Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
    Ladies,

I won't be around this week. My dad is having surgery for stage 1 Colon Cancer on Tuesday so I will be at the hospital a lot. I'll be back next week most likely and hopefully with artwork if my muse cooperates.

Padme
    Oh Padme. I am so sorry to hear that. I will keep you in my prayers. **HUGGLES**

We will be here if you need to vent.

Comment

I'm probably going to get booed out of the thread for this, but if they are going to continue with T/K (I know gag) I would kinda like them to show two friends fall in love. Teyla needs love too, guys. And if this is the was things play out, then sure. What I saw of K/T (in the one episode that he actually was Kanaan and not a hybrid) was a friendship. If we must be forced down this particular road, I'd actually like to see something develop believably rather than more of what we have being crammed down our throats as that isn't believable.

I'm in much the same place with Ronon/Amelia. With both, I've been doing, whaaaat???? Make it make sense.
      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
        I'm probably going to get booed out of the thread for this, but if they are going to continue with T/K (I know gag) I would kinda like them to show two friends fall in love. Teyla needs love too, guys. And if this is the was things play out, then sure. What I saw of K/T (in the one episode that he actually was Kanaan and not a hybrid) was a friendship. If we must be forced down this particular road, I'd actually like to see something develop believably rather than more of what we have being crammed down our throats as that isn't believable.

I'm in much the same place with Ronon/Amelia. With both, I've been doing, whaaaat???? Make it make sense.
        With these guys track record on the romance front, i'd rather not see any romance at all on the show if it's gonna end up being a joke
        sigpic

Comment

i when i first read Teyilia sneezing and making a BBQ with it i was like ieeeewwwww but then i remembered that she's a dragon and it suddenly made sense

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
          I thought you wanted to give john and Teyla a bath with the rubber ducky

Yeah, I still don't know how a bat works in the bath
          right, but i didn't want to take a bath with them - that would be weird...
          hehe, don't mind kitty, my little feline/dragon frined is a little protective of me
          alright, i'm warned now
          I know it I don't throw foods at just anyone ya know
          awww, that's flattering. thank you
          Ladies,

I won't be around this week. My dad is having surgery for stage 1 Colon Cancer on Tuesday so I will be at the hospital a lot. I'll be back next week most likely and hopefully with artwork if my muse cooperates.

Padme
          oh no, i hope everything goes well Padme *hugs* *crosses fingers*
          Originally posted by bluealien View Post
          Well I still don't care to see it and any forced scenes between them would be cringeworthy IMO... I think the ptb pretty much know this and that's why the relationship has been ignored... Kanaan was just a plot device to explain Teyla's pregnancy and I think that's all it will ever be used for.. they were never interested in expanding the relationship as I think they are aware that very few fans would be interested watching Teyla interact with a character as bland and boring as Kanaan..

I think it also keeps Teyla tucked away now so the focus can be on their new favourite character and her relationship... Since Teyla has become a mom she is no longer seen as the hot alien ... I don't think we've seen her in her Athosian outfits except in Prodigal for the entire season 5.... also the lack of interaction and fomality between her and John and her team mates in general.. she's a mom now and cant be seen being too friendly even with her closest friends.... so having a baby seems to involve having a personality change in the eyes of the ptb...
          yeah.. i hear you. i think they wanted to show that becoming a mother is a responsible step and somehow being responsible might not go along with being sexy in their opinion...

Comment

With these guys track record on the romance front, i'd rather not see any romance at all on the show if it's gonna end up being a joke
            That's the other option I'd be willing to accept. But I doubt we'll get that. Just everyone insisting that T/K are meant for each other and McKeller.

Sorry, I've been in rant mode all morning. Not usual for me.
            sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Fainne View Post
              i when i first read Teyilia sneezing and making a BBQ with it i was like ieeeewwwww but then i remembered that she's a dragon and it suddenly made sense
              Are you just up

right, but i didn't want to take a bath with them - that would be weird...
              Oh I don't know, I think it could be quite funny

That's the other option I'd be willing to accept. But I doubt we'll get that. Just everyone insisting that T/K are meant for each other and McKeller.

Sorry, I've been in rant mode all morning. Not usual for me.
              Yep and they made great work of those two romances, eh

Oh I know, didn't you see me in the "Is Ronon a pointless character" thread
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Camy
                I think several things happened towards the end there...who knows. It's sad because not only did they kill pretty much John and Teyla by keeping them apart in Season 5 but they never developed that whatever relationship between Kanaan and Teyla and as much as I never care to see it, Teyla deserved to be seen and shown having a relationship with Kanaan and not simply because he was the father of her child.

Ugh, don't get me started.
                Ita, especially on the bolded part. Even if these guys never ended up as "lovers", why kill their friendship as well? Made no sense...

UNLESS there was jealousy involved

Well I still don't care to see it and any forced scenes between them would be cringeworthy IMO... I think the ptb pretty much know this and that's why the relationship has been ignored... Kanaan was just a plot device to explain Teyla's pregnancy and I think that's all it will ever be used for.. they were never interested in expanding the relationship as I think they are aware that very few fans would be interested watching Teyla interact with a character as bland and boring as Kanaan..

I think it also keeps Teyla tucked away now so the focus can be on their new favourite character and her relationship... Since Teyla has become a mom she is no longer seen as the hot alien ... I don't think we've seen her in her Athosian outfits except in Prodigal for the entire season 5.... also the lack of interaction and fomality between her and John and her team mates in general.. she's a mom now and cant be seen being too friendly even with her closest friends.... so having a baby seems to involve having a personality change in the eyes of the ptb...
                That´s my thoughts exactly. She really did seem rather distant from them, did´t she?
                I still think it was odd she´d call John "Colonel" all through DV. It was only her and the team. Small thing, I know. But it bothered me a little

good luck to your father, Padme!

Check out this amazing vid by SGAFan on YouTube Joe IS Rockford!
                picfic craziness against boredom: Col.Sheppard & the nutty whumpers

Comment

Are you just up
                  not really, just got back from roaming the city center with Cazz and Gater... the last time before they leave Berlin
                  Oh I don't know, I think it could be quite funny
                  hmm, i don't want to be responsible for them not becoming a couple

Comment

To me, how TPTB showed Teyla as a mom seemed to show how out of touch they were. Fine, let's say Kanaan and Teyla loved each other...can a woman in a romantic relationship not have male friends? Of course she can...it's just you know, it would take the people in charge having a maturity level above 12 (which, if you look at the Ronon/Keller/Rodney love triangle, you can see they aren't above that).

I was never like "John and Teyla MUST END UP TOGETHER OR ELSE!!!!!!" But, I always thought their friendship played a significant role (look at Sateda, Doppleganger, Return Pt. 1, The Long Goodbye, Home, etc.) on the show. Season five (with the exception on The Queen room scene) was just pathetic on the John and Teyla having a grown up relationship front.

I will appreciate the awesome scenes we got in the first three seasons because, to me, that's what I love about John and Teyla.
                    sigpic
                    Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Fainne View Post
                      not really, just got back from roaming the city center with Cazz and Gater... the last time before they leave Berlin :

(hmm, i don't want to be responsible for them not becoming a couple
                      ah ok

Now who would think you were to blame

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
                      To me, how TPTB showed Teyla as a mom seemed to show how out of touch they were. Fine, let's say Kanaan and Teyla loved each other...can a woman in a romantic relationship not have male friends? Of course she can...it's just you know, it would take the people in charge having a maturity level above 12 (which, if you look at the Ronon/Keller/Rodney love triangle, you can see they aren't above that).

I was never like "John and Teyla MUST END UP TOGETHER OR ELSE!!!!!!" But, I always thought their friendship played a significant role (look at Sateda, Doppleganger, Return Pt. 1, The Long Goodbye, Home, etc.) on the show. Season five (with the exception on The Queen room scene) was just pathetic on the John and Teyla having a grown up relationship front.

I will appreciate the awesome scenes we got in the first three seasons because, to me, that's what I love about John and Teyla.
                      Frat boys living out their male fasntasies Ya know, the geek getting the girl
                      sigpic

Comment

Hi everyone How are you ?
                        ah good my french cousin

I guess he's one of those actors that everyone probably has, that doesn't matter what he does i'll just never be able to take to him

Spoiler:
                        I think Scotland was originally Catholic all those millenia ago until the Protestants grew and grew

Scotland does have a long and great history

You do know the Loch Ness monster isn't actually real, right? We only bring that out at the holiday time

Very nice, I like how she mixed the two together!
                        OT Scotland
                        Spoiler:
                        Did you realise that you broke my heart saying me that Nessie didn't exist I'm sure Scotland history is awesome. I keep hope to visit your country someday

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                        On JM's blog :
                        Spoiler:

Q. PG15 writes: About Teyla; quite a few people raised the criticism of her wearing particularly skimpy costumes in order to appeal to the male viewers. Do you have comments on this?'
                        A. Hey, she’s a warrior. Baggy clothing makes it tricky to maneuver. That said, while sexy (and I’m sure the same thing could be said for Ronon’s attire), it was always tasteful and appropriate.

But when asked
                        Spoiler:

Q. What do you think about the quality of the portrayal of women in Stargate? How does it compare to the quality of the portrayal of the male characters?

A. I think we’ve had some strong and wonderfully unique characters in Stargate. Obviously the first one that comes to mind is Samantha Carter who, over her many years on the franchise, has become one of the most recognized and respected female characters in SF television. On the opposite end of the spectrum, you have the equally strong but certainly more, uh, colorful Vala Mal Doran whose mercenary outlook belied a certain vulnerability. The women of Stargate: Universe also possess a depth of character we’re just beginning to explore.

Kinda gives the Atlantis ladies the Flanigan treatment, huh?
                        Thanks for the update too bad he never said somethings before as for the SGA women i prefer not pronounce myself I could be 'mean (?)
                        Originally posted by Hope24 View Post
                        Hey guys. I know the news on the JT's front as been lousy. And down right depressing lately. But you guys got to hang in there! What Joe and Rachel brought to John and Teyal was that natural chemistry. And that chemistry can not be erase by bad writing or no writing by tptb.

This thread was the reason I joined GW. And I hate seeing how slow it has gotten in here. If the other ships can hang in there, then surely we can too.

*shakes head* Very much so. And not suprising any more.

Spoiler:

I truly don't respect the man anymore. And as for the women of Stargate Universe possessing depth of character, I will never know. As a matter of principal, I have no intention of watching the show even if I like a couple of the actors/actresses on the show too. The fact that the show has these tptb behind it...who seems not to respect too much their own actors and actresses of their own show *coughs* SGA, or the show itself, and me as a viewer of the show. Why would I want to invest in another show with them? No thank you! I will wait for the SGA's movie and that with reservations, but at least I will make the effort to see it.
                        I totally understand you and share your feeling As for GW I'm like you it's for this thread that I joined
                        Besides your Pretender sig is awesome
                        Originally posted by Elflinn View Post
                        Fic Rec!

Alright, here you go!

Recurring Visions by Pygmymuse
                        http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4695016/4/Recurring_Visions

I literally just started reading this fic today and it so ROCKS! Of course, y'all will want and have to start from chapter one!

A massive JT fic! Yes! Yes!

Read it or die!

Happy Reading! Enjoy!
                        Thanks for the link it's a great story
                        Aweome icons yeah you made Speed ones too
                        Originally posted by Hope24 View Post
                        Thanks. NP, here if you need me. Hope you know that?

Thanks. I like this episode a lot.

Spoiler:

But I think the writers missed big time when it came to the emotions. Disappointed by the lack of John's angst. I just didn't feel there was a lot of concern for Teyla. I don't recall hearing...how is Teyla holding up by anyone as they watch her on the monitor, on their way to the tower, nothing...I guess everyone knew Michael wouldn't hurt her

NCIS

Spoiler:
                        Me too. Should interesting. There was a lot of tension going around. I read a synopsis of the episode on CBS site last weekend. And it states that Gibbs told Ziva not to come back to NCIS. But if I recall correctly, besides Ziva being upset with Tony…I thought it was that conversation with her father that force her hand into staying and going on that mission.

Oh, have you talk to Elf? They really had some bad weather in her area overnight last night.

LOL! I see someone has been busy again.
                        Prodigal
                        Spoiler:
                        It's fun i agree with you on this. I always thought that concerning Teyla they always missed a thing concerning stress with John I mean. The Ark is my all time favorite ep but seriously I so wan(ted to see the angst on John face seeing that she wasn't there and a lot of time action was too quick and never shown emotions. Seriously the speed of the end of Prodigal was disconcerting I mean even as friendship if the authors had been honnests with themselves there would have been an hug or something. They were friends all these years not for dislike each other like this particularly without explanation

Milestone, I have a milestone Anywho, thanks

What WHAT....Teyla kicks some terminator touch?

You guys are so loving this

*giggles* lookie what sci made for me

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n...s-AM-Queen.jpg

[url]http://www.smilescollection.com/smiles/love/sc_9123.gif[/img]
                        Wow it's true it's an awesome sig
                        Ola peeps.... how are you all...

Life if busy atm so I'm just popping in to say a quick hellooo.... Cazz and Gater are keeping us in suspence I see..

Not expecting much from Rachel though on the JT side as she likes to stay neutral I think.... JM has made it clear that Teyla and Kanaan are going to live happily ever after in invisible land... so I'm not expecting anything... I think Rachel was just so happy the producers kept her on after her pregnancy she didn't really care who the writers came up with to be the father of Teyla's child ..

But JT are most definitely the only pairing I see on Atlantis and soooo perfect for one another it's really such a shame that the ptb had to be such wusses when it came to their relationship.. but then neither Joe or Rachel were the favourite children..

Oh by the way I came runner up in the Blu-Ray Fan Competition for the DVD... I was pretty surprised as that particular entry of mine was not my fav and I wasnt really happy with it..

Here it is if anyone is interested..

Once again I totally agree with you.
                        And congratulations for your almost win, I really like it it's awesome and you'll find me odd but I loved how you placed Teyla and McKay, too bad once again the authors missed the point
                        sigpic
                        Sig by the Great Linda06

Comment

ah ok

I was so sorry to read about Primevel Hun but keep your Temper in check i saw your post on the Primevel thread i found it Hilarious waht you put but i dont think the mods will
                          Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

sci made me another sig

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n...Lindas-AM1.jpg

[url]http://www.smilescollection.com/smiles/love/sc_9378.gif[/img]
                            I love this one besides this man isn't bad at all
                            Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                            Here it is then

Well, I (Cazz ) asked Rachel what she thought of JM's post on JT having a mutual attraction but that Teyla had settled with Kanaan. She started with that sweet lovely Raxhel smile she has and said 'Well he's a writer, he has his opinion. Ýou know these writers, they all have their opinions, she laughed. But you know, Teyla definately has an affinity to Kanaan, they grew up together but you know..." Then the girl next to her piped up 'If there had been another season?' And Rachel goes 'Yeah... you know... dot dot dot!' (she actually said dot dot dot )

It was clear that she wasn't too enamoured with the writers thoughts on it all and that she was expecting something between John and Teyla but it never happened
                            Hi i hope you enjoyed your holidays Thanks for letting us know (even if I'm a little disturbed by her meaning on Teyla Kanaan (why use the same term as for John Teyla). LOL ok I let it down
                            Originally posted by Camy View Post
                            Awww...thank you Cazz. Rachel has always been a JT shipper. She's never denied the attraction between John and Teyla and as you all know, Joe and Rachel have always played the attraction on screen as well.

We didn't make this stuff up guys! It was there till the end. Just them standing next to each other at the end tells us that it's never left. And even the writers can't deny it.

So, basically, Teyla is in
                            Spoiler:
                            loveless relationship. Harboring feelings for John and John as well harboring feelings for a woman who is with another man.
                            How idiotic is that? *grrr*
                            Yeah totally pathetic
                            Originally posted by SheppAddictedFangirl View Post
                            http://i734.photobucket.com/albums/w...uarantine7.jpg

:sheppard Looks like we´re busted!

http://i734.photobucket.com/albums/w...uarantine8.jpg

:sheppard .. you weren´t all that convincingly "in loooove" with that other guy...
                            :teyla And you were too thick headed to make the right move!!!
                            :sheppard Don´t worry, they´ll fix it in their virtual season 6!

I love it I love too what Teyla said
                            Originally posted by Camy View Post
                            I think several things happened towards the end there...who knows. It's sad because not only did they kill pretty much John and Teyla by keeping them apart in Season 5 but they never developed that whatever relationship between Kanaan and Teyla and as much as I never care to see it, Teyla deserved to be seen and shown having a relationship with Kanaan and not simply because he was the father of her child.

Ugh, don't get me started.
                            Amen
                            Ladies,

Padme
                            Good luck Padme to all of you and particularly your father. God helps you HUGS

ITA with you on this too. Seriously I love Teyla and I want her character to be developped. I could be okay with Kanaan but he serves no purpose if it has to be there then they really have interest to made him serve Teyla purpose.

Yeah and it's what disturbed me so much but you know selfishly i'm glad because a lot of people discovered that JT friendship was really important for the show. Seriously S5 was bad for JT and yet how many comments there was on JT. Because I really thing people watched SGA for the team and JT friendship was the core of the team (yeah a lot more than Mckay Shep (the proof while playing a lot on McShep a lot of people started to complain)).
                            But seriously okay they put Teyla and Kanaan together, because never there was attraction between JT so it was the occasion to play on their friendship as always.
                            True as the end of Prodigal there could have been a hug or something, like in S4, it was a normal continuation of their friendship in S4. but no they didn't know how to play Kanaan that wasn't there and the friendship thet finally perhaps wasn't a friendship (and we know since a long time but we will say Sateda that there is more than a mutual attraction between JT and they didn't risk to jump each other because they were more than friends almost on the same level and respect and really love each other too much).
                            Seriously they fight each other for their life on this tiny balcon and what not a word no seriously we lived a dream during 4 years in fact JT didn't knew each other, Teyla only passed on this balcon and being a lover of game war decided to join the fight

I think I'll stop here for now LOL

I made a little something. it's bad I tried to inspire myself from something that I've seen but the result isn't good at all. But it was so long since i did something and this is JT so i post it anyway in good memory LOL
                            sigpic
                            Sig by the Great Linda06

Comment

ah ok

sigpic
                              Sig by the Great Linda06

Comment

WELL said Jess.

I know for me personally, I didn't come into SGA until the 3rd season and I saw right away how they were for each other. Especially John's feelings for Teyla. I personally think that once the writers stopped getting imput from the actors they brought the level of character growth down. They need to think outside of the box, start fresh and give what the fans want.... JT loving!! Ok. That was just for the JT fans.

Congrats on Milestone!!!

Thanks Asgard and nice artwork.

Comment

Working...
                                X