No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/Elizabeth Weir Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look! I made some LJ icon-ish pics! (150 by 150 instead of 100 square, just because they look better bigger). And I can tempt with more as a potential reward for new fics and vids!

...oh who am I kidding; I'd make them just for the heck of it.

Damn, those are fun to do. I can't wait to dump them on the website (there will be a section for wallpaper/pics/icons on the main site, right?). If anyone has any design ideas for more, feel free to send them my way.

Comment

Toaster, those are lovely! (Although the first one's kinda sneaky! )

Sheppard: Why does it smell like I'm on vacation?
      McKay: (proudly) Could it be the simulated tropical aroma of cocoa butter?
      Sheppard: Strong enough for anyone within five miles to smell you.
      McKay: Right, like they haven't been tipped off by the Aqua Velva?

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire

Damn, those are fun to do. I can't wait to dump them on the website (there will be a section for wallpaper/pics/icons on the main site, right?). If anyone has any design ideas for more, feel free to send them my way.
        What would I have to do to get the second one in 100 by 100 (and not just the whole thing scaled down because that'd ruin the text).

And yes, plans were for a wallpaper section, icon section etc all under "graphics". Anyway, I'm halfway through writing that mega site update so back to the slog.

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
          What would I have to do to get the second one in 100 by 100 (and not just the whole thing scaled down because that'd ruin the text).

And yes, plans were for a wallpaper section, icon section etc all under "graphics". Anyway, I'm halfway through writing that mega site update so back to the slog.
          Fortunately I saved it as both .jpg and .xcf, so it shouldn't be a problem. I'll take care of it tonight and post it tomorrow, hopefully with a couple more!

I figured I'd keep any pics I post here 150 by 150 so they're easily visible and then if anyone wants them for LJ icons just let me know and I'll adjust 'em down to 100 by 100.

Oh, so many ideas bumping around in my brain!

Comment

And she has a slew of LJ icons with some McKay/Weir here!

Sigh, I love LJ icons. So purdy.
            OMG! I love them all! The last one--"DANCE" is sooooooo funny! Thank you for sharing the link.
            Don't say "ka" until you've tried it.

Comment

Okay, while looking for images to make one idea for a sig, I saw the cast photo from S1 and came up with a completely different idea for a sig. Here it is:

(It's a little tall, but I bet it could be cropped pretty easy.) Anyway, if anyone wants it, just take it. And now I'm off to make the other one...

Comment

*prods Cory to write that Antarctica fic*
                *prods aaobuttons to write that Gift Bday fic*
                *prods everyone else to write, period*
                Sadist.
                sigpic
                http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

*prods Cory to write that Antarctica fic*
                  *prods aaobuttons to write that Gift Bday fic*
                  *prods everyone else to write, period*
                  Hehe, you forgot to prod me for the site update!

Comment

You guys! those are GORGEOUS! Would it be too forward to ask all of you to submit those to geek!love? Pretty please with McKay on top? Hehehehehe

"I'm not crazy because I take the right pills every day" - Jimmy Eat World
                    "If I ventured in the slip stream/between the viaducts of your dreams ... could you find me? ... Ain't nothing but a stranger in this world" - Van Morrison
                    "It's a feelin'/In your heart, in your soul/In your being, yeah/It's a beautiful obsession" - Van Morrison

Comment

Originally posted by groovekittie
                      You guys! those are GORGEOUS! Would it be too forward to ask all of you to submit those to geek!love? Pretty please with McKay on top? Hehehehehe
                      I keep meaning to ask, would it be okay for the McKay/Weir site to have stuff for just McKay? Like icons, wallpapers and stuff, because I had planned that we'd have McKay and Weir stuff too not just McKay/Weir in the graphics sections (and vid listings) but don't want us to be stepping on any toes considering geek!love has Mckay things already...

Comment

That's no problem. There's more than just geek!love out there for McKay/Hewlett sites. And we also have a Torri site on Abydos Gate as well as a Weir/Sheppard 'shipper site.
                        (gosh, I hope I did those links right. lol)

In fact, some day, there may be a McKay/Weir shipper subsite. We'll see. *shrug* I dunno. I think I'm the only one on the AG staff that's a M/W shipper. lol

The way I look at it is this, the more the merrier: more exposure and more attention for our favourite show, characters, actors and 'ships. *g*

"I'm not crazy because I take the right pills every day" - Jimmy Eat World
                        "If I ventured in the slip stream/between the viaducts of your dreams ... could you find me? ... Ain't nothing but a stranger in this world" - Van Morrison
                        "It's a feelin'/In your heart, in your soul/In your being, yeah/It's a beautiful obsession" - Van Morrison

Comment

Okay guys, I need some help. I liked the Rodney "Got Milk?" pic I made (which I posted on the thunk thread) so much that I wanted to make a McWeir "Got Milk?" sig. Now I'm stuck! I feel like it needs something, either words (this was what I wanted to do, but I have milk-ad block ) or some neat effect, something to punch it up a bit. What do you guys think?

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                            Hehe, you forgot to prod me for the site update!
                            Oh. I thought you had enough to worry about. But since you asked...
                            *prods Hans for a website update*

Originally posted by groovekittie
                            I'd be delighted to. How do I do that?
                            (And did you see the one I did on the thunker thread? That's my fave so far. )

Yay Porthos, those are wonderful! Smashing your foot has really brought out your creative side!

Comment

So...Sanctuary. Anyone have additional thoughts about the ep from a McKay/Weir POV?
                              I know...this was so 5 pages ago but my VCR hates me and I had to buy a tape cleaner for it to love me again so I just rewatched Sanctuary.

My favorite part of the whole episode was when
                              Spoiler:
                              Rodney was chasing Elizabeth up the gate room trying to convince her about Chaya:

WEIR: You want to send her back?
                              MCKAY: All I know is she's not who she's pretending to be.
                              WEIR: You know this because?
                              MCKAY: What I'm not allowed to have intuition?
                              WEIR: *throws him a sharp look* You? No.
                              MCKAY: Oh.
                              WEIR: I asked Major Sheppard to keep an eye on her.
                              MCKAY: Well *laughs* which is like asking the fox to guard the hen house.
                              WEIR: *stops* What?

His "Oh." is the best part....he just sort of gives in to her and it comes out all quiet and sort of mildly surprised. Maybe because he trusts her assessment in general and also feels like she knows him well enough to make such a statement? Weir seemed like she was half joking but Rodney took it pretty seriously, making me wonder if he was contemplating something on a deeper level.

But, I'm not sure I agree that he has no intuition...he certainly does when it comes to scientific aspects but not so much for inter-personal interactions. Although he caught onto the whole 'Chaya's hiding something' and Chaya/Shep stuff pretty easily. Then again, he was pretty surprised when he accused her of being an Ancient and was correct...."I'm right?!"

Remixed old sig...cause I wanted the pretty again!
                              :.*.:My Live Journal:.*.:

Comment

Yay Porthos, those are wonderful! Smashing your foot has really brought out your creative side!
                                LoL! Sorry, that just really struck me as funny. It's not so much the smashing the foot (although I'm sure the happy pills help) as it is the sitting and not being able to do anything.

Spoiler:
                                His "Oh." is the best part....he just sort of gives in to her and it comes out all quiet and sort of mildly surprised. Maybe because he trusts her assessment in general and also feels like she knows him well enough to make such a statement? Weir seemed like she was half joking but Rodney took it pretty seriously, making me wonder if he was contemplating something on a deeper level.
                                Ah, poor Rodney! Do you think he thinks he got shot down? Do you think Elizabeth has any idea about the deeper meaning of what she said?

Comment

Working...
                                X