Rodney McKay/Elizabeth Weir Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
    -Put out more M/W fics, vids, icons, etc. (Something everybody can do! I'm doing my part! )
    Well here's a contribution towards that

My first McWeir vid, only the second vid I've ever made. Do enjoy, and feedback/comments are most welcome.

I Won't Say I'm In Love (contains Season 2 clips but nothing particularly spoilery)
    sigpic
    by Kaaatie

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
      So, if we want to gain more recognition I think we need to do as many of the following:

-Get more shippers. (Unfortunately, it's not something that can be forced on fans. The best way to do this is create a supportive M/W environment like this thread so new shippers feel comfortable posting here. This thread does a great job of that, so we need to continue that attitude!)
      -Be more vocal about supporting M/W, not just on GW but also on LJ and elsewhere. (And I don't mean a "M/W is the way to go! All other ships are inferior!" attitude, more "Hey, I like this ship, it rocks, and I have no problem saying so!")
      -Put out more M/W fics, vids, icons, etc. (Something everybody can do! I'm doing my part! )
      Originally posted by Purpleyin
      But yes, speak up about the ship (but not out of place or randomly of course), make fandom treats - fic, vids and other stuffs - give out links, lure other M/W shipper to the community and vote in awards to get our ship noticed and a category - because there's always enough to fill up one, even for the vid awards despite the lack generally.
      I think those are great ideas...I could always be more vocal about my ship and those are helpful suggestions. I know I've gotten various PM's about my sig and they were from non-M/W shippers. Even if it doesn't get them lining up on our thread it does make them think about the ship.

Also, another suggestion from something I've discovered on FF.Net: responding to reviews from people who are mainly lurkers or new M/W shippers may help. I've been emailing back and forth with a couple and I think one may come on over and join us here soon. Sometimes I think it is almost intimidating for some to just start posting or making vids, write fic etc. I know it was for me at first (cause you guys are all so talented!) and some friendly encouragement, which we are all so good at anyways, can go a long way!

Also, I need to add M/W links on my FF.net bio and I was thinking of adding a M/W ship rec list to the Multifandom Ship Rec LJ.
      Remixed old sig...cause I wanted the pretty again!
      :.*.:My Live Journal:.*.:

Comment

Originally posted by doylefan22

My first McWeir vid, only the second vid I've ever made. Do enjoy, and feedback/comments are most welcome.

I Won't Say I'm In Love (contains Season 2 clips but nothing particularly spoilery)
        Brilliant! I loved it.

Comment

Oh, excellent! That was so cute and fun....very lighthearted McWeir with just the smallest bit of angst stirred in. Putting this in caps so I don't ruin it for anyone
          Spoiler:
          I loved how you added the Simon breakup scene at the beginning as a lead in- finally, Liz can feel openly what she knows is there for Rodney! And you put in the chewing out scene from Trinity! Squee! I thought the vid flowed nicely and I liked the close-up shots at the end that really expressed their emotions so well.
          You should make more of course! I think I will have to wait until Season 1 comes out in Nov. before I make one- don't have all the right clips yet

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Trippin'
            I think those are great ideas...I could always be more vocal about my ship and those are helpful suggestions. I know I've gotten various PM's about my sig and they were from non-M/W shippers. Even if it doesn't get them lining up on our thread it does make them think about the ship.

Also, another suggestion from something I've discovered on FF.Net: responding to reviews from people who are mainly lurkers or new M/W shippers may help. I've been emailing back and forth with a couple and I think one may come on over and join us here soon. Sometimes I think it is almost intimidating for some to just start posting or making vids, write fic etc. I know it was for me at first (cause you guys are all so talented!) and some friendly encouragement, which we are all so good at anyways, can go a long way!

Also, I need to add M/W links on my FF.net bio and I was thinking of adding a M/W ship rec list to the Multifandom Ship Rec LJ.
            Yay for drawing attention.

And you know for anyone's benefit I'm always happy to talk to new shippers, lurkers, and people wanting to vid or fic writer. I don't mind giving advice or support at all, so anyone feel free to email if you need anything or just want to chat M/W. People shouldn't be intimidated and they really wouldn't be if they could see my very first fic ever (Buffy and sooo Mary Sue badness -why did no one tell me at the time?!).

Love the vid - 9/10 - the song choice is so cool, fits so well and the editing's pretty good too. It just makes the heart rise, so squeeful. Just wonderful to the s2 moments mixed in there, gives hope. (Oh and I nominated it for a vid award...)

Comment

I will do that now! I've wanted to make a vid for awhile (and may actually have time in the near future ) but does anyone know what to use when creating one on a mac? I have imovie and idvd....will either do the job? even have the perfect song too
              iMovie will work great for making a video on a Mac and it is really easy to use. I've used it before, although I currently use Final Cut Express (which unfortunately you have to buy). If you have any questions about iMovie or about exporting into various formats, feel free to ask me. I can't wait to see the video! Here's waiting for November! Yes, I can be patient.

Comment

Yay! Cute song, great cuts, and some s2 scenes to boot! Wonderful job!
                I kept expecting Rodney to come out with jazz hands though...

Also, another suggestion from something I've discovered on FF.Net: responding to reviews from people who are mainly lurkers or new M/W shippers may help. I've been emailing back and forth with a couple and I think one may come on over and join us here soon. Sometimes I think it is almost intimidating for some to just start posting or making vids, write fic etc. I know it was for me at first (cause you guys are all so talented!) and some friendly encouragement, which we are all so good at anyways, can go a long way.
                Oh, that's a great idea! I'm so behind on reviewing fic, sigh, but I do try to go out of my way to praise a M/W fic from a new author. I know a lot of people are nervous about posting stories for the first time (I know I was!), and maybe they're even a bit worried that people aren't going to like the story because it has M/W. So I like to go out of my way and make them feel welcome. Getting lots of praise for a fic only makes you want to write more!

Comment

Originally posted by Sirnonenath
                  iMovie will work great for making a video on a Mac and it is really easy to use. I've used it before, although I currently use Final Cut Express (which unfortunately you have to buy). If you have any questions about iMovie or about exporting into various formats, feel free to ask me. I can't wait to see the video! Here's waiting for November! Yes, I can be patient.
                  Really? awesome! Then come Nov. 15th (finally, it's official!) I will be all set to vid. I'll probably take you up on the questions offer and I may try and fool around with it on other dvds before I get SGA so I'll be prepared.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirnonenath
                    What formats do you have to have for iMovie, don't suppose it accepts mp3 and divx by any chance? Because that's my vid reasource until the boxset comes out and even after then dealing with multiple vob files and finding chapters sounds fiddly, and I'll still only have mp3's for the music.

Also, probably the wrong place to ask but anyone ever found a vidding program for linux that accepts those?

Comment

*nervously appears in thread*

Eh....newbie and McWeir shipper here.

Comment

Originally posted by HyperCaz

*Enthusiastic waving* Hello! Nothing to be nervous about (as long as you like M/W ... ) Seen your thread over at SG1 database, cool section there, 'fraid we only get a thread here but that's the usual.

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                          *struggles up from the archives of the thread* Okay, so with the the video awards up and no M/W category I'm trying to index the known M/W vids around. Oh I remember when there was all of 3!

I've thought about nominating a number of the McKay/Weir vids at the Stargate Video Awards, but they seem to want a lot of information. It's like an interrogation!

Is there anywhere (like in the McWeir yahoo group, for instance) where I can find all the relevant details for the vidders?

Comment

Welcome to our little corner of the interweb. We're always looking for fresh mea-- er, ah, new blood.

Comment

Hi and welcome! I've been enjoying your M/W moments over on ff.net and I always look forward to the next installment! I think it's fun to write little snips of those two, the "everyday moments" of talking, drinking coffee, whatever. There is a complete lack of those on SGA, not just for M/W but for all other ships/friendships as well. That's too bad, because I think they help make the relationship more real, and makes the step from friends to more much more believeable. Keep up the good work!

I will do that now! I've wanted to make a vid for awhile (and may actually have time in the near future ) but does anyone know what to use when creating one on a mac? I have imovie and idvd....will either do the job? even have the perfect song too
                              I just was digging around a bit on LJ and I found a huge vidding page with all sorts of tutorials for vidders. I also found this post from a mac user (bottom of page) on which programs to use, so I hope that helps a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by NotANumber
                                I've thought about nominating a number of the McKay/Weir vids at the Stargate Video Awards, but they seem to want a lot of information. It's like an interrogation!

Is there anywhere (like in the McWeir yahoo group, for instance) where I can find all the relevant details for the vidders?
                                Well most of those listed have website linked, with the vids hosted, and emails too. There were a few trickier ones to get details for but PM me if you have any trouble as I nominated a fair few already and will be able to dig up relevant stuffs. (Useful tip for vids on LJ's is if they have a paid account then they have a [email protected] email )

Comment

Working...
                                X