Rodney McKay/Elizabeth Weir Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Porthos1013
    Ah, poor Rodney! Do you think he thinks he got shot down? Do you think Elizabeth has any idea about the deeper meaning of what she said?
    Thing is....I don't really think he took it as a put down, especially with Weir's half teasing tone of voice. But he did really seem to consider her answer, more than he usually does. I would have expected him to ignore what she said or snarked back or something, but all he said was "Oh." It was a little bit strange but I liked it...lots to think about how he took it and what he might be thinking.
    Remixed old sig...cause I wanted the pretty again!
    :.*.:My Live Journal:.*.:

Comment

LoL! Sorry, that just really struck me as funny. It's not so much the smashing the foot (although I'm sure the happy pills help) as it is the sitting and not being able to do anything.
      Ah, I feel your pain. I went through something similar when I ripped off my fingernail. Not fun. Even less fun was the fact that I couldn't type quickly enough to do any writing.

Ah, poor Rodney! Do you think he thinks he got shot down? Do you think Elizabeth has any idea about the deeper meaning of what she said? :
      Normally, I'd say yes. Normally, Elizabeth is the sort of person who choses her words carefully and weighs each and every possible way they could be taken. But with Rodney, she seems to let her mouth flap a little more, espeically when it comes to teasing him.

Originally posted by Gate Trippin'
      Then again, he was pretty surprised when he accused her of being an Ancient and was correct...."I'm right?!"
      See, I always took that line as proof that Rodney is really, really insecure of himself and his abilities. It's like he's contiunally surprised whenever he does something that actually succeeds that isn't rather basic.
      Last edited by Cory Holmes; 23 June 2005, 09:29 PM.
      sigpic
      http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes
        See, I always took that line as proof that Rodney is really, really insecure of himself and his abilities. It's like he's contiunally surprised whenever he does something that actually succeeds that isn't rather basic.
        Good point. Especially when he's emotionally invested in something, or it's big stakes, as most things in Atlantis seem to be. And after she (chaya) confirmed his theory the change in him was amazing.
        Spoiler:
        His shoulders slumped and you could hear this pleading and confused tone to his voice when he asked he why she kept it a secret instead of helping and talking to them. I almost wished she had a better reason for coming to Atlantis than just Shep. Poor Rodney...I wanted to give him a big hug then....even though the Kirk comment was quite funny. Or his frustration at it, rather.

Comment

I've discovered how to make animated icons! *dances*

Hee hee hee!

And Hans, that 100 by 100 "Support" icon is here. Let me know if it's okay.

Regarding Sanctuary, I sort of took her "You? No." comment as more playful than anything mean. Maybe she was joking that his instincts had been bad in the past? Maybe something happened pre-Atlantis and his assumption was completely off?
          But it was interesting how he paused when she said that, like he was indeed taking it to heart a little. Perhaps he was so concerned with what was going on with Chaya that he didn't see her comment as playful. His pause does indicate that he values her opinion of him and maybe he's a bit disappointed when he's not seen as "ideal" in her eyes, even if she's only joking.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire

Hee hee hee!
            Toaster that's marvelous! I love it I'm smitten with your Rodney "pout" icon too. Biting his lip, pouting- is so sexy

Comment

Mwah! Iloveyou Iloveyou Iloveyou!

<goes off and quietly gripes at GW for not allowing me to give you green>

Sheppard: Why does it smell like I'm on vacation?
              McKay: (proudly) Could it be the simulated tropical aroma of cocoa butter?
              Sheppard: Strong enough for anyone within five miles to smell you.
              McKay: Right, like they haven't been tipped off by the Aqua Velva?

Comment

Yay! It’s time for…

McKay/Weir Fanfiction Friday!

Lots of good ones this week, with a particularly nice selection on wraithbait. BTW, some stories on that site couldn’t be included here for obvious reasons *nudge* so if you’re so inclined they’re waiting for you.

“Crooked Smile and Straight Path” by Ari. “Lost or found”

“Poke” by FlatlandDan. “Sometimes it takes time to understand. (more Carson/Rodney friendship though)”

Up to part 7 (complete?) of “Waning December” by Ari. “Daniel goes to Atlantis; these are the reasons why. (Daniel/Weir but a bit of Rodney jealousy)”

“All Mine” by Purpleyin. “Dark fic. Kolya won't let her go. Also a songfic (Portishead - All Mine)- Kolya/Weir UR and Weir/?”

Up to part 6 of “Jeans and Genes” by Starlite1. “When Dr. Elizabeth Weir undergoes the ATA Gene therapy, she gets quite a bit more than she bargained for...”

Up to part 5 of “Alive” by Devine27. “Teyla has a brush with death on an off world mission.”

Up to part 7 of “Weathering the Storm” by wolfdream. “Based on the show "The Storm": The storm and all it brings leads to trials for all in Atlantis. Warning: Implied rape.”

“Enough” by InsaneBovine. “A simple gift is enough. Choose your own pairing”

Completed (!) “The Puppet Master” by cybersyd42. “The Atlantis crew fear McKay's genius has slipped into insanity. Are their worst fears realised, or is there something sinister at work?”

Up to part 5 of “To Save a City” by Maethorwen of Atlantis. “Atlantis is in trouble again. It’s now up to the children of the original expedition to save the city. 4th in the Second Generation series.”

“Spotlight” by Purpleyin. “Short on The Brotherhood RadekWeir UR McKayWeir UST.”

“Companion” by Purpleyin. “Short on The Eye AU to how it ended. McKayWeir friendship.”

Up to part 7 of “A Moment in Time Travel?” by obessedwithscifi. “The children of Atlantis find themselves in trouble when they arrive in the past and have no idea how to get home.”

Up to part 12 of “Bewildered Heart” by LittleKnux. “Sequel to "Obvious Heart". McKayWeirSheppard. Elizabeth finds the necklace that Rodney made for her and begins to doubt her decisions.”

Comment

Okay, as long as we're doing the fanfic Friday thing, I probably should post this. I just finished it, and it's just a short Santuary tag based on our discussions of Rodney's "intuition" on the thread. So, here's the link, I hope it works, I'm still figuring ff.net's new system out...
                  Intuition: McWeir fluff. It turns out Rodney is indeed allowed to have intuition.
                  Last edited by Porthos1013; 24 June 2005, 01:53 PM. Reason: Still figuring ff.net out...

Sheppard: Why does it smell like I'm on vacation?
                  McKay: (proudly) Could it be the simulated tropical aroma of cocoa butter?
                  Sheppard: Strong enough for anyone within five miles to smell you.
                  McKay: Right, like they haven't been tipped off by the Aqua Velva?

Comment

Yay! Fanfic Friday! I sooo needed that after the week I've had. *cries* Man, when things go wrong with computers at our offices, doods, they seriously go wrong.

I'll get in touch with you guys by PM as to how to submit works to geek!love so I can get your awesome works up to the site this weekend hopefully. *glee* Thank you guys!

"I'm not crazy because I take the right pills every day" - Jimmy Eat World
                    "If I ventured in the slip stream/between the viaducts of your dreams ... could you find me? ... Ain't nothing but a stranger in this world" - Van Morrison
                    "It's a feelin'/In your heart, in your soul/In your being, yeah/It's a beautiful obsession" - Van Morrison

Comment

*page 2!*

Well I have a site update due later with a cool announcement. Meanwhile I have Weir ficathon assignments to sort out.

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                        *page 2!*

Well I have a site update due later with a cool announcement. Meanwhile I have Weir ficathon assignments to sort out.
                        Gah! *dies from anticipation*

So anyway, BIS was repeated last night. Loved that ep for
                        Spoiler:
                        how concerned Elizabeth was for Rodney, how she wouldn't even leave him until he confirmed that he would meet her in the jumper bay. *sniff, sniff*
                        And then how he stayed and died trying to save her *SNIFF, SNIFF* So sad. I'm dying to know exactly what their history was; you don't do that stuff for just anyone. DH did mention in an interview that Rodney and Elizabeth had a past (he stated *plug your eyes Cory!!* it wasn't romantic and that would make sense considering Simon and all, but what exactly was their relationship?)

Comment

Gah! *dies from anticipation*

So anyway, BIS was repeated last night. Loved that ep for
                          Spoiler:
                          how concerned Elizabeth was for Rodney, how she wouldn't even leave him until he confirmed that he would meet her in the jumper bay. *sniff, sniff*
                          And then how he stayed and died trying to save her *SNIFF, SNIFF* So sad. I'm dying to know exactly what their history was; you don't do that stuff for just anyone. DH did mention in an interview that Rodney and Elizabeth had a past (he stated *plug your eyes Cory!!* it wasn't romantic and that would make sense considering Simon and all, but what exactly was their relationship?)
                          I just finished handing out the Weir assigments - though if anyone still wants to enter it may be possible as long as they email me with the details before June 30th. Anyway, pretty hard to manage, specially since I went for not the usual format and I have to make sure somehow everyone still gets something written for them

I'm thinking of doing more ficathons, thinking having a SGAficathon LJ community because I'm thinking of a Teyla ficathon next, then maybe a Ford one, a Grodin one, Kavanagh..., darkfic and of course McKay/Weir sometime. They take a while to do and quite an effort to organise but wouldn't you guys appreciate such a thing? And not everyone would have to write, though the rule goes you offer to write then you'll get some fic too. Still there will be some M/W coming out of the Weir ficathon so my next one won't be an M/W at least.

Anyway, on BIS
                          Spoiler:
                          I'm not sure if they need to have had a history before Antarctica to behave that way, I always figured they'd worked very closely for a month or several and that there being little to do and in close quarters like Atlantis that people would have gotten to know each other easier, even if they were people who'd not normally have associated. Anyway, that makes me wonder if Sheppard felt very alone suddenly joining the expedition when everyone elseknows others.

Still, back to the topic. I could go for the two of them having studied at the same college, though I doubt Rodney would have met her in work circumstances because their paths were unlikely to cross unless she was protesting against a military project he was working on or something odd like that.

I could however picture a story about them, about how their paths kept crossing over the years - totally unexpected situations forcing them together for short times or moments and them forging some odd connection previous to Atlantis & Antarctica that way. It could be quite a sweet fanfic infact.

Comment

More BIS talk, including a question.
                            Spoiler:
                            How do you take the way Rodney acted in the present time? He was quite flippant about Old Weir being Elizabeth and then that she could just be crazy, also he tended towards getting excited over science rather than being very considerate or understnading about the situation. I'm mainly comparing this to the John/Elizabeth scene where John seems to be tackling the feelings on it whilst Rodney deals with the facts.

I'm guessing his tendency to science before anything else is understandable but he does have a touching moment when he admits he almost inadvertantly killed Old Weir when they first came.

There was his lack of concern verbally, though he was being very nice to Old Weir when questoning her... just he didn't seem to think it was inappropriate, though in all fairness they did need to know what had happened and she didn't have much time. In some ways that's actually quite understandable - they needed to know certain things and dawdling wasn't in anyone's interests.

Anyway, he didn't say much past the sort of apology about nearly killing Old Weir but there were some touching looks, like that part when he was caught very off guard by O.W. saying 'even you Rodney'. But he quickly seemed to explain that away as impossible until the DNA results came back.
                            And there were a few other nice ones when they were gathered listening to the tale when in the briefing room and later in the infirmary.

Overall I'd say his reluctance to accept at first and then science and facts overtaking any overt concern is probably a)because of the way Rodney is, he's never the best with people and he seems to like getting straight to business - do the job, not waste time on anything. and b) because he might not want to get too emotionally involved. He did look suitably shocked that he'd die, the reality of the situation the others had been in perhaps hadn't hit him until that moment - I can see him not wanting to believe and then when he does, backing off and using science as a reason to not get involved in the reality of O.W. dying or what had happened to create the circumstances surrounding the time travel. I'm not sure if that all makes sense but anyone else going to join in the discussion?

And another question. Presuming Rodney knew about her birthday, do you think he said/did or was going to say/do anything later in the day but got canceled/postponed by events overtaking the day. What could you see him getting or doing for her birthday?

Comment

I'm thinking of doing more ficathons, thinking having a SGAficathon LJ community because I'm thinking of a Teyla ficathon next, then maybe a Ford one, a Grodin one, Kavanagh..., darkfic and of course McKay/Weir sometime. They take a while to do and quite an effort to organise but wouldn't you guys appreciate such a thing? And not everyone would have to write, though the rule goes you offer to write then you'll get some fic too. Still there will be some M/W coming out of the Weir ficathon so my next one won't be an M/W at least.
                              That would be wonderful!!! I'd be the first to join, lol. Of course, me in my idiocy just remembered that this was a Weir ficathon. My requirements mentioned other characters, but nothing about Weir, and I sort of went off on a tangent... So apparently there will be two fics coming out of that, but whatever.

As for 'Before I Sleep'...
                              Spoiler:
                              I agree that the present Rodney was being rather...flippant....when he was addressing the whole situation. Though I did notice a lot of looks - glad I'm not going insane or anything . Perhaps he just didn't know what to say or how to go about comforting her? Maybe he was just burying himself in work to keep aside his own feelings about it. (Maybe I'm reading too far into this and have no life... )
                              It's kinda funny that BIS came up now, because I have a partly started tag for it on my computer. It's set after 'The Gift' but it's really an AU tag for BIS. Maybe I'll go finish that, now that you all got me started on this episode again.

Comment

Spoiler:

Still, back to the topic. I could go for the two of them having studied at the same college, though I doubt Rodney would have met her in work circumstances because their paths were unlikely to cross unless she was protesting against a military project he was working on or something odd like that.

I could however picture a story about them, about how their paths kept crossing over the years - totally unexpected situations forcing them together for short times or moments and them forging some odd connection previous to Atlantis & Antarctica that way. It could be quite a sweet fanfic infact.
                                Apft! Stop reading my fic notes!
                                sigpic
                                http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Working...
                                X