No announcement yet.

John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cpt. Ritter, Camy and CeeKay Sheppard, your top ten's are great and I love the way each of you had a slightly different focus. Cpt. Ritter's list was more of a sporty guy/gal's list with fun things like football, pizza, karate, etc. Camy took the more exotic route of literally having Sheppard show Teyla the world. And, CeeKay took the direct, linear route of, as WB mentioned, "first comes love, then comes marriage...

WB, I love your vids and can't wait to download your latest.
    sigpic
    Sig by Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo
      Cpt. Ritter, Camy and CeeKay Sheppard, your top ten's are great and I love the way each of you had a slightly different focus. Cpt. Ritter's list was more of a sporty guy/gal's list with fun things like football, pizza, karate, etc. Camy took the more exotic route of literally having Sheppard show Teyla the world. And, CeeKay took the direct, linear route of, as WB mentioned, "first comes love, then comes marriage...

WB, I love your vids and can't wait to download your latest.

Thanks Maxbo...Okay, WB..I have to come back and check out those vids..B-day for my middle child today..so I will be gone for most of the day...

But, I have a topic of discussion and I want to see what you guys come up with...cause right now..I am stressing this one out..you know how I get...
      anyways,

It seems in one of the latest con reports...my lovely and wonderful friend Trippy, who by the way, adores Joe Flannigan...as most of you know...
      Um..where was I ...yes, it seems that when fans asked Joe about John's kirking he stated something like this is supposed to be his character's weakness...now, I've always stated that for John, Teyla is his weakness..but now, to think that anywoman who lures his way in front of him becomes his weakness, is a bit upsetting to me...

Now, please, don't misinterpret...Trippy and I did discuss this last night, while also sharing some of our most intimate concerns with the signs of aging and...What the heck...you people don't need to know this..

Moving on...so far for me, the episodes that I have seen have not given me any concerns about the kirking besides the Tower and that one doesn't even count either..in all of the episodes, the woman have approached him and really he is not bound to anyone and probably doesn't see himself ever with Teyla for the obvious reasons..so, my concern then is this whole "weakness" statement..why does this have to be a weakness..does that mean that if he ever got with Teyla that he would cheat on her?

or does it mean that he is projecting his weakness towards Teyla over to other woman that comes his ways? or does it simply mean that he is a man who has no ties right now and all of this space stuff is so new to him that he is just enjoying things as they come?

Oh, that last one hurt to write!

I don't know, maybe cause I'm a girl *clears throat* woman, I don't understand this..God help me when my three boys start dating! I don't know how I"m going to handle that one! Already I tell my boys that I'm their one and true love!

but, anyways, I want your thought about this...really...put my mind at ease will ya...
      also, this coming up episode..Infierno..now I have heard only nice things about it..but I been browsing through caps to do all the stuff that I am doing in the Teyla threads and I opened that one..and from the very beginning and right in front of Teyla, John seems to be drooling all over that Andromeda blonde chick who I just can't STAND!

So, I'm hyperventilating here..and I need backup! for those of you who have seen this episode..oKay, don't tell me...cause I've noticed that when I knew ahead what is going to happen, I miss like the whole thing...and I totally interpret things differently most of the time...

So, like the Epiphany kirking..that wasn't bad at all! If anything it showed me just how much Sheppard loves the people in Atlantis..the entire time he was there..he hated it! and she came onto him...Like a prowess...What was he supposed to do...? see that I get...and that I thought was nice...because he was trying to move on..but deep inside when she told him that his friends were here...He jumped and was there in a heartbeat.....and when he told them how long it took them..you could see how hurt he was ....and his issues with abandonement...I bet we will find out that his father or mother or both abandoned him when he was young or something...

Anyways, it seems that in Infierno..he really goes out of his way to flirt with this chick and the fact that he does it in front of Teyla worries me...If he cares about her why would he even do this in front of her? does he do it to spite her? does he do it without even thinking about it? has he just put their relationship in the back of his mind? I mean does he not know that he just confessed in two episodes before that he cares for her?

Okay, breathe in, breathe out! I really have to find something else to do...this is too stressful! I feel like I need to go to Teyla and tell her..Go with RONON! and have your fun! Forget about this loser!

OH< GOSH! DID I JUST WRITE THAT! AG...intervention! INTERVENTION!

Trippy, hon! you know I Love you! SKIP OVER THIS ^ top piece there!

But, seriously..I mean I LOVE this couple and maybe this is just a sign that their feelings are there but they are not ready for this and realize that right now is not the time..so each one of them is still doing their own thing..but what concerns me as welll...(yeah i have more) is that now Teyla is becoming the worry freak! before it was Weir and now WEIR is LIKE totally in ConTROL and I love it! did you see how in Coupd'etat she was like NO RONON! and NO We are not sending in no puddle Jumpers!
      DAMN IT THAT'S THE WEIR THAT I KNOW AND LOVE! LOVE HER..LOVE HER

but now, my awesome, Teyla is on the sidelines, weeping and crying and turning into an emotional break down! I don't want that for her! do you?

I mean is that the Teyla that we want to see, worrying on the sidelines while Sheppie keeps having his fun and getting himself into danger all the time?
      Not me! and I'm pretty upset about the whole thing...I hope this is not the direction that the writers are going for Teyla.....I love John and Teyla you guys know that, but I love Teyla's character far more than my ship..

DID I JUST WRITE THAT TOO?

Well, it's the truth...I find Teyla an awesome character and I don't want her to be stereotyped into the girl waiting for her man in the corner biting her fingernails in the process...I want her kicking butts, I want her kicking John's butt and everyone else's and yes, worry about him but not in every episode especially when there is nothing there between them yet!

Okay, now that I acted like a complete idiot! you let me know what you think..and I can just see it now, I wrote an essay and you guys will write two sentences and make me feel much better...jeepers...
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Camy
        Okay, now that I acted like a complete idiot! you let me know what you think..and I can just see it now, I wrote an essay and you guys will write two sentences and make me feel much better...jeepers...
        I know it's probaly not my place to be the voice of reason seeing how this isn't my ship. And i should probably just let you panic .
        But, i really don't think you should worry so much about the so called kirking. Leaving the ships aside, what has Sheppard really done?, should i put spoiler space here?, probably Season 2
        Spoiler:
        He's flirted a bit, i don't think in Inferno he flirted that much, and most of it was just to bug Rodneykins. And he's slept with three chicks in two seasons (although some people don't think he slept with Mara), counting the flirting and the shaggin' that's like five episodes out of fourty. Some people have pointed out to me that their problem with it was that the women were boring, and the episodes to close together. I think they have a point there, it's not a big a problem as it seems, IMO.

Just breath in, breath out, don't let tptb screw up with your mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
          I know it's probaly not my place to be the voice of reason seeing how this isn't my ship. And i should probably just let you panic .
          But, i really don't think you should worry so much about the so called kirking. Leaving the ships aside, what has Sheppard really done?, should i put spoiler space here?, probably Season 2
          Spoiler:
          He's flirted a bit, i don't think in Inferno he flirted that much, and most of it was just to bug Rodneykins. And he's slept with three chicks in two seasons (although some people don't think he slept with Mara), counting the flirting and the shaggin' that's like five episodes out of fourty. Some people have pointed out to me that their problem with it was that the women were boring, and the episodes to close together. I think they have a point there, it's not a big a problem as it seems, IMO.

Just breath in, breath out, don't let tptb screw up with your mind.
          OH, LUZ..HON...You see what I mean..one paragraph..and I already, I feel the stress leaving my body!

YOU CAN COME IN HERE ANYTIME... You are too good! Thanks...My shippers buds here will be so thankful that you were here for me when they couldn't be!

And you've made a great point...
          Now with Mara..I was told that he didn't sleep with her...I guess in the original script it was written that he told her to leave his room but of coarse in a nice way..now if you are referring to Chaya...Damn it...if they slept together, he was awfully quick about leaving her..when we see that he just walked out of the room and two minutes later she comes out too...
          not worrying me...

And the other one must be the one from Epiphany...yeah, that one I could see happened..but again..he was awfully quick to leave her and not care too much about it! so,no feelings there...Ah, you just made my day! now I can leave in peace and celebrate my boys' 12 years....his b-day Today!

Luz..you are too good! please come back again...Whistler use to come here all the time..and we just ADORED her! and if she was a tough headed as I know she was and still be here and love us..you can be sure that we aren't going to bite you...

Whistler......
          sigpic

Comment

It seems in one of the latest con reports...my lovely and wonderful friend Trippy, who by the way, adores Joe Flannigan...as most of you know...
            Um..where was I ...yes, it seems that when fans asked Joe about John's kirking he stated something like this is supposed to be his character's weakness...now, I've always stated that for John, Teyla is his weakness..but now, to think that anywoman who lures his way in front of him becomes his weakness, is a bit upsetting to me...
            Okay you've taken me out of my hiatus when I saw this..just to make sure you guys are keeping our fandom up!! But to see this post..oh shame!!

Okay, I think when John says it's his weakness..he's not speaking in the sense of romantic involvement but in the sense of his character's flaw. So in that sense Teyla could be his weakness, but his character flaw is just beautiful women and especially the fact he can't do anything with Teyla just yet. With Teyla he has an emotional commitment, these women are brief sexual interludes. Remember he's a healthy male....keep that in mind, who seems attractive enough to have had a healthy collection of women over the years. And when it's free why deny it. Obviously you can see I have no problems with Kirking!

Moving on...so far for me, the episodes that I have seen have not given me any concerns about the kirking besides the Tower and that one doesn't even count either..in all of the episodes, the woman have approached him and really he is not bound to anyone and probably doesn't see himself ever with Teyla for the obvious reasons..so, my concern then is this whole "weakness" statement..why does this have to be a weakness..does that mean that if he ever got with Teyla that he would cheat on her?

Again I dont't hink he meant weakness in the sense of love interest and women are his weakness. But at the moment their a character flaw and he's into beautiful women. Look at the base..so far the pretty ones we have REALLY are Cadman, taken by Carson. Katie, who's too busy with crazy military men and freaked out scientists to date. Then we have Weir, who's is CO or boss and it can be assumed that there's no way their going to date each other---just imagine that drama.. Plus he doesn't seem the type to even do something with his boss. Then there's Teyla..and at the moment..we know that even if they wanted to..they coldn't because he KNOWS that Teyla would not be able to commit totally unless the Wraith are gone--she did join the Atlantis team for this reason. So if he did get with TEyla he probably wouldn't cheat on her. But in the meantime they would be willing bodies when he obviously doesn't have any on base.

or does it mean that he is projecting his weakness towards Teyla over to other woman that comes his ways? or does it simply mean that he is a man who has no ties right now and all of this space stuff is so new to him that he is just enjoying things as they come?
            Emotional ties and sexual ties are two different things remember that. And for men they look at things differently. There is sex and then there is love. He may love Teyla or whomever the ship you want. But the thing is...either party are really not ready not in the sense of emotional growth, but actually because of the prevalent factors affecting the base in general! Men view sex as just that...sex. And if it's free fine. Women at times view sex synonymous with love. Let's talk about how Teyla may view sex? From her peopel she may see it as done when people have decided on a mate or are planning on bonding for life. And right now....Teyla could not do that. Not only because of who she is but what her purpose is. She is a leader and worries for the welfare of her people...she is completely self-less and there for is willing to sacrifice her immediate happiness for her people until such time that they are at peace. And JOHN knows this, he is aware of it. And since the emotional committment has not been verbally done..he does as he pleases. This is the other reason that I sometimes think Teyla is a virgin---the leadership seems to have been thrust upon her at a young age.

I don't know, maybe cause I'm a girl *clears throat* woman, I don't understand this..God help me when my three boys start dating! I don't know how I"m going to handle that one! Already I tell my boys that I'm their one and true love!
            Hahaha cute. And although oedipus like it's the truth. In the eyes of all boys the most beautiful woman is their Mother and model all other women after her. Same goes for girls and their father. Of course this is not a definite model but in most well balanced families it's the norm. Whch is a shame, I adored my dad..but let me tell you..he was a dunce and he had no ambition...especially with me around who's crazy about power and sucess.

but, anyways, I want your thought about this...really...put my mind at ease will ya...
            also, this coming up episode..Infierno..now I have heard only nice things about it..but I been browsing through caps to do all the stuff that I am doing in the Teyla threads and I opened that one..and from the very beginning and right in front of Teyla, John seems to be drooling all over that Andromeda blonde chick who I just can't STAND!
            Did you see my review of Inferno? If you didn't read it..you should. I did say that
            Spoiler:
            John did find the woman attractive and the woman was turned on by both him and McKay but it was clearly apparent she was mainly into McKay; and actually John was all about making McKay jealous and pissing McKay off. So do not worry about the show. I realise I don't have a problem with kirking, but I didn't see it..it was much more to antagonise McKay than anything. And from what I could see, she was all about McKay as well, especially the end... I thought the end was mainly about our ship and us seeing Teyla being in love with John..because her face said it all.

So, like the Epiphany kirking..that wasn't bad at all! If anything it showed me just how much Sheppard loves the people in Atlantis..the entire time he was there..he hated it! and she came onto him...Like a prowess...What was he supposed to do...? see that I get...and that I thought was nice...because he was trying to move on..but deep inside when she told him that his friends were here...He jumped and was there in a heartbeat.....and when he told them how long it took them..you could see how hurt he was ....and his issues with abandonement...I bet we will find out that his father or mother or both abandoned him when he was young or something...

Which is something that's being discussed on another board. I'd like to see about his dad myself. He might actually have one---who's alive. Or at least some kind of family.

-edited for easier readability.
            Last edited by vaberella; 23 February 2006, 02:11 PM.
            Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Anyways, it seems that in Infierno..he really goes out of his way to flirt with this chick and the fact that he does it in front of Teyla worries me...If he cares about her why would he even do this in front of her? does he do it to spite her? does he do it without even thinking about it? has he just put their relationship in the back of his mind? I mean does he not know that he just confessed in two episodes before that he cares for her?
              He doesn't really flirt with her in front of Teyla..
              Spoiler:
              it was more blatant when she wasn't around. If you saw Teyla's face she was finding it a hoot cause it was pissing off McKay....look at her face in the first scenes, when she's talking.

He does care about her, and you should wait to see the ep before jumping to so many conclusions. That's not what I got from my interpretation and I make sure to view each ep without shipper glasses....I wait for you guys to post so I can rewatch and reevaluate the ep.

Okay, breathe in, breathe out! I really have to find something else to do...this is too stressful! I feel like I need to go to Teyla and tell her..Go with RONON! and have your fun! Forget about this loser!
              Hmmm...I think I'm gonna get p'ed off! That was uncalled for..plus I suspect it might come out Ronon and Teyla are related *fingers crossed* . Since in Teyla's history she has a brother...so who knows they might have gotten separated in a culling. I think I do this to bug the Dex/Teyla shippers...Hahhahaha

But, seriously..I mean I LOVE this couple and maybe this is just a sign that their feelings are there but they are not ready for this and realize that right now is not the time..so each one of them is still doing their own thing..but what concerns me as welll...(yeah i have more) is that now Teyla is becoming the worry freak! before it was Weir and now WEIR is LIKE totally in ConTROL and I love it! did you see how in Coupd'etat she was like NO RONON! and NO We are not sending in no puddle Jumpers!
              DAMN IT THAT'S THE WEIR THAT I KNOW AND LOVE! LOVE HER..LOVE HER
              Yeah...I was very worried about that aspect in Teyla..but I think I figured it out. You know how we all said we wanted to see Teyla act like she cared about John..it all seems one sided in John's case. Now we get that..through her expressions and yet....we're worried she's becoming weakkneed and malleable.

I got over my fear that Teyla was going to be a simpering female---I think this is her way of showing what she can't say. And you know what, I can't fault her that. I can't complain either. John show's his feelings, by killing those that hurt her, or attacking them, or having his baser instincts come out in the long run. But she does it through her worry about his welfare and of course the distress magnitude she feels. She can't say it but that emotion is overwhelming and maybe new to her.

I think also it's because we're not used to it...but remember season 1..she wasn't about that. She had to steel herself because throughout the eps because she was under suspicion. She really wasn't looked at as that much of a valued member by anyone than her team mates, still the juries out on Rodney. Now she's making head way and being respected by the Atlantis Crew and no longer under that previous suspicion she had for the crew and they for her; she's feeling more liberated for lack of a better term, and I feel she's found a surrogate family in them, and she's allowing herself to be more emotional..as we can see.

but now, my awesome, Teyla is on the sidelines, weeping and crying and turning into an emotional break down! I don't want that for her! do you?

No but I responded to it above....check. When we complain they hear us and try to fix the problem..but it's not what we want or think we want and now we complain.

I mean is that the Teyla that we want to see, worrying on the sidelines while Sheppie keeps having his fun and getting himself into danger all the time?
              Not me! and I'm pretty upset about the whole thing...I hope this is not the direction that the writers are going for Teyla.....I love John and Teyla you guys know that, but I love Teyla's character far more than my ship..

DID I JUST WRITE THAT TOO?

Well, it's the truth...I find Teyla an awesome character and I don't want her to be stereotyped into the girl waiting for her man in the corner biting her fingernails in the process...I want her kicking butts, I want her kicking John's butt and everyone else's and yes, worry about him but not in every episode especially when there is nothing there between them yet!
              Read my statement two quotes above. You are being a bit silly but it's understandable, I went through the same..until I started rewatching season 1, several times, and going over some of season 2.....I see what the writer's are doing..and their not making her the barefoot and pregnant.

I don't think teyla would be as worried if she was there during the drama beside John. And when you see Inferno he's clearly worried about Teyla and Ronon..my only complaint about the ep is that they cut it wrong....the ending didn't flow right, but it's understandable in a 45 minutes show (w/o commercials). And unlike Teyla, John is not always in a safe place or has the chance to really be worried about Teyla this season...that was more in Season 1. He has to do what he has to do then and there....and then he'd have the luxury of Teyla. But you do see that this season is very different from last in how much time they spend together. Now we're seeing Teyla in a new environment, before it was all about Shep/Teyla or Shep/McKay, now they're fleshing out the characters and mixing them up.
              Spoiler:
              Check out the end of Allies....it's pretty much McKay and Ronon for Season 3, it seems.

It's sort of like their developing both the characters but at different times, which makes sense it's not the J/T show and I'm happy about that---plus it shows Teyla's growth as well as John's less memorable attributes. We know though, John seriously cares for Teyla..and is willing to take care of her. Hence why we ship. This time they tried to focus on Teyla's reaction to him....now we think she's weak..she's not...their developing her feelings for us to understand and to really see the change. If anything check out season 1 and sit there and compare the character changes.

VB....ugh....laters..

-edited for readability---I was in a rush, had class and an exam.
              Last edited by vaberella; 23 February 2006, 02:23 PM.
              Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Well, Camy, I had a whole long spiel to say, but Luz and VB took the words right out of my... I was going to say "mouth," but that's not quite right, is it? I have only one thing to add: I think Sheppard has no frakkin' idea how charming he is. When you're that cute, almost anything you say can sound flirtatious. IMO, anyway.

Luz – As Camy said, you are welcome to stick around. If everybody agreed on everything, the world would get pretty boring.

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

Are you asking me this, Ritter..cause I think that although I honestly believe Teyla wouldn't leave her people, and I believe John would stay in Atlantis, if he had the opportunity like he did in Home to go to Earth and bring Teyla, he would..even if it's just for her to see his home world..and in Home Teyla did express how she would love to see Earth..there is not question in my mind that hopefully Teyla will make a trip to Earth and I know that John would be the most logical one to show her the sites....
                  That's what I meant, I know they'd live in Atlantis if they ever got together, or he'd stay in Pegasus since he really doesn't have a home, but he does want to show her his world (I mean really show her) someday, and that's what I meant by that.
                  Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

Okay first point, to protect my pride. Not all men view sex as a free ride. I know some do, but that's not me and will never be a part of my characterization of John Sheppard.

Okay, second point. Commenting on the emotional connection between Teyla and Sheppard. I guess it's easy to have sex when there is no connection, but I wouldn't know and I'd hope it wouldn't be true. But the emotional connection is a hold against anything Shep may desire sexually from Teyla. He knows she's hot, how can't he? But he's developed this relationship that he's scared to break the boundaries of, at least in my mind.

The same goes for Teyla too. She is a leader of her people and has sworn to defeat the wraith. I'll take VB's word that many women view sex and love as synonomous here and elaborate. Teyla hasn't had the time for a serious relationship, she's been too busy trying to save her people but she can't deny this growing emotional connection with Shep. This is showing in her worrying.

But worry itself is not a weakness, it's an emotion. Teyla is still the tough fighter that we know from Season 1, if she gets into a pinch, she can fight her way out, or at least she'll try. More often than not however, she's not been in a situation to flex her kick butt arsenal, Shep has, and she's been worried because she's not there to help him.

Third point... okay, I can't think of it, I lose my train of thought in longer posts. I view the kirking as a threat, and the emotional toll it must be having on Teyla and for that matter those close to him. I know for a fact that I get pissed off when my friends start making wise cracks or worse yet making out with boyfriends (only my friends that are girls do that because only my friends that are girls have such things, my guy friends are way tooooooo nerdy) I can imagine Teyla would feel the same way, I'm thinkin' of a fic where she slaps him. (Wait a tick, Shep would enjoy that too much)

Comment

My Teyla vid with a permanent link, to any who missed it. It's minorly shippy.

Walk On

Comment

I'm of the opinion that Shep is simply a man who was literally dropped into a vat of very good looking woman. It's understandible to me that he'd, erm, test the waters before diving in. (did that make any sence?) I only hope that he gets over the "notch on the belt" stage before he realises that Teyla is the woman for him. (that may be bias) The LAST thing we need is for him to throw away Teyla after a one night stand. Except for maybe Mara, these women KNEW Shep wasn't gonna be around forever. Maybe they just wanted some alien (mumbles) to? After all he IS an alien to them.

Comment

In the beginning, when he first met Teyla, he treated her like a hot chick that he was flirting with, and probably hopeing to get with later. But, once he learned about her past, and got to really know her, he couldn't do something like that to her. And now he has feelings for her, not just sexual, but emotional. So, if John and Teyla were to ever get together, it wouldn't be a one night stand. And I think John has been sleeping around because well, he gets lucky with alien women! lol Even though we shippers don't like it, John is going to have relationships, and hopefully Teyla will too! But I think eventually, when they are both ready,John and Teyla will get together.

Sorry so late to post! I went to the movies and slept over my friends house. And tomarrow, I'm going rock climbing!

Comment

Camy, you wig out too easily. I told you everything's fine. Sheesh! I'm not concerned with this supposed 'kirking' thing anyway. Well, I told you all about that yesterday. Sit back, mamacita, and enjoy your ship.

And if you ever mention our 'signs of aging' chats again, I shall whip the crap out of you and tear up your dancing skirt.
                            Sig by Camy

Comment

Ouch, sounds harsh trippy.

Originally posted by mishy91
                              In the beginning, when he first met Teyla, he treated her like a hot chick that he was flirting with, and probably hopeing to get with later. But, once he learned about her past, and got to really know her, he couldn't do something like that to her. And now he has feelings for her, not just sexual, but emotional. So, if John and Teyla were to ever get together, it wouldn't be a one night stand. And I think John has been sleeping around because well, he gets lucky with alien women! lol Even though we shippers don't like it, John is going to have relationships, and hopefully Teyla will too! But I think eventually, when they are both ready,John and Teyla will get together.
                              Yeah, example, that incredibly flirtatious smile. Thanks goodness that when they get together (note, when) it'll be for a long time and it'll be good.

Comment

Originally posted by mishy91

Sorry so late to post! I went to the movies and slept over my friends house. And tomarrow, I'm going rock climbing!
                                Well said, mishy. Because John's not involved with anyone yet, he's not really doing anything wrong, however, he is losing his ship appeal because so far, he's the only one getting involved with so many others. I hope Teyla gets to have relationships too, otherwise, she runs the risk of looking like a lonely woman standing in the background waiting until John sows his wild oats. UGH! I hate it when women are written this way.

If TPTB wants to keep ship options open, then having both characters have full lives is the best way, IMO.
                                sigpic
                                Sig by Luciana

Comment

Working...
                                X