John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hope24 View Post
    Oh dear how awful for you. Glad you are feeling better. And you were able to have a good time visiting your family and friends. And the best of luck with the procedure. And Happy New Year!

Alright, guys I popped in because I want your thoughts on this. Do you guys believe John and Teyla may have been aware to some extent of each other feelings? Or maybe feelings isn’t the right word to used? So let say the other’s attraction.

I think both Teyla and John were attracted to one another from the very first moment they set eyes on each other....but due to circumstances neither really felt it appropraite to voice those feelings and the more time went by the harder it became.

We had that moment in TLG. “He cares for you more than you know.” line. The “kiss” in Conversion.

I think there are so many moment where Johns "real" feelings popped out....and biggest one of those is when he kissed her... all those pent up feelings just came rushing out when his inhibitions were lowered...

We had Teyla’s comments in Sunday. We have Teyla’s dream in Dopplanger when Ronon said something like that I told you so. That would implied he has commented to Teyla before about her and John. Or am I reading that scene wrong? We saw Ronon comment's to John in Sunday about him and Teyla. We have John’s dream in Search and Rescue. Just to name a few scenes.…
    There were so many from both of them... I think in season 3 the ptb definitley intended for the JT relationship to become stronger and Sunday was probably the first time that Teyla actually admitted to having feelings for someone and later Gero confirmed that this was indeed John...

When Rachel announced her pregnancy I think the writers panicked a bit and came up with the awful Kanaan storyline... and things sorta went to pot between John and Teyla.... but in season 4 and even in season 5 we knew that there were still feelings between John and Teyla and Search and Rescue proved just how much John loved Teyla... but by this time the writers I think had generally lost interest in SGA and they decided that Rodney was going to be the one to end up in a relationship so John/Teyla was side stepped... in retrospect I think the writers are aware what a hash they made of the John/Teyla relationship and how the whole Kanaan thing ended up being rather rediculous.. JoeM even referred to Kanaan as the "babysitter"... So to sum up season five was a bit of a disaster for John and Teyla but I still believe that we got enough scenes to prove to us that there were feelings between JT and it was never really made clear as to what kind of relationship Teyla had with Kanaan... she never said she loved him and only ever referred to him as the father of her child.. so I'm fairly convinced that if we had gotten a season 6 Kanaan and Teyla would be no more.. I'm still hoping for his in the movie or in the new series of books that will be coming out later this year...
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks Everyone for the well wishes!

Oh dear how awful for you. Glad you are feeling better. And you were able to have a good time visiting your family and friends. And the best of luck with the procedure. And Happy New Year!

Alright, guys I popped in because I want your thoughts on this. Do you guys believe John and Teyla may have been aware to some extent of each other feelings? Or maybe feelings isn’t the right word to used? So let say the other’s attraction. We had that moment in TLG. “He cares for you more than you know.” line. The “kiss” in Conversion. We had Teyla’s comments in Sunday. We have Teyla’s dream in Dopplanger when Ronon said something like that I told you so. That would implied he has commented to Teyla before about her and John. Or am I reading that scene wrong? We saw Ronon comment's to John in Sunday about him and Teyla. We have John’s dream in Search and Rescue. Just to name a few scenes.…

So I would love to hear your guys’ thoughts and opinions.

And maybe we can start a list of what scene or moment that had you saying WTF…

One such scene for me is when Ronon told Keller that John wasn’t seeing anyone. I was like huh? I can’t remember the episode at the moment.
      I don't really think that John and Teyla really knew how the other felt. I believe they could sense that there was an attraction and deep connection between the two of them - but as far as any real romantic feelings, I think they were in the dark with each other. We were a bit more privy to John's feelings for Teyla because we were shown them, i.e. the S&R dream, the "he cares for you more than you know" line, the Conversion kiss. We were shown less of how Teyla felt but I knew she really had strong feelings for him because she would always seek him out when she needed comforting. With John, we caught him watching her (i.e. the Missing balcony scene, the fire scene in the Return) but with Teyla it was more she would just go to John because she felt more comfortable with him than anyone else. The difficult time she had telling him she was pregnant also showed her feelings since it would not have been such a big deal telling him if she didn't care.

I really don't think Teyla told Ronan anything about her feelings for John. Ronan is just so observant about people that he just saw it. We all know that Ronan knows! That scene in Sunday when he mentions to John that he thought he and Teyla would get together I think was just his attempt to push the two of them together. Teyla is really not one to discuss her feelings even with Ronan.

A WTF scene for me was in The Ghost in the Machine when Fran/Elizabeth tells Teyla that she always saw the sparkle in Teyla's eyes when she talked about Kanann??? Another made up lie!

Whenever I watched that ep, I was always confused by John's look as Teyla leaves the room and Elizabeth says something like "Amazing news about Teyla". In the transcript, it says that John frowns when she says that. I think it's funny because it's like he is frowning at the whole Kanaan situation.

Originally posted by Atlantis4Life View Post
      I know we aren't very familiar with each other yet, but I'm sorry to hear about what happened with your esophagus. I hope you get surgery soon and that all goes well with it.

Thanks Atlantis4Life and Welcome!!

SCI
      I just love that scene in Outsiders when he screams her name. Just shows he was watching her then too !!
      sigpic
      Sig made by Cazzblade! Thanks!
      Forever!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rockhound View Post
        A WTF scene for me was in The Ghost in the Machine when Fran/Elizabeth tells Teyla that she always saw the sparkle in Teyla's eyes when she talked about Kanann??? Another made up lie!
        I agree. This had to be the biggest WTF moment.... I think the writers were now desparately trying to back peddle as they realised that there were sooo many loop holes in their so called Teyla/Kanaan relationship...
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
          I agree. This had to be the biggest WTF moment.... I think the writers were now desparately trying to back peddle as they realised that there were sooo many loop holes in their so called Teyla/Kanaan relationship...
          But what gets me is that she said this after thinking straight off the bat that John was Torren's father! Sooo many contradictions!
          don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Goodness. You guys went post happy on me when I was gone. I'll eat supper first and try to catch up..... so much to comment on.

Comment

Well...... I'm writing again, but not anything I've been WANTING to work on >.<

Though what i'm working on MIGHT get published.... I hope Fenwaith makes for a good story, I like what i've written so far, Prety much writing as I see it happening in my mind you know, then having to pause and "rewind'

More on this on my DA Journal

~
              Princess Awinita

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
              "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
              "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by SGAFirenity View Post
                I'm glad you LOVE your wallpaper LandJRule.
                Yep- I LOVE ALL the art that everyone gives me here!

Alright, guys I popped in because I want your thoughts on this. Do you guys believe John and Teyla may have been aware to some extent of each other feelings?
                There does seem to be an awareness- as that's how Joe & Rachael acted. (they knew from the beginning that their characters were attracted to each other, & that's why they're so amazing! )

Or maybe feelings isn’t the right word to used? So let say the other’s attraction. We had that moment in TLG. “He cares for you more than you know.” line. The “kiss” in Conversion. We had Teyla’s comments in Sunday. We have Teyla’s dream in Dopplanger when Ronon said something like that I told you so. That would implied he has commented to Teyla before about her and John. Or am I reading that scene wrong?
                They're all really great moments. But I honestly don't remember the Ronon saying I told you so bit........why don't I remember that?!
                Oh wait- that might be the ep on my crappy DVDs from China that doesnt play properly.........I vaguely remember having to skip over Ronon's dream because the DVD was getting stuck on it because the ep was corrupted in that spot.......

We saw Ronon comment's to John in Sunday about him and Teyla. We have John’s dream in Search and Rescue. Just to name a few scenes.…
                Not to forget John's look a few seconds later. From memory, Ronon says that to him, John asks "Really?" to which Ronon just raises an eyebrow. John then looks like he's thinking it over.

*clears throat*
                Like so:
                Spoiler:

And maybe we can start a list of what scene or moment that had you saying WTF…
                Mine would be the sudden drop-in of this 'Kanaan' into all of it.

One such scene for me is when Ronon told Keller that John wasn’t seeing anyone. I was like huh? I can’t remember the episode at the moment.
                I can't remember that either........Sure it's not from a fic?

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                I think there are so many moment where Johns "real" feelings popped out....and biggest one of those is when he kissed her... all those pent up feelings just came rushing out when his inhibitions were lowered...
                When the animal in him came out!
                Best damn bit in the entire show. Best ep too!

When Rachel announced her pregnancy I think the writers panicked a bit and came up with the awful Kanaan storyline... and things sorta went to pot between John and Teyla.... but in season 4 and even in season 5 we knew that there were still feelings between John and Teyla and Search and Rescue proved just how much John loved Teyla... but by this time the writers I think had generally lost interest in SGA and they decided that Rodney was going to be the one to end up in a relationship so John/Teyla was side stepped... in retrospect I think the writers are aware what a hash they made of the John/Teyla relationship and how the whole Kanaan thing ended up being rather rediculous.. JoeM even referred to Kanaan as the "babysitter"... So to sum up season five was a bit of a disaster for John and Teyla but I still believe that we got enough scenes to prove to us that there were feelings between JT and it was never really made clear as to what kind of relationship Teyla had with Kanaan... she never said she loved him and only ever referred to him as the father of her child.. so I'm fairly convinced that if we had gotten a season 6 Kanaan and Teyla would be no more.. I'm still hoping for his in the movie or in the new series of books that will be coming out later this year...
                1. Originally, TPTB had planned Keller to be pregnant. (now THAT would've been far more interesting)
                Rachael practically surprised them by saying she was pregnant, & to keep her in a regular position (for some time at least), they changed it to Teyla being pregnant.
                I think the problem was that it had come rather unexpectantly, & none of them had really introduced Teyla having a relationship with someone up to then- or an actual confirmation of one existing ('Sunday'- when she says she has feelings for someone, but no-one is named.). In the eyes of the audience, she was a single woman.
                So not only did they have the pregnancy story arc to introduce, but make viewers believe that there was a relationship in there too. That's the biggest mistake they made with it- not properly building it up before throwing it at us.

Anyone else notice whenever Teyla talked about Torren before he was born, it was always "he" or "my child"?
                She always said "MY". In Kindred 1, when she's talking to Rodney in the Cafeteria right near the start- she said "my child" at one point.

Spoiler:

All Sigs Made By Me.

Comment

Hope - Great question! I think they knew they were attracted to each, but attraction and feelings are very different imo. I don't think either of them were confident that the other had strong romantic feelings for them. Oh, and it's Tabula Rasa the ep that Ronon says that

LandJ - It was Katie that they planned to have pregnant, not Keller. I so wish they'd gone with it! I don't care how badly they'd have handled it, it couldn't possibly be as bad and McKeller or Teyla/Kanaan.
                  What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
                    But what gets me is that she said this after thinking straight off the bat that John was Torren's father! Sooo many contradictions!
                    Yeah exactly...that was my first reaction too... I mean sparkle in her eyes...so why was her first thought that John was the father for... you just doesn't think that just of the bat...there has to be something there to actually suggest that.. like she had seen something between them since the start.. I felt that scene was so badly done it was down right stupid... the whole Kanaan story was stupid... that whole storyline was one of the most pathetic ones on the show...
                    sigpic
                    Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Originally posted by LandJrule View Post
                      Yep- I LOVE ALL the art that everyone gives me here!

There does seem to be an awareness- as that's how Joe & Rachael acted. (they knew from the beginning that their characters were attracted to each other, & that's why they're so amazing! )

They're all really great moments. But I honestly don't remember the Ronon saying I told you so bit........why don't I remember that?!
                      Oh wait- that might be the ep on my crappy DVDs from China that doesnt play properly.........I vaguely remember having to skip over Ronon's dream because the DVD was getting stuck on it because the ep was corrupted in that spot.......

Not to forget John's look a few seconds later. From memory, Ronon says that to him, John asks "Really?" to which Ronon just raises an eyebrow. John then looks like he's thinking it over.
                      I believe it's actually Teyla's dream. She is in the tent with John and John is eating something and tells Teyla this is really good. Then Ronan appears and says something to Teyla like "I knew you two would eventually hook up" and Teyla says that we are not hooking up. See even the writers knew at that point that Ronan knew!

That scene where Ronan tells Keller that he doesn't think John is seeing anyone is from Doppelganger also. It's when she is stitching Ronan up and Keller gives a strange look to John because she just had the dream about the bug coming out of Teyla and John's strange delight in it.
                      Last edited by Rockhound; 03 January 2010, 03:31 PM.
                      sigpic
                      Forever!!

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis4Life View Post
                        @SGAFirenity
                        Thanks for the welcome. At least I'm not alone in needing to post more. I'm sure we can get there though. Your art is great, especially that forever pic. Mucho Kudos to you!!
                        Your very welcome and thanx for the compliment on my art.

Ugh....I hate that moment. It's so fake. Like they could have come up with something better, but no.

SCI
                        I just love that scene in Outsiders when he screams her name. Just shows he was watching her then too !!
                        I really have to rewatch that episode. I seriously do not remember that part.

Sigs by sarah_jones on Livejournal.
                        My FanFiction and LiveJournal

Comment

Originally posted by SGAFirenity View Post

I really have to rewatch that episode. I seriously do not remember that part.
                          It's near the end when they are trying to get the people through the gate and the darts are attacking. John sees a dart about to swoop Teyla up and he screams for her, when it was actually Rodney and Carson beaming back down from the dart.
                          sigpic
                          Forever!!

Comment

Ok. Let's try this again. I keep interrupted and haven't been able to stay on long enough to respond to long posts.

Originally posted by Jeyla4ever View Post
                            Hi guys!!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

Gosh, I'm so behind, I haven't had time for much of anything.

But anywho, couple of news....

First off, Beya is still reeling in with the last pressies, if you haven't been there, please go and check them out. There are all AMAZING and it was so much fun!!!! Once all the pressies are posted, I'll post one entry with all the pressies well organized and post the link here for your convenience. We have our own stars here that participated, like Yappi, Scifan, Mrs. B, Paulie, Ruby, SGAFirenity, padme, Hope24, Cblade and I. I think I got everyone, right? So, go and check out the pretties. We got some amazing things in there and there's still some more coming.

Here's the link to Beya....

http://community.livejournal.com/sga_beya/

Also, Laura or Cazz.. I need one of you to remind me when I'm doing my fic for the VS6. I have to catch up on the fics there too. Please forgive me but between real life and the Secret Elf, I've been swamped.

Cazz and Laura, I'd also like for you guys to post your Secret Santa fics in Beya once you have posted everything in your sites or here. Pretty, please. Thank you!

And one last thing....
                            Spoiler:
                            one of our JTer shipper is seriously thinking of giving up on this fandom. It saddens me greatly because she's a great writer and a motivator and inspiration to many of us and I know a lot of us enjoy her fics. It's Tielan/Seldear.

She's one of these person that I admire greatly, and although her and I don't always agree on things, I've never expected to agree with everyone and I actually admire her and like her even more because she does that because she's truly one of the few people in fandom that I know that can disagree with me respectfully, openly and still consider me on her friends list. Trust me, that doesn't happen very often in my almost 6 years on this fandom. And I"m talking about people that are from the same ship. So, I just got an email from someone that she posted in her LJ that because the lack of support of her fics in this fandom, she's decided that she's probably not going to write all those fics that she has in mind from SGA. Including JT. That saddens me greatly.
                            So, here's what I'm suggesting....those of you who have a LJ and have her as a friend, send her a note in her posting here.....

http://tielan.livejournal.com/420140.html

Some of us are doing a bit more...we are holding a stocking for her and leaving her pressies and all JT pressies of course, so if you'd like to join with that.....here's the link...

http://community.livejournal.com/fan...ing/59323.html

and even better, if you'd like to leave her comments on her fics....just be sure you read the ratings, but here's her profile in ff.net. Of course, check out her JT first!!!

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/813239/tielan

Lastly, I've always encouraged for us to support one another with comments. You guys know that I bombarded you and even got spiffy with you guys for not supporting Beya, most recently with the Beya Exchange. It's sad because only through comments can we tell others how much we love their work and their talents and their love for JT. I know that from personal experience, I started writing and doing my artwork and have improved in both accounts only because of the help and support from my fellow JT shippers here in GW. Those that were here from the start of my journey are mostly gone but I'm still forever grateful for them because it was with them that I continued and still do today. And I thank many of you for that as well.

I realize that we all have our different tastes and likes and dislikes. I realize that we all have our limits to what we can like or not like...I"m not asking you to lie or pretend, but as far as I know, we are all learning here. And yes, there are some that are way better at this that most of us, it still something that we are learning and we can get better at. There are ways to let someone know that they can improve but I'm sure that the fact that they like JT is one bonus in my book as it is...and if that's all you can find good in their work, then at least that's a positive comment. That's just my two cents, of course. Regardless of what you decide as individuals, the JT love is suffering and has always stood on the sidelines in fandom because we've never been able to unite ourselves as one fandom. I thank those that have tried.

I still love you guys though, and I still think I hold the title of thread mommy!

HUGS! and Happy New Year....

*steps down from the podium*
                            Thanks Jeyla. I'll see what I can do to pitch in and make her something.
                            And you will always me the Thread Mommy. IMO.

Happy New Year Everyone!!

I hope everyone had a great Holiday! Just got back in the wee hours of the morning today from visiting family and friends in New York and Connecticut. We had a great time except for one small 8 hr trip in the Emergency Room on Christmas night 2 hrs after we got off the plane thanks to something stuck in my esophagus causing me to not be able to swallow anything even saliva. I threw up for 8 hrs every 5 minutes Not very fun! Everything is ok now, but I need to have a procedure done very soon so it doesn't happen again. All in all we had a great time, but it went by way too quick. Hubby has to stay another week for work. My daughter keeps telling me she wants to move back.

I need to catch up here. RL was way too busy before we left, but now I hope to really look at all the GREAT art that has been posted lately. For me, I have actually (I think) figured out how to load the sig Cazz made for me. This is a huge accomplishment for me!! I am not very good at these things.

Off to catch up....
                            Happy New Year hun and glad to have you back to warmth. Sorry you got sick and I hope all goes well for fixing the problem. Did you remember to wave to Jeyla while you were there? I'm too far Northeast for you to see me.
                            **HUGS**.

Originally posted by LandJrule View Post
                            Mmmm, yes. That's why I love both J/T & Joe & Rachael. They're as amazing in RL as their characters.
                            ITA and congrats on Milestone hun.

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                            Yipyips are cool But that's offtopic, And hurry it up with that icon please, i'm still waiting on Lemming to get me my (unwanted) photoop.....
                            YW hun. Glad you like them both.

Comment

It's near the end when they are trying to get the people through the gate and the darts are attacking. John sees a dart about to swoop Teyla up and he screams for her, when it was actually Rodney and Carson beaming back down from the dart.
                              Oh okay, now I think I vaguely remember that moment.

Comment

Nice Sig Sci.

Comment

Working...
                                X