that's fine. I try to respect everyone's opinion and I try to work hard to keep this thread comfortable for everyone - shippers, friendshippers, nonshippers. But coming in here and stating that "you people should give it up" and that we're "dreaming" isn't the best way to go about things. However, looking at your second post it would appear that you weren't honesty trying to stir up trouble here. It's important that everyone respects each other's likes and opinions here. Thanks!

Jeez, I'm never going to get the FFF done.

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa

Thanks for the clarification Alyssa! I can definetly see her saying something like this. Rodney _is_ irritating, and yes, that's why we all love him!

I think that's why I chose the
                              Spoiler:
                              'I know Rodney McKay'
                              line as my fav for season 2 so far. She knows all the facets of Rodney, not just the irritating (or heroic) sides of him, but the whole person.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                                1)
                                Jeez, I'm never going to get the FFF done.

We can wait... impatiently... but we can wait!

Comment

Working...
                                X