John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SGAFirenity View Post
    Oh okay, now I think I vaguely remember that moment.

You need to watch it again. It's a great JT moment! John's concern for her is so apparent and Teyla is just doing what she does best-trying to help those people.
    sigpic
    Sig made by Cazzblade! Thanks!
    Forever!!

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
      Princess Awinita:
      Spoiler:
      Sorry about the lost of your pet I know what that feels like.
      Hey Planet!!!! **HUGS** Happy New Year and glad to see you in here.

Oh well I hope we both feel beter soon. What a way to start the new year.

I wonder also

Ohh, great wallie Sci. However I don't remember that episode, I shall have to rewatch to understand what you mean.

Yup Cazz is right. When I first started on GW I couldn't have a sig until I got to (I think) it was 50 posts or something like that. Whenever you get out of Probie status you can have sigs.

I'm glad you LOVE your wallpaper LandJRule.
      Thanks hun. The ep is from The Outsiders. Not a great ep, but that scene was a stand out one for me. His whole body language spoke loud and clear to me.

Originally posted by Hope24 View Post
      Oh dear how awful for you. Glad you are feeling better. And you were able to have a good time visiting your family and friends. And the best of luck with the procedure. And Happy New Year!

Alright, guys I popped in because I want your thoughts on this. Do you guys believe John and Teyla may have been aware to some extent of each other feelings? Or maybe feelings isn’t the right word to used? So let say the other’s attraction. We had that moment in TLG. “He cares for you more than you know.” line. The “kiss” in Conversion. We had Teyla’s comments in Sunday. We have Teyla’s dream in Dopplanger when Ronon said something like that I told you so. That would implied he has commented to Teyla before about her and John. Or am I reading that scene wrong? We saw Ronon comment's to John in Sunday about him and Teyla. We have John’s dream in Search and Rescue. Just to name a few scenes.…

So I would love to hear your guys’ thoughts and opinions.

And maybe we can start a list of what scene or moment that had you saying WTF…

One such scene for me is when Ronon told Keller that John wasn’t seeing anyone. I was like huh? I can’t remember the episode at the moment.
      Oh I like that question Hope.

Hmmm. I think in some way they may have an idea, but obviously not enough for them to confidently confront each other about it. I also think because of what Ronon said to John in Sunday and what Teyla dreamt of what Ronon said in her dream in DG. I think Ronon mostly likely has made some hints to them both... maybe enough to get some little sparks going. Like Teyla having a "crush", her being extra concern for him in DG, John's longing look in Missing, his dream and so on.

I have quite a few WT* scenes. I think everyone would agree with the one with Repli-Weir and the Kanaan comment, but also in BAMSR when Ronon makes a similar comment. Oh please! Teyla's comment to Sam about them both sharing the "lonelinest" of having the "gift". The whole thing in Missing with her talking about Kanaan for the first time with Keller.... should I go on??

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis4Life View Post
        @scifan
        You're Teyla frowny-face made me laugh. Thanks for your help and no apologies needed. No signature priviledges just gives me more of an incentive to post!
        Thanks hun. You can get more smilies like that to the right of your posting window, just click on "more" to see what else there is and for the more animated ones, you'll need to get a Photobucket account. It's free and fairly easy to do.

Good. Keep posting then.

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
        I think both Teyla and John were attracted to one another from the very first moment they set eyes on each other....but due to circumstances neither really felt it appropraite to voice those feelings and the more time went by the harder it became.

I think there are so many moment where Johns "real" feelings popped out....and biggest one of those is when he kissed her... all those pent up feelings just came rushing out when his inhibitions were lowered...

There were so many from both of them... I think in season 3 the ptb definitley intended for the JT relationship to become stronger and Sunday was probably the first time that Teyla actually admitted to having feelings for someone and later Gero confirmed that this was indeed John...

When Rachel announced her pregnancy I think the writers panicked a bit and came up with the awful Kanaan storyline... and things sorta went to pot between John and Teyla.... but in season 4 and even in season 5 we knew that there were still feelings between John and Teyla and Search and Rescue proved just how much John loved Teyla... but by this time the writers I think had generally lost interest in SGA and they decided that Rodney was going to be the one to end up in a relationship so John/Teyla was side stepped... in retrospect I think the writers are aware what a hash they made of the John/Teyla relationship and how the whole Kanaan thing ended up being rather rediculous.. JoeM even referred to Kanaan as the "babysitter"... So to sum up season five was a bit of a disaster for John and Teyla but I still believe that we got enough scenes to prove to us that there were feelings between JT and it was never really made clear as to what kind of relationship Teyla had with Kanaan... she never said she loved him and only ever referred to him as the father of her child.. so I'm fairly convinced that if we had gotten a season 6 Kanaan and Teyla would be no more.. I'm still hoping for his in the movie or in the new series of books that will be coming out later this year...
        WELL SAID BLUE!!!

Originally posted by Rockhound View Post
        Thanks Everyone for the well wishes!

I don't really think that John and Teyla really knew how the other felt. I believe they could sense that there was an attraction and deep connection between the two of them - but as far as any real romantic feelings, I think they were in the dark with each other. We were a bit more privy to John's feelings for Teyla because we were shown them, i.e. the S&R dream, the "he cares for you more than you know" line, the Conversion kiss. We were shown less of how Teyla felt but I knew she really had strong feelings for him because she would always seek him out when she needed comforting. With John, we caught him watching her (i.e. the Missing balcony scene, the fire scene in the Return) but with Teyla it was more she would just go to John because she felt more comfortable with him than anyone else. The difficult time she had telling him she was pregnant also showed her feelings since it would not have been such a big deal telling him if she didn't care.

I really don't think Teyla told Ronan anything about her feelings for John. Ronan is just so observant about people that he just saw it. We all know that Ronan knows! That scene in Sunday when he mentions to John that he thought he and Teyla would get together I think was just his attempt to push the two of them together. Teyla is really not one to discuss her feelings even with Ronan.

A WTF scene for me was in The Ghost in the Machine when Fran/Elizabeth tells Teyla that she always saw the sparkle in Teyla's eyes when she talked about Kanann??? Another made up lie!

Whenever I watched that ep, I was always confused by John's look as Teyla leaves the room and Elizabeth says something like "Amazing news about Teyla". In the transcript, it says that John frowns when she says that. I think it's funny because it's like he is frowning at the whole Kanaan situation.

Thanks Atlantis4Life and Welcome!!

SCI
        I just love that scene in Outsiders when he screams her name. Just shows he was watching her then too !!
        Again. Well said, Rockhound. I get confused with that look from John too. I mean they went from S&R where she was appreciative even to the point of using John's name for her son to them having them barely speak at all. Maybe it was a kind of Teyla he wasn't use to seeing. Maybe it was a sign to show that she wasn't happy with her chose with Kanaan... I don't know. I forget if someone asked JM about it.

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
        I agree. This had to be the biggest WTF moment.... I think the writers were now desparately trying to back peddle as they realised that there were sooo many loop holes in their so called Teyla/Kanaan relationship...
        Keep going Blue! You're on a roll.

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
        But what gets me is that she said this after thinking straight off the bat that John was Torren's father! Sooo many contradictions!
        Yep. I was good when she question if it was John's but then it through me as she kept on with the load of crap the writer's put in poor Fran/Weir's mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
          Hope - Great question! I think they knew they were attracted to each, but attraction and feelings are very different imo. I don't think either of them were confident that the other had strong romantic feelings for them. Oh, and it's Tabula Rasa the ep that Ronon says that

LandJ - It was Katie that they planned to have pregnant, not Keller. I so wish they'd gone with it! I don't care how badly they'd have handled it, it couldn't possibly be as bad and McKeller or Teyla/Kanaan.
          I see that Rockhound beat me by saying that Ronon said that in DG.

Hmm. I don't know if I would've care for that storyline either though. I mean could you imagine Rodney a dad by now... and with Katie? Poor thing would have two babies to take care of.

The only reason why I'm not thrilled with McKeller is because them rushing it and said they couldn't do it for JT and as bad as I feel for Ronon. I think he could do better. IMO (sorry for Ronon/Keller shippers. ) If they didn't make McKeller top couple then I would be fine with it.... sorry. And as much as I liked Katie, I felt bad for her. She contently doted over Rodney and eventhough he had his moments, he didn't treat her well enough and Quarantine showed that. And Quarentine also showed how John was protective of Teyla. Once he excepted the whole pregnancy thing he was like right there to make sure she was ok. And I think that and from everything he's done for her... like what he did in The Arc... Teyla knew he would move heaven and hell to do what he had to do to save her and keep her safe.

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
          Yeah exactly...that was my first reaction too... I mean sparkle in her eyes...so why was her first thought that John was the father for... you just doesn't think that just of the bat...there has to be something there to actually suggest that.. like she had seen something between them since the start.. I felt that scene was so badly done it was down right stupid... the whole Kanaan story was stupid... that whole storyline was one of the most pathetic ones on the show...
          YOU GO GIRL!!!

Your very welcome and thanx for the compliment on my art.

Ugh....I hate that moment. It's so fake. Like they could have come up with something better, but no.

I really have to rewatch that episode. I seriously do not remember that part.
          It was the only decent part of the ep.

Nice Sig Sci.
          Thanks hun.

Comment

Hot Zone Questions

1. When did John and Teyla start sparring together? And why?

2. Was John right to disobey Weir?

3. If Teyla felt that Sheppard was doing the wrong thing (as she states) why didn’t she try to stop him from leaving the gym? If she had, do you think Shep would have listened?

4. Teyla follows Sheppard’s lead very loyally during this ep, do you think she follows him instead of Weir because of the situation in Suspicion or just because he is her friend/leader of the team?

5. Do you think the conflict between Weir and Sheppard worked well in this ep? Should there have been more of it throughout the series?

6. Do you think the mystery of who made the virus was supposed to be a story arc from this, or do you think they always intended it to be the Replicators in a later season?

7. From the writers/producers POV, why did they have John and Teyla sparring together?
            What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Hot Zone Questions

Very soon after they met. I think John was fancinated by Teyla's sparring moves and wanted to learn them and it gave him an excuse to be close to her...

2. Was John right to disobey Weir?

Weirs action here and most of the time flabergasted me. Why didnt she order someone to go and put Sheppard in a hazmat suit as soon as she heard about the threat and have him help. Instead she tells the military head of Atlantis to stay in his room..

3. If Teyla felt that Sheppard was doing the wrong thing (as she states) why didn’t she try to stop him from leaving the gym? If she had, do you think Shep would have listened?

I don't think Teyla really felt what Sheppard was doing was wrong, otherwise she would have tried to stop him... and I think he would have listened to her or at least had a discussion with her to show his side of things.. I think they had Teyla try and back up Weir to show us that Weir was right in what she did... but it was never beliveable to me..

4. Teyla follows Sheppard’s lead very loyally during this ep, do you think she follows him instead of Weir because of the situation in Suspicion or just because he is her friend/leader of the team?

I think she follows him because she trusts his judgement and John has always put his faith in her unlike Weir..

5. Do you think the conflict between Weir and Sheppard worked well in this ep? Should there have been more of it throughout the series?

I don't think it worked well in this episode because it made Weir seem incompetent and John a bit of a hot head... I don't think Shep and Weir were ever on the same wavelenght though, but I would have liked to have seen some more believable conflict between them... it might have spiced up their leadership a bit more..

6. Do you think the mystery of who made the virus was supposed to be a story arc from this, or do you think they always intended it to be the Replicators in a later season?

Nope..I don't think they had a clue if they were ever going to use that storyline again..

7. From the writers/producers POV, why did they have John and Teyla sparring together?

Because they knew they were both great together and that the audience would love it...... and it was a great way to highlight the sexual chemistry between the two of them...
              sigpic

Comment

LandJ - It was Katie that they planned to have pregnant, not Keller. I so wish they'd gone with it! I don't care how badly they'd have handled it, it couldn't possibly be as bad and McKeller or Teyla/Kanaan.
                Oh. Whoops! My mistake!
                That actually makes more sense.........

IMO- Katie/McKay was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than McKeller. There seemed to be a better fit between them.........

Originally posted by Rockhound View Post
                I believe it's actually Teyla's dream. She is in the tent with John and John is eating something and tells Teyla this is really good. Then Ronan appears and says something to Teyla like "I knew you two would eventually hook up" and Teyla says that we are not hooking up. See even the writers knew at that point that Ronan knew!

That scene where Ronan tells Keller that he doesn't think John is seeing anyone is from Doppelganger also. It's when she is stitching Ronan up and Keller gives a strange look to John because she just had the dream about the bug coming out of Teyla and John's strange delight in it.
                Ooooooo. Right. It was hard to concentrate while watching it on the DVD, as I was slightly on edge wondering if the ep was gonna stop working again.

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                ITA and congrats on Milestone hun.
                Thanks. I'm slowly creeping up the ranks! yay!

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                Hmm. I don't know if I would've care for that storyline either though. I mean could you imagine Rodney a dad by now... and with Katie? Poor thing would have two babies to take care of.
                ROLF! Ha! Yeah- that'd be a funny sight to see! Poor Katie though- having to deal with a kid & also Rodney........ but does sound rather amusing when you think about it!

The only reason why I'm not thrilled with McKeller is because them rushing it and said they couldn't do it for JT and as bad as I feel for Ronon. I think he could do better. IMO (sorry for Ronon/Keller shippers. ) If they didn't make McKeller top couple then I would be fine with it.... sorry. And as much as I liked Katie, I felt bad for her. She contently doted over Rodney and eventhough he had his moments, he didn't treat her well enough and Quarantine showed that. And Quarentine also showed how John was protective of Teyla. Once he excepted the whole pregnancy thing he was like right there to make sure she was ok. And I think that and from everything he's done for her... like what he did in The Arc... Teyla knew he would move heaven and hell to do what he had to do to save her and keep her safe.
                Wow. That's a long paragraph.......

1. I used to root for Ronon/Keller. Now I'm kinda leaning towards Ronon/Amelia (much as Amelia is kinda taking over Chuck's place in the CR.)
                Ever since Prodigal- when they teamed up to get out of that room. You know, that moment where she kick-boxed that Hybrid guy??? THAT WAS AWESOME! And I loved hearing it was the actress who had inspired that moment by actually knowing kick boxing.
                Ronon & Amelia seem to have a chemistry together- I mean, she came in EATG to see him in the Infirmary, & walked with him to the balcony. (I was a little disappointed it was her there not Chuck).

2. I think that's why they broke up- Quarantine proved that their relationship was too unstable to really work long-term.

3. Ditto on the J/T stuff. John always sticks himself out to keep her safe. I think that's why he's so willing to go do those suicide missions- he's so willing to sacrifice himself to save Teyla........ & the rest of them too.
                I think it was after John felt the baby kicked that he finally accepted her pregnancy, & was determined to fix the problem for her & her unborn child. It was right after that that he walked around the room, got that stool & broke that window. Teyla was shocked (who wouldn't after seeing that, & fearing what could come next), but she knew he had to do it, & she had to remain where she was.

-------

VS6 Question:
                Spoiler:

I can't honestly remember what we decided in regards to this.

Are we going to have John & Teyla open up to each other about their feelings?
                If so, when in the season would this happen?

Spoiler:

All Sigs Made By Me.

Comment

Originally posted by LandJrule View Post

VS6 Question:
                  Spoiler:

I can't honestly remember what we decided in regards to this.

Are we going to have John & Teyla open up to each other about their feelings?
                  If so, when in the season would this happen?
                  VS6
                  Spoiler:
                  Yes, but not until later in the season. Ep 17 or 18, can't remember which We're just laying the groundwork at the mo

Also, ep 7 is going to be a week later than we'd intended Kinda forgot about it with my Nan So the preview will be out this friday and the full ep next week

Comment

Oo, and Laura, I've decided that I don't like that scene I've written, so I'm going to write it again tomorrow

Comment

Oh wow, I totally forgot about the VS6. I think I still have to read the last episode called "Divergence".

Sigs by sarah_jones on Livejournal.
                      My FanFiction and LiveJournal

Comment

In 2008, I archived 107 fics at fanfiction.net (some of them were multi chaptered so that total is more).

In 2009, I archived 33 (78% of which were SGA). That's... A bit of a difference
                        don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
                          In 2008, I archived 107 fics at fanfiction.net (some of them were multi chaptered so that total is more).

In 2009, I archived 33 (78% of which were SGA). That's... A bit of a difference
                          Holy cow! I feel completly inadequate with my little 30 some odd total fics now. All but one are SG related.
                          sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

VS6
                            Spoiler:
                            Yes, but not until later in the season. Ep 17 or 18, can't remember which We're just laying the groundwork at the mo

Also, ep 7 is going to be a week later than we'd intended Kinda forgot about it with my Nan So the preview will be out this friday and the full ep next week
                            Lol... we hope

Oo, and Laura, I've decided that I don't like that scene I've written, so I'm going to write it again tomorrow
                            you will need to send me the whole thing again...
                            Hot Zone Questions

In this fic here

Comment

VS6
                              Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Ah, ok. Thanks.
                              I just wanted to make sure- just so I didn't put it in 8.

Awww! I'm away from Saturday! Any chance of being able to push it forward? I honestly don't want to pressure you, but it'd be great to have it before then.

Don't feel like you have to though!

Spoiler:

All Sigs Made By Me.

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                                Holy cow! I feel completly inadequate with my little 30 some odd total fics now. All but one are SG related.
                                I've archived 200 on my profile, not including little vignettes on here or the VS6 eps... And one fic I've posted at RF I wrote a twilight fic but haven't posted it too so...

Yeah, I'm a writing machine Or i used to be, anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X