Team Flyboy (thunking, shipping, discussion) - Lorne/Mitchell/Sheppard/O'Neill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post
    I'm jealous of your speed and time. Absolutely green, but it sounds like this might not be a hard challenge for you then.

http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/x...2/2922af5e.png
    The only reason I have the time is 'cause my job ended in August. As for the challenge, the amount isn't hard. It's that I'm not doing fanfic, so it's ALL OCs.

Comment

At least you have some experience doing that in the past.

sigpic

Comment

True. It's just been a long time.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Good luck with NaNo, LG! I did it a couple of years ago and made it to the 50,000 words with no problems. I wish I had backed up the story better--that's one of the ones that was fried out of my hard drive. I didn't participate last year because I was just too danged busy (Nov is a busy month for us as it is, with b-days and anniversaries). I don't think I'll participate this year because I'm just too far behind on work organization (ie: taxes ). Plus, I'd like to actually have a plot, an outline, and some research done ahead of time (or at least have the research websites). I have a plot for an orig fic, but no time for the rest right now.

Bay--HI AGAIN! What is tut week? Would this be a good opportunity for me to learn about GIMP finally?

Will check back in soon. Opening my windows to the (finally!) cool air has shown me a lot of dust. Time to go remove it...
                sigpic
                Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

WW - I do find the tuts helpful in learning new things... but I would say whenever you are ready to start Gimping to just plunge in. We can help you every step of the way and that thread is good no matter the week or challenge they are doing... they are always helpful and will answer any questions as well. There are people at all levels of learning there and they are all very nice and supportive.

Art For All Thread
                  sigpic

Comment

I agree with Bay, WW. Gimp is really easy--to me--and I've found that the AfA thread is an awesome place to be encouraged as well has get some great tips.

Comment

Cool, Bay! Thanks!

LG--meant to add, I understand about Carson.

Spoilered for being OT:

Spoiler:
                      I'm not really that into him as a "leading man" myself, but I totally love his sense of humor, his dedication, his intelligence (and yes! his eyes!), amongst other things. For me, he'd be one of those "slow burns" rather than instant heat. But it could happen. Totally could see it happening. Mind, the accent would be the end of me--I'm a sucker for accents, particularly those from the British Isles--WHEN they're done right.
                      sigpic
                      Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                      Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
                        Cool, Bay! Thanks!

LG--meant to add, I understand about Carson.

Spoilered for being OT:

Spoiler:
                        I'm not really that into him as a "leading man" myself, but I totally love his sense of humor, his dedication, his intelligence (and yes! his eyes!), amongst other things. For me, he'd be one of those "slow burns" rather than instant heat. But it could happen. Totally could see it happening. Mind, the accent would be the end of me--I'm a sucker for accents, particularly those from the British Isles--WHEN they're done right.
                        Spoilered for OT
                        Spoiler:
                        Yeah, I didn't get into Carson much until July or so. I got the idea to write a clone!Carson fic, and I totally fell in love with the character. But you're right about the slow burn. That's why Those Who Survive, a Carson/OC fic about what might have happened if he'd survived "Sunday," took 30 chapters to tell. Both he and his leading lady had issues to work through, though hers were emotional while his physical. Still, it was an immediate attraction but took about a year's worth of time to build.

And, yes! The accent! LOVE the accent!

Comment

Kavan: "Accents" you say?
                          Me: No! Love you to death, Kavan, but the last British accent I heard you do, I nearly stabbed my eardrums out to stop the pain...
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
                            http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/m...9m21s131-1.jpg

Kavan: "Accents" you say?
                            Me: No! Love you to death, Kavan, but the last British accent I heard you do, I nearly stabbed my eardrums out to stop the pain...
                            I know!!!

Speaking of Human Target and that accent, I have a story called "Windows of Redemption." It's about Nathan. And I had a friend who is from that area of England help me out with the accent.

Comment

I swear to you, I had an answer posted to this! It was long and well thought-out and had a pic and everything! Now, it's too much work to do again. You get a pic, though:

ETA: I really do need to go do that dusting and check on supper...
                              sigpic

Comment

Love the pic!

Comment

Working...
                                X