• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post
    That is an awesome Christmas list, Sue
    Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyBoyFanGirl View Post
      I have a question about Australians...too bad Sha isn't here to answer it.

Spoiler:
      Does anyone know what Aussies say when they're embarrassed? Like if they burp in public?
      Spoiler:
      Mmm, good question ... I don't think there is anything specific really. 'Pardon' or 'excuse me' are what I'm teaching my kids. Maybe in the outback there are more colloquial phrases - sadly I don't know what they are since I've not been out there myself. I guess that makes me a bad Aussie!!

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
      Love the backgrounds! I love blue & silver, red & gold, green & gold... Yeah, it's definitely beginning to look a lot like Christmas. The stores were packed today already--made the grocery shopping take twice as long. Mind, I do adore Christmas--I just hate how materialistic everyone gets. I miss the ones like I used to have as a kid in New Hampshire--you didn't have to get some expensive thing for everyone you ever clapped eyes on, our tree was from the nursery just up the road and we walked there, cut it down and dragged it back on my sled. **sigh** I miss snowy Christmasses. Can we put in requests for the artwork?

Lorne has me, too! I just don't have that GIMP down yet. Mind, if I had two minutes to rub together... Finally home and settled--everyone's fed, chores done, even got in some snuggle time with Mr WW since we've barely seen each other in the past three days. We were watching a show with Jill Wagner (SGA, Travelers for those who might not know) as a co-host. Now, it's time to lurk and write. Oh, and Sha--I finally finished Impressions while I was working earlier. It was really interesting--loved the ending! And an interview with Kavan!

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/m...h34m34s0-1.jpg
      Yay for finishing Impressions - glad and not surprised you found it interesting. Yes, Kavan interview - deliberately didn't mention it as it was a very nice surprise for me too when I listened the first time. My fav line 'I had a girlfriend once who said I had a nice voice' and 'don't burst my bubble if I don't'

Originally posted by Sue_Jackson View Post
      Now that's a wish list anyone could get behind Sue Very nice ...

Loved seeing the discussion around Christmas colours etc ... I'm happy to see wish lists and then see what I can come up with. The ones already mentioned by WW are exactly enough detail but not to much to inspire when I sit down at the GIMP table. As for my fav christmas colours, I think it's more christmas things - love trees, and decorations and carols ... and you all know I love Lorne ... and Jack ... and Shep and Cam .... see, I'd be so easy to please here!

sigpic

Comment

Sue, lovely wish list! Saw it last night when I posted my response, but by then, I was off to bed.

As to wish/prompt lists--I'll try to come up with some others, but in the end, y'all know, if it's got Lorne, I'm happy.

Sha, Kavan's GF was so right. I could listen to him read the phone book and be happy. That was my first "Book on tape" since they were literally on tapes.

Bay, I was thinking--how about including some fic in the Christmas "gift exchange"? Anything from drabbles to short fic, with holiday-themed prompts. They wouldn't have to have only our flyboys, so long as they were featured; that way, someone like lg, who adores Carson, might be able to get a fic that focusses on Carson, but with one of the flyboys in a secondary role. Any chance, if that's kosher, that someone might feel creative enough to make a banner? Just wondering...

Well, gotta go grab my shower (I slept in--didn't get up 'til nearly 8 ). I'll tweak some more of the scene with some ideas I got from a mag last night and then off to deliver to my big client. Hopefully only a half day today and I can spend the rest doing some house-cleaning and get some more writing done tonight. Will be lurking about. Ciao for now!

sigpic
        Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
        Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
          Bay, I was thinking--how about including some fic in the Christmas "gift exchange"? Anything from drabbles to short fic, with holiday-themed prompts. They wouldn't have to have only our flyboys, so long as they were featured; that way, someone like lg, who adores Carson, might be able to get a fic that focusses on Carson, but with one of the flyboys in a secondary role. Any chance, if that's kosher, that someone might feel creative enough to make a banner? Just wondering...
          WW, we do have something planned that has a writing component...I'll PM you shortly.
          sigpic

Comment

sigpic
            Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

Morning Flyboy thunkers... Morning Sue and WW

sigpic

Comment

Good morning Bay!

sigpic
                Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

So glad it is Saturday!

sigpic

Comment

morning ALL!!!

dont forget today is
                    RE-WATCH for SGA Poisoning the Well TODAY..

my prompt - vote http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7541677/1/

art

sigpic

Comment

thanks for the ideas for christmas.. I have 2 ideas that I have started.. but still tweeking.. and for my colors.. guess all those years without snow... and with east and west coast sunny beaches i like pale blue and white.. and lots and lots of twinkle lights

sigpic

Comment

would love to play today.. but Mr. Brn b-day is tomorrow and he is calling in B-day weekend!!!! (big baby) but since I get got my b-day gift already and my day not till June.. LET THE PARTY BEGIN..lol

sigpic

Comment

just some thunking to get me thru the day..
                          love the lighting on this one..

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

think this should hold me over till this evening...
                              and Sha dont worry about putting Shep and Cam lower on your list.. trust me when I say I dont think Bay and I mind NOT having to share soo much.. (holds him close.. mine all mine.. )

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X