John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ruby_caspar View Post
    Well it took me a little longer than an hour but here's a missing moment from S&R... based around the dart scene. It's called 'The Long Way Home'.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4341116/1/
    *sigh* That was perfect!
    *Beautiful sig by Scifan!*

“Because you can.”

--

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
      Very much appreciated!

I shall return in approximately 43 minutes! Wonder what I'll be doing

hmmmm i don't know what your away to do

Originally posted by scifan View Post
      Oh Linda!! You too.
      Spoiler:
      I thought you were going to wait.

heh,um yeah...what can i say,i'm weak
      sigpic

Comment

Well it took me a little longer than an hour but here's a missing moment from S&R... based around the dart scene. It's called 'The Long Way Home'.

Beautiful!!!!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Camy View Post
          I went crazy on that first scene...156 caps...*sighs* Since this isn't the HD quality I won't go overboard with the finer details because for fanart I really like the HD caps. But most certainly, I will get that capture for you.

There were so many great SCENES!!! It is truly one of the BEST Season openers without a doubt and one of the overall best episodes...

I thought (S&R)
          Spoiler:
          Sam was FANTASTIC in this one, too! Really had some great substance for her. Kanan bugged the heck out of me...I was so with Teyla when she question whose safety he was concerned about! I hope he doesn't stay long in Atlantis. Did you guys noticed when John looked Kanan up and down and then when Kanan stared back at John defiantly or almost jealously....*not sure if that's even a word* But that was a great moment...and when John sort of pushed his way through Rodney and Ronon...their faces...PRICELESS and then just stood right behind Teyla protectively, possesively. No way in hell was he going to let Kanan do whatever he wanted. He was in control and he was taking Teyla and baby back to Atlantis...AWESOME!! *faints*
          S&R:
          Spoiler:
          I saw that too!!!
          Between John and K. WOW!! IMO
          Any theories on the missing jumper.

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
            I LOVED IT!

Oh dear god....She's gone and fainted again....NINAAAAAAAAA.....You got the smelling salts ready!
            No worries...Momma Camy took care of me...she wants to go shopping....*she's the real shopper, I'm just a small replica of the original* So, the squeeing is going to have to wait, *sniff and hugs computer screen*

I'll be back later tonight...never have I thought that going shopping would be torture...NEVER! *sniff*

Keep Squeeing..and Ruby..I"ll cap that for you tonight! 'kay?
            sigpic

Comment

hmmmm i don't know what your away to do
              ARRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHH It's not working

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

LOVED it!

Left you a review

I got it - thanks Cazz!

I went crazy on that first scene...156 caps...*sighs* Since this isn't the HD quality I won't go overboard with the finer details because for fanart I really like the HD caps. But most certainly, I will get that capture for you.

There were so many great SCENES!!! It is truly one of the BEST Season openers without a doubt and one of the overall best episodes...

I thought
                Spoiler:
                Sam was FANTASTIC in this one, too! Really had some great substance for her. Kanan bugged the heck out of me...I was so with Teyla when she question whose safety he was concerned about! I hope he doesn't stay long in Atlantis. Did you guys noticed when John looked Kanan up and down and then when Kanan stared back at John defiantly or almost jealously....*not sure if that's even a word* But that was a great moment...and when John sort of pushed his way through Rodney and Ronon...their faces...PRICELESS and then just stood right behind Teyla protectively, possesively. No way in hell was he going to let Kanan do whatever he wanted. He was in control and he was taking Teyla and baby back to Atlantis...AWESOME!! *faints*
                See for that scene what I liked most was
                Spoiler:
                that Ronon was like 'I don't trust him' but as soon as Teyla said that she trusted him John seemed to accept it as a good enough reason. Sure the image of him standing behind Teyla was very protective, but it was also sweet in the way he was willing to take Teyla's word because he trusts her so much. Brilliance.

And thanks!!

Originally posted by cc_mac View Post
                Will have to wait.
                Saved the link. Thanks ruby.
                Cool you're welcome.

I will read as soon as I can Ruby.

I have some ideas of my own for missing scenes.
                Great, can't wait to read them!

Originally posted by TeylaFan View Post
                *sigh* That was perfect!
                Aw thanks sweetie!

Beautiful!!!!
                Thanks Camy!
                Last edited by ruby_caspar; 22 June 2008, 06:42 AM.
                sigpic

Thanks to YappiChick for the lovely sig

Comment

S&R:
                  Spoiler:
                  I saw that too!!!
                  Between John and K. WOW!! IMO
                  Any theories on the missing jumper.
                  I think
                  Spoiler:
                  that Michael also used Carson to get the ATA vaccination and he's used it to escape the exploding ship, and since it was cloaked that's how he got away without them noticing. Because otherwise they would have seen him escaping. He'll probably use the jumper in his dastardly ploy later in the series when he takes over the control room.

No worries...Momma Camy took care of me...she wants to go shopping....*she's the real shopper, I'm just a small replica of the original* So, the squeeing is going to have to wait, *sniff and hugs computer screen*

I'll be back later tonight...never have I thought that going shopping would be torture...NEVER! *sniff*

Keep Squeeing..and Ruby..I"ll cap that for you tonight! 'kay?
                  Thanks Camy! ((HUGS))
                  sigpic

Comment

ARRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHH It's not working

Oh nooooooooooooooo.......
                    sigpic

Comment

I think
                      Spoiler:
                      that Michael also used Carson to get the ATA vaccination and he's used it to escape the exploding ship, and since it was cloaked that's how he got away without them noticing. Because otherwise they would have seen him escaping. He'll probably use the jumper in his dastardly ploy later in the series when he takes over the control room.

Thanks Camy! ((HUGS))
                      Ruby: The spoiler in previous post is open.

ITA: I was thinking the same way about Prodical

Comment

Yeah i noticed that,she put . instead of /
                        sigpic

Comment

Seeing as I'm still here for the time being

I need some help Completely off topic, yet sort of on!
                          Spoiler:
                          I have to decide what to do my dissertation on! I have two proposals and can't choose between them.

1) To investigate the lead characters of American TV shows. Why they are the lead and how they conform/contrast the American Dream.

This is what my tutor said: "I think the first thing you say is the most interesting and especially picking out…how do the lead character within a certain TV programme conform or contrast from the American Dream?… if you talked about someone like Tony Soprano from The Sopranos you could relate the Italian American immigrant experience shown in cinema/tv The Godfather/cinema of Martin Scorsese Mean Streets/Good Fellas/Raging Bull etc…what is their idea of the American Dream?( who came up with the idea of the American Dream in the first place?) What do they have to achieve to accomplish this/ what is the experience of them who came before this? Is the American Dream purely about commercial success and economics or is it about more about feeling at home in a country etc…this is just an example but you could do this on any lead character within a film or tv show"

2) Look into viewing figures and why some genres are cult (like Scifi and SGA ) but have huge fandoms and other get more viewers but they watch the ep and then forget about it till the next. Also about how the internet has affected communication between fans and the programme makers.

My tutor says: "Firstly I think you should define what ‘Cult Viewing’ is….and what are cult viewing figures? as a starting point…what is it about the Sci fi genre which means they don’t get big viewing figures? They have a fanbase of fanatics who use a variety of media to keep up to date and in touch…in this idea should you could look at the how the internet has transformed programme viewers interaction with the programme makers and each other…has there been any time when an online protest over the way a shows storyline has been going has been affected by the public and internet forums..there are loads more areas you could look at on this…"

Like I said, I wanna do both *pouts* but I can't and I can't decide!!!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

On Topic: JT rules!

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Whoops! Thanks!

Yeah i noticed that,she put . instead of /
                            Yes let's all laugh at Ruby pressing the wrong key of her laptop. Ha ha ha.

Seeing as I'm still here for the time being

I need some help Completely off topic, yet sort of on!
                            Spoiler:
                            I have to decide what to do my dissertation on! I have two proposals and can't choose between them.

1) To investigate the lead characters of American TV shows. Why they are the lead and how they conform/contrast the American Dream.

This is what my tutor said: "I think the first thing you say is the most interesting and especially picking out…how do the lead character within a certain TV programme conform or contrast from the American Dream?… if you talked about someone like Tony Soprano from The Sopranos you could relate the Italian American immigrant experience shown in cinema/tv The Godfather/cinema of Martin Scorsese Mean Streets/Good Fellas/Raging Bull etc…what is their idea of the American Dream?( who came up with the idea of the American Dream in the first place?) What do they have to achieve to accomplish this/ what is the experience of them who came before this? Is the American Dream purely about commercial success and economics or is it about more about feeling at home in a country etc…this is just an example but you could do this on any lead character within a film or tv show"

2) Look into viewing figures and why some genres are cult (like Scifi and SGA ) but have huge fandoms and other get more viewers but they watch the ep and then forget about it till the next. Also about how the internet has affected communication between fans and the programme makers.

My tutor says: "Firstly I think you should define what ‘Cult Viewing’ is….and what are cult viewing figures? as a starting point…what is it about the Sci fi genre which means they don’t get big viewing figures? They have a fanbase of fanatics who use a variety of media to keep up to date and in touch…in this idea should you could look at the how the internet has transformed programme viewers interaction with the programme makers and each other…has there been any time when an online protest over the way a shows storyline has been going has been affected by the public and internet forums..there are loads more areas you could look at on this…"

Like I said, I wanna do both *pouts* but I can't and I can't decide!!!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

On Topic: JT rules!

I'd go with the first one.
                            sigpic

Comment

Oh and i don't think i said how much i love the artwork for MrsB,EG...Awesome as always!
                              Originally posted by wraithlord View Post
                              Hi everyone

TF, EG, Linda, sci, Luci and asgard - I'm stunned by all the artwork you made as usual they are fantastic great job!

Here's a simple Teyla sig i made

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p84/wriathlord/Artwork/Signatures/teylasig.jpg[/IMG]

I'm also working on a John sig but that's going to take me a bit longer to finish.
                              Thanks Linda and WL.
                              Simple is best, Lordy, well done.
                              Oh right...The reason i came in here in the first place

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n153/Linda0606/Stargate%20Atlantis/my%20siggies/JohnTheeye1JPEG.jpg[/IMG]

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n153/Linda0606/Stargate%20Atlantis/my%20siggies/JohnTheeye2JPEG.jpg[/IMG]

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n153/Linda0606/Stargate%20Atlantis/my%20siggies/TeylaTheeye1JPEG.jpg[/IMG]

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n153/Linda0606/Stargate%20Atlantis/my%20siggies/TeylaTheeye2JPEG.jpg[/IMG]

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n153/Linda0606/Stargate%20Atlantis/my%20siggies/TeylaTheeye3JPEG.jpg[/IMG]
                              Dark. Very dark. Wouldn't have expected anything else from you.

Originally posted by Mayra View Post
                              More beautiful artwork!. Great work Asgard and EG!
                              Thanks, Mayra.

Originally posted by DONNA BOOTH View Post
                              hey lea im mad i just got another Infraction they said my sig were too big
                              Oh no! Not again! So sorry to hear that. Greened you for it. *hugs*

Originally posted by DONNA BOOTH View Post
                              Round Robin part 6
                              Spoiler:
                              Was he even going to risk going through first as he knew full well what an excellent shot Teyla was
                              with her Bantos Sticks?

There was no way John was going to let Rodney know why he was going to let him go first.

The wormhole activated on the gate and Rodney let out a little sarcastic comment. ”We are like the blind leading the blind," he said in his usually smart ass kind of way.

Ronan who was stood to left of him nudged him to get a move on. Rodney shot a little look at John then fixed his stare back at Ronan. With a huff, he then proceeded towards the wormhole.

Ronon soon followed. Sheppard was not far behind him. Within seconds, Ronan, Rodney and John finally came out the other side to a sight he had gotten so used to.

John looked around for any signs of flying bantos sticks or a very angry fist but there was nothing.
                              Teyla must have headed straight to camp, probably as fast as her legs would carry her.

John was still reeling from the kiss he had planted on her in the gate room and was wondering if she was pissed or just shocked at what he had done.

Either way he was scared about facing her again.
                              He was pulled out of his thoughts by Ronan who was getting impatient of waiting around.

"Alright, let's get this show on the road," John insisted.

Ronan shot John a confused look. “Never mind," he said.

They continued making their way to the settlement. It was always nice coming to New Athos as it was such a beautiful planet. They could always smell the grass and the trees. It was heavenly.

Rodney stopped for a rest as he was exhausted. He couldn’t help but wonder how the Athosions dealt with having to walk all this way to get to the settlement.

He suddenly heard Ronan shouting several yards to the left. The Satedan was kneeling down on the ground, his hands touching something.

Rodney and John couldn’t see what it was from where they were. Together, they ran over to where Ronan was.

As they got closer, they realized what it was Ronan was touching, it was the body of a dead Athosion male. John immediately recognised him he was one of Teyla's close associates.

He was getting a really bad feeling already. "The settlement must be under attack," he said worriedly.

John, Ronan and Rodney quickly picked up their pace towards the settlement. As they got near they heard screams. John was immediately terrified for Teyla's safety.

He prayed to God nothing had happened to her. He didn’t know if he could go on if he lost her. Suddenly...
                              Great start!

Originally posted by john_and_teyla_for_life View Post
                              Ok guys, this is what i just posted on the Samanda thread:

On behaf of the John/Teyla shippers, we offer our condolences and sympathies for the loss of Deejay. All of GW is like a family, a great big family, and loosing a family member is something not taken lightly. We're sending our love and prayers to Deejay's family, and to all of those who are hurting from the passing of such a warm and friendly person.

Most sincerely,

The John/Teyla Shippers

hope it sounds alright.
                              thanks for doing that, well phrased.

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post

Awesome EG!!
                              Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                              Good morning JT'ers.... I see more and more are giving into their dark side and watching Search and Rescue....

I just can't wait for it to air so we can all squee together and there will be lots of squeeeing I can tell you. Probably the best JT episode ever IMO and a fantastic start to season five...

Love all the Artwork.. awesome icons and siggies everyone.... I have some caps of S&R but again can't really do anything with them at the moment. Lots of nice new material for some great walllies in the future..

Camy honey !! Are you feeling OK !!!
                              Thanks Everlovin and Blue!

Search and Rescue

I've just got home for the summer so was planning on getting back into the swing of the thread... and what a way to do so!!

Spoiler:
                              Wow. Just... wow. I was just so happy. It had all of my favourite things - Rodney and Teyla, Rodney and Lorne, John and Ronon, oh, and a little bit of Sheyla too...

I'd just like to say WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I WAS RIGHT! She named him Torran John!!! I said that the moment I found out she was pregnant!!! WOOT!!!!!!!!! So happy. I also find it hilarious that Martin Gero forgot that in Rising Teyla's father is called Tagan, but oh well. Torran is a nice name. Now we just need for them to start calling him TJ.

Kudos to Sci for saying the dinner would be in this ep when John was trapped - I didn't think it would be because I didn't think the SGA writers would give us something that great lol! But they proved me wrong... I loved it. I screamed when I saw Ford - how did he keep that so quiet at the convention?! It's nice to see that they haven't forgotten he existed. I thought the whole scene was wonderful, especially since it was all in John's mind - it really showed the deep angst he felt about Ford, and his worry that the same thing would happen to Teyla, that he wouldn't be able to save her. Poor John. And I loved that it tied into the scene again later in the infirmary, when she says the exact same thing to him - clearly he knows her well. And I think the fact that John knows that Teyla has that level of trust in him and will be expecting him to rescue her probably made him all the more frustrated and desperate.

Ah the infirmary... yet another great scene there. Just wonderful. It was so sweet seeing Teyla with little TJ and John trying to belittle his heroics as per usual. I think that this time Teyla had every right to go feeling special...

So the next episode is about Keller - it's the one where she was in prosthetics - which makes me think that it must be all about finding a cure for Kanaan. Maybe Keller gets infected or something like that. Have to say, I was very surprised he made it off the ship alive as I was expecting a huge heroic death of some kind, but I'm looking forward to seeing John react to having him on Atlantis, and the angst that will come of it. I don't think he'll be around for too long.

Again - just so happy!
                              Ruby! Long time no see! I still have pics of you in Vancouver, want to trade?

Originally posted by asgard30 View Post
                              Hi everybody ! Wow I think I've entered in an alternate universe. It happened so much I was gone hat ?... One day
                              There is a lot to catch. First of all I'm really saddened by what happened to Deejay and you did an awesome post.
                              I'm sorry too Donna for your sigs, I didn't know it could happened.
                              As for S&R I've read spoilers. I haven't will power lol. In fact I've started the pages at the end and I didn't thought it was leaked just a spoiler. I'm really glad to see that it made your days. I haven't read enough spoilers because I didn't understood what made you squee so much lol. It's perhaps better like this.
                              I don't want to know details lol but
                              Spoiler:
                              the dinner scene was romantic ? I said this because I saw you speak of Ford ? Ok I don't want to know so please just a yes or no PLEASE Think of me who have to wait lol

Thank you so much

You're too nice

Wow this is so awesome I lve them

Thank you so much

Really ? I'm glad Thank you
                              Thanks, Asgard.

Too bad my job internet doesn't let me get S&R, guess I'll just have to wait...
                              sigpic

Comment

well It Took Me A Little Longer Than An Hour But Here's A Missing Moment From S&r... Based Around The Dart Scene. It's Called 'the Long Way Home'.

Awesome
                                sigpic
                                Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Working...
                                X