John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gigajules
    Thank you kindly! I lurked for a long time, then I registered, then I quit being a sissy and started posting.
    Yepper, that's what it says. (I've been all about the scripty fonts, lately. No idea what that's all about. Hopefully I'll get over it before I drive people nuts.) Just in case...
    Spoiler:
    In the commentary for that particular scene, both David Hewlett and Joe Flanigan mention how Teyla doesn't look particularly put off by what just happened. Joe referred to her expression as a "stop it some more" look. As in, she'd like the opportunity to tell him to stop that some more, lol.
    Thanks for explaining to me 'Stop It Some More' wooh..that was crazy. Those boys loved that comment didn't they?! Hmmm..I'm loving it, is all i can say. I'm so glad that J/T so well in your face I mean we're like confirmed up the wazoo. It's not like we didn't know, since Sanssong and DM have been reassuring us all the time. But between you, Sanssong, Sel; all we get is more and more and more J/T love.

I'm start beleiving my spec, that Ronon is really Teyla's brother at the end of S3...oh the shocker of all shockers if that comes out. And to hear that they should have went for the more romantic ending for Conversion and Gero beating himself up over it. Wicked cool...I guess he's a J/T shipper and we have Binder as another J/T shipper...wowsa!!! I think I can rest easy!

Shoot, lucky I fell on this shipper group!!

LONG LIVE Shep/Teyla!

VB
    Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by Gigajules
      I have exactly the same problem. I can crank out icons like nobody's business, but banners not so much. I think it's just what you said. You get accustomed to making sure things fit in a 100 x 100 square without looking cramped and then suddenly you've got all this wide open space to futz with.

Anyhow...I've only done one John/Teyla icon so far (probably because I'm a crappy romantic). The text is something that Joe Flanigan said on the Conversion commentary that absolutely cracked me up.

Welcome! Hope you'll stay around, post some icons, banners, and wallpapers, and write some John/Teyla fic.

However, I'm curious - if you don't mind my asking, what's the font in the icon and the font in your sig banner, and where did you get them? I'm always on the look out for more scripty fonts.

Incidentally, peeps, it seems that Tielan has finally finished the John/Teyla ship manifesto she's been threatening to do for a while. It's over on her LJ if you want to take a gander.

Sel.

Comment

Originally posted by seldear
        Welcome! Hope you'll stay around, post some icons, banners, and wallpapers, and write some John/Teyla fic.
        Thanks much. I plan on finding some time to avoid work do those very things sometime soon.

However, I'm curious - if you don't mind my asking, what's the font in the icon and the font in your sig banner, and where did you get them? I'm always on the look out for more scripty fonts.
        The font in the icon is called LainieDaySH, and the one on the banner is Jey. You can get Jey here. I'm not sure how we got the other one, though. My husband downloads fonts all the time and when I go to do something there's just nifty new stuff there. (I imagine he feels similarly about the laundry. It's magic, honey! I looked in the closet and my clothes were all clean and folded!)

Comment

Hi!

I tried to find a copy of Lainie Day SH to use for JT banners but none of the links to it work. I did find a note on one font site that said there was some sort of debate going on about whether or not it was a pirated version of this font, which costs $25 to dl: http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/paratype/liana/

I don't know. Looks like Lainie isn't online anymore. I didn't check all the free sites but I went to a lot. Too bad, too. It's really pretty and looks great in banners.

I do hope to make a new JT banner this weekend.

Comment

i did it!!!!......My JT ABC's...oh well A to E anyway...

here's a sepia sig with the same pics...I'd been trying to find the right words for this sig for awhile...but just couldn't come up with anything good...But if anyone has some words they think fits the looks on their faces...plz tell me......

R.I.P Wraithlord
            Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Pretty!!!

And I'm only going to SQUEE once at the news of wanting a more romantic ending for conversion...

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Okay... two... SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!
              Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

Oh, you guys are going to give me a hissy fit with all of this J/T love confirmation! YIPEE!

Um...Sanssong..I LOVE that new SIG of yours.....

Witchy....how fitting that somewhere in your ABC there is BEWITCHING! LOL!
                love it hon....love it!

VB..how can you ever doubt these two? it's just so OBVIOUS!
                and they look so damn HOT together....and they just develop that relationshipso well...

Now, what is this news about Gero wanting to end Conversion shippy? I didn't read that? Did I miss something again? Um..you know me...I do things to fast.....no time...

Um...what did I forget...To all Newbies...HI! and Welcome....

Okay, I have a proposition...Vb and I and DM have been discussing this for a bit...how about we do an episode a day discussion and create wallpapers...etc...from now until the season premiere...
                there is a marathon coming up if you don't have season 2 episodes recorded in your tivo or dvd.....or those of you who don't have it can review pics and stuff to refresh your memory...

What do you guys think?

VB and I thought of doing S1 and S2 but I don't think we have enough days left to do both seasons and this way we can have more days for each episode...suggestions, ideas?

I am still working on my J/T ABC....don't worry...it is coming...just very busy in Camyland....

OH, did I tell you guys that I bought a puppy! YUP! baby girl...Abbey....she's a Schnoodle...mixed of a poodle/shnauzer...LOVE HER!

I was going to name her Jeyla, but hubby, and kids...Well, let's just say it didn't go well!

HUGS!

love J/T
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bella
                  The challenge is a wallpaper based on the Suspision balcony scene. I know it's not very shippy but I love the caps and I think it's too shippy for the Teyla thread. Strange I know.
                  I'm actually away 'til Friday so I'll post mine then.

Caps here
                  And here

Oooo I love this challenge and the caps have inspired me to create! i'll try to have it done by Friday as well...great idea bella!

I have also been inspired by the musings of Caz to do a sig/wallpaper! I am going to be busy!

But Witchy I love you ABC sig...for some reason the coloring of Teyla really stands out to me...Gorgeous....hmmm could you snip that part and make an icon of her...I'm already snagging your sig...I have so many fabulous JT sigs I can now redo my rotating sig!

And

Welcome to Gigajules!
                  and thanks for the info on the 'Conversion' commentary...Squee worthy news if I do say so myself! Ack I can't wait for season 2 on DVD..

Slightly off topic...but if anyone wants to see how the episode 'The Tower' could have gone should really pick up the Stargate novel 'The Chosen'...no real ship worthy moments in it but there was some great team interaction and while it was heavy on the Shep/McKay dynamic...Teyla was wonderfully portrayed in this novel..strong, a leader, a warrior, sympathetic, a voice of concious...She was how I wish TPTB on the show would use Teyla every episode...

Comment

Originally posted by AthosianGirl
                    Oooo I love this challenge and the caps have inspired me to create! i'll try to have it done by Friday as well...great idea bella!

I have also been inspired by the musings of Caz to do a sig/wallpaper! I am going to be busy!

But Witchy I love you ABC sig...for some reason the coloring of Teyla really stands out to me...Gorgeous....hmmm could you snip that part and make an icon of her...I'm already snagging your sig...I have so many fabulous JT sigs I can now redo my rotating sig!
                    See that's why you're my cyber sister....Just I was waiting to unveil the icons...but just for you i'll let you have this one early...

might as well give this one to make them a matching pair...

And

Welcome to Gigajules!
                    and thanks for the info on the 'Conversion' commentary...Squee worthy news if I do say so myself! Ack I can't wait for season 2 on DVD..

Slightly off topic...but if anyone wants to see how the episode 'The Tower' could have gone should really pick up the Stargate novel 'The Chosen'...no real ship worthy moments in it but there was some great team interaction and while it was heavy on the Shep/McKay dynamic...Teyla was wonderfully portrayed in this novel..strong, a leader, a warrior, sympathetic, a voice of concious...She was how I wish TPTB on the show would use Teyla every episode...
                    Couldn't agree more....I'm only 3/4 of the way through but if 'the Tower' had worked out like this it would have been so great...even though Ford's whole arc with Lisera wouldn't have been there...But i definitely am enjoying the whole team in it....
                    Last edited by WitchBlade007; 17 May 2006, 12:14 PM.

R.I.P Wraithlord
                    Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Originally posted by Camy

Witchy....how fitting that somewhere in your ABC there is BEWITCHING! LOL!
                      love it hon....love it!
                      Thanx Camy!...I couldn't come up with anything else... ...but you know it very true they bewitch each other...

R.I.P Wraithlord
                      Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Originally posted by WitchBlade007
                        See that's why you're my cyber sister....Just I was waiting to unveil the icons...but just for you i'll let you have this one early...

Yay...I'm special! Thanks Witchy! *Looks up at her number of posts in the corner and grumbles about having to post 100+ times to customize my avatar!*

Which means I'm all for the episode countdown/wallpaper thing...just set up a schedule!

Couldn't agree more....I'm only 3/4 of the way through but if 'the Tower' had worked out like this it would have been so great...even though Ford's whole arc with Lisera wouldn't have been there...But i definitely am enjoying the whole team in it....
                        I recieved the book yesterday in the mail and since I had no school today...read the whole thing, finishing it this morning...I was surprised how the authors, even though centering much of the plot on Shep and McKay, really did Teyla and Ford justice!

Just to keep on topic....I loved that we got to have a small sparing scene between Shep and Teyla too...and also the two second...errr never mind that... I don't think your to that part yet So I'll keep my mouth shut!

Comment

Originally posted by AthosianGirl
                          Yay...I'm special! Thanks Witchy! *Looks up at her number of posts in the corner and grumbles about having to post 100+ times to customize my avatar!*

Which means I'm all for the episode countdown/wallpaper thing...just set up a schedule!
                          *jealous*...I've still got so much to post til i can do a custom avatar.......

I recieved the book yesterday in the mail and since I had no school today...read the whole thing, finishing it this morning...I was surprised how the authors, even though centering much of the plot on Shep and McKay, really did Teyla and Ford justice!

Just to keep on topic....I loved that we got to have a small sparing scene between Shep and Teyla too...and also the two second...errr never mind that... I don't think your to that part yet So I'll keep my mouth shut!
                          Got mine since Saturday just had to torture myself study..so school took a front seat.

Spoiler:
                          I liked the sparring scene..how was it...Teyla had her foot on his chest... ...when she took him down?

AHHHHHHHHHH.....runs off to finish reading for the two second moment....

R.I.P Wraithlord
                          Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Originally posted by HyperCaz
                            I posted my first sheyla only story on stfever
                            This is a cute story...everyone should check it out...it is such a feat because I believe that Caz said she couldn't write Teyla...well she proved herself wrong!

Here is the acutal linkage in case anyone wanted to know... http://community.livejournal.com/stf...5.html?#cutid1

Comment

My exams are done so I can come back here to you. I've missed you all...

Comment

My German Joe and Torri interview translation... It's more a 'word in word' translation... I hope it's correct I mean the English part here......

Torri Higginson...

Well this has been told me already.. I don't understand why. Yes, he's a handsome man, very handsome. But always this contradiction by Weir's directives. And then this obvious flirts with Teyla.... Poor Lizzie, there would be a lot to do. Although John Sheppard could rough up* her life properly. In contrast to this the wraiths and their queen are nothing.

Joe Flanigan...

Yes I have heard about it that there are a lot of fans who wishes little more closeness between Weir and Sheppard. But, I don't know what the writers are thinking about this. In the last season Sheppard focused his attention on Teyla and vice versa. We will see, what will become out of it. If it doesn't work out, then Dr. Weir is still there[...]
                                They both [Teyla and John] have a special chemistry. Very witty sometimes. The harmony doesn't dominates always there. But it's completely different than with Sheppards boss, Dr. Weir.[...]Well, Dr. Weir must hang/hold together the team... It's up to her if the mission will be a success. Unfortunately, a love story doesn't fit in this concept.

*not sure about this one...

Comment

Working...
                                X